Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Isha Foundation, Sadhguru
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:06PM

A discipline, even thousands of years old, is not the same as modern science. Confirmation bias and placebo effect were not understood back then.

Science originated from religion is another common assertion.

Among other things, science needs record keeping and methods of quantification. These were refined and developed during the middle ages in Europe and laid a necessary foundation. One also needed information sharing, something impossible in caste societies of India.

"..consciousness is one of those concepts that comes preloaded with a plethora of non-scientific connotation.

Sidestep One :Maybe science needs to 'widen its definition'.

(Corboy replies, thats like suggesting that if your team is on a losing streak, the rules of baseball are too restrictive and should be 'widened'.

CMR80606

quasistatic wrote:

Yoga originated in India and it is very comman in every household. Everybody from my aunts, uncles, my mum,my grand-parents do it.

And it is definitely a science. Its true aim in scientific terms is to attain mental peace and that one state of consciousness where your mind is free from any confusions, disturbances or chaos.

You have to reach a mental and physical state where you have complete control of your sense and physical self.

It is somewhat like attaining Nirvana only at a much amateur level. In this process
you can heal your body simply by your mind and science.

So basically its a sort of Nirvana and Noetic Science.

But completely scientific in any case.

Quasi static also stated

UNION with god is the reight explanation. But the idea of God in its true sense as the ancient yogis and saints who developed yoga, was not God in some powerful supreme form..not an omnipotent individual. Union with God merely means a union with your mind..your senses...your sub-conscious mind. After all God is in your mind..he exists if you want him to exist..he is the most powerful thing that creates everything.

And if you notice..your mind is the most powerful thing.Your mind is what creates ideas..or possibilities. The mind makes you do everything. if your mind exists everything else exists. So hinduism is purely based on science..and that you are god..your mind is the the creator.

But all this was not understood by comman man and he mistook it for union with God as in the all powerful supreme being.

This is what Nirvana is all about:gaining complete control of your conscious and sub-conscious mind so that you become God.

Yoga is but a small step..a temporary phase. All science..Religion afterall originated from science!

I agree that Hindu Yoga originated in India. I can make a case that yoga originated in Egypt, and its influence spread to India, where it developed physical as well as mental practices.
However, yoga means UNION (with God). You might as well argue for God being scientific, but clearly God is not scientific and never can be. So yoga is definitely not a science. It can best be described as a discipline, just like many other things such as gymnastics and golf. Anything that helps relax the body and mind could theoretically be described as yoga.

Do people who practice yoga live longer and go to heaven? I don't think so. It's more to do with believing in something that takes your mind off the depressing realities of life in the genosphere.

Quasistatic

March 25th, 2010, 12:50 PM
science is not merely written text or patented theories.
Discoveries made by pre-historic man, small inventions by the first humans dating back thousands of years before the very idea of religion was formed..is also science. Science isn't only academics.
Ancient Greeks and chinese only started recording their discoveries. Any idea that generates progress is science. Besides the very idea of God and religion evolved from science. Let me give you an example, what do you think is the idea of re-incarnation or let's say the existence of a soul and its sustainence after death?
"Energy is neither created nor destroyed. It can only be transformed from one form to another." A very fundamental law of science...so the fact that your sould persists or takes some other form is only energy changing form.
So scientific laws and theories were told to the average man in forms of miracles and preached in a way that he can understand them by the very people who knew their true scientific meaning...the saints! But the real meaning never caught on and generations of men have changed religion to mere stories of miracles and omnipotent individuals with magic.

Regarding who came first:If your mind exists..the world exists. When you die everything ceases to exist. So
your mind creates the world around you.
Scientifically there isn't any proof that an individual sitting somewhere in space created the very space he's sitting in! If there was nothing before the creation of the universe,how can god, if he exists, as matter, exist?

So basically that one supreme power that controls everything is your mind! nothing or nobody else. We are all praising the most powerful thing in the universe-our mind.

Skeptic wrote:

To quasistatic

While yoga is not a science, it can be studied by science, and has been. There are clear psychological and emotional benefits to doing yoga, along with physical benefits from yogic exercise.

The psychological and emotional benefits are akin to those you obtain from relaxation. The physical benefits can also be obtained from other forms of exercise. I make no judgement about which you choose. Personally, I walk frequently through quiet hills and along a serene beach. From these walks I gain the same physical and emotional benefits.

But that is my choice.

What you do is yours.

Quasistatic ended saying

March 26th, 2010, 01:33 AM
I agree. Personally, i'm not a yoga person.

Inow replied

November 22nd, 2009, 08:58 PM
The question is far too broad. It's like asking, "Is soccer scientific?"

What part of yoga?
What outcomes?

Without a well-defined question, you're doomed not to receive a well-informed answer.

Marcus Clayman

November 22nd, 2009, 09:55 PM

Yoga is based on what yogis like to think of as science(thousands of years of personal experimentation*), but whether or not something is designed around scientific principles doesn't necissarily make it scientific.

*(For thousands of years confirmation bias was not understood, nor was placebo effect -Corboy)

Scientific activities are things that add to, or dissiminate scientific knowledge, I believe. So yoga, in and of itself is not scientific.

Nonetheless science can study yoga, or more precisely the correlations between yogic excersizes and physiological and psychological dynamics.

Forum Sophomore
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date Nov 2009
Posts 126 March 30th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by ox
Science is unlikely ever to fully understand consciousness, let alone subconsciousness. We have debated this one before.

This is only the case because consciousness is one of those concepts that comes preloaded with a plethora of non-scientific connotation. This makes it resistant to a precise scientific definition in much the same way that the concept of life is. You could argue that science doesn't understand life as a single self-contained concept, it can only describe it as a collection of scientific perspectives that might loosely fit the concept.

I suspect consciousness is pretty well the same - science could understand it in so far as it could even be defined scientifically but would be unable to deal with the definitions that arise out of non-scientific disciplines such as yoga.

Here (at start of the thread, someone suggested yoga was science, with his body as the laboratory.

November 22nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
Yoga seems to me to be a investigation into yourself to find the Truth within you. Through meditation (and other practices) that allows you to deepen your awareness of yourself, discarding layer after layer of junk, until you arrive at the core. (it's the best description I can do, sorry)

You yourself are the apparatus.

... or is this kind of stuff off-limits to Science, and if it is isn't that a bit ridiculous ... I mean the one thing that we all walk around with is ourselves, and if it is off-limits to Science isn't that a a bit repressed ? Shouldn't we start here ?

Yes you can MRI the brain as you are thinking - but that's an external investigation.

What about if you use yourself to investigate ?

What would it be like if scientific journals had details of investigations that scientists made on themselves ? "Today I made a 5 hour long investigation of myself using some meditation and discovered ... "

Or is that not allowed ?

The same member said,

November 22nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Perhaps, but if you do a bit a meditation you can at least see something is there to look at.

And if Science does not allow you to look at something this basic and this close to you maybe Science needs to widen it's definition.

A member replied:

i_feel_tiredsleepy

November 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
How would you rule out the placebo affect, observer bias, or mere coincidence?

You can't, you have to include more than one person to get any sort of meaningful result

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 24, 2013 11:19PM

Finally, on the science forum, someone recommended a particular yoga retreat and gave a link, now dead.

Ox replied

Forum Bachelors Degree
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date Mar 2009
Posts 433 August 5th, 2010, 05:35 AM

That is business yoga. They only want your money. They will not help you climb the 8 limbs of yoga because that is pure fantasy, a money making scheme to fool the gullible into thinking that contorting your body, regulating your breath and trying to stop your thoughts through 'meditation' is a way through to spiritual enlightenment. Remember the TM craze? The only person who profited was the Maharishi with his Rolls Royce etc. It was like a pyramid selling scheme. [/quote]

So friends, that offers us a useful term.

Business Yoga.

Is it recruitment based, designed to funnel people into retreats and retain them as profit units?

Free lectures? Posters, billboards, large ads on the sides of buses?

These 'freebies' cost money.

Who pays for them?

Eventually, if you get involved, YOU will pay for all this stuff.

Investigate the financial background of this group.

Two, many an Indian guru gets involved in the Indian political system. Find out if a guru
has ties to the Indian political scene.

Genuine yogis renounced that stuff.

Finally, go to www.xe.com and study the exchange rate for your nations currency and the Indian rupee.

Science Made Simple has a nice currency converter as well.

[www.sciencemadesimple.net]

Hot damn.

Today, August 24, 2013 One US dollar purchases 63 IND rupees. For a long time, the exchange rate was one dollar =38 to 44 rupees.

1.00 USD = 63.3575 INR
US Dollar ¡ê Indian Rupee
1 USD = 63.3575 INR 1 INR = 0.0157835 USD

Friends, the commercial gurus, male and female will have all the more reason to want more donations in the form of US and UK currencies and EUROs

We are valuable folk. Do your research so you dont get fleeced.

These folks want us to ditch analytical thought.

But they hire plenty of accountants and investment advisors to be analytical on their behalf--when teaching us to become as peasants, while retaining capitalist earning power.

And keeping pale face Westerners (especially Brits) waiting with adoring eyes gives them prestige.

In India power is measured by your ability to keep other people waiting. The higher the status of the people you keep waiting, the higher your status.

We Westeners think this is a noble opportunity for humility.

The Indians are secretly amused that we are behaving like abject feudals -- and too foolish to know we are doing this to ourselves.

Gurus taking Credit for Endogenous Neurological Events/Visions
Date: November 09, 2013 10:55PM

THis may be worth reading.

And, anyone wishing to evaluate Jaggi, also needs to read material about Large Group Awareness Training to see whether any such methods are used as well.

Professor David Lane writes about a quite different lineage. But his observations may be worth reading.

These two items by Professor David Lane are well worth a peek.

Very many people seem wired to have auditory or visual neurological events if given suggestions--even by someone who does not identify as a guru.

If someone claims to 'give' such experiences and perhaps adds tecniques used in large Group Awareness Trainings, which facilitate regression, mood swings and bonding--thats heavy duty.

