Current Page: 20 of 134
Re: Desteni
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: April 14, 2010 03:25AM

Cameron Cope
If you have any integrity whatsoever and have made a claim that Desteni is potentially unsafe, I suggest that you make a statement correcting your mistake and stating that you are not saying that Desteni nor Desteni Education is unsafe.

Do you have any documentation that shows that Desteni or Bernard Poolman or Sunette are causing anything other than abuse or harm? One that originates with non-Desteni sources. Not Desteni publicity but from a reliable independent source.

Or to show why or how Desteni is a safe group, you could start by actually addressing the points made in this thread that show it is unsafe rather than just suggesting that they are mistaken.

Cameron Cope
If you have a claim of an actual documented and verified case of harm or abuse caused by Desteni or Desteni Education please give a link or information for where the case can be found.

You said that before and there has been more than one reasonable reply.

Cameron Cope
Otherwise, stop speculating.

This is from the forum Disclaimer:

'This message board was designed to offer the public an open forum for discussion and free expression, concerning controversial and/or potentially unsafe groups, and generally related subjects.'

The last thing that is going to stop anyone expressing their views in such matters is a request from a member of a potentially unsafe group. If you regard main points of the discussion as mere speculation that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but it has no bearing on the matter because it fails to explain or express anything of any real significance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2010 03:27AM by Sandman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cameron Cope ()
Date: April 14, 2010 03:30AM

Sparky
Cameron Cope, I never claimed "abuse" which can mean many things in many lexicons and I don't know how you mean this word. I can say that if, in fact , as it seems from The Anticult's postings, that Bernard Poolman is the author of your learning software, and that his likewise posted statements of "mind-washing" (my word) and getting control of children early is any indication, I myself as a single citizen of the USA, would not recommend anyone submitting their children to this learning program unless other studies by secular organizations can prove it is safe and not in any way related to Destini SA. As you have repeatedly claimed on this forum that it is not and you only "liked the name", but also seem to like "destini ideals".

I hope you are right and this is not related to destini SA. I think once again, from the evidence presented here, that I will be disappointed in people, namely, you, this time...

It looks like you may have fibbed to us here...

from the very beginning of my posting here i never said i didnt want anyone to relate Desteni Education with Desteni SA. i am concerned that you are implying that my company is engaged in dangerous, potentially unsafe activites

Cameron Cope
@Rick Ross,

Have you visited the Desteni Education website? Please do so. Understand that we offer Educational Software to accelerate Reading Skills in children as a supplement to their school education. We have been promoting our products through several sources and not only at the Desteni.co.za forums. What does this have to do with the accusations of Desteni in South Africa being a cult?

@TheAntiCult

Please check out the Desteni Education website before assuming anything. We do not describe our products on the desteni.co.za forum because all the information is on our company website. WE ARE NOT ASKING THAT ANYONE DOES NOT 'LINK' US WITH DESTENI PRODUCTIONS, but the fact remains that Desteni Education and Desteni Productions are two separate entities. We are an educational/reading development software company. Do you have something against children being able to read? Please what are your specific questions regarding Desteni Education?

-- Cameron Cope

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 14, 2010 03:40AM

Cameron Cope:

No one has in any way said that they are "against children being able to read..."

This is a false argument.

Please understand that this message board is not a place to promote your business. And many of your posts do come across as more like self-promotion than on point responses.

Attempting to attack members personally is against the rules of this message board, which you agreed to before posting here.

Repeating the same statements while ignoring responses, is not meaningful discussion, but rather attempting to subvert discussion and obfuscate.

Stay on topic, which is Destini.

Last warning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2010 03:47AM by rrmoderator.

Date: April 14, 2010 03:47AM

rrmoderator
Cameron Cope:

No one has in any way said that they are "against children being able to read..."

Please understand that this message board is not a place to promote your business. And many of your posts come across as more like self-promotion than on point responses.

Attempting to attack members personally is against the rules of this message board, which you agreed to before posting here.

