Caroline Myss
Posted by: dr. thomas ()
Date: August 20, 2008 09:57AM

I hate to have to bring this up here because I enjoy this authors topics and I know she is much loved by many people. However, after reading an interview with her she is obviously not getting the message. Her CD set, Entering The Castle, and now, Channeling Grace, is filled with examples of psychic abuse. She uses meditation to lead people into an altered state of consciusness and then, rather than let them have their experience, she berates and criticises them. Having experienced this for myself, criticism in that state of mind cuts right to the core and leaves one feeling punched in the head emotionally. Doesn't she get that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Caroline Myss
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: August 25, 2008 08:06PM

I agree that Myss can be very abusive. In addition, she has promoted Sai Baba, who has been accused of molesting young boys and also has been caught using sleight of hand for his "materializations".

One look at Myss's website says a lot. There's a page, "Caroline's Shop", which contains A LOT of items for sale, including workshops and trips, e.g. "Travel to the Holy Land."

Ka-ching!

It doesn't surprise me at all that Caroline is now published by Hay House. There's a discussion on Hay House here:

[[url=http://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?3,25144,25144#msg-25144]The Hay House Empire[/url]]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2008 08:13PM by helpme2times.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 25, 2008 09:39PM

[www.sai-fi.net]

[web.archive.org]

Media Advisory

UNESCO WITHDRAWS FROM CONFERENCE

Paris, September 15 - UNESCO has decided it will no longer sponsor nor take part in a conference it had been due to co-organize with the Institute of Sathya Sai Education (ISSE, Thailand) and The Flinders University Institute of International Education (Australia), in Puttaparthi, India, from September 25 to 29. The decision means UNESCO is no longer associated in any way through sponsorship, organization or participation of any kind with the conference on Strengthening Values Education: Innovative Approaches to Teacher Education for Peace and International Understanding.

UNESCO s withdrawal was prompted by several factors. Certain decisions were taken by the ISSE without consultation, such as plans to hold some of the sessions at the Ashram of the Sathya Sai movement in Puttaparthi, and the inclusion of some speakers in the conference programme without their previous consent. Furthermore, the Organization is deeply concerned about widely-reported allegations of sexual abuse involving youths and children that have been levelled at the leader of the movement in question, Sathya Sai Baba. Whilst it is not for UNESCO to pronounce itself in this regard, the Organization restates its firm moral and practical commitment to combating the sexual exploitation of children, in application of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, which requires States to protect children from all forms of sexual exploitation and violence.

[saibaba-invigilator.blogspot.com]

Posted by: mysticjaw ()
Date: August 31, 2008 04:45PM

Carolyn Myss is like most of the rest of the "new age" crowd and is promoting hype not fact. Although some of her stuff is religious based, I have thronw out all of her books as they are less scientifically based and use unsound psychological practices. Meditation is a powerful tool for insight and developing self awareness, but the person teaching you has to respect your own growth and be aware that they are putting you in a highly sugestible state of conciousness. If Myss is berating people for not "experiencing" what she wants you to experience, then she is not only being unethical, but manipulative!

In retrospect, her works are not well researched and put together, lack definitive substance and rational thought.

She is like Dr John Gray, a poser, even though she has a legitimate doctorate. I think she has dismissed rational though and critical thinking and has gone off the deep end like so many others!

Date: November 09, 2009 12:29AM

Information about Findhorn, Myss and Satya Sai Baba can be found at this website.

[www.kevinrdshepherd.net]

and (long and quite a fascinating read, with many informative photographs)

[www.kevinrdshepherd.info]

Thanks to Mr Shepherd's website, though I disagree with him about some matters, I am deeply grateful for his mentioning the scholarly detective work of Dr Barbara Warren.

Dr Warren traced the history of two Indian spiritual celebrities--Shirdi Sai Baba, a deceased Muslim Sufi saint who led a clean and honorable life and the grotesque Satya Sai Baba, who claimed to be Shirdi's reincarnation . Unlike Qalandar Shirdi, SSB turned himself into a money machine, and bore in both appearance and lifestyle, an eerie resemblance to Michael Jackson, only in Bollywood grotesque form and without Jackson's artistic talent. And unlike Jackson, SSB escaped social and legal consequences for his misdeeds.

For an article about Warren's findings and her book read here:

[www.saibaba-x.org.uk]

Date: November 09, 2009 11:46PM

Additional link for a further discussion

[www.saibaba-x.org.uk]

[www.saibaba-x.org.uk]

One can, for fun, just put myss and sai baba into the slot on Google and get a current update.

[www.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2009 12:01AM by corboy.

Date: November 09, 2009 11:56PM

Expose of Satya Sai Baba (the one with the weird hairdo who lives in bloated luxury)

Political Bedfellows of Satya Sai Baba

[home.kpn.nl]

MENU - SAI DECEPTIONS
FRAUD, LEGERDEMAIN, RUMOUR-SPREADING AND LIES BY SATHYA SAI BABA

[www.saibaba-x.org.uk]

Homepage

[www.saibaba-x.org.uk]

BBC Documentary 'The Secret Swami'

[www.kpn.com]

and

[home.kpn.nl]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.