Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
JEHOVA WITNESS CULT
Posted by: omondi ()
Date: August 08, 2008 04:49PM

hi everyone. my friend is in jehova witness cult and i want to have ifnormation to make him come out and go back to the good church. but there is no discussion on this forum about jehova witness. you dont think it is a cult? it is a very big cult here in kenya and they give the magazines and even they have wazungu (white people) preaching for the cult and they come to the house to tell you about the cult. now my friend is brainwashe to join them and i want for him to come from there. do you know the best way to get him out of jehova witness?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JEHOVA WITNESS CULT
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 08, 2008 09:11PM

omondi:

See [www.culteducation.com]

This is the Jehovah's Witnesses subsection within the archives at this site.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This is the links section regarding Jehovah's Witnesses.

You need to learn to use the site.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Please don't spam the board with questions about topics you don't understand.

Instead read the thread first and then only post questions no already answered by the information on the thread or through the archives.

Date: August 09, 2008 06:15PM

thank you modrattor for that informatoin. yes i need to use the site more. it is not easy for me to get internet and i type slowly on keyboard because i am not used to computers but i will try to read all the infromation you have shown me. i mainly wanted advice for how to get my friend to see the truth and to not be part of teh cult so if someone has good advice please tell me. thank you.

Date: August 12, 2008 06:07PM

thank you modrator for the informations on jehova witness. i read the articles and i very much like the way that it is put in a simple way for peopel to know about jehova witness. here is what i like from articles:
A Witness will tell you that:

* Christ died on an upright stake (pole), not a cross
* Christ was raised from the dead as an immortal spirit person
* The earth will never be destroyed or depopulated
* Prayers are to be directed only to Jehovah through Christ
* Only Israel was meant to observe the Sabbath
* Satan is the invisible ruler of the world
* Heaven is limited only to 144,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses
* There is no Hell
* Salvation is by good works
* You cannot be sure of salvation
* All pastors are the Antichrist
* All churches and governments are of satan
* You cannot take a blood transfusion
* You cannot be a police officer or serve in the military
* You cannot salute the flag, stand for the national anthem, or own a flag
* Jesus’ second coming occurred in 1914
* You cannot run for political office or vote
* You are discouraged from giving to charity (except Watchtower causes)
* You cannot accept Christmas gifts
* Only Jehovah’s Witnesses can understand the Bible
* Angels direct the Watchtower organisation

this is clear that it is not a christian church but very different to christian church. i will give this information to my friend who is in the cult and try to show him that it is not a christian chruch but a cult

Date: August 17, 2008 06:57PM

i show the information to my friend who is in jehova witness cult but he does not listen to me when i tell him it is a cult. even i showed him the list of things of jehova witness but he told me that teh bible is changed nowadays and that you have to have the good translations of the bible and that the name of jehova is taken away in my bible. it is very hard to talk with him and he say that he cant talk with me if i am against jehova witness but i dont know how to help. can somebody give me good advise about helping him to come from the cult to become a good christian and not to follow the cult and be brainwashed? i need help to change him please.

Posted by: solea13 ()
Date: August 17, 2008 11:32PM

Hi Omondi.

I am not a Jehova's Witness but I was in a cult for ten years so I can share my experience to help you understand your friend.

Although cults are different in the things they believe, they are often alike in the ways they influence people to believe and stay in the group.

I know that it must be very hard for you to see your friend in a group that seems to be controlling him and making him into almost a 'different person' that you don't recognize.

But you probably will not help him by trying to tell him aggressively that he is in a cult or trying to make him into a 'good christian'. This just means you are trying to make him believe in the same way that you do. You might gently suggest that you have some concerns about the group. You could ask him to research with you to help you understand his new beliefs, but be very gentle and very careful.

In the beginning, when I joined my cult, if people questioned me too much or told me I was in a cult I would have cut them out of my life immediately and completely. It is at the beginning that people 'fall in love' with their group and they think it is fantastic - that it is the best thing they could ever imagine happening to them.

It is only later, when the 'honeymoon' wears off that the cult member must keep pushing the seed of doubt from their mind. The group that was once wonderful may become controlling, even abusive. The person may become quite unhappy, but they must keep pretending that everything is good.

Cult members are usually taught that people on the 'outside' are no good. You can be the one to prove them wrong.
You don't need to agree with his beliefs (in fact don't do that), but it is okay to listen and respectfully ask questions. Later he might think about those questions in private. Gentle questioning may help to sow the seeds of doubt in his mind.

Just be a good christian yourself. Love him. Let him know that you care about him and that you always will. Make sure he knows that your door is always open if he needs to talk about how he is feeling. Remind him of good, fun times you shared together as friends. Make him laugh and remember who he really is.

All of this can take a lot of time. It took me ten years to realize that I was being mind-controlled. You may have to accept, at least for a while that your friend is now a Jehova's Witness.

