Re: Equal Life Foundation
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 19, 2012 01:58AM

Suspected that in fact Equal Life Foundation was not a real REGISTERED non-profit, but just an informal private one.
Sects and cults in the US do that too.
Because if you are a properly registered non-profit, you have to disclose your IRS and other documents to donors.

But if you are a private "non-profit" then you are accountable to no one. So many cults and sects run these private "non-profits" and just use them as a piggy bank, to cover their travel costs, hotels, car rentals, and not have to pay tax.
They also hire themselves to do "research" and research at the beach. Its a scam loophole, and they all do it.

And if anyone gives money to the private "non-profit" then you have no idea how its being spent.
That is why no one should ever give one dollar to a private unregistered "non-profit" as in the cultic environment they are simply a tax dodge and a piggy bank for those running it.
There is no accountability whatsoever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Natasha ()
Date: June 19, 2012 04:48AM

I have done this. I hope this is an organisation with some teeth ?

Posted by: Natasha ()
Date: June 19, 2012 07:15PM

This is the reply that I got re checking the Not for profit status via that link :
Cipro Alerts Alert@cipc.co.za
6:50 AM (5 hours ago)

to me
Good day,

We acknowledge the receipt of your email. Unfortunately this office cannot assist you with this query as this is not a fraud related matter.

Please refer to the attachment on how to search for enterprise details. This service is available free of charge.

Should you not find the information that you are looking for, or require more information on the directors, you are welcome to use our manual disclosure facility by sending an email to disclosure@cipc.co.za. You can alternatively use our electronic disclosure facility by sending an email to data@cipc.co.za. Please note that a fee might be levied for this service

You may also contact our customer contact centre on 086 100 24 72 or alternatively send email to info@cipc.co.za

Kind regards

CIPC Fraud Alerts Team

I don't really see why it's not a fraud issue, myself. But there we are.

Equal Life Foundation, non-profit organization
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: June 19, 2012 09:41PM

There is also this link: [www.cipc.co.za] to register complaints to address alleged contravention of the Companies Act. However, as a Non-profit Company (NPC) seems to have a fairly loose definition and is described as

A company incorporated for public benefit or other object relating to one or more cultural or social activities, or communal or group interests

it may be that Equal Life Foundation is technically not in contravention of the Companies Act, and as The Anticult has pointed out it is a way of exploiting a loophole in the law and that's why so many cults and sects register as "non-profit companies".

Re: Equal Life Foundation, non-profit organization
Posted by: exposethelies ()
Date: June 20, 2012 04:36AM

They have reappeared as Techno Tutor

Filled with lieas and deception

Re: Desteni
Date: June 25, 2012 03:45AM

My apologies for not replying sooner, I have been in hospital and did not have access to the internet during that time.

If you would like to see the Desteni 'course material', please send me a PM along with an e-mail address to which I can send it. I suggest making a gmail or hotmail account for the purpose of doing so if you do not wish to disclose your regular e-mail address. I will forward a zip file containing the PDF's I have of the course material -- video content unfortunately is too large to send via e-mail but trust me, once you see the PDF's you'll get a good enough idea of what sort of bullshit operation they're running over there. I will ensure that the zip file is virus checked before sending it off but please, for your own sake, run it through one of the recommended virus scanners just to cover all bases.

Sandman -- with respect to your post above, obviously there's quite a bit to be concerned about when discussing the mental health of others but be aware -- much of that material (see Luka's post) is simply "Trollbait". There was a very similar post on the Desteni Forum earlier in 2011 where someone complained that they suffered from 'Chronic Fatigue' symptoms, made references to table tennis/ping pong and what not, stated that they had so little energy that they couldn't even watch TV/movies or read a book yet somehow, they managed to find the energy to prop themselves up in front of the computer and punch out a nice long post to Desteni along with a handful of follow-ups. There are many posts like this on the Desteni forum, or rather I should say, there WERE many posts like this... people attempting to troll / get attention but not being smart enough to look at their own posts in retrospect/keep track of their own bullshit lies. For some reason, you will see repeated references to Eating Disorders, OCD, PTSD and Autism in particular. A quick glance through the DSM IV shows that these conditions tend to overlap in many ways, particularly Eating Disorders and OCD -- these are serious problems in society which often go untreated or unseen because of the secrecy under which they are often hidden. OCPD even moreso since sufferers are not able to see that they actually have a problem and this in itself becomes an actual symptom of OCPD -- "there's nothing wrong with me!".