[www.ex-premie.org]

THE KIRPAL STATISTIC
Using Inner Visions to Your Social Advantage

(quote)It turns out that almost everybody has the inherent ability to see inner light and hear inner sound. Moreover, almost everybody has the capacity to have an out-of-body experience and behold wondrous inner visions. You don't need to go to an Indian guru to have such experiences indeed, you don't need to go anywhere at all.

But that's not what Kirpal Singh and his successors told their vast following. Instead, unsuspecting seekers(who number in the thousands) were taught to believe that it was the guru himself, not the disciple, who was orchestrating the elevation of the soul into higher regions. But Kirpal and crew were not being completely forthcoming about the mechanism which governs access to such amazing sights and sounds. That mechanism is the brain and that three pounds of glorious tissue is the lot of all humans.

In the early 1980s when I was teaching religious studies at a Catholic high school, I tried several meditation experiments with my students which convinced me that Kirpal Singh and other gurus like him were taking undue credit for their disciples' inner experiences. In my trial mediation sessions, I informed my students beforehand about the possibility of seeing inner lights and hearing inner sounds.

Naturally, given the boring routine of secondary education, my students were intrigued. I informed them that I knew of an ancient yoga technique that would facilitate their inner voyages. I turned the lights off, instructed them briefly about closing their eyes gently and looking for sparks of light at the proverbial third eye. I told them that I would touch some students on the forehead lightly with my fingers. They meditated for some five minutes. I then proceeded to ask them about their experiences.

[Kirpal Singh invariably did such a process directly after his initiation ceremonies; he also kept a running tally of how many saw stars and so on-something which I have called the 'Kirpal Statistic'.]

To my amazement, since I felt that Kirpal Singh and others were actually transmitting spiritual power, the majority of my students reported seeing light. A few students even claimed to have visions of personages in the middle of the light. Others reported hearing subtle sounds and the like.

I repeated the experiment on four other classes that day. I have also in the past ten years conducted the same experiment on my college students (both undergraduate and graduate). The result, though differing in terms of absolute numbers, is remarkably the same. The majority see and hear something. It doesn't take a neuropsychologist or a sociologist trained in statistics to realize that Kirpal Singh and others were simply tapping into an already built reservoir of meditational possibilities.

What was unique about Kirpal's approach, at least in comparison with other Radhasoami gurus, was that he claimed to be the responsible agent, the medium through which such inner experiences can be transmitted. Kirpal's disciples generally did not question his grandiose claims, since many of them did indeed see and hear something during their meditation. What they, of course, did not fully appreciate was that almost anybody could have induced them to have inner experiences.

[I don't mean to suggest, though, that Kirpal Singh was not a good catalyst, but only that he was not unique and that his success at providing thousands with access to inner lights and sounds was not necessarily connected to his mastership.]

Religious devotees seem overly eager to give up responsibility for their own neurological happenings, believing instead that it takes a 'Master' to draw their attention 'within.' This may or may not be the case (and I am not implying that gurus don't have anything good to offer), but one thing is certain: Kirpal's claims, and others like his, cannot be divorced (as they often are in Sant Mat related groups ) from an initiates own cultural and psychological field of interplay.

It is that interplay, that acceptance as fact of a guru's method and the disciple's own inherent capacity-neurological or mystical-for inner experiences, which fuels the claims of would-be masters.

It seems wise to me, in light of Near-Death Experiences and the plethora of other meditation accounts, to inspect how we see and hear during our inner voyages of light and sound. Then we may be able to understand why such experiences can occur to almost anybody, anywhere, anytime. It may also help us contextualize and appraise the claims of gurus like Kirpal Singh, who insist on taking credit for their disciples' wondrous visions.

If, as I have suggested, that anybody can act as a conduit for such other-worldly experiences, then Kirpal and gurus like him should be judged on some other criteria, since their claims for uniqueness and exclusiveness are anything but unique and exclusive.

The 'Kirpal Statistic' is exactly that: the probable outcome that the majority of meditators, provided the necessary instructions in Shabd or Nad yoga practice, will see and hear something. (unquote)

In a follow up discussion, Lane had a dialogue. Whole thing is worth reading.

Will quote some excerpts.

[dlane5.tripod.com]

(quote)DAVID LANE REPLIES:

Nice story, but it doesn't contradict the results of my experiments.

My point, lest we forget, is a simple one:

Almost anybody, given the right circumstances, can help others
"induce" inner experiences of light and sound.

I did it repeatedly, so have scores of other gurus (both in and out
of Sant Mat circles).

I didn't "transmit" anything.

But I did serve as a catalyst for eliciting that which was already
potentially held in reserve within that grand neural symphony we
call the brain.....

The gurus take undue credit, I believe, for that which is already
self generated.(unquote)

(quote)DAVID LANE REPLIES:

Yes, remember not all of my students saw light and sound.

But, more importantly, nor do ALL of Kirpal's initiates.

I have talked with dozens of Kirpal initiates who NEVER saw light
and sound during the time of initiation, even when Kirpal took them
to another room for a private sitting.

Just one week ago I had dinner with Robert Pirsic, an Austrian
businessman and an initiate of Kirpal Singh, who told me point blank
that he NEVER saw any inner light and NEVER heard any inner sound.

All of this despite the fact that Kirpal Singh took him aside
personally and gave him a one on one meditation sitting.

My point again is obvious:

The variablity of inner experiences and inner sounds can be
dependent upon a number of factors, not the least of which are:

1. The brain

and/or

2. The catalyst

I don't doubt for a second that certain gurus work better than
others in "inducing" cerebral fireworks, just as I don't doubt that
certain "prostitutes" work better than others in "inducing"
orgasmic discharges.

I know the analogy may at first glance seem crude but I don't think
it is.....

Orgasms--no matter how beautiful the lover--is something
self-generated.

The lover merely "excites" an already pre-existing program.

I would say the same with "gurus" and inner experiences.

They merely "incite" an already pre-existing program.

Taking credit for another's orgasm is akin to taking credit for
another's inner experience.

To be sure, some gurus may serve better in eliciting a mystical
response, just as some lovers may be better in eliciting an orgasmic
response.

But let us not forget the underlying point:

the orgasm and the vision arise within one's OWN self.(unquote)

New discussions of Isha yoga
Date: November 26, 2013 11:41PM

"They have 500 acres in Kentucky. The Indian media loves him. He’s a master at marketing and building an army of blindly devoted yoga zombies.

"The opinions expressed here are from the New Western Sun Blog

Jaggi Isha Yoga expose blog

An expose blog [zaysen.blogspot.com]

New Western Sun

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Author of this blog is compiling a list of practice communities which in his opinion are to be avoided 'like the plague'.

In a comment the author wrote:

"Each person and group will get elaborated on in this article right here. With summary of the relevant facts making them problematic. The ones on this list are all there due to voluminous documentation.

T"he ones on the helpful list that I identified (as a preview of sorts for that list) likewise have been vetted and, while there doesn’t appear to be any Grand Incarnations there, they are all open books as human beings."

"

(Google cache)

A discussion of Jaggi- via comments

Anonymous on November 13, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:
You need to add Isha Yoga and Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudv to the list of places to avoid.

dharmaresearcher on November 13, 2013 at 8:29 pm said:
Thankyou for the heads up. I was just barely aware of him (Jaggi Vasudev) so will look into that scene. Haven’t seen much yet; reading this for starters (along with wikipedia which seems to be a positive review):

[indiatoday.intoday.in]

I will followup on this.

dharmaresearcher on November 13, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:
Clearly a lot of money flowing into that scene via both charity operations and the meditation programs, with a large American base (including centers). One reference to the death of his previous wife and questions there. And, the general noting of the charisma and humor of the leader along with cultic fervor that’s directed his way. The beginning and advanced programs of his Isha Foundation remind me so much of the overall commercial packaging, by many types of groups and Gurus, of long time yogic/meditation practices. Practices which can be taught by responsible teachers providing practical guidance. BUT, one of the stated purposes of this blog is to publish the details on the various practices. (Upcoming will be an in depth examination of the practices laid out in the 20 so-called “Yoga Upanishads” —-part of the whole body of 108.) I’ve always had at the back of my mind the thought that by posting as much as I can on these practices that some people will discover they don’t have to plug in to these expensive programs of study and practice instruction. Besides, Goenka and others are for free!!!! There are helpful teachers out there where you don’t have to get fused with BS fairy tales, mythological stories about the Guru, pay out big bucks, and the rest of it.

There are places or people I am tempted to warn people away from but I think I will limit the list above to the worst of the worst, those with serious stuff going on that has been extremely well documented. I don’t think people need to go to folks like this guy and his group (the one you are telling me about) anymore than I think people need to buy the nicely gifted wrapped packages offered by groups like the Integral Institute.

Pankaj on November 13, 2013 at 10:04 pm said:
Def need to add Jaggi Vasudev (Isha Yoga) goes by the name of Sadguru. Very dangerous and very influential. They have 500 acres in Kentucky. The Indian media loves him. He’s a master at marketing and building an army of blindly devoted yoga zombies.

Pankaj on November 13, 2013 at 10:07 pm said:
Jaggi should be in the top ten mostly because he’s current while people like Guru ma siddha yoga are hiding out

Anonymous on November 14, 2013 at 3:10 am said:
On sadhguru jaggi vasudev, take a look at this site. [guruphiliac.lefora.com]
HIs wife died in meditation and achieved “mahasamadhi?” While he (sadhguru jaggi vasudev) continued having an affair with another woman? And, he just happened to be away in the United States giving lectures drumming up business when the police came to ask him questions about his wife’s “mysterious death? And, there were several other unexplained deaths of devotees at his ashram in India, and one unexplained death of a devotee in the Tennessee ahsram. Corpses seem to pop up everywhere this guy goes .

