Current Page: 90 of 197
Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: November 09, 2011 02:06AM

My first message got lost in the space, now I try to repeat what I posted before.

To Alexander Nevsky: Is there nothing of what Sogyal did to women that could bring you to think of your respect to him? Interesting. The most cults are full of people like that.

My experiences are different to Mimis: I was abused as a secret Karma-Mudra in the Kalachakra-Tantra by Ole Nydahl and the so called Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje.

No one knew. No one saw. No one did believe at the beginning. It was a life in deep lonelinness.

I first was pushed in a degree of awareness where I found myself as a woman of pure energy and consciousness, without body and thoughts. This state is called Bardo, one of the secret six yogas of Naropa, in which I was pushed in through sexualmagic rituals. Ask Ole Nydahl, perhaps he will explain how that works.
The Bardo-state has tremendous powerful emanations in body and soul, they even could be irreversible, and I handle them over seven years now.

What about sex on the way to enlightenment? The Dalai Lama says:

"When we experience subtler level of minds, this level of consciousness can then be transformed into wisdom that understand is emptiness, selflessness.In order to do this, first the practitioner has to stop the grosser levels of consciousness,and to do this, it is necessary to bring about the change of the movement of the white and red basic constituents. This is where sex becomes involved. The strongest change in the level of consciousness that can be utilized by a practitioner occurs during sex. Because of this fact, sex is used as a technique of tantric path.”

Therefrom they need consorts. They need consorts in that special Bardo-state then
"they are females who possess advanced experiences of tantric transformation and control and are therefore able to increase the blissful wisdom of a highly qualified practitioner. There is a certain point in the mastery of the completion stage when physically embracing such a consort is necessary for bringing all the pervading energy winds into the central channel, a prerequisite for opening the heart center completely and experiencing the profoundest level of clear light." Introduction to Tantra by Lama Yeshe

Where are all the consorts gone? Did you ever see them? Did you ever know them? Did you ever believe in her story?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: November 09, 2011 03:16AM

SteveLpool
I imagine that most people turn towards 'alternative faiths' when the pressures of everyday life become too confusing. This was certainly one of the reasons why I looked into Buddhism. Having been exposed to several sound bites and quotes I found something which resonated with me and I decided to look deeper. In Buddhism I found a series of methods for systematically examining the mind while engaging with it at the same time. For me it was more than a little frightening at first. In Buddhism I found I couldn't blame anyone else for the events in my life, be they good or bad. I found the culprit was me and this was a little depressing at first. Thankfully, Buddhism also offers methods for dealing with the culprit.

I think to really commit to this path of 'self destruction' requires real strength and courage but if I had the strength and courage in the first place why would I seek a crutch like Buddhism?

This is why I think Buddhism (and other religions who do insist on 'faith') is fertile soil for abusers. I suspect that many of the people who turn to Buddhism do so because they're looking for reassurance, certainty and meaning. The carrot is kept dangling tantalisingly close.... enlightenment or liberation. Devote yourself to you teacher/guru and the carrot can be yours. I have seen this kind of devotion in action. It's like a sedative. Devotees become like speep walkers, attending talk after talk, recieving blessing after blessing and initiation after initiation. They feel good, they feel safe. The guru becomes valium. It's addictive.

When you are suitably sedated you are in danger of becoming totally compliant.

Buddhism has been a wonderful tool for me. I would urge everyone to investigate their 'self' but it is absolutely essential that you remain vigilant and critical throughout the process. I consider myself a bit of a 'tough nut to crack' but I fell for the 'serve your guru' bullshit. I didn't want to spend long hours raising the value of the sangha leaders property by renovating it, but I found myself doing just that. I can't believe I was so docile. Thankfully, I never surrendered my critical faculties. I always wanted to know who said it, why they said it and who decided they were an authority to say it.

I may have an different perspective on Buddhism than the other contributors on this forum but here are my conclusions after 13 years of practice.