This brings me to my next topic, the fact that Desteni is a breeding ground for trolls. Even long-standing members will take someone elses post and do a 'Bill Gates' with it, if you get my meaning. When the river begins to run dry, forum members tend to feed off one another -- rather than coming up with their own material to post, they'll read someone elses post and then spin it off, reword it a little, criticize it (in a very troll-like way, of course -- one particular member Kasper Kwan AKA Mr. 'ASS' (Asian Student Scorned) is particularly fond of doing this (although I must say, he's alarmingly uninitiated in that sort of behaviour), especially when it comes to posts made by members to which he feels threatened or otherwise belittled.))).

To answer your question regarding why Bernard Poolman only wants your money and does not care about Equality?

People join Desteni and begin posting. One of the following will occur:

a) If they do not post enough, they will be prompted to post more. Which then leads to b) ...

b) If they do post, ask questions/ask for help/guidance, they will be QUICKLY prompted to take 'the course' and to 'read the material and do the course'.

No, you are not allowed to 'preview' the course material before you pay for it, you are not even allowed to get the smallest glimpse of what you are paying for -- you just have to take their word for it and hope that you get your moneys worth (which you don't, by the way -- Desteni never received so much as a single cent out of me but I still managed to get a hold of the course material thanks to my interpersonal engineering skills).

DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY TO DESTENI. THE COURSE IS MADE OF PURE BULLSHIT AND YOU WILL NOT LEARN ANYTHING THAT YOU CANNOT LEARN FOR FREE.

Just in case you didn't hear me the first time, let me rephrase it -- the Desteni 'course' is a Potpourri of other 'self help' materials and counselling/psychological matter. What you are paying for is for someone in South Africa, who has ripped off other peoples material and mashed it together into a PDF, given it a different heading and slapped together into a so called 'course'. It is pure, unadulterated crap and if anyone from Desteni has the balls to disagree with me THEN BRING IT!

Bernard Poolman -- telling people they have to be visible/accountable. Bernard Poolman hides behind a bullshit avatar 'cartoon' of something which unsurprisingly resembles a troll! Do you SEE Bernard Poolman talking on any videos? No. Do you see his 'real' picture of any Desteni material? No. Why? Because he's a fat, ugly old man who sounds like a pirate with a bad case of strep throat and let's face it -- what sells? Fat, ugly old men... or slim, bald-headed and not-particularly attractive women? Okay, not a good comparison but you get where I'm coming from.

Bernard Poolman is a coward, a liar and a fraud.

Note to Mr. Ross: My apologies if I am stepping over the line here, I am unsure of what your policies are with respect to how outspoken we are about matters and what not.

Again -- please PM me if you want to take a look at the material. Mr. Ross: Would you be prepared to host the material in it's PDF form so that people can easily access the truth behind the Desteni bullshit? I think that given the lifespan of this thread, surely it would be worth considering? The Copyright that Desteni claim on the material is null and void and therefore there would be no violation in hosting or distributing the material.

Oh I'm sorry Bernard, you didn't want me to say that, did you? I did my homework, too bad you didn't.

Best wishes and kind regards, B.I.

Re: Desteni
Date: June 25, 2012 04:39AM

Again:

Desteni is a huge, massive waste of time and money and is simply an operation for people like Lindsay, Darryl, Bella and the rest of the troll company to vigorously masturbate their self-acclaimed intellectual ego. Honestly, if you REALLY think you're THAT intelligent, let's see you do something with it! Come, get off your asses and prove your mettle!

Speaking of Lindsay, she attacked me on the forum and upon confronting this woman and requesting that she 'face off' with me on voice/video chat, she CHICKENED OUT because she's just like the rest of the monkeys at Desteni and the trolls who feed off them - they hide behind their keyboards and attack people but when it comes to being faced in person they can't handle it! Bwaaaark! *cluck*

And while I'm at it, let's take a look at Darryl -- someone who, again, presents himself as a so-called "intellectual" or "highly educated" individual. Take a close look at Darryl's posts when he gets on his soap box about Politics, talking about people like Ron Paul and company as though he plays golf with them or lives right next door to them. Look again and you'll find that Darryl's posts are, unfortunately, regurgitated Googlesnatch. Nice try Darryl -- we all know that it takes you something like an hour to punch out a simple post, all that copying and pasting you have to do. You have absolutely no idea about politics, so do the world a favor and just keep your misinformation and bullshit nonsense to yourself. I seriously doubt the colored community in America want a phony posterboy like you causing further damage to their reputation -- although I think you've done quite enough already, especially looking back at some of your earlier, somewhat narcissistic posts (era 2008-2009). Blacks in this country have it hard enough already Darryl, so just shut the fuck up or think before you speak.