Finally I would recomend that you learn as much as posible from this board and from books about cults and mind control if you can. Not only to help this one friend but also to help yourself, your family and all your friends so that none of you will ever be controlled by a group or cult in the future.

I hope this helps.

Posted by: SuzyQ ()
Date: August 25, 2008 05:48PM

Educating people about cults and their methods is the only way to get someone out. Unfortunately, not many people involved in these groups are all that interested in educating themselves when it means giving up the fantasy. The possibility of Eternal Life on a Paradise Earth is so much more appealing than the harsh reality of You Live, You Die.

Don't wait around until your friend's brain has been turned to mush. Talk to your friend about what you're finding out at every opportunity.

Good luck!

Sue

Date: August 25, 2008 10:18PM

Dear Omondi,

While I wouldn't want to discourage you from assisting your friend, a number of the "problems" you list in relation to the Jehovah's Witnesses are IMO simply "beliefs", eg:

* Christ died on an upright stake (pole), not a cross
* Christ was raised from the dead as an immortal spirit person
* The earth will never be destroyed or depopulated
* Prayers are to be directed only to Jehovah through Christ
* Only Israel was meant to observe the Sabbath
* Satan is the invisible ruler of the world
* Heaven is limited only to 144,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses
* There is no Hell
* Salvation is by good works
* You cannot be sure of salvation
* All pastors are the Antichrist
* All churches and governments are of satan

and although I or you, may not hold to them, and even where they may appear in contradiction to the scriptural tradition that we may hold dear, I think you would be skating on "thin" ice to dispute them per se...they may well be no "better or worse" than your or my beliefs. They are not the "reasons" that I would actually base any preference of mine on, for a particular individual to leave the "Jehovah's Witnesses" (or the "Mormons".....or the "JesusChristians"...or what have you...!)

I think that many of the manipulative cultic relationships on this site, WHERE they lend themselves to the abrogation of fundamental human rights (Freedoms of Speech, Movement, Association....the expectation of natural justice, equality before the law and due process within any organizational structure....the practises of Fraud, Larceny or Abduction in order to be able to access the personal wealth or unpaid labour of any individual for the purposes of gain, or for any nature of sexual abuse or advantage, by way of example) are those "cults" that would lend themselves to merit our unstinting attention. You may want to clarify for yourself exactly what "rights" your friend in the Jehovah's Witnesses is being denied, rather that challenge whatever "theology" of theirs, that you are in dispute with them over.....

Date: August 26, 2008 05:06PM

it is good advice that you give me on this page about the jehova witness. i will try to love my friend and not to talk about the bad teachigns but it is hard and if he talk to me about jesus i have to answer the way i know how to answer. and i dont agree with the teaching of jehovah witness and that is why it is a cult for me and also the way it controls people but you cant say the teaching is good becuase it is also the teaching that controls them. i dont know of everything that malcolm write about human rights but i can try to reseach it and look for what rights my friend is denied in the jehova cult.
i have to acept that my friend is now jehova witness but i dont want him to try to brainwash me to believe the same of jehovah witness and the beliefs i paste on this page are from even article on this forum so it must be true it is not just me who say it is like that.
thank you to all who are helping me to get my friend from teh cult i will try to tell you any news but i have not seen him for some time now and it is dificult he sometimes does not talk to me but we can see if it can get some news about it. thank you

Posted by: Freidenker ()
Date: September 13, 2008 12:37PM

It is rather unfortunate, but my experiences with members of the JW organisation have not been very positive at all -- in fact, far from it!

When I was 16yo, my stepfather had a very brief relationship with a JW. He was so excited about her that he even thought of marrying her! Well that had not lasted very long. A fortnight later, she was almost quite literally dumped onto the road! She was worse than the deadest deadbeats!

Now I am living next to an elderly Chinese landlady (86yo) and she has absolutly NO sense of humour, never any nice thoughts, ALWAYS habitually complaining, and in general a very negative person! (I must say that I am simply astounded that she in the nearly half decade period I have been renting this room from her, that not once has she tried to proselitise me! However, one of her JW "sisters" had made such an attempt).

I consider myself now basicaly to be an atheist, a secularist, a freethinker, (my very username "Freidenker" is German for free thinker). I had been many years ago suckered into a cult from Japan, the Sokagakkai, a Nichiren Sect (which has been extensively addressed on this website).

More recently, as it started out on a good footing, the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC has changed in the 28 year period that I have been affiliated with it, and I am soon going to close out my membership with that organisation. (As what they teach is fine -- except for all this "Cosmic Consciousness" stuff -- there has been way too much administrative infighting and power grabing).

But the Jehovah Witness organisation? No, I have heard nothing but negative stuff in regard to them, please take my advice, best to stay clear of them altogether!

Attachments: R+C Egyptian Museum.JPG (88.6 KB)  
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.