Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: Anita 2 ()
Date: November 01, 2021 09:35PM

Spiritualteachers.org Discussion Boards
antoncarson
Oct 16, 2021 at 5:10pm

During his lectures Ole was openly advising European and American woman against marrying migrants from less developed parts of the word. Black people in particular. Such marriages, in his view, were made for passport reasons only and would not work. Once the buddy got his visa, residence or passport he would no longer care. The marriage would usually end in divorce and the white woman would be left alone with a multiracial child. In his opinion, the women who were falling prey to such plots would typically have low self esteem. Polish women, of all, had the lowest self esteem in his view.

Ole was heavily criticized for his views on online forums. I however claim that he had a right to have whatever views he had. There is a freedom of opinion and freedom of speech in the West. In my view the problem has been related to the fact that he was teaching one thing and doing another.

His marriage to the woman from Venezuela was one of such inconsistencies. While publically advising against marrying migrants he himself married someone who would have been considered a migrant in Western terms. The marriage ended in divorce.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 01, 2021 09:39PM

antoncarson
Oct 16, 2021 at 5:39pm

Despite Ole’s publically presented views, there has never been a case of a black migrant being unwelcome or expelled from any of Ole’s centres. To the contrary, they were welcome.

There was however the case when a black migrant moved to one of the Western countries with his Eastern European wife. This couple played a principal role in splitting the Diamond Way Sangha in this country. They also orchestrated exclusions of Buddhists from the local Diamond Way centre. The excluded Buddhists were white Europeans and were obviously practicing Diamond Way Buddhism at home. The situation in this Sangha was really disastrous and two people died in the process. Although we cannot judiciously claim that these deaths were consequential to the Split of the Sangha, it is fair to say that the dynamics in the Sangha have contributed to these tragic events.

All posts from people who were trying to discuss these atrocities on online forums were removed by Ole Nydahl’s Solicitors. Jan Weber being one of them.

Upon obtaining his first European passport the black migrant and his wife moved to Germany, where another European passport followed. They never met consequences of their actions. To the contrary, their behaviour was rewarded and the black migrant was given a title of a Diamond Way Buddhist teacher. He openly claims to be a Diamond Way Buddhist teacher and allegedly lectures in German Diamond Way centres. Only Ole Nydahl could have nominated him to this role because no one else in the Diamond Way had a power to do so.

Posted by: Kawa Lhundrub ()
Date: January 17, 2022 03:01AM

A really comprehensive article on Ole Nydahl by a Danish buddhist teacher Tendar (Olaf Hoeyer):

[www.tilogaard.dk]

Posted by: Micaela Riepe ()
Date: January 27, 2022 10:02PM

Thank you very much for the really differentiated article, which is full of deep compassion related to Ole Nydahl's illness and which unmasks the merciless treatment of the hardcore supporters with him. I have my own experiences with Nydahl, but I wish him the caring and loving hearts and hands he needs now. Peace be with him.

Date: June 04, 2022 09:28PM

Micaela Riepe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you very much for the really differentiated
> article, which is full of deep compassion related
> to Ole Nydahl's illness and which unmasks the
> merciless treatment of the hardcore supporters
> with him. I have my own experiences with Nydahl,
> but I wish him the caring and loving hearts and
> hands he needs now. Peace be with him.

Micaela Riepe, that's very kind of you. You have a very generous and forgiving heart. I hope you don't mind me asking about your own experiences.

I will try to recall your case. Please correct me if I didn't understand correctly.

While being a member of Diamond Way group you experienced some sort of abuse. As a result of this abuse you ended up psychologically injured. The injury was serious enough to prevent you from continuing your own work. You had to attend psychotherapy.

My first question is what happened exactly in this group or in your relationship with Ole Nydhal that either directly caused this crisis or triggered it?

While in therapy you opened an online blog, where you were conveying your experiences. You created a very detailed record and you chronicled events in a real time.

Ole Nydahl's lawyer Jan Weber has managed to close your blog down. He also threatened you with a defamation case for conveying your experiences and expressing your opinions online. You were in therapy and you couldn't work. Understandably you could not have afforded legal expenses.

Did Jan Weber only close your blog down or did he also force you to make a statement (written statement) that the information posted on your blog was untrue?

You saved parts of your blog by copying it on Rick Ross Forum. Was this RRF copy taken down or trimmed in any way by Jan Weber?

For what I also remember Jan Weber also threatened your psychotherapist. That's outrageous. She was afraid of his threats. Why did Jan Weber threatened your psychotherapist and did his letters to her/him have an impact on your psychotherapy.

Is it fair to say that Jan Weber interfered with your psychotherapy process?

In your opinion and up to your knowledge, was Jan Weber instructed by Ole Nydahl as far as your case was concerned or did he act of his own volition?

I am asking these questions because you were very open about your case and you wrote publicaly about it.

I am posting this post in a bold print to attract attention of the readers. I think this is an important case.

Date: June 04, 2022 09:36PM

I will now copy recent posts from Spiritual Teachers Board, before they get deleted.