Last warning.

I am not promoting my company here. I only came here and started posting when one of the other members posted information about my company. I have explained our products to demonstrate that they are not nefarious as some posters have suggested. This was done in direct response to other member's posts and was clearly not done as a solicitation. I did invite members to visit our page or contact me for information purely to provide information for them to conclude that their claims of our company being dangerous are false. I am not in any way soliciting. All of my posts have been in direct response to other members' posts.

Date: April 14, 2010 03:48AM

rrmoderator
Cameron Cope:

Please understand that this message board is not a place to promote your business. And many of your posts come across as more like self-promotion than on point responses.

Last warning.

If you agree with me that Desteni Education is off topic for this "dangerous cult exposition thread" then please by all means, delete all posts that reference Desteni Education. I would appreciate your support in that immensely.

Date: April 14, 2010 03:49AM

Cameron Cope:

You have already repeatedly explained how you see your products.

Move on.

Nothing will be deleted.

You have explained your association with Destini and Bernard Poolman.

Anyone interested can read the thread to understand this, as your statements are self-explanatory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2010 03:52AM by rrmoderator.

Date: April 14, 2010 09:32AM

To whom it may concern:

Cameron Cope has been banned from this message board.

Posted by: _silentassassin_ ()
Date: April 18, 2010 09:58PM

I advice everyone to do some research on Pantheism, which is "GOD" real gnosis.
Making people rise up their consciousness trough non-existent dogma, certainly isn't helping, instead you are striping away from human beings, their individualities and self-expressions.
Also I advice the desteni members and Mr. Bernard Poolman, your leader, to stop using that poor girl, as a mean get your information from. She's a human being, and not a gateway or a "portal" where your suppose to get your information from bad entities/vibes.

Re: Desteni Education, who wrote the Afrikaans software and content?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 19, 2010 07:53AM

Have to still go back and take a closer look at the writings of Bernard Poolman.

Also, if anyone has an older copy of the Desteni Education software, they could look up inside the software to see who wrote and owns the content of the software, which people are listed, or a company.
The evidence so far shows that Bernard Poolman and friends wrote the Desteni Education "reading software".

Its interesting how the Desteni Education "Read Software" is in both English and Afrikaans.
[en.wikipedia.org]
but of course, Desteni of South Africa, has "nothing" to do with the South African Afrikaans language version of the Desteni Education software! They wrote that for all the people in Texas who speak Afrikaans. (sarcasm alert).

They are also making more "claims" that the software can overcome all "disorders" with no proof, of course. These are like the medical claims being made by Desteni, and you can't do that in the USA, or risk the FTC and others for false advertising.

And for a "vocabulary" software, why are Desteni using bad run-on sentences with awful grammar that even don't make no senses ever much?

Its about bad translation from the Afrikaans pen of Bernard Poolman, and about leading people down the Desteni rabbit-hole, into the Desteni universe.

__________quote excerpt_____________
www.destenieducation.com/Read_Program.html
"The Read Software has been researched since 1998 and is continuously being upgraded.
The Current Version covers both the English and Afrikaans languages...

www.destenieducation.com/Vocab_Builder.html
"When used, we can show that No disorders need to exist that is Mind-based."

"Through the disciplined usage of our software, we have already shown the consistency of our results and request the habitually negative literalists to remove limiting habits using our revolutionary software for the teacher and parent that want to join us on this exciting journey into a excellent future, we welcome you on board with joy."

Re: Desteni Education, who wrote the Afrikaans software and content?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 19, 2010 08:02AM

Also, one of their alleged Testmonials must also be from "Texas" and not from South Africa.
They teach a lot of French, Afrikaans and Zulu in Texas these days!

_________quote excerpt______________________
www.destenieducation.com/testimonials.html

Since I went into High School this year I have to understand English, Afrikaans, Zulu and also French.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2010 08:04AM by The Anticult.

Current Page: 20 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.