There is no reassurance because you face life alone. There is no certainty because all things, at all times, are are always changing. There is no meaning to life because there is nobody out there to give it any meaning. It's you, all alone. I suspect that when I have the courage to accept this then I have created the conditions for enlightenment.

So do not surrender. You're guru cannot see into your mind and is therefore not an authority on YOU. Your guru or teacher can provide information which you can use to give you the strength for face the world alone. If your guru or teacher cultivates an atmosphere where his/her students become more dependant on him/her then smell the rat and get out fast!

If they start talking about supernatural events (Buddha's manifesting in clouds around them) and you want to experience the same you've missed the point and need to examine your motivation. If you start to experience these manifestations then I suspect the conditioning from your guru has been successful. It's either that or you're crazy.

Steve

i would not be able to say it better! with your permission i would like to copy and give other people to read it before they decide to enter any Buddhist centre or group .

Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: November 09, 2011 03:54AM

we all live in this world and by looking for answers we do all sorts of different things ,try drugs , join different groups. for some Buddhism has all the answers and by entering Buddhist centre or group somehow we surrender our judgement, not from very beginning but slowly ,especially if the teaching explained to us are appealing.
As i see through out this forum, BUDDHISM is being hijacked by people who used teachings for their own gain.
my question is; what would Buddha do by seeing what is happening to his teachings?

Posted by: suenam ()
Date: November 09, 2011 05:42AM

Thank you much for your insightful posts Thomas, for me this raises at least one important issue,

ThomasKent
2) I thought he was very right-wing, in fact an extremist. Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche once said to us 'If you want an example of a Buddhist fundamentalist, that is Lama Ole'. I did ask a high lama, unfortunately I forget whom, whether it was OK to attend Lama Ole's teachings and they said yes.

Now from my perspective this idea of a "Buddhist fundamentalist" seems to be a contradiction in terms. How can an extremist teach the middle way?
Ole's worldly absolutism flies in the face of Buddhist doctrine. One of the four thoughts refers to impermanence and the idea of a universe in flux - how is it then possible to reconcile that with such conservatism?

I suggested in an earlier post that one of the major issues Ole has with Islamic fundamentalism is that it aims at exactly the same ground that Ole himself covets.

In fact this goes deeper, as you also decribe other aspects commonly associated with such an authoritarian attitude such as the idea of being addicted to power, being short tempered and intolerant, and the sexual proclivity, all of which completely contradict the idea of renouncing worldly concerns. How is it then possible that someone who seems so utterly opposed to the doctrine of emptiness call themselves a Buddhist?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2011 05:44AM by suenam.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 09, 2011 07:07AM

And...where do former consorts go when they have misgivings?

There has to be sheer terror anyone you dare confide in (including most psychotherapists) might:

Label you as being in league with the Chinese Communists

That your own practice is flawed and you are projecting your own hang ups onto the situation

(Notice that gurus are always excused on grounds they are special and they cant be understood. Their victims are never given this kind of free pass)

Deflect by claiming "But my teacher hasnt done this" or say "Oh that isnt my experience"

That anyone who dares to speak out concerning tantric abuse is envious or was displaced in the guru's affections by someone else

*Become defensive because the friend or the therapist is emotionally invested in various idealized images of Tibetan Buddhism, especially of the Dalai Lama

* You may fear tha your therapist or other confidante might take a creepy and prurient interest

* You may fear you will be labelled crazy or that you're jealous because you are no longer the guru's favorite and were replaced by someone else

*You will be told "But look at all those scholars and celebrities who support teacher X"

These are the big guns that someone has to face if he or she dares speak up and attempt to state that they were sexually used and that this was rationalized as tantric practice.

Corboy, private citizen suggests:

If wearing brocade, silk and rich jewelry, if sexual tantrism were effective methods to rapid enlightenment, Buddha would not have left the palace, left his wife and dancing girls, and would not have handed over his weapons, ornaments and robes to his attendant.

