Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: Anita 2 ()
Date: June 16, 2022 01:09AM

Micaela Riepe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To make two things clear: Never once was a single
> post of mine deleted on the Rick Ross forum.
> Everything is still there, but under a strange
> moniker. Rather, I assume this site was hacked by
> Nydahl's gifted students. I find it remarkable the
> energy with which most of it was saved.
>
> Secondly, I have been pushing my legal issues
> throughout therapy. After I was prohibited from
> making certain statements by a court order, I
> published the injunction in full on my blog.
> There, of course, the prohibited statements were
> recorded. This and Weber's insinuation - he always
> acted on Nydahl's instructions -, that I published
> my blog under different country abbreviations,
> even though Google did so, led to a sentence of
> two hundred EU administrative fines, or two days
> in prison. I had to laugh secretly, because in the
> open letter to Nydahl I had bet that I would go to
> prison before him. The whole thing was a game.
> Nevertheless, I went to the next higher instance,
> the Higher Regional Court, and was proved right on
> all points.
> What else is bothering you, Anita, is a mystery to
> me. Especially your analysis of my mental state
> and how it got there.
>
> Let us finish this dialogue here.

Micaela, If my post in any way insulted you or you feel that it was invasive of your privacy, then please request from the Moderator to have it deleted. Apologies once again if it was the case. On my side I can no longer edit it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anita 2 ()
Date: June 16, 2022 01:26AM

Micaela Riepe Wrote:
> To make two things clear: Never once was a single
> post of mine deleted on the Rick Ross forum.
> Everything is still there, but under a strange
> moniker. Rather, I assume this site was hacked by
> Nydahl's gifted students. I find it remarkable the
> energy with which most of it was saved.
>
> Secondly, I have been pushing my legal issues
> throughout therapy. After I was prohibited from
> making certain statements by a court order, I
> published the injunction in full on my blog.
> There, of course, the prohibited statements were
> recorded. This and Weber's insinuation - he always
> acted on Nydahl's instructions -, that I published
> my blog under different country abbreviations,
> even though Google did so, led to a sentence of
> two hundred EU administrative fines, or two days
> in prison. I had to laugh secretly, because in the
> open letter to Nydahl I had bet that I would go to
> prison before him. The whole thing was a game.
> Nevertheless, I went to the next higher instance,
> the Higher Regional Court, and was proved right on
> all points.
> What else is bothering you, Anita, is a mystery to
> me. Especially your analysis of my mental state
> and how it got there.
>
> Let us finish this dialogue here.

Micaela, My understanding of your posts is that we are talking about two cases here.

The first was a personal injury case. This case didn’t go through. They nipped it in the bud. You didn’t get a compensation for psychological injury.

The second case was about your blog. They won in the first instance and took your blog down. You appealed the verdict and in the second instance you won. You received an injunction and you republished your blog on Rick Ross Forum. Since now you have an injunction, they no longer take your posts down.

I do think that you are very brave and strong. You were open about what happened and what you had gone through.

You took the bull by the horns. Congratulations. You have found your enlightenment.

Posted by: Kawa Lhundrub ()
Date: June 17, 2022 07:15PM

A small update on the status of Ole Nydahl. According to my sources, Ole Nydahl's Alzheimer's progressed further in comparison to the last year and it seems that this year will likely be his last year appearing in public. For example he has been displaying a repetitive behavior, where he sits on the podium and claps his hands for some 10-15 minutes. As a result of this the online streamings with his "lectures" are increasingly cancelled and for most events as of late Ole can be only seen in person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2022 07:17PM by Kawa Lhundrub.

Posted by: nuldiamondway ()
Date: June 18, 2022 12:42PM

Lhundrub, thank you for this update. Hopefully the people around him will take more care of protecting his dignity and allow him to rest and be cared for.

Continuing to prop him up for an audience is shameful. Those who are doing it should be embarrassed of themselves and those who watch and create a demand for this should be even more embarrassed.

