> advisor will tell you that the key to avoiding
> paying taxes is not to settle for longer in any
> place. As long as you are not an american citizen,
> you don't pay taxes if you live a nomadic
> lifestyle. I would not be surprised if Ole, Caty
> and Tomek has significant fortunes, obtained in
> tax free way, safely nested in South American
> banks.

I will try to be more specific, as to what do I mean exactly. Ole used to describe his life style as nomadic. He used to say that he never stayed in one place for longer than one night. With exception of meditation courses which lasted one or two weeks, he indeed was not staying anywhere for longer. He always used to say that in each consecutive year he travelled around the globe twice. Caty and Tomek would travel with him.

That is all very good. Nevertheless we need to remember that not staying ever in any place liberates you from paying taxes. You basically live a tax free existence because you are not a permanent resident in any place. So that's what I meant. Nomadic life style is a basis for tax freedom.

Let's now reflect on this in the light of what was previously discussed here, with regard to the fact that Ole did conceal the reality that he had children, for years. People would often ask him during lectures whether he had children. He would always respond that Hannah didn't want children. She allegedly told him that if she had children she would love them too much to continue with her work for diamond way. He would than add that he felt he had many children. We would take it in the sense that he had spiritual children. That answers would indicate to us that he did not have children.

Now, as we know he eventually admitted to having children with a woman other than Hannah. He said it in an interview. Was it 2018 that he said that? I don't remember exactly. But that was a big thing for me. For all that time, while answering repeatedly the same questions, he would never admit he had children.

Well, if he had children than obviously he would have taken care of their upbringing and their future. Hence my conclusion, that his activities were not purely religious and that he was running some businesses. Nothing wrong with that but, in this case, we can assume that his decisions were not motivated by religious concerns only. There were other factors involved in his decisions making processes. Some of these decisions were tragic in their consequences as we know and deeply harmed his students.

There was a possible fusion of his religious and business goals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: Anita 2 ()
Date: August 01, 2021 02:33AM

Mary Lou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've never met Hannah but I always felt that she
> must've been suffering because of him. Every woman
> would suffer seeing things like that! I personally
> have huge respect and sympathy for Hannah, she was
> such a gentle and hard working woman. I never
> forget when Ole said on one of his lectures that
> he will pay 10000 dollars to every woman who will
> stand in front of him and accuse him of rape. It
> was in 2015 in March. I still have access to his
> lectures and must say that this guy looks like an
> old crazy veteran in his military outfits.
> Obviously I don't listen to his scam, because I'm
> not going to pay money for that. I paid a big
> price for being in DW. When I quit DW I was in
> fear that something could happen to me because
> I've lost Lama protection, can you believe it?
> What kind of manipulation is that? People are
> being brainwashed I ended up doing long therapy
> sessions trying to get my life back. I still
> practice Buddhism, I always wanted to do that but
> unfortunately I had a really bad beginning just
> because this cult I so easily accessible. The
> biggest bullshit I've heard it was from one of his
> students ages ago that he's an emanation of 16th
> Karmapa. Seriously?

Hi Mary Lou,

I have read your post again and I think I now fully understand the significance of it. You say that you were in fear that something could happen because you lost Lama's protection.

It is understandable you felt this way. You may remember that before or after giving certain practices Ole would ALWAYS say that we would lose the blessing of this practice if we (quote): GO AGAINST THE LAMA.

So people would ask what going against the Lama meant. The response was that criticizing the Lama or talking negative things about Lama would obliterate the merit and the blessing of your practice. You would lose the blessing of the practice.

In this way people were learning that their spiritual progress would not depend on themselves. It would not depend on their disciplined practice or on their relationship with themselves, with their own minds. They would learn that their spiritual progress would solely depend on their relationship with the Lama and their ability to maintain the PURE VIEW of the Lama. So once they say something critical about the Lama the blessing of their practice would be wiped out.

Ole would always say it before or after giving important practices. He would also say that he was the only one who was giving these practices to students. No one else was passing them on.

So, now, there you were. So lucky, that you have received a certain transmission. You just hit the jackpot by receiving it. But be mindful. The blessing may not last, once you say something critical about the teacher who gave it.

You practice not only because you want the blessing for yourself. You also want it for your loved ones. Your family that you love with all your heart. Your kids, your parents. You want the best for them and you want them to receive the blessing through your practice. But this may not happen, once you will not be able to hold a pure view of the teacher. Tough!

So once you say something wrong. Something not in line with an official diamond way's interpretative paradigm. Your blessing for this life and for after-life is finished. You criticized Lama – blessing ended. Now you are on your own for eternity. Lama will not help you, because it was you who made it impossible for him to help you. Game over!

