Re: Desteni
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: December 13, 2011 09:03PM

vivian111
Yes of course, but I think his message was aimed at those on the right-hand-path falling prey to destructive cults, which the Theosophical Society undoubtedly was.

Krishnamurti wrote: "I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect."

He was trying to renounce the esoteric dogma he was raised on, which was called by the Theosophists, "the path". The idea that he was making an appeal to "those on the right hand path" implies there ought to be some kind of significance in a path, which in the case of Krishnamurti would be in denial of historical fact and really just a subjective speculation which re-affirms the same esoteric dogma Krishnamurti rebelled against.

In my opinion, the words of JK Krishnamurti are quite uninteresting. However, the role of World Teacher given to him is relevant to Desteni because it has in fact also been assigned to members of Desteni as they "walk the process" towards their Equal Money System one-world government. It's esoteric dogma utilised to manipulate people who have already been taken in by similar ideas including channeling.

In some videos which were deleted when Desteni were banned from YouTube, Poolman specifically cited maverick Theosophist Alice A. Bailey in relation to that exact point to do with the World Teacher or Maitreya, which Bailey interprets in terms of a collective rather than an individual.

Needless to say, there is nothing new or original about the Desteni content and most of the material used to invent it is New Age mumbo jumbo, for which there is a thread at this forum, and any more of these sources like Osho, the Fourth Way, Louise Hay, Eckankar etc can also be researched in other threads here or elsewhere.

I have no idea why the Tavistock Institute should be relevant to the discussion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2011 09:08PM by Sandman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vivian111 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 03:37AM

Sandman
He was trying to renounce the esoteric dogma he was raised on, which was called by the Theosophists, "the path".

He did not renounce Theosophy ‘only’ in his speech, that is pretty clear from his speech, he renounced all forms of organized religion and belief, since it hampers spiritual growth.

Whether you agree with him or not is irrelevant, you are adding your own interpretation, which is to be found nowhere in his words. You read things into his speech, colored by your background knowledge of his life up to that point.

Sandman
The idea that he was making an appeal to "those on the right hand path" implies there ought to be some kind of significance in a path, which in the case of Krishnamurti would be in denial of historical fact and really just a subjective speculation which re-affirms the same esoteric dogma Krishnamurti rebelled against.

It doesn’t bother me if you were unable to find any value in Krishnamurti’s teachings. Each to their own. As a poster on the Rick Ross forum though, I would have thought that you had enough experience with those of the left hand path by now to know that there is no reasoning with those of the left hand path. It is the path of lies, deception, control and manipulation. His act was basically against the left hand path, and a freeing of those on the right hand path (those who were capable of being freed).

It is not necessary to get proof of the existence of the two paths in our world, proof is to be found in every direction you look. If he elaborated on the left-hand-path and right-hand-path in his speech, their existence he was well aware of, he would have once again set man against man, create division and an us and them mentality.

There is much to be learnt from Jesus’ remark “do not resist evil”. If you “fight” evil, you become that which you fight, by giving hatred for hatred.

Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: December 14, 2011 05:46AM

vivian111
He did not renounce Theosophy ‘only’ in his speech, that is pretty clear from his speech, he renounced all forms of organized religion and belief, since it hampers spiritual growth.

The speech is famous particularly because it was delivered as and when Krishnamurti removed the mantle of World Teacher placed on him by the Theosophists.

vivian111
Whether you agree with him or not is irrelevant, you are adding your own interpretation, which is to be found nowhere in his words. You read things into his speech, colored by your background knowledge of his life up to that point.

Nowhere in his words? The fact that you interpret Krishnamurti's speech as being aimed at people on "the right hand path", when the speech itself is titled, "Truth is a Pathless Land" -- meaning obviously that truth is a place where there is no path -- shows you interpret what he said according to words he never spoke and using the same dogma he was renouncing.

As I explained, the notion of a left and a right hand path is esoteric doctrine favored by the Theosophists and other occult or esoteric groups. Occult or esoteric doctrine is the same sort of bunkum Bernard Poolman uses to put together the Desteni content.

vivian111
It doesn’t bother me if you were unable to find any value in Krishnamurti’s teachings. Each to their own. As a poster on the Rick Ross forum though, I would have thought that you had enough experience with those of the left hand path by now to know that there is no reasoning with those of the left hand path. It is the path of lies, deception, control and manipulation. His act was basically against the left hand path, and a freeing of those on the right hand path (those who were capable of being freed).

It is not necessary to get proof of the existence of the two paths in our world, proof is to be found in every direction you look. If he elaborated on the left-hand-path and right-hand-path in his speech, their existence he was well aware of, he would have once again set man against man, create division and an us and them mentality.

We already know Desteni deal in lies, deception, control and manipulation. What Krishnamurti said or a speech by him interpreted as being about a path of truth (even when it is about truth being pathless) has practically nothing to do with the subject matter of this thread.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 14, 2011 06:11AM

Can't see what Krishnamurti has to do with Desteni.

Desteni is a MLM-style New Wage channeling cult, that worships Hitler and Equal Money For All...

Of course Equal Money means....give all your money to Bernard Poolman. Then its all Equal.

Its like when kids grow up.
They want Equal Money with their rich neighbors, so they bully and mug the rich kid, and steal his stuff.
That is Equal Money.

Equal Money means Bernard Poolman gets your money to buy property in his own name.
You see, its Equal, you give Poolman your money, and he spends it, does some online poker gambling, maybe a night out with the wife and/or girlfriend.
Perfect Equality.