Also, take a a look at this site: [zaysen.blogspot.com]

Now, lets see how the defenders pour out of the woodwork to defend this fraud when they find out about this article.

dharmaresearcher on November 14, 2013 at 3:57 am said:
I don’t understand why that last comment had to await my approval. I better re check the settings so no one has their comment delayed in going up. Anyway, have been reading through that comments thread for some time, and the actual main thing that concerns me about Shree Shree Ravi Shankar, packaging old and familiar pranayama exercises and more and putting it out there in what I feel is an irresponsible and potentially harmful manner, now concerns me about this Jaggi Vasudev guy also. Lots of first hand accounts related to retreats and program courses suggest that he doesn’t know what the hell he is doing. Also, found this news article, reposted below. I suppose the police were actually in a pickle due to the fact the body was cremated so fast:

The following is the Indian Express report as appearing on October 12, 1997 about Police registering a case of murder by Jaggi Vasudev:

Coimbatore, Oct, 11: Close on the heels of scandals relating to fake godmen getting exposed, yet another ashram from Coimbatore is in the limelight with Jaggi Vasudev aliash Jagadeesh of Isha Yoga ashram at Poondi near Coimbatore, being charged with the murder of his wife Viji alias Vijayakumari.
A team of police personnel recently visited the premises of Isha Ashram at poondi and interrogated the inmates of the ashram. Godman Jaggi is away in the US.
According to police, T. S. Ganganna of Bangalore (father of Viji) had preferred a complaint with the Bangalore Police suspecting foul play in the death of his daughter Viji. The complaintant had stated that his daughter left him last on June 15, 1996. He reportedly received a message on January 23, 1997, from Jaggi Vasudev, stating that Viji was no more.
Ganganna said that Jaggi Vasudev had hurriedly completed the cremation on Jan.24 even before they could rush from Bangalore, raising suspicion about the nature of death. He suspected death due to poisoning or strangulation.
According to him, Jaggi Vasudev could have caused the death of Viji to facilitate his illicit relationship with yet another inmate of the ashram. Based on the complaint of Ganganna to the Bangalore City Police on Aug. 12, a case was registered.
The Bangalore City Police transferred it to the Coimbatore Rural Police.
The Coimbatore Rural Police have registered a case against Jaggi Vasudev under Section 302 of IPC (murder) and IPC 201 (suppression of evidence).
Later. Isa Yoga Foundatrion has denied reports that Jaggi Vasudev had fled to USA to avoid investigation of ashram. Authorised Signatory of Ashram Kiran stated that Guruji had gone for giving lectures . ENS

Pingback: Practice communities or spiritual communities a...

Colonel Zaysen on November 14, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev [SJV] & Isha Foundation Must be on the # 1 list given above. Pure hypocrite, exploiter and cheater in the name of spirituality. SJV brands himself as a spiritual master with a difference but recycles the same old works of past sages and saints at the same time blaspheming them and con’s people in the name of Yoga by asking them to volunteer for his programs and pay money for volunteering. He has built his cult purely on mesmerizm and False Stories.

Be very very careful of SJV, the Biggest Charismatic Psychopath, Mind Controller & Spiritual Playboy of the New Age 21st Century. All other Gurus would be put to shame in front of this Money seeking, empire building, monster.

Visit [zaysen.wordpress.com] to learn more. Send me an E-Mail at Zaysen2001@rediffmail.com for his full story.

Colonel Zaysen

Anonymous on November 14, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:
Yes, isha yoga and jaggi vasudev is dishonest. See links;
[harmanjit.blogspot.com]

[harmanjit.blogspot.com]

[harmanjit.blogspot.com]

[harmanjit.blogspot.com]

Zayzen blog -
Date: November 26, 2013 11:48PM

[zaysen.blogspot.com]

April 2011

What Qualifies Isha Foundation as A Cult
The Blogger had published a full length post titled "Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev His Enlightenment & Isha Cult Empire " As It Is" of "Isha Foundation & Its Founder False Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev" which was removed from this blog, on 16-July-2013 because of Legal Request Filed with Google. If you need the same then please click here

This Blog posted was suspended from 15-May-2012 to 23-May-2012 after receiving defamation law suit/death threat from an Fanatical Isha Meditator towards the blogger and has now been re-enabled. If this post dissipates in future then it may be assumed that the blogger is dead or is in Jail but truth shall prevail as nothing written is false. On 26-July-2013 the Isha Foundation Criminals have hacked into two e-mail accounts of this blogger, and changed it's password and ID's.

Note-1: This post is especially, intended for those [very young people, from early teens till their 30's] who might, get captivated/carried away, by Sri Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev's[SJV] mesmerizing voice, logical talk, after reading his books "Mystic's Musings" & Encounter The Enlightened [Today's Isha Foundation is not the same as described in these 2 books]and might abandon their families, give up their school/college education, careers, surrender their freedom, wealth, properties, even their intelligence to SJV & put their entire lives, in his hands & accept him, as the be all, end all for them, to seek/pursue this so-called Enlightenment & to become a full time teacher/volunteer/monk for Isha Foundation at their ashram in India & Nashville, Tennessee, USA and may regret this later. If you are not of this type, have a strong mind, will and can, retain your own individuality/originality, balance, even after doing Isha Yoga Programs, then this post, is not intended for you! You can read my experience, of Isha Yoga Programs, in my posts, Life After Isha Yoga 1 & 2 in this Blog under April 2011.

PS: The Face Book like Button has been added in this Blog. Please click on the individual blog posts by name/title for the button to be visible.

By Colonel Zaysen

Dated:15-April-2011 Friday

Signs that Isha Foundation is A Cult!

1] A charismatic leader with unverifiable claims of divinity. Jaggi Vasudev talks about past lives and fairy tale stuff based on False Hood. At the same time, he claims that his inner experience, is even more clearer, than what tradition or scripture is saying. The way, Jaggi Vasudev, has portrayed himself as God, for his followers, in the ashram as be all/end all for them.

2]Deceptive Recruitment, by promising, something, intangible like enlightenment/liberation and conveying that Isha is the only way for them. The excessive use of "logical double talk", and overemphasize, on the word "experience", to purposefully, shake/destroy the faith of people, in their own religions/scriptures/gods/beliefs/intuitions.

The deliberate use of "contradictory talk" & "pretense" using "superficial charm/glib" to establish the Isha Cult as genuine to people by placing all the cards on the table beforehand even if they are lying cards.I.E [don't believe me, don't disbelieve me] & to play on the weaknesses of psychologically fragile people, to keep them unsettled & on tender hooks, like a balance, that is constantly in motion, never steady, with a purpose to enslave them for life!

Wrongful depiction, and misuse, of the word "science", by "camouflaging", that the offered spirituality, at Isha, is "scientific", and is different from "traditional spirituality", when actually it is not so. Creating a friendly atmosphere, for recruiting participants, by keeping, the cost of programs artificially low in India, using volunteers, and then hooking/duping them, to become full time slaves & donors later. After recruiting, asking them, to suspend logic/rational thinking/intelligence, by conveying that the other dimension is beyond all these!

No one, has been shown, to have received enlightenment, and far from being liberalized, have been sucked into an endless loop of expensive programs, pilgrimages, 2-5 hours of practices every day, many hours a week, of praying to SJV. To keep getting money, from meditators, innovating new programs & advertising each program, as once in a life time opportunity!

3] Totalitarianism and Alienation, of members, from their families and/or friends. I have first-hand knowledge of this.

4] The use of indoctrination, by sophisticated mind-control techniques, based on the concept, that once you can make a person believe, what you want, then you can make him/her behave the way you want. This is not so evident in the introductory programs but gets there slowly as you advance. Each program has been designed, to make one, co-dependent on the Cult and It's leader. There is no doubt, that there is mind control, at all levels, by using covert or disguised hypnotic techniques. This suspicion, arose in another meditator's mind, and he asked this question directly, to Jaggi Vasudev. SJV, acknowledged, that he is capable of it, even though, he does not do it with his followers.

Refer Video

5] Volunteer (Slave) labor - young girls are being exploited, in the name of volunteering and Brahmacharya, they are just slaves. They are very vulnerable, emotionally very fragile, physically weak and exhausted. The seniors are extracting work from them in the name of spirituality/karma etc. These poor (subtly arrogant) souls walk into the trap thinking they could do intense spiritual practice but they would never get a chance. Their yoga practices are to designed to keep them fit to do the assigned work. The Full Time Slaves/Volunteers have no annual preventive dental or optical check-ups or any Medical Insurance. A recent example at the Ashram was that a middle aged women after practicing the "Kriyas" had some serious health problems and at middle of night hired a cab and had to go about 7 kms in search of a Good-Hospital at her own cost.

The use of followers, on fundraising, or mission activities, for little, or no pay, to line the leader's pockets. Psychological manipulation/coercion of program participants, especially young men/women, by drilling into their head, the unlimited responsibility talk of the cult leader, in deep voice, in order for them to keep working as slaves and paying money for the cult as if they themselves are guilty/responsible for the world's mess.

Despite slaving so much, volunteers/monks cannot meet their cult leader for years or have face to face conversation for 10mts, even though their cult leader has ample time for top people like celebrities, corrupt-politicians, greedy wealthy-industrialists at very short notice.

Volunteers have nothing to show for in the end - it all belongs to Isha and you will be Kicked out once you are unable to work and become a liability.

6] Accumulation of wealth, for the cult leader's, personal opulent life style, or political purposes. Recent activities have confirmed, that Jaggi, needs the money, in order to carry out his agenda, in a country, that respects only money and power.

7] Exclusivity - "We are right and everyone else is wrong". There is ample evidence, that any negative word on Isha, is ruthlessly snubbed out. Even comment on the websites are moderated and deleted. Even this post, was removed from various web sharing links, by brain washed fanatical followers of Isha and this writer received, innumerable law suit/death threats .Insiders, if they see/question, anything wrong happening within the cult, are put on indefinite silence, by the cult leader or mercilessly thrown out.

8] Brainwash followers, by isolating them, during workshops/satsangs and telling them, not to read any books on spirituality, by other Spiritual Gurus. Asking seekers, to keep visiting the ashram, so that their mind/bodies can be controlled. Provide them, with instant acceptance, from a False/Seemingly loving group.

