And here, only for illustration, a qote from his mail to me:

"Sie schreiben "Meine Erfahrungen sind durch verschiedene
Gutachten sehr gut belegt"- handelt es sich denn tatsächlich um Gutachten
psychologischer Art mit BEZUG AUF IHREN KONKRETEN FALL? Wären Sie dann bereit,
diese Gutachten dem Rat der DBU - auf Wunsch vertraulich - zur Verfügung zu
stellen? Oder uns die Gutachter zu nennen und sie für Rückfragen unsererseits
ggf. von einer Schweigepflicht zu entbinden?"

Translation:

"You wrote: "My experiences are well documented in different reports". Are that really reports based on psycological research DUE TO YOUR SPECIFIC CASE? Would you be preapared to hand over that reports to the board of DBU, at request confidantially ? Or would you designate the experts and absolve them from obligation to secrecy if we would have queries ?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: July 09, 2012 10:31PM

Hi Karma Mudra; I was wondering if you would be able to clarify something here.
(By the way, for an allegation of rape, or of a sexual relationship, I can't understand why any organization would want to have the right to demand to see your therapists reports as "proof".) Not a lawyer and not giving legal advice; I just can't understand how in any circumstance, an organization would consider themselves entitled to see your therapy sessions, nor what that would prove.
Just mo, but getting a good lawyer would seem an appropriate step.
Could you please clarify though;
1 Are you talking about a physical sexual relationship with Ole?
2 Or are you talking about a reaction that happened inside your head ( unpleasant sexual feelings) after meeting Ole?

The two things are of course , very different.
Thank you and wishing you all the best, Yasmin

Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: July 10, 2012 12:12AM

Yasmin,

read my Open Letter to Nydahl, you will find all the informations I want to publish now during a running investigation procedure.

As far as I can see the most people here are not conversant with the sexual-magical initiations of Tibetan Lamaism. Those are the cores of pracising the Tantras, as Yogis do, as the so called High Incarnations do. And I was part of it as a secret tantric consort.

My idea is to make the hidden and secret practises justiciable. And the way how they are working I told to the prosecution, not here, not to you. I know, that must be unsatisfying for you, but what of it.

Posted by: Alexander Nevsky ()
Date: July 11, 2012 05:13AM

Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: July 11, 2012 05:23AM

“While Diamond Way Buddhism is not political, one of our teachers, Lama Ole Nydahl, has made personal statements on world affairs in press interviews.
“The occasional comments he has made about radical Islam have been grouped together and circulated in order to cause offence.”
Come on now Steve James ,I always thought that ole is the teacher for you not one of a teachers!

Posted by: jamgon ()
Date: July 11, 2012 11:38AM

Suenam:

Yes - I think given the quoted 2013 date, the dodgy signature, and the totally different style, I think the letter is questionable.

No, it is not. Shamar Rinpoche has two signatures - one in Tibetan script and one Western - and uses them interchangeably. For an example of Shamar's "Tibetan" signature see:

[www.kagyuoffice.org]

The linked letter was witnessed by Urgyen Tulku so I do not know how one would question the authenticity of the signature. In any case - had the letter been forged do you not think that Shamarpa would have gone public to expose the fraud?

I notice Shamarpa's take on Islamic extremism, "...just as we should show compassion on the victims, we should also have compassion on the terrorists due to their ignorance." is also radically different to Nydahl's patronising, dismissive, and dualistic approach.

The intent of the letter is very clear and does not require your re-interpretation:

Until today Lama Ole is a genuine teacher, passing on the teachings exactly as he himself has received them from the late 16th Karmapa, Kalu Rimpoche, Tenga Rinpoche and myself.

(…)

I want to express appreciation for Lama Ole’s forty-year-long work to transmit the Buddha’s teachings to the West for the benefit of all beings. I make wishes that Lama Ole’s activity continues to grow.

There is really not much to add - Lama Ole enjoys Shamarpa’s full support. You may not like it but coming up with a theory of the forged letter which somehow (despite being forged) proves that Shamarpa disagrees with Lama Ole is a bit desperate.

Peace.

Posted by: suenam ()
Date: July 11, 2012 06:56PM

I think Steve James' comment has completely missed the point in an attempt to obfuscate the issue.

I recall a lecture on Buddhism and quantum theory where Nydahl made a comment saying how all boys loved to chase after girls.

This is from a person who has supposedly developed single-pointed meditative concentration and who is talking about a philosophy which aims at transcending dualistic desire.

Not only does this comment thoughtlessly exclude all Buddhist monks who have taken a vow of celibacy, it also appears to have drifted hopelessly off topic to espouse a philosophy almost diametrically opposed to the one he is supposed to represent.

