Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: SteveLpool ()
Date: December 06, 2012 05:14AM

I think anyone posting names of people on a Forum like this should, at the very least, be using their real name also.

Steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puella ()
Date: December 06, 2012 08:00AM

karam-mudra
Until now I feel like beeing in a crash course of reading law. A peculiar result after beginning to be a student of Nydahl as a teacher of tantric-tibetan Lamaism nine years ago.
:))) That is the most peculiar result of a tantric practice indeed! :))) lol

Lots of love Micaela. The brave and wonderful woman that you are.

Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: December 07, 2012 06:42PM

you are bad people:-))
some thoughts of one of Ole's students.
You peole have really a vicious minds. No matter what, not even the words of great Lamas' such as the Karmapa, Shamarpa, Jigme Rinpoche, etc. make you to think deeper about what is really going one. Not even the facts can make you to see everyhing as they really are. You are like a pit-bull, once you've got bit into the flesh of a person you will never let go, you do not care about what you are actually doing, you are just keep inflicting the pain with the strong negative impulses of your vicious mind just as a pit-bull... Good luck with it: If you are a practicing Buddhist you may have the chance to turn the cycle of existence upwards with this kinf of ignorance, but if you cannot even hold on to any Buddhist views, then you are causing lot of pain for your future, because this kind of ignorance will only result more ignorane thus hardship and unpleasant experiences... Good luck!

Posted by: Misstyk ()
Date: December 14, 2012 11:02AM

dariusb
Not even the facts can make you to see everyhing as they really are.
hmm... I thought seeing the teachers as the all-too-human individuals that they are, prone to the same craving (or worse) as everyone else was seeing things as they really are. Gurus aren't magic, they're just people. That fact may not be exciting enough for some people, though.

Date: December 14, 2012 11:03AM

Misstyk
dariusb
hmm... I thought seeing the teachers as the all-too-human individuals that they are, prone to the same craving (or worse) as everyone else was seeing things as they really are. Gurus aren't magic, they're just people. That fact may not be exciting enough for some seekers, though.

Posted by: suenam ()
Date: December 14, 2012 06:31PM

Misstyk
dariusb
hmm... I thought seeing the teachers as the all-too-human individuals that they are, prone to the same craving (or worse) as everyone else was seeing things as they really are. Gurus aren't magic, they're just people. That fact may not be exciting enough for some people, though.

The irony here is that this DWB member's idea of "how things really are" is of Nydahl being the protector and champion of western freedom in the face of the threat from evil Islam.
It shows very clearly that what students of Nydahl are learning is a far cry from Buddhism.

Date: December 15, 2012 04:11AM

suenam
The irony here is that this DWB member's idea of "how things really are" is of Nydahl being the protector and champion of western freedom in the face of the threat from evil Islam.
It shows very clearly that what students of Nydahl are learning is a far cry from Buddhism.
My impression of how Nydahl operates, based on what's been posted on this thread, is that he takes elements from TB tradition, some of which are archaic, and bases his practices on that, as an excuse for his own self-gratification. So, in this vein, he's taken an anti-Islam element from the Kalachakra, and has exaggerated it and taken it too far. Part of the Kalachakra tantra is about fighting Islam and other non-Buddhist religions, so that Buddhism can emerge supreme. This is a reaction to Islam's persecution of Buddhism in India, when Islam first invaded, so that part of the Kalachakra is kind of like old folklore. But Ole is using it as a basis for pursuing his own agenda. That's how it seems to me. He may really believe this is Tibetan Buddhism, who knows what he really believes, and what is show, and what is just a game for him.

[www.trimondi.de] Analysis of the Kalachakra, scroll down to "Buddha vs. Allah"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2012 04:25AM by Misstyk.

Posted by: anonym ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:11PM

Looks like Karmapa in 40 years of "western buddhism" eventually found out what a buddhism actually is about:
[www.karmapa.org]

That should actually solve a lot of the discussion. At least concerning him.

Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: December 18, 2012 11:17PM

I am not too sure what is this all about but looks like someone is looking for help. [lachrymoserecluse.tumblr.com]

Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:10AM

Hi Darius,

thank you for sharing it. Yes, there is someone looking for help. Yes, there is a broken soul, broken by a "tantric impropriation", broken by a verdict of a man with a tendency of megalomania which he was putting on very small shoulders.

Shame on you, Ole Nydahl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.