9] Most Senior Swamis and Maa's in the ashram are over worked, hypocrites and rest on the brink of mental breakdown. It is no secret, that they indulge in food (super-hot pickle, sweets, even subtle sex) and long for some simple pleasures of life. They are neither disciplined or purified internally and even indulge in eve-teasing of young women visitors as written on Priyanka Dalal's Blog;

They are making a mockery of themselves in the name of Monk Hood/Sanyas. Many Monks have already quit Monk-Hood & left Isha after their Fall Down from Grace!

With reference to point # 9, Ms Priyanka Dalal's Blog had 68 comments which bashed up Isha and showed the real truth of Isha to the world. The same was tampered and moderated by the Isha Web Moderators by installing DISQUS on her blog page. This blogger used his own Internet skills and retrieved those comments which can be downloaded and read from Here

It can be aptly put that Isha Ashram is not an Ashram, but just another, Nazi Forced Death/Labour/Extermination Camp operated in World War-II at Auschwitz-Birkenau Poland, Sobibor, Buchenwald, Treblinka, Dachau by the Nazi's.

The above bad experience of Ms Priyanka Dalal can be read in my other Blog Post Isha Yoga, Problems, After Effects, Warnings! Click under April 2011, Refer Victim-7.

10] The Monks thinking pattern, is corrupted to the point, where they have become, just like toy puppets in the hands of Jaggi Vasudev. An associate of this writer, recently asked them, to give some clarification, about the old shakthi chalana kriya practice and they, passed on the buck, to some other senior sanyasi. This senior most sanyasi, told, that they themselves, have stopped practicing the "Kriyas" for many years now, and have realized that Jaggi is a Fake. They are perpetually tired! They've had enough, and now want to live like him. Some long term inmates, over 20 years, Key People, have already left Isha. It's been there, but now in quick succession.

11] Keep, the cult members, away from traditional truths, like Bhagavad-Gita & Upanishads, by providing a philosophy, that seems logical[there is no personal god, to monitor, anybody's actions, only nothingness, so no sin/virtue in doing anything wrong/good] and appears to answer all or the most important questions in life. Structure, all or most activities, so that there is little time, for privacy or independent action or thought. Promise instant, or imminent solutions to deep or long-term problems.

The Following Points Classify Isha Foundation Into a Dangerous Cult Especially For Young Women.

1-Was Jaggi Vasudev Accused of killing his wife Viji by her parents? Yes
2-Was there another women involved in this matter? Yes
3-Did this women divorce and leave her family? Yes
4-Was she the closest disciple of Jaggi in a previous life time? Yes
5-Is She a Brahmachari/Sanyasi now? No
6-Is her life opulent in the Ashram just like Jaggi’s? Yes
7-Did Jaggi initiate his young daughter into Brahmacharya? No
8-Is he initiating other young girls/boys into Brahmacharya? Yes
9-Did his daughter ever do volunteering? No
10-Did she ever go through long term/permanent ashram life in her teens like Samskrithi kids? No
11-Is there any objective proof/witnesses of Jaggi solidifying mercury? No
12-Is there an objective proof that he learned and practiced yoga from Malladihalli Swami? No
13-Is there an objective proof that he was student of Rishi Prabhakar for more than a year? Yes(1)
14-Is Jaggi and his colleagues are teaching the same yoga, meditation and BSP with minor differences? Yes
15-Did Jaggi ever gave credit to/confessed about Rishi Prabhakar? No
16-Did Jaggi’s contemporary/colleague Ravisankar Mysore Ramakrishna commented about Jaggi’s plagiarism and lies? Yes(1)
17-Is there an objective way to confirm Jaggi’s enlightenment before taking his programs? Yes(2)
18-Is he a self-confessed liar? Yes
19-Does Jaggi have political tie-ups? Yes
20-Does he shadow celebrities and crave media attention? Yes
21-Did Isha ever disclose their social outreach program details/numbers/Financial Figures to public? No
22-Is Isha a 100% volunteer run organization? No
23-Did Isha Use/is Using immoral tactics to usurp land? Yes
24-Are Isha fanatics waiting for an utopian mass enlightenment never explicitly promised by Jaggi? Yes
25-Are they dangerously delusional/hypocritical? Yes

Concerns that Isha Foundation is Not A Safe Group/Transparent Spiritual Organization Especially For Young Women!

Q-A safe group/leader will answer your questions without becoming judgmental and punitive.
A-Jaggi is known to put down people, apparently to destroy their ego on the path to realization.

Q-A safe group/leader will disclose information such as finances and often offer an independently audited financial statement regarding budget and expenses. Safe groups and leaders will tell you more than you want to know.
A-Isha does not disclose any financials even to it's heavy cash donors and goes the other way to hide and delete negative posts.There are Spiritual Organizations which send audited annual reports, to it's donors for even a small donation of $ 10.

Q-A safe group/leader is often democratic, sharing decision making and encouraging accountability and oversight.
A-Jaggi is the only face and voice of Isha and his temper when dealing with volunteers is well known. There is no apparent oversight in Isha.

Q-A safe group/leader may have disgruntled former followers, but will not vilify, excommunicate and forbid others from associating with them,
A-I have seen how former members are ridiculed and abused. This is Isha culture.

Q-A safe group/leader will not have a trail of negative records, books, articles and statements about them.
A- This Blog has many tales of contradictions/Lies of Jaggi Vasudev To Promote His Cult,

Q-A safe group/leader will encourage family communication, community interaction and existing friendships and not feel threatened,
A-Isha promotes leaving family and friends who will not bow to Jaggi and surrender to Isha, Even Normal House Hold People With No problems are encouraged that they should abandon their family and Join Isha Full Time as Volunteers/Slaves.

Q-A safe group/leader will encourage critical thinking, individual autonomy and feelings of self-esteem,
A- One of the first things, Isha asks, is to suspend logic/Discrimination/Rational Thinking and strip you of your self-esteem and asking you to leave your intelligence at the door, stating that, the other dimension, is beyond one's intelligence. This could only be, because SJV wants to be the only intelligent person in Isha and make all others into dude fools and control them!

Q-A safe group/leader will admit failings and mistakes and accept constructive criticism and advice.
A-Far from it, Jaggi and Isha even explain away lying and cheating as routine matters, in the opening of False Face Book Accounts To Garner Chase Community's $ 1 Million Face Book Prize Money.

Q-A safe group/leader will not be the only source of knowledge and learning excluding everyone else, and would never ingrain co-dependency of his followers but value dialogue and the free exchange of ideas and would never discourage seekers to seek out many other spiritual masters if they feel so,
A- From personal experiences, Isha-ites, have only Jaggi and Isha on their mind from waking to sleep. Jaggi asks in satsangs not to read any other spiritual books of other Gurus. All in the name of enlightenment. Each program of Jaggi is used as a constant innovation to get more followers and money for himself and to make people more dependent on him.

Jaggi even though claiming to be enlightened has total prejudice, against tradition and scriptures. This could only be if he wants to deceive others by telling that his knowing is more clearer than what tradition says.

Saints or Genuine Guru's

1-Are consistent in what they say, mean, and do.
2-Follow the moral standards they teach.
3-Keep promises.
4-Pay debts.
5-Hold truth as the highest standard.
6-Insists that their close associates tell the truth.
7-Present rational, unaggressive philosophy. Their own enlightenment, would be in accordance, with that of past sages/saints/scriptures and they would never ridicule or criticize the ancient texts.

8-Are attractive, but don't exploit others and ingrain co-dependency and would be utmost happy, if their disciples, were to leave them, to search, for other masters if need be]

9-Wait for you to seek their help.
10-Good reputation endures and improves.
11-Things turn out well in the long run.
12-People get long-term benefit from their association.
13-Are concerned about their actions on themselves and on others.
14-Immediately apologize for errors.
15-Look for their own mistakes and will voluntarily make amends.
16-If trapped do not renounce their principles.
17-Can sit very still.
18-Encourage associates to be self-reliant.
19-Refrain from using mind-dulling substances.
20-Are comfortable being in the background.

Psychopaths like Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev:

1-Are inconsistent in what they say, mean, & do. Will twist the truth according to time place circumstances to serve their own interests

2-Have different rules for themselves and for their followers.
3-Break their promises.
4-Have bad debts, scheme to avoid paying, even write bad checks.
5-Have no regard for the truth.
6-Will order close associates to lie.

7-Are aggressive with philosophy and may not try to appeal to reason. Will emphasize that their inner knowing is more clearer/contradictory than what scripture or past experience of sages is stating.

8-Are attractive and use it to exploit others and ingrain dependency.
9-Come on with unsolicited advice.
10-Good reputation fades in time.
11-Things turn out badly in the long run.
12-People are damaged by long term association.
13-Are unconcerned about their actions on themselves and on others.
14-Apologize as a last resort.
15-Ignore their own mistakes and rectify them only if cornered.
16-If trapped will do or say whatever it takes to escape.
17-Typically have variable and exotic health problems.
18-Can sit still only when the center of attention.
19-Enslave those around them.
20-Often indulge in using mind-dulling substances.
21-Are obsessed with being in the limelight.

My Advise To You All:

If anybody thinking of putting their children in Isha Home School, my sincere advice would be not to do it. Isha Home School is run by Sadhguru's past life disciple vibhuthi, this life Bharathi. Samskrithi is a BIG NO NO. These two are experimental and Jaggi doesn't know or care what he is talking about.

Samskrithi children are generally not allowed to talk to anyone, touch anybody, interact with others. They wear a uniform and grow their hair long. They are 'energized' by Jaggi. Their curriculum sounds euphoric, but we don't know the exact details. It seems that most of the older monks have left Isha for greener pastures in the outside world, and SJV wants to get his hands on fresh young blood for the future of his cult expansion. Most of them are preteens. Their survival outside of Isha is very doubtful. I think they are being prepared for a lifetime of slavery (volunteer, bramacharya, sanyas etc).

Isha would argue it's their choice. On top of all this, the monks in-charge of these kids have no clue about how this would turn out and what is going on. They are completely dependent on Liar SJV to tell them the smallest details.