Whether anyone takes offence or not is a subjective and personal issue, however, objectively speaking he has drifted so far off-topic as to be facing in completely the opposite direction without even seeming to realise.

Similarly with Nydahl's political comments, he demonstrates a total lack of understanding of the history and politics of the issues he refers to (which have a questionable relevance to the topic of the lecture), and equally fails to apply the Buddhist ideas on causality and the illusory nature of such causal phenomena.

Whether they are grouped together and circulated would seem to make little difference - in fact, placing them in context makes those comments looks even more absurd - the only reason that such comments could be taken as offensive is because they are one-sided and reflect one person's desire to voice his uniformed (non-Buddhist) viewpoint.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 07:10PM by suenam.

Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: July 11, 2012 07:56PM

Suanam,

I have a totally different view on Nydahl due to my experiences. When he says "all boys loved to chase after girls" he says, that he is working with desire to overcome it and he wants students following that way. When I read Gendun Ringpoche he wrote about that path, it would be only for a few. Nydahl went that path more or less and he follows his experiences. That is what he makes him a yogi and not a monk. He followes the left-handed path and made his samayas in a specific form and due to this samyas he is obligated to have sex everyday, specialy with young girls, but also with older women. And he does. Not for his personal pleasure or desire but for the reason of the tantric rules or ideology to spread the transferences and to gather female energy.

When you write (tantric-tibetan Buddhism) is a philosophy which aims at transcending dualistic desire, than you forget to determine the experiences on which this "philosophy" is grounding.

So let me quote the Dalai Lama:

“When we experience subtler level of minds, this level of consciousness can then be transformed into wisdom that understand is emptiness, selflessness.In order to do this, first the practitioner has to stop the grosser levels of consciousness,and to do this, it is necessary to bring about the change of the movement of the white and red basic constituents. This is where sex becomes involved. The strongest change in the level of consciousness that can be utilized by a practitioner occurs during sex. Because of this fact, sex is used as a technique of tantric path.”

He says here, the strongest change in consciousness happened during sex, not during philosophy. This is the core of Lamaism and the condition for enlightment in one life.

To expose someone like Nydahl it is at first essential to understand him.

Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: July 11, 2012 09:46PM

No, it is not. Shamar Rinpoche has two signatures - one in Tibetan script and one Western - and uses them interchangeably. For an example of Shamar's "Tibetan" signature see:

[www.kagyuoffice.org]

The linked letter was witnessed by Urgyen Tulku so I do not know how one would question the authenticity of the signature. In any case - had the letter been forged do you not think that Shamarpa would have gone public to expose the fraud?
Most probably the Shamarpa's letter genuine it is just interesting that Shamar Rimpoche in English language letter would use his Tibetan signature?
Plus your given link does not provide with his signature unfortunately and knowing the controversy and resent development with the court cases there is not much of credibility in example given above.
Why Shamarpa and Karmapa do not sort out Ole's behavior it is a mistery for me but I guess there is an explanation to that.

Posted by: puella ()
Date: July 11, 2012 09:49PM

[www.southlondon-today.co.uk]

“While Diamond Way Buddhism is not political, one of our teachers, Lama Ole Nydahl, has made personal statements on world affairs in press interviews.
“The occasional comments he has made about radical Islam have been grouped together and circulated in order to cause offence.”

That statement could not be further from the truth. Anti-Muslim and Ant-Islam ideology is intrinsically interwoven into diamond way religious world view and into its doctrine. It is a diamond way definite tenet.
When I was young I used to regularly practice with Nydahl. Every time we meditated with him (and meditation is something which goes very, very deep) at the meditation stage of Refuge Nydahl used to say that we would lose Buddha’s blessing if we turn to Islam. EVERY SINGLE MEDITATION, EVERY TIME.
So this threat of possibility of losing the Buddha’s blessing was an integral part of diamond way meditation practice.
Of course it is not printed in official meditation texts but that’s how he meditates and teaches to meditate.
I remember around 2004 Nydahl sent a letter to his centres saying that he was disappointed with diamond way buddhists discussing Islam. He wrote how dissatisfied he was with his students discussing politics instead focusing on practice.
Haw hypocritical was that? The point of the matter being that Ant-Islamic views are bulked together with Buddhist teaching in Ole Nydahl’s school and come together in the process of learning how to meditate.
Nydahl’s statements about Islam are by all means no occasional statements. They are integral part of his teaching curriculum which he repeats during every lecture, every day.
Nydahl obviously gained a support of the British Conservative Party to eventually have his Beaufoy Institute extension planning approved.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.