Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Anthroposophy, a Secret Religion?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 27, 2015 01:16AM

Thanks shakti.

Things seems to be picking up.

The transition from rickross.com to culteducation.com cut back participation at the board, especially after the data loss.

Now that the data lost has been restored and search engines are increasingly going through the board there will be more people commenting.

It all takes time. But this public board has a tremendous amount of information from a vast array of people posting here for more than a decade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 10:09PM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shakti ()
Date: February 27, 2015 07:26AM

Well, keep up the great work! The stuff on this message board is definitely a game-changer for a lot of people who find it. Deeply appreciated.

Date: February 27, 2015 07:32AM

Thank you.

Posted by: LaurenRose ()
Date: February 27, 2015 01:39PM

I'm finding this discussion just now and it is amazing me. I was Waldorf schooled throughout my early years and saw a lot of contradictions, as in what we were allowed to do or not do and that the teachers put off this peaceful calm vibe during parent visits but the rest of the time they were bitchy and yelling at the students, etc.

Date: March 21, 2015 12:52AM

To whom it may concern:

C.A. Mann, PhD posting on this thread is Dr. Cathleen Mann, a licensed mental health professional with a doctorate in psychology, which includes an emphasis in forensic psychology.

Dr. Mann has been qualified and testified as an expert witness in more than a dozen states, including US Federal Court.

Dr. Mann is also a member of the Cult Education Institute Advisory Board.

See [www.culteducation.com]

I have posted this to make sure that no one thinks that somehow C.A. Mann, PhD posting on this message board is a "troll" and someone attempting to impersonate Dr. Mann.

There have been incidents of trolls, impersonators and disruptive people posting on this message board with various agendas, most often cult members and/or cult apologists trying to disrupt this board by making trouble and/or causing conflicts at threads they don't appreciate.

Dr. Mann is certainly not such a person and is instead posting here due to her professional interest in the subject of authoritarian groups and their behavior.

It is an honor to have Dr. Mann participate at this message board and whatever discussion may develop, everyone must know that the person posting as "C.A. Mann, PhD" is Dr. Cathleen Mann.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2015 02:04AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Marquis1 ()
Date: February 11, 2017 06:30AM

while i Admire this site for providing the "facts" about cults i am concerned that anyone seeking access to the spiritual worlds, and a Safe pathway, should have Access to unbiased reports. I Need to say from the Outset that yes there Are elements of Racism in Anthroposophy. But As with Virtually every spiritual path, It IS the followers that Are Often the worst, the So you believe that there IS a spiritual World?
In your Posting, the way it IS writen, Skews someone of the realities. For Example,the Statement that the determining of the temperament of a Child IS based "in Part" on physiology continues the Theme of Euthagenics, and Racism. but if one was unbiased, and had actually been in a Waldorf school, Then one would Realise a number of things: one, that the Temperaments Are Not so easy to understand, a Child having a mix of them all, and thus the Teacher IS obliged to be VERY careful (if they Are a good teacher) in making any premature assessments. in many many Waldorf schools, Particularly in NewZealand, Maori ( indiginous, dark skinnend,) children Do well. They Are Often the only schools ( there Are some Full Maori schools, But in the larger National educational system, i mean) to have a dedicated Maori Teacher, and Often the only Schools, where Maori IS a set Part of the curriculum for all the children. So lets look at the facts of the great uptake of Anthroposophy in the schools and biodynamic Farming from India through to Thailand and China.if it was today so racist Sect like and People so naive, Then i think These governments would stop it. Anthroposophy IS Open, and on the Internet. Nothing IS Hidden. Heck, you Can download all the class Lessings for the Esoteric School! I am an Anthroposophist, i Do think it's easy to see,and Judge the system As a sect.but this has much to Do with the attitudes of Those within the society who believe every Word from Steiners lips was the only truth, and Must be slavishly,and blindly followed.something Steiner himself was constantly advising against. The question of bias Can be directed Both ways,at Those attacking, and Those Defending.thank you

Why are Steiner Schools so Controversial? - BBC News 2014
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 12, 2017 12:46AM

Why are Steiner Schools so Controversial?

[www.bbc.com]

Found this item by putting this into the Google search slot:

"bullying" waldorf Schools

[www.google.com]

[sites.google.com]

This website is run by PeterK. His profile states:

California, United States
Former Waldorf Parent - Studied Anthroposophy 10 years in earnest, 18 years altogether - now Waldorf critic and whistle blowew

[thewaldorfreview.blogspot.com]

Steiner, Faculty Meetings on pdf via Steiner archives.

[digitalseance.files.wordpress.com]

[sites.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 12:49AM by corboy.

Date: February 27, 2018 01:01AM

THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE
Superstition and Pseudoscience in Steiner Schools
Alex Lewis
Lecture to the Ethical Society, 21 April 2013

[conwayhall.org.uk]

There are about 33 Steiner Schools in the UK (known internationally as Waldorf
Schools) and we know from Freedom of Information requests that there are about
13 applications for new publicly funded schools. Their web sites are very
consistent in describing their progressive, child-centred education with an
emphasis on creativity and nature. But these descriptions are no more than clichés
and do not begin to describe what the Steiner educational philosophy really is.
It is my worry that prospective parents will find these new Free Schools very
alluring; places of sanctuary away from the perceived exam mark hothousing of
mainstream schools and their apparent impersonality and chaos. Steiner Schools
are seen as places of safety, of gentleness and of spirituality. But, inside these
schools are supernatural ideas, goals and techniques that are not disclosed
upfront. So, how should we understand Steiner Schools?

At the end of the article, the author describes an encounter he had
with a satisfied graduate of the Waldorf schools.

At the heart of the school is a contradiction between the alluring and gentle
promises of a child-centred education and the superstitious worldview that
underpins its approaches. After one talk I gave on the subject, a young woman
stood up and said, “I am very disappointed in your talk and attitude to Steiner
Schools. I come from an Anthroposophical family. My mother and father were
Anthroposophists and wrote books on the subject. I went to a Steiner School and
had a wonderful time. My sister did die though because she believed in
homeopathy”.
How that contradiction can be untangled I have no idea.
Ethical Record, June 2013

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2018 01:10AM by corboy.

Date: September 19, 2018 11:28PM

If anyone wants a perspective on Anthroposophical Steinerian food doctrine, this might be worth a peek.

[angry-chef.com]

[www.theguardian.com]

In the article there are 5 food myths. This is a great one.

Home-cooked food is always best

It’s linked to wanting women to get back into the kitchen: “Natural home-cooked meals are the only way to be healthy … Things were better before women went to work.” Underlying the demonisation of convenience food, there is a lot of misogyny. “Things were better in our grandmother’s day” – were they?

Some perspective: traditional societies growing their own food have had food poisoning.

For decades, possibly centuries, people died in large numbers from Balkan Endemic Nephropathy (BEN) also known as Danubian Endemic Familial Nephropathy.

[www.newyorker.com]

[www.google.com]

and

[www.google.com]

This was caused by ingestion of toxins from a particular weed that grew intermingled with pasture grasses.

This could not have been prevented or cured by quaffing of bone broth or by burying quartz and dung filled cowhorns in fields.

Waldorf Steiner School - worst chickenpox outbreak in decades
Date: November 19, 2018 10:46PM

Anti-vaccination stronghold in N.C. hit with state’s worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades

[www.washingtonpost.com]

More, here:

[www.google.com]

And here.

[www.google.com]

Judge sides with Buncombe health officials in chicken pox case

[wlos.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2018 12:33AM by corboy.

Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.