Last I heard, Isha charges around Rs 6 lakhs ($13,333) per annum per child. They practically spend nothing on food. All vegetables, rice etc are coming from the fields they own and through donation. Milk is coming from cows grown inside Isha. They are almost self-sufficient. But charges and fees never stop for residents.

Do not put your children's future at risk by admitting them in these schools. Do not let them in Isha Ashram. Never let them take any classes or attend Intro sessions. Not even for the benefit of yoga. Many disgruntled parents, who having paid Rs 600,000/- as fees upfront for their children, have faced their children being sent out of the Isha Home school, after 8 ½ years of stay & study just because they complained about their teachers inability to teach to others! SJV has completely washed his hands off, on such problems, putting the entire onus on the third rate administration swami's.

[Added:20-Aug-2013] Kindly refer this Link, which gives fresh proof about SJV's exaggerations, overhyping, lying about his programs and projects.

Kindly study, the history of ISKCON gurukula, Dallas Texas, Mayapur/ Vrindavan India, Child Molestation/Abuse activities that happened in the early 1970's. Many committed suicide. Those ex-gurukuli's who survived blamed the founder A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada for their abuse, who forced his followers, to abandon their children, at the age of 5 years by forcing them into the gurukula, so that the parents can keep working as slaves for ISKCON to expand his movement. History is again repeating itself in the form of Samskriti & Isha home school.

This disgusting individual Jaggi goes out soliciting sponsorship for Isha vidya, poor rural children while buying expensive cars [Hummer], helicopter for personal use & building useless aadhiyogi temples.

For all the boasting about growing trees, saving the environment by project green hands, how did Isha get permission to construct their ashram and erect buildings inside reserve forest by clearing so much green land! Just see the amount of wood work done in the ashram by cutting trees.

An associate of this Blogger had scanned and uploaded twin pdf e-books of Sadhguru, Mystic's Musings & Encounter The Enlightened, for all to read and benefit free of cost. The same was vehemently removed from many file sharing links by Isha Web Watchers siting copyright violations !
Compare Isha which is raking in millions of $ every year, to a modest spiritual/charitable organization, like "The Divine Life Society", which has an annual Income Expense Statement of $ 13,77,365/- which offers 3 in a year, 2-months full time, Yoga-Vedanta Course free, at their Ashram in India and is offering over 80 free e-books of it's founder on it's website DLSHQ

Zayzen blog - LIfe After Isha Yoga One
Date: November 27, 2013 12:03AM

Colonel Z author of the blog, offers this disclaimer. Its measured tone and courtesy contrasts with the comments sent in by readers.

"DISCLAIMER
Opinions expressed in this Blog are an expression of free speech and are protected as free speech. At no time is any content posted by the blog creator knowingly false. Comments & Opinions expressed in articles and files on this blog are those of the contributors. Events described in this blog are as accurate as memory and recollection permit. The experiences described in this blog is unique to the authors. You may have a more or less satisfying experience with the Organization
"

--------
12 April 2011
Life After Isha Yoga
PS: The Face Book like button has been added in this Blog. Please click on the individual blog posts by name for the button to be visible.

Readers who wish to save their time, may download both the post Life After Isha Yoga 1 & 2 by clicking Here & Here

If you just need the "Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya" as taught in Inner Engineering Programs, Then Click Here

If you need the complete true story of False Sadhguru and Isha Foundation then click here

Life After Isha Yoga
12-April-2011.

Experience of 7 Days Inner Engineering Program done, conducted by Isha Yoga Trained Teacher.

Readers may kindly keep in mind that I already had much scriptural back ground having read all the devotional scriptures of ISKCON since at an early age like Bhagavad Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam and attended this with just a pure curiosity as to what it involves since Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev [SJV] with his Logical oratory, discourses on World Space Satellite Radio was making too much hype and emphasizing too much on the word "experience". I am not the kind of a person who does something by anybody’s coaxing and I did not venture for Isha and Sadhguru because of any physical or mental problem.

The Introduction involved a simple talk by the teacher who asked us “Do you know where you came” meaning how our landing on this planet happened and why we were doing all those things that we are doing in our life. Some answered for money, some for pleasure, and some for time pass. I kept quite as it was nothing for me having read the “Bhagavad-Gita “As It Is” so many times.

Then she said that in the seven days we are going to play a simple game. If we win it is good, but if we lose then also it is ok. All agreed and then she talked about how in the present age despite all material comforts one’s quality of inner life was going down and we all needed much inner peace to over come difficult situations. It seemed clear that she was speaking way ahead of her age playing theatre having had rehearsed everything. When I asked her in the end, if it was worth the effort for seven days even for those who had read the scriptures and had intellectually realized that one is not this body, mind, intellect she again repeated her Master Sadhguru’s word, "experience". On the Introductory day itself I could tell she was a zombie and a mesmerized disciple of Sadhguru.

Much later I learnt that she was a software engineer in Infosys technologies and had gotten trapped into the Isha Cult by Sadhguru and had become a Monk at a very young age may be less then 25 years. Any how I paid the donation of Rs 1500/- and decided to do the program keeping an open mind and also keeping all the three eyes open. My 3rd eye had already opened up when I was 21 years of age.

On the 1st day we were taught one Sanskrit Invocation of addressing the guru before the actual “Shambhavi Mahamudra” kriya started and another Invocation before ending the Kriya. Then Sadhguru gave a video lecture on how the human body is designed for vegetarian food and that food in yoga is classified as +ve pranic, -ve pranic, and zero pranic. All fruits, vegetables, grains, milk, nuts come in the 1st category.

Coffee, Tea, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Chewing Tobacco, Onions, Eggs, Meat, Fish, Garlic, Chillies, Brinjals come in the second.

Potatoes and Tomatoes come in the 3rd

Some of the highly pranic food stuff are Ash Gourd[White Pumpkin] and honey which has properties very close to that of human blood. I have been a strict vegetarian since my birth so this was again nothing new. Also 3 special periods called Sandhya Kala in a Day were told to us when our breathing would be in a uniform way if we observed it. This was 20 minutes before sunrise and 20 mts after sunrise, from 11:40 am to 12:20 pm and 11:40 pm to 12:20 am. If any Yogic Kriya was done during these Sandhya Kala's the benefit would multiply by a 100 times than other times. Night time was meant only for ascetics and not for normal people was a warning given by Sadhguru. So if one wanted to become a Monk, The Night time was the most suited. I did, all my Kriyas, at Night Time but still I am very much at my home even after 4 years but I am Single.

On the second & third day, participants were told to develop awareness, to external situations, like taking unlimited responsibility, for earth-quake, floods, in far off areas, leaking water taps, public lights not working at night, stopping at red light, even at midnight when there is no police man and told to write a home work about this for the next day. The point was, that certain good men/women, without any reward motive took the work upon themselves to construct dams, bridges which benefited the whole humanity, so whatever was possible, with in one's reach, one should do so.

Then we were taught the Buddhist concepts of the doctrine of momentariness. That, this present moment is inevitable and as to how one can be in this moment within themselves is entirely in one’s hands. People always live via their past and the past is routed in one’s memory and this is the source of one’s misery, this was taught to us.

Also we were given the Isha Foundation’s Monthly Newsletter, Forest Flower Magazine and asked to subscribe for the same for Rs 100/- per year. I did not! Then the teacher demonstrated as to what a Rudraksha Mala was and what the benefits of wearing a Rudraksha Mala were and how to test a genuine Rudraksha mala from a fake one. If a genuine Rudraksha mala was placed on a cut lemon it would rotate in a clock wise direction, if it was placed over cut garlic it would rotate in an anti-clock wise direction and if placed over a tomato it would be stationery. Along with this a story was told that in olden times when there was a fight between the Vaishnavas [Followers of Lord Krishna] and Shaivas [Followers of Lord Shiva] the Vaishnavas in order to reach Heaven 1st, mixed negative pranic food and gave it to the Shaivas and so the Shaivas tested their food with the Rudraksha Mala so a seeker on the path of yoga must always have a rudraksha mala on his/her neck as this will create a cocoon of one’s energies and prevent evil forces from taking over one’s body.

On the 5th day as we were going to be initiated into the Shambhavi Mahamudra by the Master Himself, some early morning surprise had been planned for us. This was a games program in the park with football in order to bring out the child in us and us becoming joyful and playful. But later, I realized that it was only for us, not to become resistive towards the actual initiation process. After this we assembled at the same venue and were given breakfast of banana’s and Ragi Malt type beverage to drink by the volunteers. In the entire program the dedication[brain-wash] of the volunteers was amazing. Then we were asked to come on the stage and share our experiences of the morning games etc. Before the actual initiation was to happen we were taught the chanting of A-U-M Mantra.

Then we were asked, as to whether, we were our bodies or something more than the body to which I replied that since in human anatomy the heart is the seat of all activities the source of life must be in the heart. We always say my hand, my leg, my brain, so that me is something higher than the body. All these I quoted from the Bhagavad-Gita. So again nothing new learnt here.

Then we were told to maintain silence for about 15 minutes, and some fruits and sweets which we had brought with white cloth as Token offering for the Guru before he initiated us was placed and a Guru Pooja was conducted in order to invoke the blessings of the Guru before actual initiation. After this in order for us to become the Buddha, A question was asked by the teacher to all of us; "As to what would it take for all of us to accept her as God". Some replied that if she could create miracles, some said if after the program their bank balance increased, I said If she could show me the Universal Form that Lord Krishna had showed to Arjuna in the Battle Field of Kurukshetra I would accept her and some said that in no way they would accept her as God which was a hopeless case. Like this it went on!

The point the teacher was making was that when ever something like an accident, or calamity happened it was always the unknown persons who came and helped us and not some hands that descended from the sky and that we should all be realists like the Buddha was who destroyed all the concepts of Soul, Atman, God, Creator and emphasized that whatever is there is me and that is also the ultimate truth everywhere and that in which ever position of life we are placed we must do what we can to alleviate the suffering of our fellow human beings. It was just an Indirect Be Good Do Good Philosophy.