Posted by: Mary Lou ()
Date: June 19, 2022 10:43PM

I'm sorry to say but people around Ole Nydahl don't give a monkey about him. I watched the last lecture from EC with Jigme Rinpoche and Ole didn't even get comfortable sit. I actually felt sorry for him, he could barely sit and we know that he has a back problems. He was talking to himself, his eyes were wandering somewhere else. Terrible to watch.
Previously I was watching lecture with Ole.
He was reading 16 Karmapa Guru Yoga, he was misspelling words, losing the plot. After he finished to read the whole Guru Yoga he was looking at the cover and then he was starting the whole thing again. I think he read The whole Guru Yoga about four times. There was a moment when he was making some strange faces for a couple of seconds and cameraman pointed the camera at the DW mob.
It was painful to watch.

I remember many years ago he was loosing the plot and people started to leave the lecture.
Let someone stop it please.
It's terrible.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 20, 2022 12:14AM

A leader's senectitude and powerlessness along with money and fame being out the worst in disciples.

Tim Ward, practiced as a Theravadan monastic in a Thai monastery founded by the celebrated and world famous Ajaan Cha.

In his memoir What the Buddha Never Taught, Ward gives a searing description of this honorable and honest teacher after he'd been left speechless and bedridden by a stroke.

The monks refused to let their old master live and die in peace

Ajaan Chaa brought fame money and merit seeking gawkers to the monastery, so his monks wheeled him around in public, to keep the money machine humming.

Info on What the Buddha Never Taught here:

[shop.collectedworksbookstore.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2022 12:16AM by corboy.

Date: February 18, 2023 10:23PM

Two new youtube videos.

Why Ole Nydahl's Diamond Way group is a cult [www.youtube.com]

A selection of problematic Ole Nydahl quotes [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 18, 2023 09:02PM

Hi Everyone,

it took me months on end to finally dare to write here. I was in the group fairly active for about 6 years and left recently, so I'm an 'enemy' so to speak. Now some trolls can get very busy ...

I'm not going to write down my story because than it would be easy to guess who I am exactly. I know that's not very helpful but I have to protect myself.

I listen to podcasts a lot, specially to Steven Hassan or Leah Remini and Mike Rinder, to Sensibly Speaking or to John Atack (all of which I can highly recommend) and it accured to me that although they are talking about scientology, many factors are true for DW, too. It would be interesting to know whether Nydahl ever studied the methods of scientology. For example in dw they often tell you that your unfortunate life situation (like when something bad happened to you) is just the result of your bad karma, you should suck it up and it is basically happening to you because u did that exact thing to someone else. The talk of karmic connections is written in capital letters in dw. As I found out, so it is in scientology. Also, getting sick is some karmic result, often cited by dw, as in scientology.

We will probably never find out the truth about Nydahl or his sex addiction as he has gone insane in the last few years. I have personally witnessed it a couple of years ago. What one of you has written about the clapping like a small child is a standard procedure nowdays.

Another aspekt I wanted to write about is that in general, dw is not dangerous ( apart from sucking your money out of your pockets) as long as your not one of the living in members in one of their so called centers. In the centre they do control member's lives, who they talk to, what they read, eat and they also have to work without being paid ( that's what they call charity I guess ... ) as well as charging living-in members for their rooms, food and laundry expenses. Not a lot but still. They have to pay to be able to live there and work for FREE for dw. They mostly don't want you to work full-time so you depend financially on the group after a while. You start to belive that you won't be able to make it outside. That that's all there is. What is that if not a cult?? They have weekly meatings, one for the whole sangha and one for just the house. They slag eachother off and courtmarshall for doing things which you are not supposed to do in dw.Very cultish, if you ask me. They also have their T-shirts on sale in which they parade at 'courses'and in their centers, some wear them privatly as well. By buying those you can enable dw projects all over the world, even some that never come to fruition. What then happens to the money, I ask? One of those t-shirts say: freedom of speech. If I look at what they did to people who dared to speak up against them, I get sick. Freedom of speech for whom??? Just for dw?? If you ask any intimidating questions about Nydahl they relatively quickly shut you up and tell you to leave. Or tell you some tale about how he is protecting them with his super powers and how he is enlightened. (whatever that means in their eyes...sleeping with as many women as possible in a lifetime?)

