Larry Yarber Group info?
Posted by: missing_mom ()
Date: August 08, 2008 09:38AM

Does anyone have any information on status of the Larry Yarber group? They began in Southern WI and last I knew had moved to Colorado with remaining members at least 10-15 years ago. Last I heard, (years ago) the number of members was beginning to dwindle.
My sister and I were born into this group, but left as very young children with our Father. My mother chose to stay, and later married Larry Yarber. I have not seen her in 23+ years.
I would just like any information anyone has. Particularly if you know how to reach Jo Ann (my Mom).

Rick Ross-
My Dad told me years ago that you had worked with some family or ex-members of this group and you had a particular dislike for Larry, understandable since he is a horrible, heartless, evil piece of crap-- but if you have heard anything, or can give me any information, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks-

Re: Larry Yarber Group info?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 08, 2008 09:06PM

missing_mom:

Sorry, but I have not heard anything in many years.

The group did have a Web site up a few years back, but it seems to be down now.

The last I heard they were in Colorado.

All the best to you and your dad.

Posted by: plcsopris ()
Date: April 21, 2009 05:53AM

Hey I think I know you. In fact I am sure I do. I was there too. I saw your mom about 5 years ago. If you are still on here write me. I will update you on what I know. I see Adam more often than them.
Peace-Crystal

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: February 22, 2010 02:10AM

Your mother just left here yesterday on a sail boat with Larry Yarber, his "brother" Gary, Gary's "wife" and a young 25ish year old girl, Katherine. They stayed here at a marina in Exuma, Bahamas for a few weeks. After a few conversations with the group we quickly realized that things were not right with them and suspected a cult right away. When asked if she had children, Joanne responded, "Two daughters." When asked where they were she responded, "In Wisconsin, hating me."
They reside in Rifle, CO.
I confronted Larry Yarber with what I found out about him and needless to say he was not a happy camper. I have been trying to find as much info on him as possible.
I told Joanne that I was notifying you of her whereabouts, but he would not let her respond or communicate with me. I think she wanted to.
Good luck!

Posted by: Welderman ()
Date: September 26, 2018 10:46AM

I was in my early 20s when I was introduced to Larry’s group in Colorado. 2001 or 02..
I sat manny times in his circle and listen to him talk. I was young and dumb. He sounded wise. He also sounded like he wanted to drive a wedge betweeen you and your real family. The people in the group follow and believe that he is a profit. Maybe he is but he has a lot of angry husbands after him and a lot of devorced women in his group. I’m trying to be unbiase and just state the facts of what I have seen.
If you want to contact them they are in Custer MI.
Let me know if you have any more questions

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 26, 2018 09:49PM

Some info here:

[voat.co]

"larry yarber" racine

[www.google.com]

Slightly different results here

Google "larry yarber" racine cult

[www.google.com]

Posted by: MsSpeed ()
Date: October 28, 2020 05:05AM

Did you find your mother? I don’t live far from them. I happened to receive a rambling cult letter from Larry Yarborough today and decided to look him up on the internet. I came across this post.

Posted by: MsSpeed ()
Date: October 28, 2020 05:06AM

Did you find your mother? I don’t live far from them. I happened to receive a rambling cult letter from Larry Yarber today and decided to look him up on the internet. I came across this post.

Posted by: missing_mom ()
Date: January 28, 2022 10:16AM

Ms Speed,
I did find her, for awhile, many years ago.
Where are they located now?
Thank you,
Brianna

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.