Link: [spiritualteachers.proboards.com]
www.spiritualteachers.proboards.com/thread/28/ole-nydahl-fraud-diamond-cult

charlesthegreat wrote on May 19, 2022 at 4:09pm

I would like to add a couple of comments about Karol Sleczek, a Diamond Way teacher from Poland. The YouTube interview with him has been previously discussed on this forum.

This interview does give a subtle taste how Karol teaches right wing policies. It is evident through his public lectures that he promotes anti-immigrant sentiments. It is a legitimate world view and he has a right to his opinions. Moreover he absolutely has a right to express them. Yet, for the record we have to say he teaches right wing philosophy.

I all fairness, he also has a good degree of integrity because this YouTube interview is consistent with the content of his public lectures. It correctly reflects what he teaches and how he phrases his value system. I actually think it’s brave. There is no divide between what he teaches during public lectures and what he expresses in this interview. Fair play.

I have listened to many of his lectures. He very often tells a story about his stay in US as a student. He studied philosophy in US. During his studies he had a psychotic or schizophrenic episode and he was hospitalized in a psychiatric ward. No secret here. He talks about it publicly.

His wife Hermina has qualifications in Russian language teaching or translation.

At the time Ole split from the Karma Kagyu mainstream, Karol converted an old family cottage into a mediation place which then became a Buddhist centre. He decided to support Ole and Ole’s candidate for Karmapa. From that point on he became beyond reproach. No criticism could be made about him.

He had a tendency to be acrimonious, even savage. As far as the centre was concerned he had also tendency to be controlling. It is understandable; he invested family money in his local centre.

The main problem in my view was however, the fact that he was excluding people from this centre and was making it impossible for them to attend the spiritual practice. He orchestrated cases of blatant human rights violations. I believe he should have been sued on the grounds of violations of the right of liberty of spiritual practice. Sadly it did not happen.

The more people were effectively excluded, the stronger his own position was. People were afraid to oppose him. The system was set in this way and these exclusions were a necessary fuel the organisation was running on.

Wherever there is a religious idol, there is also a scapegoat. The existence of a scapegoat is a condition sine qua non for an emergence of an idol, god, fetish, totem, golden calf in a collective psyche. Such is the nature of idolatry behavior. Scapegoating was indispensable to the successful establishment of the diamond way as a religion, especially after its split from the old Karma Kagyu lineage.

There were comments about it on Rick Ross forum but apparently Ole Nydahl’s solicitor Jan Weber has managed to have them deleted. Sadly so.

Date: June 04, 2022 09:40PM

charlesthegreat wrote on May 19, 2022 at 4:42pm

I will also write a couple of sentences about another teacher from Poland – Wojtek Tracewski. Wojtek was Ole Nydahl’s translator. I personally like him.

He had a reputation for being a womanizer and just like Ole had many partners. I think he eventually married a woman from Ukraine.

He had a great life working for Ole. He traveled the world, Ole paid him salary, lots of women were interested, life was fun.

I think that he is a positive character. Funny and entertaining storyteller. However one thing has recently attracted my attention.

We know that Ole during his public lectures would regularly make racial if not racist comments. Comments such as cited by my predecessor posting on this forum. So Wojtek’s job was to translate it. So really without a hesitation he was translating long litanies of Ole’s views on race and ethnicity. He actually made it to sound fun.

Having done all that Wojtek took part in a video recording, where he reads a fragment of a book “Nam Thar” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZtjPI1ILkA). This fragment says: “Every human being regardless of how he looks has an enlightened nature and can become a Buddha tomorrow. Therefore treat everyone with respect.”

Is that integrity? Is Wojtek integrous? What do you think?

Date: June 04, 2022 09:43PM

charlesthegreat wrote on May 19, 2022 at 5:35pm

Caty Hartung was one of Ole’s many girlfriends. She had a long relationship with him at the time he was married to Hannah.

Upon parting with Ole Nydahl she married a Hungarian businessman. He was active in the Hungarian sangha and he became a diamond way teacher.

He was running serious investments globally and was somehow related to Hungarian power circles of Victor Orban. From what I have heard he was not only investing in property but also in oil. Among other he was investing in oil in South America. At least that’s what I have heard. If you have more accurate information, please correct me.

The problem was that the power and influence of Caty Hartung over diamond way wasn’t governed by any set of rules. She had her own personal investments and agendas. There is an opinion; I think a legitimate one that she seemed to have been using diamond way to pursue her own business goals.

That she seemed to have been running her and her husband’s business on the back of the diamond way organisation. So personal business profits seemed to have been exchanged for assignments of positions in diamond way Buddhist centres. For example positions of Buddhist teachers.

There seemed to have been a problem of revolving doors and conflicts of interest. Diamond way never introduced any anti corruption policies.

That led to tragedies. One of such cases was described by anton carson, posting on this forum before me.

Ole claimed that the social system he created was a meritocracy. That’s not true. It is an oligarchy.

Bee Scherer writes in her academic articles that Cathy Hartung was going to play a leading role in the organisation after Ole’s death. We know that this information is true.