Now the Most emotional part of the program:

After this we were asked to close our eyes and sit and Sadhguru in his deep voice asked us to look within ourselves and see if 1st we had the ability to be a parent for 10 children, 100 children, 1000 children, and 10,000 children and then the whole world. His voice in A AA, AAA, AAAA, AAAAAAA, boomed and he again forced his un-limited responsibility talk on the participants. This was done so that humans who had become almost akin to animals in the present age would have some softness of heart and feel tears. I did not but I got Sadhguru’s message intellectually.

Then Sadhguru in a video told some story about King Akbar and Birbal, Japa initiations and what its significance was and then asked us to close our eyes. We did and some drum playing carnatic vocal music sounded in the speakers and after sometime we slowly opened our eyes. After this we were asked to share the experience of the Initiation & the Buddha making and each one came and spoke that he would be a parent to the whole world which I felt was nothing as compared to the hype made a day ago by the teacher. We were further given information about the Higher Isha Yoga Programs especially the Bhava Spandana program[BSP] for which many people came on stage and vouched for their experience. We all were then asked to register for the Bhava Spandana. I did not as I already had other 2 month engagements.

I quote; "On the last day the BSP Program is hyped to such an extent and then the red carpet trap is laid. Victims resistance has been broken during 7 days of Inner Engineering". "So kindly be aware as it is an eye-wash. None will tell you as to what actually goes on in BSP." Read about this in my Life After Isha Yoga-2.

Then we were served raw vegetable food, poyas, and fruit salad for lunch, after Initiation was over. After this the sequence of the entire Kriya of Shambhavi was given to us and a group photograph taken. Nobody is allowed to write anything during the class.

The Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya involves simple yogic asanas and breathing techniques which have to be done for 25 mts each day twice for the 1st 40 days and at least once a day for the rest of one’s life so that complete Buddha Hood becomes a reality. To download the full details of the Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya please visit this: & This Link

If the above links does not work please e-mail the blogger for the complete Kriya Details!

Then, we were shown some videos, of Isha Foundation’s, social out reach programs, for the poor and rural people, of Tamil Nadu state, massive tree planting exercise and the Dhyanalingam yogic temple designed and built by Sadhguru. A request for donation was made and some membership forms were given to the participants. I did not give any donation. Then sale of spiritual goods of Isha Foundation namely Sadhguru's DVD, Books and Rudrakshas costing Rs 1000/- to Rs 1500/- was offered.

The last 2 days only involved in fine tuning the kriya and checking for mistakes and Sadhguru kept repeating his un-limited responsibility talk. So this was it.

My Experience and Benefits, after doing the Kriya, for the Past 4 years. In all I may have skipped it 10 times.

The Kriya started working for me only after 2 full years of practice. But apart from making the flow of energy in my body even the Kriya by itself did not do anything dramatic in terms of all around bliss, less fatigue, more inner peace, as all these had been achieved simply by reading ISKCON Founder Acharya Swami Prabhupada's Bhagavad-Gita “As It Is" and making my own life simply hassle free, in terms of less desire for money, ample time for myself, no marriage, children and relationships and no evil habits and cultivating the Philosophy of "Simple Living & High Thinking and Escapism from Life".

However after reading Sadhguru’s Book Encounter the Enlightened and seeing his videos I became less reactionary to things and began to take things as it is. In the past I was very much irritated if any form of wastage happened in front of me like leaking water taps, food wastage, now I definitely care less.

But the idea of helping downtrodden rural people [I.E Animals who appeared in the shape and form of Human Beings but the creator forgot to give them a Bear Body, A Lion Head, 2 Rhinoceros Horns, and a Cheetah Tail] appealed to me. I had a chance to put the teaching in practice. For the past 10 years I was seeing a poor young man of my age working over 16 hrs a day earning Rs 4000/-pm in a hotel where I was eating and this man wanted some money to build a house in a remotest part of the village and hence I offered him complete charitable financial help and his house was built. Instead of donating money to Large Institutional charities it is better to directly help poor people where one has the satisfaction of at least knowing that money has been well spent.

So for Rs 1500/- for 7 days it was a good experience I felt. However the dangers of getting caught up in a cult were very much there. The teacher and a full time volunteer [An MCA whose entire family had been Mesmerized by Sadhguru, I clearly felt]. For those interested in the Inner Engineering Program before registering and spending your money, please practice 3 Asanas 1] Cat stretch, 2] Patanga Asana-Butterfly Flapping of Legs 3] Shishupala Asana-Rocking The Baby for at least one month and practice sitting on the floor for 3 hours daily or else you will not be able to complete the program.

The Asanas can be learnt from the Yoga Book of The Vivekananda Kendra Pratishthan, Chennai, India as shown

which has sold over 10 lakhs[1 Million] copies and is available, in any Ramakrishna Mission Book Shop, for Rs 45/- or can be purchased online at Vivekananda Kendra ;

Now after 4 years, I realize, that the Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya and the entire 7 days class contents, could simply have been printed in the form of a book/dvd and offered to the whole world at a much cheaper price with so much saving of people's time/energy/money/logistics. In fact, the kriya does not even need any initiation for it to work. The initiation part is just an over hype created to show people as if some rocket science is being offered in order for Isha to make Money.

The Program is worth only for Rs 1000/- to Rs 1500/- in India or maximum $ 100 in the USA and not more for 7 days.

Please do not take the program conducted by Sadhguru himself which is taught in 3 days because you will not be able to learn the Kriyas properly. Also the donation of over Rs 1500/- is not worth it. The online introductory for $ 289 is a complete waste of money as you would not be able to learn the kriya properly/completely.

Also before venturing for Isha Yoga please do your home work in terms of basic knowledge about Hinduism by reading the Book “All About Hinduism” written by Swami Sivananda downloadable free from If possible read all the books written by Swami Sivananda downloadable free from DLSHQ . Isha Yoga even though being branded and advertised as Non-Religious and Scientific Yoga Practice is just a 7 Chakra Shakti Yoga System based on the Hindu Demigod Shiva and Shakti Devi [Energy]. The Philosophy has been given in the book “All About Hinduism".

And if possible please read ISKCON Founder Acharya: His Divine Grace Srila A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada's Bhagavad-Gita “As It Is" after reading the above book. All your questions on Life, Creation, Creator, suffering will be answered and you will be more matured and enlightened and even save yourself much damage before venturing for Isha Yoga.

Warnings:

Do not offer to volunteer or bring new people to the program as they would ask you to fill a closure sheet on the last day of the program. Please remember that Isha is a Cult and not, any run of the mill, Yoga class,teaching simple yogic postures & breathing techniques.

It is simply a take over of one's mind, thinking, intelligence, and body in order for one to Surrender Their Egos/Individuality and oneself to Sadhguru who’s Acts recently have been anything but holy. Refer Guruphliac Forum

If you are requested to act as a volunteer for future programs then please decline as it will completely ruin your family and professional life and also drain you financially and physically. The main purpose of Isha and Sadhguru are to break one's family and make them full time teachers, monks and volunteers at the Ashram and a Slave so that Sadhguru can lead a King's Life for himself and Build His Own Empire.

The Moto of Isha is that "If one has come to Isha he/she has come here as a last resort when all else has failed for them and he/she can freely part with his Cash and Labour for the Cult." And remember that Volunteering for Sadhguru's programs is a paid activity. One has to pay money for his/her own labour.

Also please do not send your teenage daughters or sons to do the program. Parents need to understand that Sadhguru preys upon their children. He will seduce them. He will ever-so-subtly convince them that the only way for them to continue and progress is to surrender to Isha and to him. And he will encourage them to come and leave it all behind. Everything AND, he may likely seduce them physically. He will tell them that it is "necessary to lock their chakras." And they will believe him and they will let him.

Now this warning is not just for parents, but also for spouses who are not Isha-involved married to those becoming involved. He will eventually remove your spouse from the relationship and tell them it is for the benefit of both of you. Again, your spouse will believe him, because as you deal with the shock of their growing distant, you will be confused, upset, angry, despondent, and you may place very strong demands upon them for an explanation for their choice of actions, and they, in their Isha-induced false bliss will say to themselves that it's a good thing you are parting ways, because "you just don't or can't get it." Your spouse will feel justified...by the confusion, the sadness, the utter turmoil that their decision has caused, because they will feel above it all. And he, the Sadhguru, will support them in that delusion.

He will remove choice from their lives. He tells you to be Silent, you will be silent until he tells you, and you may speak again. Readers may not realize as what extent to which he uses this tool called "Silence" to keep people in line at the ashram? It's pathetic, because people buy into the punishment thinking they've been rewarded by the Sadhguru with a blessing. How wrong they are. They are just being controlled and manipulated in the worse way they think it's a gift. Now THAT is mind control!

Just take advantage of the basic program and then leave never to return again. If you feel you have to do higher programs then please do it in order given below, even though everyone would be asking you to do Bhava Spandana even before 40 days of the Shambhavi to start yielding results! However please do not surrender your mind, intelligence and rational thinking to Sadhguru and accept everything that he/his teachers say. Always remember Isha is only one of the ways and not the only way and whatever is being taught in Isha has been written in any number of yoga books over 80 years ago by true saints like H H Swami Sivananda !

1-Inner Engineering

2-Hata Yoga [Usually this is conducted in Winter outside the Ashram ] or at the Ashram and again this is very strenuous for 3 days and without any body loosening can land you with very high fever.

3-Shoonya Meditation and Shakti Chalana Kriya [At the ashram only] 3 Days.

4-Bhava Spandana [This is purely a body breaking and emotional breakdown with intense physical activity for 3 days after which there is a chance you may become mesmerized] and your respect for Sadhguru might be over after this. This landed me in hospital or 15 days.

5-Samyama [8 days Silence] I have not done this till date.

For some people The Kriya has backfired seriously and not worked. For More problems with Isha Yoga Read my blog post Isha Yoga problems after effects warnings in April 2011 of this blog post.

This post is continued under April 2011 as Life after Isha Yoga 2

Colonel Zaysen

E-Mail Zaysen2001@rediffmail.com
Posted by Colonel Zaysen at 12:11 AM
---------
Corboy note: Most of the comments are ad hominem attacks on "Colenel Zayzen"

One comment denied him his human right to communicate his opinion in public.

