Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Simon KADDY aka Simon KADWILL aka Simon KADWELL - Truth Fellowship
Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: July 29, 2008 10:44AM

In October last year a missing persons report was filed in Australia in relation to 27 year old Chantelle MCDOUGALL and her 6 year old daughter Leela by Chantelle's parents Jim and Cathy MCDOUGALL.

Chantelle and Leela were sharing a house in Nannup, Western Australia with two other males, one who has also been reported missing by his brother - 40 year old flat mate Antonio POPIC.

The house was abandoned with all of their belongings left behind and untouched. There has been no word or sighting of any of them since July last year.

Family and friends hold grave concerns for their safety.

Extensive enquiries by police and family members have failed to locate any trace of the missing persons. It is believed they have not left their country or used their bank accounts or mobile phones.

Of particular interes and concern, is that the missing people are believed to be in the company of a Simon KADDY aka Simon KADWILL
aka Simon KADWELL.

The subject is believed to be the author of, Servers of the Divine Plan and The New Call and is regarded to be a doomsday writer.

He has promoted his ideas through an internet group known as the Truth Fellowship and an online forum known as the Gateway.

He is believed to be aged approximately 45 years and is known to have has resided in the United Kingdom, in the "new age" town of Glastonbury in 1998 and 2000. He has also resided in Victoria, Australia.

He has been previously linked to anothe woman called Deborah, with a child named Daniel

If anyone has any information at all regarding the subject, or the Truth Fellowship it would be much appreciated.

Please feel free to PM me in confidence.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2008 10:51AM by private eyes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Simon KADDY aka Simon KADWILL aka Simon KADWELL - Truth Fellowship
Date: August 07, 2008 02:23PM

Brazil link to missing Nannup residents

Reported in thewest.com.au today 7th August 2008, 8:30 WST

The search for a family who disappeared from WA more than a year ago in mysterious circumstances is now centred on an isolated Brazilian town known for its religious cults.

The West Australian understands that former internet cult leader Englishman Simon Kadwell, 45, Chantelle McDougall, 27, their daughter Leela, 6, and friend Tony Popic, 40, may have sneaked out of the country to New Zealand before travelling to Rio Branco, in Brazil’s east.

It can also be revealed that police have evidence that Mr Popic booked into paid accommodation in Perth city, possibly with Ms McDougall and Leela, on July 16 last year.

This confirmed sighting of Mr Popic was just three days after what had been considered the last sighting of any of the quartet in Busselton, where they had sold a car for $4000 to a local dealer and drove away in a waiting vehicle.

Detectives believe Mr Popic, Ms McDougall and Leela may have made their way to New Zealand soon after the sighting in Perth.

It is understood police believe Mr Kadwell may have already left for Brazil to find accommodation for the group.

None of the missing adults has used their bank accounts or mobile phones since their disappearance.

Ms McDougall’s father Jim said yesterday that his daughter had told him during their last conversation on July 13 last year — the day the quartet went missing from their rented accommodation in Nannup — that they were going to live in a small religious community on the outskirts of Rio Branco.

Rio Branco is known as a base for secretive religious cults which are involved in nature worship and consume hallucinogenic liquids which they believe help them reach an elevated state of mind.

When the owner of their Nannup property went to the house in the days after they left the town, he found a note on the front door which read, “Gone to Brazil”.

Mr McDougall said he had thought the family’s Brazil trip was a cover story after he made unsuccessful attempts to locate them through the Australian embassy in Brasilia.

But after being made aware yesterday of Rio Branco’s strong association with cults, he said: “That sounds exactly like Simon’s kind of place — isolated, secretive and somewhere he could indulge his desire to become a religious leader of sorts.”

Mr McDougall said he was considering travelling to Brazil to try to find his daughter.

“I desperately want to find them and now that there is some clearer indication of where they might be, we’ll think very strongly about heading over there to look for them,” he said.

Det-Sen. Sgt Casey Prins of the major crime squad said detectives were aware of claims the quartet had gone to Brazil and had been in contact with authorities there. But they had not found any evidence that the group were in Brazil or that they had left Australia.

While living in WA, Mr Kadwell operated a secretive doomsday internet forum called The Gateway.

He was called Si on the chat forum, which involved about 40 members around the world, who referred to themselves as The Forecourt — a religious reference to the place where believers wait for “judgment day”.

Ms McDougall’s parents have accused Mr Kadwell of brainwashing and seducing their daughter when, as a 17-year-old, she started babysitting for him and his partner, Deborah, in 1998.

The teenager had been introduced to Mr Kadwell and Deborah through friends in Victoria and would follow them to WA, Britain and back again.

By September 2000, Mr Kadwell, Deborah, their son Daniel and Ms McDougall were living in WA.