God forbid Poolman and his gang got an actual J-O-B instead of being parasites off others money.

Desteni is a flimsy con-game, really really badly done. Its is depressing that even the terrible amateurs at these techniques like Desteni, can lure a few people in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2011 06:13AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: vivian111 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 06:51AM

I have done a bit of research this afternoon on Rick Ross, I won't be participating here anymore.

Came across some bullying, manipulative behavior and other unprofessional conduct against other cult experts and mental health professionals.

[www.apologeticsindex.org]

Have a nice day...

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 14, 2011 07:33AM

'Funny, whenever Tavistock is mentioned, the attack dogs and defamers always crawl out of their holes. '

Well, I was wondering myself why you chose to throw that reference into the ring. Tavistock Clinic and its psyche personnel is commonly rumoured in the UK to have been involved in MKUltra work, hence the brainwashing connections.

I did attend once for one session (many many years ago)--as I had combat stress and was looking for help. My instincts were honed at a very early age in my 'home' cult though--and I decided it was useless to me and sought more subtle help elsewhere.

Strange that you should pick up on that one point, VIV---and on my spelling too, a low blow!---and now I see that you have decided to bail, funny that, when you had so much to contribute here, too.

Posted by: jK7sV6kS0d ()
Date: December 14, 2011 12:50PM

This is all so unnecessary, I for one had a very hard time understanding the relevance of VivianIII
posts to Desteni. VivianIII, you certainly seemed to care, but what happened?

I came here today, because I am very upset and wanted to get some advice from you.
My friend had a big fight over Desteni with his parents, in particular his father. It was just
awful. His sibling contacted me and asked me to come over, I just couldn't. His mother
had read the Desteni forum and became so upset when she saw what was written, but particulally
my friend's posts. She was just so upset, his father got involved, then everything was
downhill from there. His mother called me and asked if I was involved as well in Desteni, I
told her that's why our friendship ended. It was very upsetting listening to her. I am so angry
at my friend right now. He has put his family aside, almost blaming them for the world's
problems. They (his parents and siblings) don't get where and how Bernard is going with
this. I tried to explain what I've learned from my friend and from RR as well what Bernard's
true intentions are.

I'm asking for your help here. I do have the opportunity to talk to my friend, but from the
past I just don't think I can make him see sense anymore. Even to have me back in his life,
he wouldn't give up Desteni, that is his life now. I have told his siblings about RR, hopefully
they will come here and get some hope. Even though I feel he is so brainwashed now, that he
may never come back.

If anyone has any suggestions of what I should and shouldn't do, please let me know.
Thanks so much for reading, no one in MY life understands this.

Posted by: jK7sV6kS0d ()
Date: December 14, 2011 01:39PM

I just wanted to clarify my statement on the previous posts before my last.
I meant that what we would like to do is expose Desteni for what it is and
that is a cult. Personally, I just don't have the time to read all the information
that is posted above, but I can tell you that I am unable to find another website
able to educate me on what is going on with Desteni. I have looked and I have
found help and hope here.
I guess that VivianIII was coming at Desteni from a different angle than myself.
But to me and others who are here, , with our family and friends
involved with Desteni, it's important to bring to the light of day the truth about
this cult, and help it's members realize that there is no such thing as an EMS, and
won't be. All their embaressing themselves and their families is in vain. We live
in this world, we work together to help out others, but not empty ourselves to
a man in South Africa, so he can take everything we have valued in our lives.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 14, 2011 04:28PM

Well, truth be heard we're all upset, evertone who comes to this board is upset in some way or another--why should they be bullied by the people they expect to come to their aid?

I'll find a nice lullaby to soothe your upsetness with:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: freespeech4tw ()
Date: December 14, 2011 04:56PM

@truthbheard

I wouldn't say that there is no hope at all for your friend to gain back his senses, there have been people leaving Desteni, either because they didn't dig the peer pressure anymore or because they just grew bored acting like a nutjob because some guy in Southafrica wants to feel powerful.
The problem I have observed talking to people entangled with Desteni is that they avoid listening whenever they can - they hardly glance over what you write, label it as 'system talk' and do not even try to consider it - plus that, they interrupt the conversation as soon as it gets to a point where they have to face the gaping holes in the Desteni-story, which is why they can live in such blissfull ignorance of the fact that they are going absolutely nowhere.

The advantage you have is that you can talk to your friend in person. He cannot 'block' you the same way he does on Youtube, he cannot send his cult-friends after you to thumb your videos down and he cannot distort the truth for an audience as easily - because there is none.
So, from one perspective, you definitely have an opportunity to really talk to him.

Of course there is the high chance that he might start feeling trapped and helpless, especially being deprived of Destibots and the 'material' to back him up, so he might react with anger and place blame on you. The problem is at this point that deep inside he knows that, when he gives up Desteni, he will be in a really bad position. After alienating his family and friends, modeling all his thoughts around a mind-concept that makes you unable to use reason and logic, wasting lots of money and not to forget opening up to Desteni as if they were his closest friends, exposing all his secrets etc., it might seem easier to him to just keep on going, hoping that he will either find that Desteni holds 'the truth' or, if not, at least continue in wilful ignorance about the fact that it doesn't.

If you chose to talk to him, I would give you the advise to inform yourself as good as you can about the flaws of Desteni and ask him questions, waiting to see his reaction when things don't 'add up' like they do online when the 'portal' injects mumbo jumbo whenever a metaphorical wall is hit in a discussion.

In any case, I am sure the family would appreciate your support greatly, no matter what the outcome might be.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.