So this is the short leash you are on. This is where they get you.

This blackmail is especially powerful if you were in diamond way for longer and you endlessly listened to the lectures about diamond way being the only authentic lineage of transmission. No other lineage was as good as diamond way. The other Karmapa was a Chinese spy, he was substituted in his childhood by someone else, the 16’s Karmapa’s letter about his reincarnation was inauthentic. Dalai Lama is a no-no. Etc. I have listened to lots of such lectures.

So, if you have listened to these teachings, if you were told that that the diamond way is the only authentic transmission of Tibetan Buddhism that is, if you were told that that the blessing of your practice does not depend on your own work, then yes you will have all these fears that you and your family will lose blessing, protection and the chance to be liberated. These are real and authentic fears.

Posted by: Mary Lou ()
Date: August 03, 2021 04:16PM

Hi Anita,

I fully agree with you. I also remember him saying that if you leave DW and become Christian blessing will be still working but if you become Muslim you will lose your blessing forever. I can see it now how brainwashed I was. Also using Kalachakra against Muslims is absolutely disgusting. I used to hear that Ole gave us mantra that we can use when we see any Muslims around. That's sick.

Posted by: Kawa Lhundrub ()
Date: August 10, 2021 01:18AM

I watched a stream with Ole today, and it was very disturbing.

First there were some presentations of center projects, then Ole made a short speech but it was quite disoriented and made no sense. After that he was supposed to come to the stage, but he got lost and went the other way, his wife had to bring him there.

After that there was a session of questions and answers. The audience were pretending as if nothing was out of place and kept asking Ole serious questions, but instead of giving them serious answers, which was quite clearly beoynd his current mental capacity, Ole went on a loop about how he was going to different places and how he was meeting some people. He was constantly interspersing his speech with onomatopoeia and random sounds. He would also incidentaly start punching the palm of his hand in an agressive manner.

Here is one example of the questions and answers:
A lady asked Ole: I have a family in Venezuela. They are poor people and are constantly asking me to give them money. I cannot help all of them. What should I do with this fealing of guilt?
Ole replied: When you don´t hear these people from the place with the money, then it is good. There is less pressure or something. Then you can go somewhere, to different places, or you can come here. It is good to come here.

There were some hilarious points of the whole ordeal:

At one point Ole said: My task was to start centers, I founded five or six.
Somebody from the audience: There were 700.
Ole: What?
The audience: The centers.
Ole: For what?

Towards the end of the session there was a meditation on the 16th Karmapa, which Ole had great difficulty to read and often made a detour into some paranoid rabling about people with knives. Some missreadings were funny: Karmapa shares with us his blessings and proteins...(protection)

At times he appeared to be delusional:
For example started to ramble about how he was in army. Which he never was. Then he had an idea that there is a pope in the audience, and he kept on asking if the pope likes it there. He would also often talk about punching someone.

It was also quite clear that his wife is the one that is in charge. So it seems that she has an idea to milk Ole for the money, while she can. Seriously Ole´s followers should let him retire. It is quite embarassing to see people treat an old mentally ill man in this way.

Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: August 10, 2021 06:01AM

Kawa Lhundrub, two years ago you said Ole Nydahl was suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Now it sounds like you are making entertainment out of that. Watching a stream of someone is quite different to being in their presence. I think Ole Nydahl, as with all ageing beings, is worthy of more respect.

Posted by: Kawa Lhundrub ()
Date: August 10, 2021 02:34PM

Dorje
Kawa Lhundrub, two years ago you said Ole Nydahl was suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Now it sounds like you are making entertainment out of that. Watching a stream of someone is quite different to being in their presence. I think Ole Nydahl, as with all ageing beings, is worthy of more respect.

Yes I said that based on what I heard from other sources. I wanted to see if that is true and this experience confirmed to me beyond any doubt that Ole is indeed suffering from of Alzheimer's. Although there were some unintentionally funny moments, I was not entertained when watching that stream, I was sad and disturbed.

I completely agree it is time to respect Ole. It is also time to respect his health condition and let him retire. He should not be dragged from center to center and from lecture to lecture, he should have rest and medical care. It is time to stop pretending that he is a lama and that he is in good shape, especially people in Ole's retinue should stop writting letters to his followers in Ole's name, this is just plain manipulation.

For the sake of transparency Diamondway as an organisation should also stop trying to cower up Ole's state of health. You cannot have a person with advanced Alzheimer's as a head of Registered association (eingetragener Verein), there is a financial and decision making responsibility towards the memebers of the association as well as towards German government.

