Reiki and Pranic Healing
Posted by: sunny ()
Date: October 04, 2008 01:55AM

I've heard that Reiki is helpful for all kinds of situations and that Pranic Healing is even more effective. While I've had first hand experience with Reiki, I know very little about PH.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reiki and Pranic Healing
Posted by: blue sky ()
Date: November 07, 2008 03:37AM

I've taken Reiki classes and have given Reiki to animals and people (including myself). I've seen wonderful things happen as a result, but there have also been times when it seems to have made no difference -- especially when I was trying to help myself.

I've heard good things about PH, but have no actual experience with it.

Posted by: blue sky ()
Date: January 29, 2009 05:03AM

I'm surprised there have been no more responses to this post. I would really love to hear about people's experiences with Pranic Healing. There are so many people out there making big promises and I'm hoping it's not the case with PH.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 29, 2009 06:32AM

blue sky
I'm surprised there have been no more responses to this post. I would really love to hear about people's experiences with Pranic Healing. There are so many people out there making big promises and I'm hoping it's not the case with PH.

The threads here discuss manipulative groups, practices and individuals, not really the pros and cons of healing practices, unless in the context of covert manipulation.

Re: Reiki and Pranic Healing scam, fraud
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 29, 2009 01:00PM

I agree with what Hope said, its not so much about a type of dubious "healing" so much as how its sold to people, using deception, group dynamics, etc.

But the ugly reality about "Pranic Healing" is that it is a quick way to make huge amounts of money, that is why they all make Big Claims. They claim big results, and charge big dollars, for what? Breathing, hand-waving?

It looks like Choa Kok Sui, one of the Guru's of PH is dead, and there is a lot of criticism of it out there. Choa Kok Sui died young at age 54, and was obese and in poor health...that is a clue.
[drvasu.wordpress.com]

The counter to the sales pitches are sites like this one.

[skepdic.com]

Date: February 13, 2010 09:54PM

Hello
I have took all the levels of Reiki and now i am taking the levels of Pranic Healing. About my experience is that this tools really work when you really apply them in the proper way. Pranic Healing was the result of mor than 20 years of investigation by an ingeneer and a team of people who helped him to build a knowledge base for really understanding the behaivour of prana and the impact it has in human health.

All the issues concerning the way they charge money i am not involved with. When you are training your self for being a profesional alternative therapist it takes time and also money. I dont know why people hate to pay for a service that has a lot of effort behind it. People love to pay for medicines that do nothing to their body (and has secundary effects) they pay for staying in an ugly place with lots of noice and electromagnetic fields that doesnt help very much in the recovery speed of pacients (called hospitals) but if you offer them a sistematic way for dealing with the diverse origins of their deseases they say you are a sect or something like that.

I really encourage people here to first doccument your selfs, and also speak with people who really is practicing some technique or kind of healing befor you point the finger and shout: burn them because they are a sect!!!

Pranic Healing, Reiki and Yoga have lots of scientific studies behind it: search in google about human energetic fields and the relation they have with Reiki, Pranic Healing etc.Also in Cuba they have made serious investigations about the benefits of Yoga.

I obviously dont agree with sects and nether standard religions which brain wash you for only getting your money in interchange for your "savation" or "ilumination"...Read ancient scriptures: the relationship between teacher and student is something serious, sacred and it was part of the delivery of ancient information and sacred teachings since all times. Now money has the lights on and changes many things because many people think that only because you payed a cours of x or y thing you will be an expert the next day the course is over when the fact is that it take years to incorporate many of the info is going arround...

The only way Reiki, Pranic Healing and Yoga have helped me is by studying a lot, practicing hard on a daily basis...sorry to tell there are still no "magic tricks" for healing human suffer...it needs really hard steady work, focus, discipline, lots of devotion and lots lots lots of discerment between trash information and really nutritive one.

If any people has any doubt about Reiki, Pranic Healing or Yoga please send me a message i will be glad to send you scientific information about it, more of my experiences, succesfull results etc etc...

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 13, 2010 10:15PM

whitevioletdragon:

"Pranic Healing, Reiki and Yoga have lots of scientific studies behind it"?

"Human energetic fields"?

Please be much more specific.

What scientific study has been peer-reviewed and published by a reputable scientific or medical journal that supports your opinions and conclusions?

I don't know of any, but perhaps you can specifically cite one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.