The same year, Ms McDougall, who was pregnant, and Mr Kadwell moved to a rented house in Floreat, where they continued to believe that the planet was on “red alert” and it was time for “awakening servers of the divine plan” to come forward. Mr Popic moved in with them.

With baby Leela, the couple and Mr Popic moved to Denmark.

In 2004, the group shifted to Nannup, where Ms McDougall worked at a fish and chip shop and taught swimming. Mr Popic lived in a caravan at the rear of their property.

Story by Journalist: RONAN O’CONNELL

Date: July 24, 2009 01:24PM

WA Police hunt for missing cult family leads to house in UK
www.thewest.com.au 24th July 2009

Police have made a major breakthrough in their hunt for a missing family linked to an internet cult with the discovery of a property being rented in Britain under one of their names.

Jim McDougall, the father of missing 28-year-old woman Chantelle McDougall, said WA Police had told him recently they had found a rental property in the name of their daughter’s partner and former internet cult leader Englishman Simon Kadwell.

He said police had not revealed the location of the property but had told him they had enlisted the help of Interpol to investigate the lead.

Mr McDougall said a detective had contacted him yesterday, asking if Mr Kadwell had any tattoos or identifiable markings. Mr McDougall told the detective that he had only ever seen Mr Kadwell in long sleeves.

Mr McDougall said the manner of the questioning made him think the “police might have found someone and are trying to work out if it is him (Mr Kadwell)”.

Mr Kadwell, 46, Ms McDougall, 28, their daughter Leela, eight, and friend Tony Popic, 42, were last seen on July 13, 2007 in Busselton where they sold a car for $4000 to a local dealer and drove away in a waiting vehicle.

Police initially thought that they may have sneaked out of the country to New Zealand before travelling to Rio Branco, a Brazilian city known for its religious cults.

Investigators and relatives have had grave concerns for their wellbeing because they have not accessed their bank accounts or contacted loved ones.

Mr McDougall, who is travelling the Eastern States with his wife plastering missing persons posters featuring Chantelle and Leela, said he was excited about the fresh lead in the case.

He said it was the first significant piece of information on their whereabouts since they disappeared.

“It’s pretty good news and it’s just another stone (turned over) that they may get some information from,” Mr McDougall said. “I think they thought they (police) might be able to find his birth certificate over there and then might be able to find his parents. Because his name popped up they were going to try to do that.”

While in WA, Mr Kadwell operated a secretive doomsday internet forum called The Gateway. He was called Si in the chat forum, which involved about 40 members around the world who referred to themselves as “the Forecourt” — a religious reference to the place where believers wait for “judgment day”.

Mr McDougall and his wife Kath have accused Mr Kadwell of brainwashing and seducing their daughter when, as a 17-year-old, she started babysitting for him and his partner, Deborah, in 1998.

The teenager had been introduced to Mr Kadwell and Deborah through friends in Victoria and followed them to WA, Britain and back.

By September 2000, Mr Kadwell, Deborah, their son Daniel and Chantelle were living in WA. The same year, Chantelle, who was pregnant, and Mr Kadwell moved to a rented house in Floreat where they continued to believe that the planet was on “red alert” and it was time for “awakening servers of the divine plan” to come forward.

Mr Popic moved in with them. With baby Leela, the couple and Mr Popic moved to Denmark. The group shifted to Nannup in 2004 where Ms McDougall worked at a fish and chip shop and taught swimming. Mr Popic lived in a caravan at the rear of their property.

Police declined to comment.

Story written by RONAN O’CONNELL of the West Australian newspaper

This story, whilst having a very positive apect, is also deeply concerning. It has been suspected, that given Simon KADWELL's has used various aliases, that he could have access to a passport under a different name. The geographical profiling model, suggests that people return to their roots and familiar surroundings and it is therefore, very likely that KADWELL would surface in the United Kingdom.

Of concern is that both McDOUGALL and POPIC are real names ( making access to false passports more difficult) and if they are not with KADWELL, what has happened to them?

If anyone has any knowledge of their whereabouts or any knowledge or information regarding the Truth Fellowship or The Forecourt, please PM me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 01:32PM by private eyes.

Date: August 30, 2009 02:30AM

Further investigations into this matter have led Investigators to believe that Simon KADWILL is in fact, Gary FELTON.

FELTON allegedly stole the identity of Simon KADWILL, a former colleague of his, twenty years ago in the UK.

The real Simon KADWILL only became aware of his identity theft when he was stopped at an airport in connection with the disappearances.

Information is still being sought in relation to any of the missing people.

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: September 01, 2009 01:53AM

Hi,Private Eyes.
Firstly, I very much hope that anyone having information that could lead to reunification of parents with their daughter and grandchild will do the right thing and let the police or others know where they are.
I am a little concerned though that you suggest people PM you "in confidence"
There was a dossier of information that was collected on the Jesus Christian group recently.