I don't want to write so much about the group though, much more I'd discovered that it would be good for former survivors to be able to talk to each other.I think nobody wrote about that here till now. I might be wrong as I didn't read all the 184 pages through. I think there is nowhere really to turn to, here in Germany, cult survivors are quite a new phenomenon. I don't even know if I could explain what happened to me to a therapist. I just wanted to say that people like Tenzin Peljor are few and nobody listens to them. (unfortunately)

I also know that it is very hard to speak up, as dw spends quite a lot of its money on shutting one up through its laweyrs. I guess keeping up appearences is where most of their charity money goes to, as they do not help any projects outside of dw.

So, if anyone is interested in creating a group for survivors, please do so. It would be immense help. I think we, buddhists are in great need of finding our way out of different sick cults sprouting around in the west like mushrooms.

I also wanted to share a link with you, it might be good to read for everyone:

[secularliturgies.wordpress.com]

I am not a christian, I , even though what happened to me, consider myself a buddhist and wish so much that we could just go to any old buddhist community and listen to the teachings without running the danger of ending up in some cult.

Wish you all, specially those who had it hard, that you get through the dark side of it. Have hope!

Date: May 12, 2023 03:02AM

freedomofspeechmetoo# Wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> it took me months on end to finally dare to write
> here. I was in the group fairly active for about 6
> years and left recently, so I'm an 'enemy' so to
> speak. Now some trolls can get very busy ...
>
> I'm not going to write down my story because than
> it would be easy to guess who I am exactly. I know
> that's not very helpful but I have to protect
> myself.
>
> I listen to podcasts a lot, specially to Steven
> Hassan or Leah Remini and Mike Rinder, to Sensibly
> Speaking or to John Atack (all of which I can
> highly recommend) and it accured to me that
> although they are talking about scientology, many
> factors are true for DW, too. It would be
> interesting to know whether Nydahl ever studied
> the methods of scientology. For example in dw they
> often tell you that your unfortunate life
> situation (like when something bad happened to
> you) is just the result of your bad karma, you
> should suck it up and it is basically happening to
> you because u did that exact thing to someone
> else. The talk of karmic connections is written in
> capital letters in dw. As I found out, so it is in
> scientology. Also, getting sick is some karmic
> result, often cited by dw, as in scientology.
>
> We will probably never find out the truth about
> Nydahl or his sex addiction as he has gone insane
> in the last few years. I have personally witnessed
> it a couple of years ago. What one of you has
> written about the clapping like a small child is a
> standard procedure nowdays.
>
> Another aspekt I wanted to write about is that in
> general, dw is not dangerous ( apart from sucking
> your money out of your pockets) as long as your
> not one of the living in members in one of their
> so called centers. In the centre they do control
> member's lives, who they talk to, what they read,
> eat and they also have to work without being paid
> ( that's what they call charity I guess ... ) as
> well as charging living-in members for their
> rooms, food and laundry expenses. Not a lot but
> still. They have to pay to be able to live there
> and work for FREE for dw. They mostly don't want
> you to work full-time so you depend financially on
> the group after a while. You start to belive that
> you won't be able to make it outside. That that's
> all there is. What is that if not a cult?? They
> have weekly meatings, one for the whole sangha and
> one for just the house. They slag eachother off
> and courtmarshall for doing things which you are
> not supposed to do in dw.Very cultish, if you ask
> me. They also have their T-shirts on sale in which
> they parade at 'courses'and in their centers, some
> wear them privatly as well. By buying those you
> can enable dw projects all over the world, even
> some that never come to fruition. What then
> happens to the money, I ask? One of those t-shirts
> say: freedom of speech. If I look at what they did
> to people who dared to speak up against them, I
> get sick. Freedom of speech for whom??? Just for
> dw?? If you ask any intimidating questions about
> Nydahl they relatively quickly shut you up and
> tell you to leave. Or tell you some tale about how
> he is protecting them with his super powers and
> how he is enlightened. (whatever that means in
> their eyes...sleeping with as many women as
> possible in a lifetime?)
>
>
> I don't want to write so much about the group
> though, much more I'd discovered that it would be
> good for former survivors to be able to talk to
> each other.I think nobody wrote about that here
> till now. I might be wrong as I didn't read all
> the 184 pages through. I think there is nowhere
> really to turn to, here in Germany, cult survivors
> are quite a new phenomenon. I don't even know if I
> could explain what happened to me to a therapist.
> I just wanted to say that people like Tenzin
> Peljor are few and nobody listens to them.
> (unfortunately)
>
> I also know that it is very hard to speak up, as
> dw spends quite a lot of its money on shutting one
> up through its laweyrs. I guess keeping up
> appearences is where most of their charity money
> goes to, as they do not help any projects outside
> of dw.
>
> So, if anyone is interested in creating a group
> for survivors, please do so. It would be immense
> help. I think we, buddhists are in great need of
> finding our way out of different sick cults
> sprouting around in the west like mushrooms.
>
> I also wanted to share a link with you, it might
> be good to read for everyone:
>
> [secularliturgies.wordpress.com]
>
> I am not a christian, I , even though what
> happened to me, consider myself a buddhist and
> wish so much that we could just go to any old
> buddhist community and listen to the teachings
> without running the danger of ending up in some
> cult.
>
> Wish you all, specially those who had it hard,
> that you get through the dark side of it. Have
> hope!

