Current Page: 13 of 134
Re: Desteni, Music by Cameron Cope Lyrics by Bernard Poolman
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: April 08, 2010 10:59PM

Cameron Cope
Have you visited the Desteni Education website? Please do so. Understand that we offer Educational Software to accelerate Reading Skills in children as a supplement to their school education.

It appears that you are selling so-called 'educational software' as a means of promoting Desteni as a way of life and thereby quite possibly as a method of indoctrinating children.

Cameron Cope
We have been promoting our products through several sources and not only at the Desteni.co.za forums. What does this have to do with the accusations of Desteni in South Africa being a cult?

It has to do with it because, as you surely must know, Desteni Education would not exist without Desteni of South Africa. The 'Vocabulary Purifier', the main software product sold through the Desteni Education website was developed by Desteni of South Africa.

By the way, the two previous images posted that were supposed to be of Bernard Poolman are not of him. The attached image of Bernard Poolman is from one of the videos advertising the Desteni 'Faceworldfaceoff' campaign which they describe as in order 'to get at least 100 million people to shave off their hair as a statement of Standing up in no longer participation in the hair industry' -- [www.youtube.com]

Shaving one's head in Desteni would of course be the same as 'self honesty' and 'self-forgiveness' in Desteni; just another way of exhibiting unquestioning compliance.

Attachments: Bernard Poolman.jpg (97.6 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Desteni
Posted by: Cameron Cope ()
Date: April 09, 2010 12:06AM

rrmoderator
Cameron Cope:

You say that Destini is "education" or "educational," but when repeatedly asked for information about a scientific peer-reviewed and published study that demonstrates the measurable results achieved by Destini programs no one, including Mr. Poolman, could specifically cite anything.

One or two Destinee participants defended the group as a "new religious movement."

Is Destini based upon faith or facts?

Is it education or religion?

If it is education why has no one that posted here offered any objective evidence to prove the claims made by Destini and/or Bernard Poolman?

All those associated with Destini that have posted here have only offered their personal subjective experiences, much like religious folks offering their testimonies.

Doesn't this mean that Destini is a belief system based upon faith and not education?

Rick Ross,

'Desteni Education' is a United States company registered in Houston, Texas. We sell software that corrects reading disorders and accelerates reading abilities in children. What has this to do with faith or religion? You are welcome to contact me through our website at www.destenieducation.com and purchase the products and test them for yourself.

--Cameron

Date: April 09, 2010 12:20AM

Sandman
It appears that you are selling so-called 'educational software' as a means of promoting Desteni as a way of life and thereby quite possibly as a method of indoctrinating children.

Sandman,

It 'appears' that we are doing this as a means of 'promoting Desteni as a way of life' to you because you allow yourself to make assumptions and then present them as if they are facts. The fact is that 'Desteni Education' is a for-profit company based in Houston, Texas which sells software to correct reading disorders and accelerate reading abilities.

What has this to do with promoting Desteni as a way of life? Are you saying you would rather children have a life in which they are not given tools to learn to read effectively?

We have many competitors which have nothing to do with Desteni Universe in South Africa, and yet for some reason you believe that we are promoting Desteni as a way of life by selling reading software. What about those other companies, like "houghton mifflin" or "creative education institute". Because they do not share the name Desteni, yet do the exact same thing, they are somehow exempt from your scrutiny?

Do some research on the Desteni Education website and give your perspective on how our reading software is "indoctrinating children". Give specific examples from the website. Don't speak in generalizations that only expose the fact that you did not read all of the material on the site but only read enough to validate your own opinions.

Do you actually have any integrity or are you willing to say anything as long as you feel like you've won something?

--Cameron

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 09, 2010 12:32AM

Cameron Cope:

You did not answer my question directly.

Is Destini a belief system based upon faith or is it something objectively proven by facts and shared through education?

Which is it?

You say that Destini Education in Texas, "sells software to correct reading disorders and accelerate reading abilities."

Is there a scientific study that demonstrates the objectively measurable results of this software? If so, has the study been peer-reviewed and published in a credible journal?

Date: April 09, 2010 12:42AM

ThomDarc

Here is a lovely brochure like testimony written supposedly by a "Mother" to get people to feel safe about bringing their kids to Desteni Farm: Click Here

I don't know how South Africa legally views issues like child molestation, But in my view the South African government should keep a careful eye on Desteni.

"ThomDarc" - I can assure you - it is not a written by a 'supposedly "Mother" ' - She is my Mother and I can assure you she is very real lol. She visited the Farm for 1 month and is re-visiting again in a few.