Buddha also spent a lot of space in the sutras critiquing the complex rituals and the Brahmins who were in charge of the rituals. He offered an alternative to the hierarchical caste system of his day and said that virtue was what mattered, not what social class you were born into.

What we have in the Himalayan and other Vajrayana lineages is a stew of feudal baronies and indigenous shamanic practices with an overlay of Buddhist terminology and imagry.

Its like taking a Model T car engine and dropping it inside a Prius.

Posted by: Sile ()
Date: November 09, 2011 07:33AM

True Buddhism encourages you not to be sedated, but to "wake up." It is true you are told to be responsible for yourself a lot more in Buddhism, I feel, than in other religions. I agree that this can feel lonely. But I think it feels lonely in the same way that a teenager feels lonely having to finally do something for him/herself for the first time; it's a logical progression toward maturation.

One can't judge all of Buddhism by the actions of this teacher or that teacher any more than one can judge all of Lutheranism by the terrifying sermons in rural Missouri Synod chapels ;)

As someone raised Seventh-Day Adventist, I'm not unfamiliar with cult issues. (Apologies to any fellow SDA here; I remain grateful for a kind and gentle upbringing, wonderful and loving fellowship, and a shared history. By cult issues, I'm referring among other things to the strong pressure to join/remain with the church).

With that background, then, I, too, am shy of dogma, and certainly any dogma that involves pressure to "keep attending" something. I've never personally had any fellow Buddhist even ask where I've been (after absences of years, lol!), much less call me up and pressure me to "attend" anything. If your experience has been different, I'm sorry, and encourage you to try a different group (if in fact you're still interested in Buddhism).

Different teachers incorporate different levels of Tibetan culture into their practice. For example, the "master-apprentice" relationship is still alive and well in Tibetan culture. As westerners, we are so far removed from anything approaching that level of dedicated obeisance, that even the hint of it turns us off. Most Tibetan "masters," though, are not out there peddling some kind of slave sex; when they talk about the "guru" relationship, that's to be understood much in the sense of the relationship you'd have as an apprentice painter. And quite frankly, most Tibetan masters don't suggest anything NEAR the level of "obedience" required of first year medical students. But because Tibetan masters are foreign, and often if we're seeking out Buddhism we may have been burned by some other "cult" or religion, it is very easy to freak out and fall prey to negative rumors about this or that teacher.

I feel the Dalai Lama is himself a very good place to start, for the leery. He gives very broad, almost ecumenical teachings, to the point that many Tibetans in the audience can end up being disappointed (having hoped for a more Tibetan-style teaching). He likes to make that point, in fact--that it's not about Tibetanism, it's about Buddhism.

I'm certainly not trying to shove anyone toward Buddhism who doesn't want it--but it would be a shame if so much of this wonderful philosophy were given a bad name unfairly, either by failed teachers, or by disingenuous rumor-mongering.

Posted by: Alexander Nevsky ()
Date: November 09, 2011 06:02PM

suenam
I suggested in an earlier post that one of the major issues Ole has with Islamic fundamentalism is that it aims at exactly the same ground that Ole himself covets.

Exactly, exactly!

Suenam what relates to your earlier question Re: Dublin Sangha.
As far as I know they were not all Polish. The actual split of the Sangha was made a by Polish girl Anna and her colleagues: German Eric and Irish Keith. (Keith is the only Irish student remaining; the rest were either excluded or left over the course of events.) The faceless mob was mostly Polish, however not entirely.

I think around 2007 Anna, Keith and Eric organized series of extrajudicial executions, when students were excluded and disenfranchised from Diamondway Sangha. The executions were organized in the form of public lynching. Lynchings were carried out by the mob (officially) by carefully orchestrated by the above named people. As it was the mob who was an actor, officially no one was responsible.

The purpose of this exercise: seizure of power and control of course. Ole's reaction to these facts, though, was probably the most surprising part of the spectacle.

