Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: puella ()
Date: January 22, 2013 03:25AM

Outsider
Its been a while since I last posted here, a long while, good to see the thread still progressing and expanding. I am not going to pick up on any particular posts, rather add what I see as relevant information. Freedom of expression, speach, its something that has been fought for over the years and I find it interesting that some recent internet posts commenting on Ole Nydahl in a negative manner have seriously irked one of the Baltic Sangha`s. So much so that they recently had a meeting, a gathering of the said country`s Sangha`s to discuss what should be done to counter such `slander` of Ole online, legal recourse was mentioned. This just reinstates my impression that followers of Ole are obsessive in the extreme, forget the real world outside the Sangha , only what is circulated and adopted within the group is tolerated, regardless of where the group focus is heading (of course, it is always headed where Ole says it should be headed towards) it always swings towards blind faith.

Thank you Outsider. And this is why Micaela's case is going to be very, very important.
I wish Markus Kompa all the best with all my heart.
Good, brave man Markus!!! I wish you good luck with your Barbara Streisand method!

Diamond Way does violate human rights. And they do it on the levels that people find too difficult or impossible to talk about. It is emotionally too hard and people cannot find words to express their experiences. There are also very strong religious taboos which prevent people from talking.
Apart from that:
1. If you decide to talk, no one in the group will support you. You will be left on your own.
2. There is a danger that Diamond Way will get heavy on you as they did on Micaela. They will close your web page and they may sue you for defamation.

So you will really need to be emotionally and intellectually fit to be able to handle that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: January 22, 2013 08:26PM

"So you will really need to be emotionally and intellectually fit to be able to handle that."

That´s really true. I needed seven years before I was fit enough to come out with my experiences with and reflections on the secret transferences by Ole Nydahl. And thankfully I got all informations about it in books, conversations and lectures.

So I was the one who publicly faced Ole Nydahl with my knowlegde about specific tantric rituals he uses and he did not like it because he want them to be kept a secret. That´s what he took as vow.

Now he uses the rights of a democratic society to protect undemocratic and painfull customs. Here is the point that it is difficult to convince people, for example laywers, prosecuters and judges, of the existence of the rituals and the way how they work in someone. I tried it hard and sued Nydahl because of gravious bodily harm. After a long fight and the support of a buddhist lawyer -she wrote a perfect indictment, something what the prosecution was not able to do although they seem to believe in my accusations - I stopped it. It would have been neccessery to go to the constitutional jurisdiction where - in my eyes - it belongs to. But how Corboy said, for a lone woman like me it is to much work and I see no chance for the moment.

Now Nydahl respectively his laywer sued me because of defamation after they were successful to reach a interim injunction against me. That meant I would have to pay Nydahl´s legal fees - about 1100 EU- and the court fees, annother 450, EU. I can´t, so he forced me to make a solemn declaration about my income and asked the balliff to seize my PC saying they know I would have one. Nice people!

But I got good nerves. The next step was the defamation action. Here is to know that I have to find a laywer who appears at the bar, it is impossible to conduct my own case. That depends on the level of the jurisdiction the case ws brought on. So I was desperate for getting a laywer, who would be a hero, bacause I have little money and can pay just a small fee for a lot of work. And Markus Kompa is one like that.

And now we will see. Nydahl´s layer contacted him and offered to eschew a part of the outstanding debts if I would accept the ommissions, which were drafted in the interim injunction, for ever. They appear to be very needy.

We did not.

Posted by: fivecentschange ()
Date: January 22, 2013 11:53PM

As a German I also find these articles very interesting.

Date: January 23, 2013 06:25AM

karam-mudra
Nydahl´s layer contacted him and offered to eschew a part of the outstanding debts if I would accept the ommissions, which were drafted in the interim injunction, for ever. They appear to be very needy.

We did not.

They are desperate to silence you Micaela. So, let's wish Ole Nydahl good luck with your computer and I hope you will continue writing and continue to participate in our on-line community from an internet - cafe.

They may want to get hold of your computer to retrieve your passwords to see who you were in contact with.

Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: January 23, 2013 06:38PM

Puella,

they don´t have my PC. The balliff did not seize it, because it is to old and worthless. But he was rather staggered by the request of Nydahl´s laywer and in the same time he gave me the helpful advice to keep an account which is unseizable. Otherwise they could seize the legal fee independet of I would have money for paying my rent and my subsitence. This are new legal regulation in Germany since the beginning of 2012.

Date: January 24, 2013 06:09AM

I have a question for the Rick Ross Forum moderator. Does the Forum keep the IP addresses of people who post here? If it doesn’t people who have posted here are safe and under no threat of legal action. Even if Diamond Way intended to obtain an interim injunction against them to prevent them from posting on Rick Ross Forum, they will be impossible to identify.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 24, 2013 09:24PM

To whom it may concern:

The Ross Institute has been sued five times by groups making "defamation" claims. All of those claims were dismissed and none of the claims went to trial. The lawsuits included the Church of Immortal Consciousness, Pure Bride Ministries, Landmark Education, Gentle Wind Project and NXIVM.