Posted by: Mary Lou ()
Date: August 13, 2021 03:38AM

Following Diamond Way and what these people always say let me repeat one sentence that is very popular amongst them and actually describes Oles situation - " karma working" - for publicly talking evil stuff about gay people, Afrikaans, Muslims, for harming women and brainwashing his followers. His poisoned mind eventually turned against him. Ole used to say that the impressions that you will accumulate throughout the life before death come back with redoubled strength. I can only feel sorry for him because soon he will loose his mind but apart from that I don't feel any sympathy for him. I don't think his a real Lama or enlightened being I think he is a total scammer who should legally pay for what he's done to the people and for the fact that he created a monster called Diamond Way.

Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: August 13, 2021 04:46AM

I agree with much of what you say Mary Lou. I sat with Ole Nydahl long ago in London. I went to him because Bhutanese friends were very positive about him. I liked Ole. I liked sitting with him, but I was too lazy to follow his Ngondro ways. I saw the value. I saw the value in the hundreds of centres he and Hannah opened in countries where teachings were limited and repression of the individual was strong. I heard of the racism but I was not close enough to the organisation to know more. My last contact with Diamond Way was in Spain - to see the movie about Hannah. It was a great movie. Hannah was amazing. What Hannah and Ole achieved was amazing. But the reek of racism was too much for me and I left before the first beer. It's a shame. I guess that Ole, like so many modern teachers, was not enlightened enough the stop the rot before it went too deep,

In a note to Kawa Lhundrub - I sat with Jeanne de Salzmann in her last years. Her personality was shot to bits. Her presence was immense. Better that she was not streamed but only experienced directly. I hope that Ole Nydahl is more than macho, and I hope that his organisation can do more than appeal to the base and raise its followers at least to the level of ordinary respect and decency.

Date: August 29, 2021 01:05AM

Kawa Lhundrub Wrote:
> I watched a stream with Ole today, and it was very
> disturbing.
>
> First there were some presentations of center
> projects, then Ole made a short speech but it was
> quite disoriented and made no sense. After that he
> was supposed to come to the stage, but he got lost
> and went the other way, his wife had to bring him
> there.
>
> After that there was a session of questions and
> answers. The audience were pretending as if
> nothing was out of place and kept asking Ole
> serious questions, but instead of giving them
> serious answers, which was quite clearly beoynd
> his current mental capacity, Ole went on a loop
> about how he was going to different places and how
> he was meeting some people. He was constantly
> interspersing his speech with onomatopoeia and
> random sounds. He would also incidentaly start
> punching the palm of his hand in an agressive
> manner.
>
> Here is one example of the questions and answers:
> A lady asked Ole: I have a family in Venezuela.
> They are poor people and are constantly asking me
> to give them money. I cannot help all of them.
> What should I do with this fealing of guilt?
> Ole replied: When you don´t hear these people from
> the place with the money, then it is good. There
> is less pressure or something. Then you can go
> somewhere, to different places, or you can come
> here. It is good to come here.
>
> There were some hilarious points of the whole
> ordeal:
>
> At one point Ole said: My task was to start
> centers, I founded five or six.
> Somebody from the audience: There were 700.
> Ole: What?
> The audience: The centers.
> Ole: For what?
>
> Towards the end of the session there was a
> meditation on the 16th Karmapa, which Ole had
> great difficulty to read and often made a detour
> into some paranoid rabling about people with
> knives. Some missreadings were funny: Karmapa
> shares with us his blessings and
> proteins...(protection)
>
> At times he appeared to be delusional:
> For example started to ramble about how he was in
> army. Which he never was. Then he had an idea
> that there is a pope in the audience, and he kept
> on asking if the pope likes it there. He would
> also often talk about punching someone.
>
> It was also quite clear that his wife is the one
> that is in charge. So it seems that she has an
> idea to milk Ole for the money, while she can.
> Seriously Ole´s followers should let him retire.
> It is quite embarassing to see people treat an old
> mentally ill man in this way.

Kawa Lhundrub thank you very much for this post. A very precious material and a very precious feedback for those of us who don't have an access to the streaming.

Date: August 29, 2021 01:08AM

Kawa Lhundrub Wrote:

> I completely agree it is time to respect Ole. It
> is also time to respect his health condition and
> let him retire. He should not be dragged from
> center to center and from lecture to lecture, he
> should have rest and medical care. It is time to
> stop pretending that he is a lama and that he is
> in good shape, especially people in Ole's retinue
> should stop writting letters to his followers in
> Ole's name, this is just plain manipulation.

I totally agree.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.