I believe you might have been involved in at least the early stages of gathering information for this??
The information from this dossier which apparently included personal information on ex members ( though I haven't read it, but from comments others have made, things like bank account numbers,relatives phone numbers, social security numbers, and allegations made by the current group members aginst ex group members, were apparently included in some cases) and this dossier with obviously personal information was apparently circulated to media outlets and some other individuals as well as cult education groups.

Apparently it was enough information that at least in some cases there was a possible risk of identity theft.

May I ask how you feel about what happened to ex members' personal information in that case?
Were you involved with the gathering or dissemination of that information?
Do you intend to do the same with any personal information gathered in this situation?
WHo will you give the information to?
Think it is important to get those kind of questions answered up front,, and then if people choose to give personal information at least they know whether or not it will be kept private.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 01:55AM by yasmin.

Date: September 01, 2009 05:23PM

Hi Yasmin,

I will humour you with a response, as this is an very important issue involving peope who are missing in very suspicious circumstances. Obviously, information is being sought in an effort to locate them. I do have an interest in the mattter, as a Police Licensed Investigator.

From the outset I should state that this matter has absolutely nothing to do with the Jesus Christians. I do trust that everytime I have something to say about another cult, you won't pop up to inject the Jesus Christians into the subject.

In regards to my invitation that people PM me in confidence. This is merely opening the door, so that people who may have information (but who may be reluctant to share it in a public forum) don't feel any embarrassment by sending me a PM. I think some matters are probably best handled off the board, if people wish to keep their information private, which seems to be your concern.

In regards to the so called Jesus Christians dossier and in fact any matter involving the Jesus Christians, my advice is not to believe everything you read. There is so much misinformation being written across three Forums now, I think any person in their right mind would be hard pressed to make any sense of it all.

I will provide two examples of claims made about the dossiers, that I believe to be false. Social Security numbers. There was (I believe) one number in the dossier and that belonged to a person who is long deceased and so is now on public record. In regards to Bank account numbers, the only numbers (that I am aware of) were those allegedly being used to channel funds to the cult.

I have collaborated with a number of persons regarding documenting the Jesus Christians history. My desire is always to remain sensitive to
ex members, but they themselves, realise they are part of that history. Some are more comfortable than others in sharing information about themselves.

I did exchange some heavily edited material (but obviously not edited enough) with a view to (over time) gaining co-operation in validating the information. Unfortunately, it is public record now that some of the information was misused and recently distributed (not by me) in its rawest form. This was over two years ago. Basically, what Dave McKAY has in his hands now is some very old rough notes that was added to by the person who distributed it, but not considered by me, to be official documentation.

I do not claim authorship of any of the material that was recently distributed on the Jesus Christians, nor did I authorise or approve of its distribution.

Whilst, I have not seen what has been distributed recently, I do know that a lot of the information in the dossiers may appear on the face of it to have some devious intent (to a lay person), but really can be explained quite simply. For example, authorities obviously need to know who to contact regarding any claims that are made against the group. So providing them with contact details will be helpful to them ie a potential witness list.

I have continued to actively pursue my research of the Jesus Christians and any information collected on the group is distributed to legitimate authorities where it can be afforded adequate data protection.

If I claim authorship, it is under my name and on my company letterhead. It always carries the following wording: PRIVILIGED STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL FOR THE USE AND CONSIDERATION OF LEGAL ADVISORS IN CONNECTION WITH ANTICIPATED AND CURRENT LITIGATION.

My suggestion on this thread is to keep it focussed on finding the missing persons.

My suggestion on the Jesus Christians and Dave McKAY is for everyone to keep the focus on him and don't allow yourself to be derailed by petty squabbling, attention seeking behaviours, anger displacement, personal agendas and spin.

Date: September 02, 2009 02:18AM

Thank you for your reply, Private Eyes.I did feel that issues of confidentiality were and are germane to this discussion/thread topic.

Note for those interested in communicating wth a police licensed investigator and wishing to check their credentials; as the title suggests, these people are required to be licensed and have a license number, which you can request before communicating.
"Police Licensed Investigator" appears to be an Australian P.I. title, per google, and the NSW Police Security Dept can verify who holds the license number if called ( their number is 1 300 362 001). Am not sure if they cover licenses held in all the Australian states, but I am sure they could refer you to other numbers if needed.The Dept of Fair Trading (02) 133 220 can tell you if there are any issues they have on record about the person.

With regard to information on the missing persons, the National Missing Persons Center has a freecall number : 1800 000 634 where information on missing persons can be reported, and also a website where anonymous reports can be made.