I was in the Ole Nydahl Diamond Way cult for just over 3 years, and certainly want to be speaking out or being involved with a survivors group.

I also had the same legal and in some cases physical threats but together we are strong!

I am making a podcast series for youtube and elsewhere if anyone else wants to speak out about the Diamond Way cult.

Date: May 17, 2023 02:55PM

Hi Everyone :)
just found this, thought might be helpful to others as well, in order to asess wether the group for them is a cult or not. I can definitely tick off many of the points made.

[www.dreichel.com]

We suggest that you check all characteristics that apply to your or your loved one's group, then print this browser page for future reference. You may find that your assessment changes over time, with further reading and research.

- The group is focused on a living leader to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment. CHECK

- The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
- The group is preoccupied with making money. >> ABSOLUTELY!!
- Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished. >> YES. You may leave the group immediately and are shunned.

- Mind-numbing techniques (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, debilitating work routines) are used to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s). >> YES!!!

- The leadership dictates sometimes in great detail how members should think, act, and feel (for example: members must get permission from leaders to date, change jobs, get married; leaders may prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, how to discipline children, and so forth). >> TOTALLY: CHECK:CHECK:CHECK: - ok, at this point my stomach has just flipped.

- The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and members (for example: the leader is considered the Messiah or an avatar; the group and/or the leader has a special mission to save humanity). - well not so much. rather to eliminate muslims, africans and pretty much everyone else who is not blond, white European.

-The group has a polarized us- versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society. >> YESS!!!!
The group's leader is not accountable to any authorities (as are, for example, military commanders and ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream denominations). - >> He doesn't have a constant place where he lives, so he is not accountable. Furthermore, he is not paying taxes personally, nor does the group as they are Tax-exampt as a registered 'Verein'.

The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify means that members would have considered unethical before joining the group (for example: collecting money for bogus charities). ->> BIG TIME!! I personally experienced the time in a house, when they collected money for a piece of land, they KNEW, NO-ONE WILL EVER SELL THEM. The land still hasn't been bought nor has the intended project been installed onto said field, nor will it ever take place. As far as I know, the money-taking for the project still continues.

The leadership induces guilt feelings in members in order to control them.

Members' subservience to the group causes them to cut ties with family and friends, and to give up personal goals and activities that were of interest before joining the group. ->> Members are encouraged to only date eachother! 'Find yourself a nice DW Partner.' was cited at many lectures held by Nydahl. It is also inclueded as one of his answers on the website: Ask the Lama.

Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group. - no, not really. only in the living-in centres.

Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members. - >> as already pointed out above.

The Podcast to go with it, incase anybody would want to listen in on further advice is the one by Marc Vicente : WTF is on my mind?! Episode: What is a cult?

Everyone, have a great week! Bye

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2023 03:07PM by freedomofspeechmetoo#.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.