CULT IN THE HIGH DESERT ?
Posted by: seymour ()
Date: August 13, 2008 05:36AM

I remember that when I was at Set Free they sent me to do some work at a place in between Phelen and Palmdale out in the middle of the desert. This place was a commune and a food ministry. They had living accommodations, a school, farm and a large cafeteria. I remember the leader to be an elderly lady. I was supposed to stay there for a week but after the leader told me God had told her I was supposed to stay with them I told Set Free I would not spend one night there. I cant say for sure that this group is a cult but I did see some warning signs. This place freaked me out. Maybee I over reacted but when I see a group with a leader out in the middle of the desert cut off from the outside world it makes me wonder. Plus they asked me to pray with them, when this happened they all started praying in tongues and I did not understand a word nor did any one there translate a thing to me. The leader while I was there was meeting with some other leaders from different religious groups. I posted this to find out about this group and to see if anyone has direct knowledge or has been or is a part of this group. I believe the name of this place is Summerhaven. I don't think they have any contact info. They are pretty secluded.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.