Current Page: 30 of 197
Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: Emma C ()
Date: May 09, 2009 07:16PM

An amusing comment from the 'Diamond Way Cult' blog:

Ole can switch on rainbows on the sky after each Phowa. There are tens thousands who have seen that in all the world.
What can you, boy?

There are thousands ex-heroinists, who became "ex" with Ole's help only.
What have made you, boy?

Continue to continue your silly blog.

Apart from the poor English, I couldn't stop laughing at how silly the 'switching rainbows on in the sky' bit is. The sad bit is that as a former, I can tell you that they really do beleive this rubbish!
How 'convenient' it has never been caught on camera!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bkalnoky ()
Date: May 09, 2009 10:33PM

A while a go there was a rare critical interview with Ole on his book about love and relationships, published on a hungarian news portal. The journalist politely questioned wether Oles advice was ineed helpful, wether his book was not full of contradictions, and she asked about his numerous sexual relationships. A very good piece --- I wish I had the patience to translate it.

But the real sccop came in the form of a "letter to the editor" by Ole himself. In the vilest fashion, he went for the jugular vein and attempted to destroy the journalists' reputation, and indeed social reputation. Very nasty.

The salient part goes as follows: The female journalist, Ole alleges without any proof, "was suffering from big emotional problems, and although she was attractive, she was sufferung from anorexia and was not at all able to understand things that are removed from personal matters." Ole in his letter does not make a single remark or denial about anything in the actual interview - he only says it showed him in a bad light.

He demanded that his letter be published -- it was. With a somewhat sracastic comment from the editors. For the original, see the link above.

Ole's Interview and letter / Hungarian!

Date: May 12, 2009 06:46PM

Very interesting article, and shows that the attacking and smearing of critics comes right from the top!
The 'only some bad eggs do that' argument from Diamond Way cult members has been well and truly disproven!

Posted by: suenam ()
Date: May 14, 2009 01:38PM

bkalnoky
The female journalist, Ole alleges without any proof, "was suffering from big emotional problems, and although she was attractive, she was sufferung from anorexia and was not at all able to understand things that are removed from personal matters."

- interesting strategy from Ole - he is the one who conflates personal matters with the real issues (which incidentally seem to get overlooked in his letter), while accusing her of doing this!

- Ole's opinion concerning the journalist's attractiveness seems better kept to himself - lack of focus? disappointment he couldn't seduce her? or maybe he thinks she would be ok to look at but shouldn't have an opinion? - make your own minds up about this one!

the letter starts, "English friends say that the Article reporter is extremely unpleasant to work with and she painted a certain picture of me." (excuse my poor Hungarian translation skills)

- the article did not paraphrase, but is in fact direct quotes from Ole, so any picture painted is in fact by himself.

- the proof is clear - it is the opinion of English friends - unable to form his own opinion, Ole has relied upon the incorrect speech of others (from another country).

- as far as i can see, the only fault here is that she didn't seem to share Ole's point of view - is this a mature way to deal with people who do not share your opinion? - Ole blames her for misrepresenting him even though she quotes him directly, and then he gets personal!

has he really so deluded himself to think that the majority of modern working women are going to be tolerant of his views, which border on polygamy, and that he can then overcome this with his dazzling charisma? this beggars belief!

Posted by: suenam ()
Date: May 14, 2009 01:44PM

on a much lighter note, here is a website i found, made by one of Ole's fans, which seems to promote the mistaken belief that "The Matrix" is in some ways a Buddhist film!

[www.helsinki.fi]

i did wonder, as the "buddhism" he refers to is in fact Ole Nydahlism - whether there might be some closer parallel between the film and DWB?
Either way, it's yet another precept broken to misalign the Buddha's teachings in such a disorted way.

Posted by: ~*~ k a t e ~*~ ()
Date: May 17, 2009 08:36PM

Dear friends,
How could anybody consider this racist and right-wing extremist as a "buddhist"? Anyway Ole, nice plaything (HK416 ?), but posing alone won't do it:

[www.heckler-koch.de]

Ole with HK
[3.bp.blogspot.com]

Better get a bullet proof vest Ole ;-)

Posted by: Outsider ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:29AM

[www.youtube.com] Your Potential - by Lama Ole Nydahl

Every time I hear him talk all I hear are riddles, muddled English and this type of rubbish, it pains me, really it does that people can be so attracted to such nonsense in the name of funding a sweet life for a small group of elitist Tibetans, a Danish right wing simpleton and his associated Eastern European con artists who seduce vulnerabl women with their Eastern Wisdom, take their money and when their bored, dump them in what can be a shattered world where they have foregone their past relationships for the misguided path to enlightenment the DW (Way)

Date: May 21, 2009 03:42AM

He does indeed speak in riddles! That is his way of avoiding awkward questions, too! His followers seem to mimic this when the awkward questions are asked too. Brainwashing and programming at it's finest!

I have found a rather amusing blog created by a follower of Ole Nydahl and member of his Diamond Way cult that aims to "set the mindless slander straight" against the Diamond Way cult blog, but simply ends up just making the whole thing look more and more like the cult it is!

This also makes for interesting reading - especially the last post where the Ole Nydahl cult follower refuses to acknowledge that Ole Nydahl is sexually abusing his female followers, trying his best to make the abuse look acceptable:

[www.facebook.com]

I also agree totally with your opinion of the "108 club"!

Date: May 22, 2009 04:29PM

[leifnoerholm.wordpress.com]

This is a rather interesting blog from Denmark. Here is a quote (translated to English):

The self-Tibetan "Lama" Ole Nydahl is a racist and homophobe and a fairly dangerous man for the Muslims in Denmark.
He is behind the Ole Nydahl new religious quasi-Buddhist Movement, 'Diamond Way Buddhism', and it's perverse universe.

I have also found many Danish websites stating Ole Nydahl's links to right-wing extremist political parties in that country. This quote from another site stood out:

The self-appointed' spitting lama 'Ole Nydahl and his pseudo-Buddhist sect.

Date: May 26, 2009 02:49AM

P.S. The stupid prank calls have stopped since I got a new number, but the the e-mails seem to be starting again! *sigh*

Current Page: 30 of 197

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.