See the following subsections:

[www.culteducation.com]
[www.culteducation.com]
[www.culteducation.com]
[www.culteducation.com]
[www.culteducation.com]

In one instance, Landmark v. Ross, Landmark Education (a company with revenues of $75 million annually) specifically wanted information disclosed regarding the message board. No information was ever disclosed regarding any of the registrants at the message board. A New Jersey federal judge supported that position and Landmark later gave up its claims, dismissing its own lawsuit rather than disclosing information about he company in the discovery process.

The Ross Institute has been represented by large law firms pro bono (at not charge) and received additional assistance from the Berkman Center at Harvard University and Public Citizen in Washington D.C.

Donato v. Moldow is the defining law in the United States regarding the content of public message boards.

See [www.citmedialaw.org]

The plaintiffs subpoenaed the Internet service provider that hosted the website, seeking the identities of the unknown posters. No information was provided and the lawsuit was dismissed. Donato v. Moldow was specifically cited by Landmark Education as the reason that its lawsuit against the Ross Institute and its message board was useless and could not succeed.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 25, 2013 03:03AM

Y'know what is revealing?

That a group that claims itself Buddhist would inspire such apprehensions.

Shakyamuni Buddha never, to our knowledge, employed attorneys.

And, so the story goes, he left his palace, abandoned his claim to inherit leadership of his clan, and when bidding farewell to his companion, returned his fine clothes weapons, horses and chariots, then went away to live as a renunciate.

All those fairy stories later invented by the Vajrayanas equipping Buddha with weapons, worship and dharma protectors were just cooked up for the convenience of rich and greedy monastic baronies.

Just like how the land hungry younger sons of barons turned Jesus into a conquering prince so as to justify their thuggery (aka 'Crusades') against Muslims the Middle East, and against Othodox Christians in Eastern Europe.

All they wanted was power and land. The religious stories were changed to suit their ambitions.

Posted by: mark jon ()
Date: January 25, 2013 03:18AM

Karam,

Thank you very much for providing the link to the Shamar statement on Ole - before it was edited. That and your comments have cleared up a lot of confusion in my mind about Ole's sexual obsession. When it was publicly revealed what Kalu Rinpoche had been up to with sexual tantra the women who spoke out publicly made it sound very much like she was being used by him in order to achieve some kind of 'spiritual' advantage. The question I have, and perhaps you or others can answer, is concerning how this is sold to the woman. In other words, is she generally told that she will be participating in a tantric experience of some kind that will benifit her, as well as him? Or is it simply portrayed as being 'good karma' or whatever to serve the teacher that way. When studying what happened with Kalu Rinpoche, who Ole learned from, it sounded to me like the sexual activity between the lama and his 'consort' amounted to little more than theft of the female 'essence' in service of what he believed was impossible to obtain any other way. If that is true, not only should taking advantage of students be wholeheartedly condemned but the whole idea of Buddhist sexual tantra should be also. Other forms of tanra with which I am familiar don't appear to be anywhere near as predatory. I guess the question comes down to, is the teaching itself that utterly exploitative of women, or only in the hands of these kind of men?

Please, anyone who can comment on this, do weigh in.

Posted by: tracker ()
Date: January 25, 2013 06:22AM

mark jon
Karam,

Thank you very much for providing the link to the Shamar statement on Ole - before it was edited. That and your comments have cleared up a lot of confusion in my mind about Ole's sexual obsession. When it was publicly revealed what Kalu Rinpoche had been up to with sexual tantra the women who spoke out publicly made it sound very much like she was being used by him in order to achieve some kind of 'spiritual' advantage. The question I have, and perhaps you or others can answer, is concerning how this is sold to the woman. In other words, is she generally told that she will be participating in a tantric experience of some kind that will benifit her, as well as him? Or is it simply portrayed as being 'good karma' or whatever to serve the teacher that way. When studying what happened with Kalu Rinpoche, who Ole learned from, it sounded to me like the sexual activity between the lama and his 'consort' amounted to little more than theft of the female 'essence' in service of what he believed was impossible to obtain any other way. If that is true, not only should taking advantage of students be wholeheartedly condemned but the whole idea of Buddhist sexual tantra should be also. Other forms of tanra with which I am familiar don't appear to be anywhere near as predatory. I guess the question comes down to, is the teaching itself that utterly exploitative of women, or only in the hands of these kind of men?

Please, anyone who can comment on this, do weigh in.

I'm not adding anything new here, but this whole dressing it up as a tantra practice just seems like a clever way to get into the panties of sad women students whose self esteem is low and whose craving for other-validation is high.

I'm aware I'm not answering your questions. My line above just comes from frustration with both teachers AND students who both buy into such messy ways of relating to each other.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.