She once thought that maybe Desteni was a cult - but by seeing me change in front of her eyes (in a positive way that is, before you make any assumptions about 'how' I changed) - made her change her mind. And visiting the Farm was an eye-opener for her - in one month she learnt more about herself than she did throughout her entire life.

I suggest you don't write assumptions about Desteni if you haven't experienced what Desteni does and stands for in fact - if you dare.

Date: April 09, 2010 01:23AM

rrmoderator
Cameron Cope:

You did not answer my question directly.

Is Destini a belief system based upon faith or is it something objectively proven by facts and shared through education?

Which is it?

You say that Destini Education in Texas, "sells software to correct reading disorders and accelerate reading abilities."

Is there a scientific study that demonstrates the objectively measurable results of this software? If so, has the study been peer-reviewed and published in a credible journal?

Rick Ross,

From my perspective, Desteni is not a belief system. It is a website that shares perspectives on the current state of our world and possible solutions. It promotes the use of common sense. It urges people to be honest with themselves. It urges people to consider that no mistake is unforgivable if one is willing to make the necessary correction. It is a place to foster discussion between individuals. It is not presented as objective facts but rather perspectives to consider and test for oneself. You will have to take it upon yourself to prove whether the perspectives shared there are objective.

I would suggest that you examine the material for yourself and not rely on another's statement as to whether the material is objectively provable. Even if I said it was, would you accept it? Even if another person, a famous scientist said it was and conducted a study, would you accept it?

Do you not see that "objectively proven by facts" is jargon specific to a cult based on the belief that scientific study can "PROVE" absolutely that something is a fact? Doesn't this require FAITH that the scientific method will always produce FACTS? Every scientific system is based on some type of assumption (a point of faith). Godel's incompleteness theorems are one demonstration of this within the system of Mathematics, the very foundation of all logic and science.

The answer to your last question is that our products have not yet been peer-reviewed in any journals that I am aware of, however I have spent countless hours with children testing the software and proving to myself and to the children that it works. I have many, many testimonials from parents and children attesting that the software has assisted them when their schooling alone was not able to.

Our software is not a miracle cure for reading. It requires self-discipline to use the program and to practice daily to learn vocabulary and to train one's eyes to move more rapidly across the page to be able to read faster and with more comprehension. This is always made clear to any parent or child interested in our products.

--Cameron

Date: April 09, 2010 01:23AM

Sandman

Sandman,

It 'appears' that we are doing this as a means of 'promoting Desteni as a way of life' to you because you allow yourself to make assumptions and then present them as if they are facts. The fact is that 'Desteni Education' is a for-profit company based in Houston, Texas which sells software to correct reading disorders and accelerate reading abilities.

What has this to do with promoting Desteni as a way of life? Are you saying you would rather children have a life in which they are not given tools to learn to read effectively?

We have many competitors which have nothing to do with Desteni Universe in South Africa, and yet for some reason you believe that we are promoting Desteni as a way of life by selling reading software. What about those other companies, like "houghton mifflin" or "creative education institute". Because they do not share the name Desteni, yet do the exact same thing, they are somehow exempt from your scrutiny?

Do some research on the Desteni Education website and give your perspective on how our reading software is "indoctrinating children". Give specific examples from the website. Don't speak in generalizations that only expose the fact that you did not read all of the material on the site but only read enough to validate your own opinions.

Do you actually have any integrity or are you willing to say anything as long as you feel like you've won something?

--Cameron

Date: April 09, 2010 01:24AM

LeilaZamoraMoreno:

Is there anything about Destini that you disagree with?

Do you think any criticism of Destini is valid?

What other organization by name specifically do you think are fulfilling a equal role equal to Destini in helping people?

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Date: April 09, 2010 01:31AM

Cameron Cope:

You say that "Desteni is not a belief system," but admit "that our products have not yet been peer-reviewed in any journals..."

Don't you and other Destini devotees believe in "channeling" and various other "New Age" religious claims?

Isn't it true that Destini is little more than a composite of such essentially religious beliefs and claims?

Date: April 09, 2010 01:43AM

rrmoderator
LeilaZamoraMoreno:

Is there anything about Destini that you disagree with?
No - if you use common sense you will realise that what Desteni presents is in fact what is best for all, and how can one disagree with what is best for all? ALL includes everyone and thus what is best for all = is best for self

Do you think any criticism of Destini is valid?
What critisism are you referring to specifically

What other organization by name specifically do you think are fulfilling a equal role equal to Destini in helping people?
None that I know of

Where do you see yourself in five years?
I don't know, I'll tell you when I'm there.

Current Page: 13 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.