Desteni HAS TO GO. They can change their name as many times as they want but we're onto them.

--- B.I.

Re: Desteni-leaks
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 25, 2012 08:31AM

Maybe some activists or others will do a Desteni-leaks...and upload relevant material on Desteni on free file hosting websites.

Anyone can search Google for:

free file hosting

Desteni I Process, course materials, Facebook, internet cult
Date: June 25, 2012 04:17PM

With leakage of Desteni "course materials" via a free file hosting site, for example, File Factory [www.filefactory.com] or Media Fire [www.mediafire.com] maybe some people will re-distribute them and/or make videos or write pieces further exposing the Desteni and Equal Money System scam, which can't be a bad thing. Download links can be posted here and elsewhere.

They have already been exposed and debunked several times over at this forum and via several other outlets and this surely has had the effect of deterring their recruitment strategies. However, after it's been explained numerous times over that Desteni is a scam then anyone doing the debunking may lose interest and move on to more interesting things, but then Desteni can still proceed with their strategies for recruitment. Even Poolman has remarked that the "anti-Desteni movement" helps to weed out those people he would not find useful.

There are some relatively recent photos of Mr Poolman on his Facebook page:
[www.facebook.com]

The presence of Desteni or Destonians on Facebook might be against the rules but it seems that FB admin do not respond to requests to have Desteni barred from FB. If they cannot be found to be doing anything that is illegal and prosecuted for it then what else can be done? Some more practical measures need to be found.

As an aside, contrary to comments in the Zeitgeist Movement thread at this forum that "Destinians" or rather the Destonians are an "internet cult", although many of their interactions do occur online, they are not public, as they take place via Skype, on their private forum and in PMs etc, and all of these communications are centered on offline activities, including regular, short and long-term holidays at the Desteni farm. There are small groups in Europe, Canada and the US that meet up regularly and some run actual businesses together. Desteni is not just "internet-based". Far from it, and when you consider that many people, especially younger people, are practically online 24/7 via computers and mobile devices then the distinction between on or offline is somewhat blurred anyway.

Desteni, TechnoTutor, vocabulary builder, Cameron Cope
Date: June 25, 2012 05:46PM

Some more interesting research on Techno Tutor and other Desteni-related subjects at Muertos Blog:

Desteni Resurgent: A Conspiracy Cult Diversifies
[muertos.blog.com]

Where did I find this information on Techno Tutor? On this site, New Earth Publishing, a European website selling various things…including Techno Tutor. How much does this product cost? €2,490. At today’s exchange rate, that’s $3,123.

[www.newearthpublishing.de]

I want to stress that this is a circumstantial case that Techno Tutor may be a Desteni front, not a conclusive case. I could be wrong. If I am wrong, correct me. Let’s hear what Techno Tutor really is and really does, in the form of verifiable testimonials from parents—not affiliated in any way with Desteni—who purchased this product for $3100+ and feel satisfied that it directly improved their child’s school performance. I would also like to hear about whether Techno Tutor is in fact the “Vocabulary Builder” or “Vocabulary Purifier” allegedly invented by Ferdi Poolman, and if his issues regarding ownership and representation of the software have been resolved to his satisfaction. I believe, given the issues that have been raised about Desteni and its leader Bernard Poolman, it’s entirely justifiable to ask reasonable questions about the relationship of this Techno Tutor program to Desteni and why high-commitment Desteni cult members are the driving forces behind its marketing.

TechnoTutor is the same software or an upgraded version of the "Vocabulary Builder" that was originally available for free via the Desteni website circa 2008. It was re-branded "Quantum Vocabulary Builder" and released via "Desteni Education", which was represented at this forum by Cameron Cope. This can be traced in earlier threads on this forum in which Cope participated. Since then it has re-appeared as TechnoTutor.

The post at this forum from Ferdi Poolman was confirmed as genuine as it prompted at least two video responses from Bernard Poolman where he remarked on Ferdi's accusations and described his personal history with his brother. These events have also been documented at this forum, but the videos were deleted by YouTube. The issues regarding ownership were not resolved, apparently because Ferdi did not want to stir up trouble with his brother. His advice was that if anyone should encounter Bernard they should turn and run the other way.

Bernard Poolman's main business before setting up Desteni was "educational software" for children. He has described this in some of his videos.

Cameron Cope already has a business tutoring children so he will most likely be hawking TechnoTutor to parents at the same time. The whole operation is obviously integral to the Desteni scam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2012 05:47PM by Sandman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.