Well, in this case Hartung’s full financial and business disclosure should be requested. That should include a disclosure of potential income from tax free countries.

Financial and business interest disclosure refers to the system whereby organization’s officials are required to disclose information about their assets and/or business activities.

Disclosing the value of assets and liabilities, along with the amount of income, makes it possible to detect unexplained wealth variations and potential illicit enrichment. Business interest disclosure focuses on activities, commitments and business connections that may compromise officials’ impartiality in their policy decisions. To facilitate detection of potential conflicts of interest, information on the sources of such interests (as well as sources of assets and liabilities) is required.

Earlier comments of internauts, discussing this problem on Rick Ross forum, were removed. Internauts commonly attribute the removal of forum comments to Ole Nydahl’s lawyer Jan Weber.

Date: June 04, 2022 09:48PM

Anita 2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Spiritualteachers.org Discussion Boards
> charlesthegreat wrote on May 19, 2022 at 5:35pm
>
> Caty Hartung was one of Ole’s many girlfriends.
> She had a long relationship with him at the time
> he was married to Hannah.
>
> Upon parting with Ole Nydahl she married a
> Hungarian businessman. He was active in the
> Hungarian sangha and he became a diamond way
> teacher.
>
> He was running serious investments globally and
> was somehow related to Hungarian power circles of
> Victor Orban. From what I have heard he was not
> only investing in property but also in oil. Among
> other he was investing in oil in South America. At
> least that’s what I have heard. If you have more
> accurate information, please correct me.
>
> The problem was that the power and influence of
> Caty Hartung over diamond way wasn’t governed by
> any set of rules. She had her own personal
> investments and agendas. There is an opinion; I
> think a legitimate one that she seemed to have
> been using diamond way to pursue her own business
> goals.
>
> That she seemed to have been running her and her
> husband’s business on the back of the diamond way
> organisation. So personal business profits seemed
> to have been exchanged for assignments of
> positions in diamond way Buddhist centres. For
> example positions of Buddhist teachers.
>
> There seemed to have been a problem of revolving
> doors and conflicts of interest. Diamond way never
> introduced any anti corruption policies.
>
> That led to tragedies. One of such cases was
> described by anton carson, posting on this forum
> before me.
>
> Ole claimed that the social system he created was
> a meritocracy. That’s not true. It is an
> oligarchy.
>
> Bee Scherer writes in her academic articles that
> Cathy Hartung was going to play a leading role in
> the organisation after Ole’s death. We know that
> this information is true.
>
> Well, in this case Hartung’s full financial and
> business disclosure should be requested. That
> should include a disclosure of potential income
> from tax free countries.
>
> Financial and business interest disclosure refers
> to the system whereby organization’s officials are
> required to disclose information about their
> assets and/or business activities.
>
> Disclosing the value of assets and liabilities,
> along with the amount of income, makes it possible
> to detect unexplained wealth variations and
> potential illicit enrichment. Business interest
> disclosure focuses on activities, commitments and
> business connections that may compromise
> officials’ impartiality in their policy decisions.
> To facilitate detection of potential conflicts of
> interest, information on the sources of such
> interests (as well as sources of assets and
> liabilities) is required.
>
> Earlier comments of internauts, discussing this
> problem on Rick Ross forum, were removed.
> Internauts commonly attribute the removal of forum
> comments to Ole Nydahl’s lawyer Jan Weber.

In the light of the above it is fair and reasonable to ask two questions:
1. Was/has been Caty Hartung's husband investing in property in Caribbean?
2. Was/has been Caty Hartung's husband investing in oil in Venezuela?

Date: June 04, 2022 10:16PM

I earlier wrote that excluding practitioners from Diamond way Buddhist centers was the case of the breach of Bodhisattva vow.

I do think it was the case indeed, especially taken into consideration how Ole was teaching this vow to his students.

The readers may commonly associate the Bodhisattva vow with a promise to achieve full Buddhahood for the sake of all sentient beings.

Another interpretation of this vow is a promise one makes to himself and/or to others to remain in the realm of Samsara by the means of a perpetual and continuous rebirth in order to help others and to liberate them. Upon achieving Enlightment one does not retire into Nirvana. The being promises to stay in Samsara to help.

Ole Nydahl was teaching Bodhisattva vow differently. Upon a commencement of the meditation courses students were collectively making a vow to never exclude any sentient beings from the circle of compassion. That's how the Bodhisattva vow was phrased by Ole - NOT TO EVER EXCLUDE ANY SENTIENT BEING FROM A CIRCLE OF ONE'S COMPASSION.

Well as we know already, exclusions from diamond way centers were an undeniable and systemic element of diamond way organization. They were a building block of Ole's popularity and a cornerstone of Ole's worship.

As charlesthegreat put it on Spiritual Teachers Board: Wherever there is a religious idol, there is also a scapegoat. The existence of a scapegoat is a condition sine qua non for an emergence of an idol, god, fetish, totem, golden calf in a collective psyche. Such is the nature of idolatry behavior. Scapegoating was indispensable to the successful establishment of the diamond way as a religion, especially after its split from the old Karma Kagyu lineage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.