3. Anonymous12 August, 2012 23:49
Colonel Z - or whatever you want to call yourself! Get your facts straight mate and stop bulling all over the web!

18. Anonymous16 August, 2012 15:48
Hello All,

First of all, I would like to thank Colonel Zaysen as I had also experience all this at Isha centre.
One more thing before going to any spiritual teaching / course always ask following questions.
How many people have practise the method and how long?
How many of them became Enlightened?

I have heard/read that many people are practising above Isha methods for very long (many years) and surprisingly no one is Enlightened yet?
Come on guys we are living in a most advance scientific world today so never believe any thing and always ask for statistics / proofs and remember anyone who gives beliefs is your enemy.

A well wisher.

19. Anonymous23 August, 2012 14:43
Hai Zaysen your story telling method about isha is very excellent.

Replies
1. Anonymous05 March, 2013 14:42
I am afraid this 'telling' method is quite incorrect factually and reeks of bias? Do not depend upon blogs for authentic info. Any idiot can fabricate a story and post it. What if someone wrote a big blog on you with crap

ReplyDelete
22. Anonymous23 February, 2013 18:09
Hi I participated in the 3 day Inner Engineering program conducted by Sadhguru himself at Hyderabad. For 3 days I felt everything that was told was perfect , however now when I think about the program elements , some of the claims made by Sadhguru himself seem to be dramatic , cult like . In an answer to a question by an elderly person , sadhguru said that sine he had attended the program , he will not have re-birth & that he will be bereft of all sufferings if he believes him.

--------

After effects part two
Date: November 27, 2013 12:15AM

"The volunteers at the ashram......they take your mobile phone/car keys in custody, there is no talking to anyone other than program participants, you cannot leave the program also in between. For all the 3 days one has to sleep inside the spanda hall only as some high-energy experience is going to be created. I was even amused, when I had left my clothes to dry outside, and when I wanted to pick them up, a volunteer closely came with me saying that I should not talk to anybody" (quote from below by colonel Z)

13 April 2011
Life After Isha Yoga 2
PS: The Face Book like button has been added in this Blog. Please click on the individual blog posts by name for the button to be visible.

PS: Those who reach this page directly, Please 1st read the 1st Part of "Life After Isha Yoga" in this Blog under April 2011.

Readers who wish to save their time, may download both the post Life After Isha Yoga 1 & 2 by clicking Here

If you need the Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya in Free PDF File Format then Click Here . For Guru Pooja Click Here & Here

If you need the complete true story of False Sadhguru and Isha Foundation then click here
Dated:13-Apr-2011

The Bhava Spandana Program involves the following, I did this at Isha Yoga centre, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. Program Donation Rs 750/-.

1-Before going for BSP one is asked to do a home work as to how one's life has been till that time, in terms of health, relationships, work etc and asked to note all the high and low points in terms of all these. Some people wrote 8 notebooks. I could only write 2 pages. BSP, is purely created, to make emotional, physical, mental, breakdown of a person, and then re-building you back up and telling you that Sadhguru is there for you.

BSP is designed to remind one and give them a experience of one's own death. Before the BSP, people are told that, even if they have to give up their lives, they should be willing to do so, in order for BSP to become a living experience for them later. But we were all assured that the premises was well protected through spiritual processes. And nobody will die! Volunteers keep a close watch for any untoward incidents.

People have no prior knowledge or any clue what is going to happen. Everyone is asked to sign a waiver against any potential lawsuits. This is against human rights!

BSP involves, intense physical activity for 3 days, the kind of physical activity, a intense laborer, would do in a month. The participants have to have a lot of physical energy and strength to do 'mahadeva meditation' where participants have to literally throw their body bending up and down in a rigorous way continuously and also have to shout and scream 'hara'.

You are supposed to thrust your body forward with your legs where they are. When done repeatedly with intensity, it can cause neck spasms or even back ache or even tightening of hams as some have noticed the next day. About 100+ of these are done to screams and done non-stop. With the intensity, you siphon the blood to your head by this method. So, when you stop to the claaaaaang of the gong, you get to sense some rising of the energy and the blood.

When participants get dizzy or tired and when they're unable to do that, volunteers go near the participants and shout 'Hara'/''Shiva' in their peak voice, some volunteers will shout in participants' ears itself. The participants having closed their eyes, does not have any clue what is happening, and already tired and dizzy, will get more shocked by this ear shouting. Not everybody can do that Mahadeva meditation, and they let participants in hunger, and sleeplessness and too much body work. I saw a couple of people vomit due to the extreme back and forth and up and down movements.

These are all ISHA's techniques to do mental breakdown of oneself during the program in order to awaken one's kundalini and having the experience of all around oneness of existence. Save yourself money and hysteria. Get enlightened by sitting under a tree or reading scripture. This pseudo kundalini awakening is more of the Voodoo witchcraft I am talking about.

2- The dangers are just too many in the Bhava Spandana Program. For 3 days there is no contact with the outside world. The volunteers at the ashram are like Nazi's and they take your mobile phone/car keys in custody, there is no talking to anyone other than program participants, you cannot leave the program also in between. For all the 3 days one has to sleep inside the spanda hall only as some high-energy experience is going to be created. I was even amused, when I had left my clothes to dry outside, and when I wanted to pick them up, a volunteer closely came with me saying that I should not talk to anybody. This warned me of cults and their brain wash! One is asked to write a letter to one's loved ones with total involvement stating, that in three day’s time they are going to die. This breaks, many people who start crying. As I have, never loved anybody, I could not write anything and was simply enjoying the architecture of the spanda hall.

Then, there is intense, outdoor activity of some sports, like pushing one's legs forward to prevent, the walls on closing in & to crush you, keeping the ball in the air for 60 counts or else one will not get his breakfast. There is intense games like running, and football, where some people got intense knee injury with blood oozing but they were forced to continue, with no concern for their pain and shock, even though medicines and cotton were offered by the Nazi Volunteers.

Then it involves painful sitting,[as after games and intense physical activity one feels that a 100 bullets have been fired in one's leg] for long hours and listening to other people's life experiences, like adultery, pre-marital sex and not being able to marry the person, sexual perversions, inferiority complexes, cheating & allied bull-shit, hearing some special music like prakriti purusha, playing games, suddenly crying, suddenly being happy and joyful and also death meditation. One is made to experience that one's soul has itself come out from the body and that soul is lighting fire to the body it once possessed. After this one is shaken by others violently in order for them to learn as to who they really are. Are they this body or something other than the body.

Then in between breaks, the teacher asks people to undergo teacher training programs saying that the forms are outside the hall. So another way to hook full time free slaves/money.
3-Then after intense physical activity one is made to stand in a line and others are asked to see them and experience them as if they themselves are standing and this leads to intense emotions from both sides. From the 1st day, I knew it was a kind of mesmerism, hence, I just kept repeating the vedantic verse "Brahman satyam jagat mithya" Brahman is the truth and this universe is false.

Then after all the hard feelings towards others have disappeared one is asked to burn one's home work in a bonfire and dance happily having accepted everything and everybody as a part of themselves.
4-On the last day as everybody is simply itching for the pain/agony to end and go home, one of the monks of the ashram comes and garlands the 1st participant and touches his feet and the same is repeated by the others. Then sweet hare krishna mahamantra music is played and everybody dances so that a new beginning is going to happen in their lives with none of the past bitterness towards anyone/ anybody affecting them in the future.

In my own experience being an intellectual person[Jnana Yogi] possessing a very high level of philosophical thinking and scriptural knowledge the whole thing was a bull shit for me. I got intense fever of 105'c and had to cure myself like Rambo did in Rambo-III movie during my 2 days train/flight travel and returned to my home in a battered state. I spent 15 days in the hospital. I had already become a recluse since 1995 after reading vedanta philosophy and have no friends, family, spouse, children, just sitting in my room whole day and reading vedanta. But BSP was a test from my Guru Maharaj for me to pass. It initiated me into the Hare Krishna Mahamantra and showed me who my real guru was and put me on the track of the correct school of spirituality which was Gaudiya Vaishnavism or ISKCON. Please read my 2009 post!

Keep the above warning that you might become mesmerized after doing bhava spandana program and land yourself in the hospital and also give up your family, wealth, job, and join the Isha cult as a full time teacher and become a monk. My respect and adoration for Sadhguru was finished after undergoing BSP. For many days, after BSP, and even now, I wonder, is it the same logical, rational sadhguru, who created and made me do this Bull Shit Spandana.

Read This:

Now The Experience of Isha Hata Yoga.Program Donation Rs 750/-

I did this outside the ashram. This is again a very strenuous practice which is taught in just three days and twice a day for 3 hours and if done without loosening the body could land one with very high fever. It did for me.And this also when I had full 2 month practice of Hatha Yoga at Sivananda Ashram with completely a loose body.

People over 50 years of age who have never bent their spine even once, need not waste their money and time as it will be of no use for them. In all about 12 asanas and surya namaskaars are taught which can again be seen from the vivekananda kendra yoga book

Isha Guru Pooja, Done Outside the Yoga Centre Donation Rs 1500/-.

The Guru Pooja is the most difficult of all Isha Programs, especially for those who have no past knowledge of sanskrit. It is very lengthy and cannot be learnt in 3 days and most people after paying money leave it in a day. However for me it was a breeze because of my past sanskrit knowledge and 2 months training at Sivananda Ashram. I passed the test in one attempt flat. However in my opinion in no way is the Guru pooja going to make the Kriyas more effective as claimed by Isha or the volunteers. This pooja is available in any sanskrit invocation book costing less than $ 2 so spending three days time in learning different postures of hand and keeping 3 cups consisting of water, rice, sandalwood paste, incense holder, camphor holder etc is of no use in my opinion.