On the internet, a quick google search of popic missing person revealed the top site as being a Womans' Day site that included 2007 photos and information on these missing people; though I don't have the technical ability to do so, perhaps private eyes you are able to scan in the photos, as this may help in finding someone who has seen or knows something about them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 02:21AM by yasmin.

Date: September 02, 2009 10:46AM

Yasmin Quote: "I did feel that issues of confidentiality were and are germane to this discussion/thread topic."

Yasmin, I appreciate that may have been a feeling you had, but they are not germane to this thread. The search for these missing people is not a confidential matter. The matter has been widely reported in the media. In missing persons cases, family members may hire Investigators and the media certainly do and you can expect there to be numerous Investigators competing for information on this case. The Maddie McCann case is another example of where literally dozens of Investigators could be seeking information for their various clients.

One of the Forum rules is: Please note the general topic headings listed at the main page of this forum and the related subheadings of each thread. Posting random statements about unrelated subjects is not appreciated.

Turning the thread into firstly, a discussion about how some information on another cult became public and secondly, on how to check out a PIs credentials is not relevant and detracts from the purpose of the thread. Thirdly, listing an alternative reporting source in context with my second point, may suggest to readers that you are deliberately trying to get people not to share information with me. This may not have been your intention, but that is how it may come across.

One of the reasons people hire Investigators it is often because traditional measures have failed. Authorities are often not able to put adequate resources into every case due to conflicting priorities or budgetary constraints.

Private Investigators can dedicate time and offer a fresh alternative and perspective to traditional methods. They can often access information that authorities can't. Put simply, many people don't like talking to Police or the Media.

This thread has allowed the information about the missing persons to be exposed to a wider audience and one that is particularly focussed on researching information on cultic groups. If you have some relevant information about the missing people, please share it, that it the purpose of the thread.

However, if your concerns are to do with any personal issues regarding myself (based on ill informed comments by others, you may have read on the internet) or how PIs operate, please PM me and I will be happy to assist you privately, so we can keep this thread on track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 11:06AM by private eyes.

Date: September 02, 2009 05:27PM

Hi Private Eyes.

I am aware that confidentiality does not apply to missing persons.

That is why i suggested scanning images of the missing persons, which are readily available on the net.
You ignored this.
May I suggest again, images of the child and adults who are missing would probably help others to identify them.
Are there missing person images you can scan without issues of copyright problems?

In a group described in this way, where name changes have occured in the past, and where people may be on the run from the outside world, it is possible that they may be using different names. Hence the pictures.

While it is possible that someone outside the group may randomly recognise the adults and little girl, it is likely that anyone who has been involved in a group like this is going to be less naive and trusting than the general population ,rather than the reverse.

Hence information on how to verifty your stated credentials may be of importance to someone trying to decide whether or not to trust you and give you information.

As you say, not everyone trusts the police or media.And some may want to post in complete anonymity , and I also included links so they could do that. Actually I agree with you that often a private eye may be more intensely involved in a search and more likely to follow up on leads.
I understand that there are potentially other PI's competing for information, and assuming you are who you say you are, wish you well in your search.And wish others well in their search too.The important thing is that these people are found, wherever the information comes from.
In response to your question: if I had had any information about these people, I would already have passed it on to the proper authorities.My heart goes out to the parents of the missing people.

Again, at the risk of being redundant, photos/images of those involved may be useful.

Date: September 02, 2009 08:51PM

Hi Yasmin,

I apologise for appearing to ignore the positive sugggestion in your post, I was actually just taking some time to see how that could be best managed.

In consultation we feel there are a range of photographs readily available on various sites and we don't want to necessarily direct people to one Police or media site or the other.

However, if people Google, either:

Chantelle McDOUGALL, Leela McDOUGALL or Antonio POPIC, they should find a range fairly easily.

Images of Gary FELTON, who has being using the names Simon KADDY, Simon KADWILL and Simon KADWELL can be more easily found on Western Australian media sites sites, such as Perth Now and The West Australian newspapers site. The technicality with FELTON is he wasn't officially regarded as a Missing Person, because none of his relatives have reported him missing. So providing a link to the Australian Federal Police site (for example) doesn't provide an image of him, only of the others.

The missing person reports have been lodged by relatives of the McDOUGALL's and POPIC. Basically, they just want to know that that their family members are safe.

My purpose in using this site is that I felt that there are probably people who have been involved in New Age cults and may already be familiar with the name Simon KADWELL, the group the Truth Fellowship and The Forecourt of be familar with the books associated with the group. So this was a more strategic and targetted line of inquiry, rather than than the general missing persons information being circulated about the subjects.

Rest assured Yasmin that I am pretty sure that I am who I say I am. Equally, I am pretty sure I am not who Dave says I am and we both know that you're not who he is now saying you are either. Thank you for your suggestions, good wishes and your concern regarding this matter.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 08:59PM by private eyes.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.