Date: November 09, 2011 11:13PM

Ouote:

"And...where do former consorts go when they have misgivings?
There has to be sheer terror anyone you dare confide in (including most psychotherapists) might:
Label you as being in league with the Chinese Communists
That your own practice is flawed and you are projecting your own hang ups onto the situation
(Notice that gurus are always excused on grounds they are special and they cant be understood. Their victims are never given this kind of free pass)
Deflect by claiming "But my teacher hasnt done this" or say "Oh that isnt my experience"
That anyone who dares to speak out concerning tantric abuse is envious or was displaced in the guru's affections by someone else

*Become defensive because the friend or the therapist is emotionally invested in various idealized images of Tibetan Buddhism, especially of the Dalai Lama
* You may fear tha your therapist or other confidante might take a creepy and prurient interest
* You may fear you will be labelled crazy or that you're jealous because you are no longer the guru's favorite and were replaced by someone else
*You will be told "But look at all those scholars and celebrities who support teacher X"

These are the big guns that someone has to face if he or she dares speak up and attempt to state that they were sexually used and that this was rationalized as tantric practice."

You are right, but now we have to change something.

The most importened is to break down the walls of their monopole of leading definitions, as you described above. June Campell, the secret consort of Kalu, waited twenty years with her coming out, but that was stunning. Her book "Traveller in Space" is the first publikation about this kind of abuse. We need a lot of testimonials and we should never allowed to be scared. So I am waiting for Mimis book. Hopefully it will be published!

I live in Germany and there are some women, who were badly treated through secret transferences. Networking in this cases is quite difficult but the first step to come out. We are just beginners. Places like this forum also help.

I am going to publish my story in a famous magazin and intend to write a book too. And I try to arraign my case, the reason is mayhem, violation of cerebral metabolism. That is a new strategy against the abusers of technics of trance-and hypnosis, I hope, it works.

We have chances in our western society the tantric masters do not even dream of.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 09, 2011 11:42PM

Apologies:

Can you state again what 'secret transferances' are?

I want to tell you that I was never involved in a tantric situation.

However, twenty years ago, I was emotionally entangled. I was told by my spiritual advisor that I had a special destiny.

He used stronger language than that, and for privacy sake I dont want to state what it was.

The effect on me was:

*A combination of excitement, feeling flattered, and at the same time fear that I was all the more vulnerable to diabolical assault

* I feared to think about this matter because doing so would prove I had an arrogant attitude and render me unworthy, so I dared not think long enough about the situation to wonder why Teacher X had told me such stuff--whether perhaps he was deluded.

*I dared not tell anyone else for fear of being ridiculed

* I dared not tell anyone else for fear they would think that Teacher X was crazy--so I was protecting my teacher

*I felt all the more dependent upon Teacher X because being told this left me confused and fostered my greater dependence on Teacher X.

None of this was accompanied by sexual intercourse and it was damaging enough to me.

Therefore the impact must be incalculably more powerful if one is a secret sexual consort.

Date: November 10, 2011 12:29AM

O gosh, you have been swept into a so called double-bind situation, what works best when we are in personal showdowns as you told. There is nothing else to do than to put the blame on the teacher, who misabuses your psychic pain. For reflection we mostly need other persons to support us in this process.

What are secret transferences: Imagine, you are sitting between hundred of people and in your mind suddenly appears a mantra, which was not in your thoughts. And the guru is looking at you.

Imagine, you are sitting between hundreds of people and at your back emerges a hot, very hot bodyfeeling, and the guru is looking at you saying let us exchange male and female energies, when we are together.

And you sitting again between hundreds of people and the guru is celebrating a female sacrify while looking at you, what means, he offers you to his teacher, he forms the offering-mudra with his hands and through his mind Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje gives you the Boddhisattva-name "Highest Wisdom"

Imagine, you stand beneath the guru, again between hundreds of people, you are in a deep meditation, like a somnambul trance and later you are told, the guru had spent a lot of time with you and you can not remeber anything. The guru was Ole Nydahl

Current Page: 90 of 197

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.