You can download the full guru pooja text from and audio can be downloaded from For Rs 1500/- the pooja was definitely costly. In the ashram they teach it for Rs 500/- which is reasonable and the pooja set costs another Rs 500/- which consists of 3 brass small cups, one brass plate, 1 camphor holder, 1 incense holder, one brass holder for oil/lamp . I did not buy all this as I managed with whatever I had at home.

Experience of Shoonya Meditation and Shakti Chalana Kriya 3 days. I did this at the Isha Yoga Centre, Coimbatore, India. Program Donation Rs 2000/-

After experiencing the intense BSP/ Hata Yoga, I became at least aware that Sadhguru/Isha were hard task masters and so was much more mentally/physically prepared. The 1st day, involves, long hours of sitting and doing sukha pranayama for long stretches upto 45 mts and ½ day of doing surya namaskaars. At the end of the day one would feel that their wrist would come out of their hands.

The second day also involves ½ day of surya namskaar and then the shakti chalana kriya is taught. It is a breathing technique which involves sitting in a vajrasana and holding various mudras of hands, and making sound like Dog, Crow, Snake, Making a whistle sound and then while doing breathing concentrating on various body parts like Heart, Lung, Pancreas Liver. Readers can again refer to the Vivekananda Kendra Yoga Book

The last day is allotted for shoonya meditation where the participants are divided into groups and taken to the initiation room, and one senior lady disciple of sadhguru puts the Beeja[Seed]Mantra into us and the technique of meditation is taught: Just be a witness to your thoughts neither creating them, nor identifying, simply witnessing. This Beeja mantra called Shreeem, Hreeem, Reeeem, can be found in Swami Sivananda's Book "Japa Yoga" which can be purchased online from DLS Books for $ 2.

Again sadhguru in his video kept repeating his un-limited responsibility talk in order to garner free slaves and money in the form of volunteers to expand his Isha Business Empire. He also over hyped about the shoonya, that in the past one Isha meditator from Mangalore India, in competition with muktananda[Another Yoga Instructor like Sadhguru] meditator misused the shoonya and used it for about 3 hours and then found that his weight had suddenly reduced. So after that the duration of shoonya was reduced to 15 mts and the meditation would by itself end in 15-18 mts, otherwise the intensity of the shoonya was so much that people in the past had to be physically carried off from the Initiation room he boasted which was a Lie, I felt.

So before venturing for shoonya practice sukha pranayama as taught in Inner Engineering for 45 mts and do surya namaskaar for one hour or more daily and practice sitting in vajrasana for upto 2 hrs continuously. If you decide to do Shoonya, please go with complete openness, submissiveness, and with a surrendering attitude towards the Guru and do not create resistance towards the whole process otherwise the Beeja Mantra will not be implanted inside of you.

So this is it. This was the only practice of Isha which was a overall good experience for me other than Inner Engineering and Guru Pooja, rest were all bad. This Shoonya initiation is a must for those who want to do samyama[8 days silence program] later and has to be done twice before food for 15 mts on hungry stomach.

For a Krishna conscious person who read The Bhagavad Gita "As It Is", it was again not much I felt. But one thing I felt was if Shoonya was practiced regularly a person's intelligence will stagnate for sure and his mental productivity will go down definitely. After a few months, I stopped and felt better. But sometimes I still do it.

Again I suggest If you are above 50 yrs of age having never bent your body or spine even once then please do not go as it would be money wasted and no benefit.

Experience of Isha Samyama, 8 day Silence program as shared by a Isha Meditator with this Blogger. The Blogger has not experienced this himself !
Before Samyama, one is asked, to attend the pre-samyama meet. Here the rules are given for a 40 day preparatory step. In the 40 days that follow after the meet, one is asked, to stop taking alcohol, milk, potatoes, curd, & -ve pranic items, which can cause, too much drowsiness and sleep. Also, one is asked to sit in Ardha siddhasana for long hours. The rules are also given, that, there is no eye contact with people, no watches, no shaving, no mirrors and full silence for 8 days during the program. Even a whisper and one will be sent out of the program. One has to purchase, special white or orange clothing, from Isha shoppe, to be worn, for all the 8 days of the program. So at least, 3 sets, need to be purchased, as, there is no washing of clothes in the 8 days.

The first several days are spent chanting "om namaha shivaya". This chanting is continuous for 3-4 days. There are breaks, but you spend, probably 10 hours per day, chanting that mantra. There are monks, leading the chant, but, when they get tired, they switch off, but you are chanting, it the whole time. There are enforcers, walking among the participants, watching you, to make sure, you are chanting, with "intensity".

The chanting ends, after several days and you are told to focus / meditate on the breath as it enters and exits the nostrils. At the point, on the nostrils, where you first feel it / notice it enter & exit the nostrils. This is done for a couple of days and you are told to always be aware of your breath during the day, during your activities, and to be aware of it as you are going to sleep, and, if you're aware enough, to be aware of it as you sleep. You are told, to always, be aware, of your breath, no matter what you are doing.

Over the last 2 days, or so, you are taught the samyama practice. The samyama practice, consists, of first saying your shoonya beeja mantra 3 times mentally and then being aware of your breath. You should maintain un-interrupted awareness of your breath for a minute or so. After, that is achieved, you bring your thoughts, into your awareness, simultaneously with your breath. After, you can maintain, unwavering awareness, of your breath and thoughts for a minute, you bring the object, of your samyama, into your awareness. The, object of your samyama, can be anything. A tv show, a photograph, the natural scene outside your window, a blade of grass, a stick, a stone, another person, jaggi vasudev - anything.

So, the final stage of the samyama practice is to maintain simultaneous, unwavering awareness of your breath, thoughts and object of your chosen samyama practice. If you lose focus, of your breath, before the first minute, you start the process over, from the beginning, with your shoonya mantra and then breath awareness, etc. If you lose focus, of either your breath, or thoughts during the second minute, you start the process, over again from the beginning with your shoonya mantra, breath awareness, etc. If you lose awareness of either your breath, thoughts or the object of samyama during the third stage, you begin the process, over, again from the beginning with the shoonya mantra, breath awareness, etc.

During the samyama retreat the periods of breath meditation and samyama practice are interspersed with dancing to different types of music and intentionally talking gibberish or making sounds that have no meaning as though the meaningless sounds are words or sentences. You talk this way as though you are angry with another person or arguing with them. (The gibberish talk is a meditation developed by Rajneesh / Osho). The entire 8 days are sprinkled with talks of Jaggi Vasudev. Obviously, there's lot's of screaming, writhing, crying, laughing and other shakti shenanigans going on throughout the entire retreat. It's like a sathsang on exponential steroids.

On the last day, the participants are told not to focus on themselves, their lives or their "interiority." In fact, they are told that in order to "attain", they must mentally BURN all their attachments. SJV, leads a meditation process, to burn these attachments, completely from their mind. These attachments include their kids, spouses, families, parents, home, pets, work, friends, etc. Yes, he says, you must "burn them up" in mental fires, leave them all behind. They are worthless and will prevent you from attaining (whatever it is you're attaining). None of them can go to this unknown spiritual place you are certainly going. (You see, you are special for sitting with SJV.)

So, after all this burning and breaking down, he tells, these hundreds of followers to (instead) attach their breathing, their attention and their energies on a different attachment. The only thing, in their lives, he didn't have them, detach, from or burn up is-SJV himself !

This is the final culmination, of days’ worth, of breaking people, down mentally, psychologically and spiritually. After learning this (not-so-special) Samyama technique, the final goal is an all-encompassing attention on SJV, your master guru.

Unfortunately, followers are all too happy to oblige. And now, he has the adoration of hundreds of devotees willing to (and actually did) burn up their lives for him.

After the samyama retreat, the breath meditation, is to be done, for 40 minutes per day, in one sitting, preferably after pranayama, but not mandatory. The samyama practice / process, is to be done, for an hour a day before going to sleep. That's the ideal time to do it, but, I was told, that it could be broken, up into multiple time, periods totalling an hour per day, for instance 15 minute periods 4 times per day.

So, that's the samyama, in a nutshell. The breath meditation, can be learnt from any number of books or teachers out there. There's nothing special about the Isha method and you don't need to spend 8 days of non-sense to learn it. It is effective, but that's because, the technique is effective, not because of any Isha influence.

I[Blogger] have till date, not done Samyama, nor have plans to do the same, as I have no patience, to sit for 8 days in silence, and it could be another type of mind take over like Bhava Spandana so I played safe.

Final Words:

In my overall opinion other than Non SJV Inner Engineering Program of 7 days rest of the programs are not worth the effort. In my own case SJV's discourses have brought more inner growth than the kriyas!

Also Isha is mainly meant for those who are operating only with their logical Mind, with Nil Intuition, Nil sanskrit knowledge, Nil Devotion, or with zero past spiritual life values [100% materialists] and basically for those who are atheists. If you are an overly individualistic, rational, intuitive, free thinker, having quick/deep grasp & contemplation of various philosophies, know scriptures at the back of your hand, freedom loving, having lead life without any controls, then Isha Foundation and It's Yoga is simply a No No for you, like myself.

In my view, SJV offering enlightenment, by simple yogic breathing techniques/kriyas is completely Bogus. At the most the Kriyas can make one physically/mentally more active and productive and sleep quota and sex desire would reduce. This can, become a huge problem, for married people and may lead to divorces, if one spouse is not practicing the Isha Kriyas.

Isha is a very good place, for upwardly wealthy, snobbish, ultra-modern, quality NOC people, to come together, socialize and develop business contacts than any real spiritual benefit. As compared to traditional Spiritual Organizations like Sri Ramakrishna Mission, The Divine Life Society, ISKCON, Jagad Guru Kripalu Parishat I could not find anything of high spiritual substance in Isha considering the hype made in marketing. It is all more Show, Glamour, Self-induced frenzy than real spiritual stuff.

The material side of Isha is 90% and spiritual side is only 10%. In the beginning it was the reverse. A purely good time pass for those people who are born in rich families with neither job commitments, family and willing to spend both their time, money and labour in order to expand the SJV and Isha Empire as a feel good thing of having done something towards their guru and society. Not my cup of Tea as I have knowledge of the other world!

I can never accept this one fact that any mortal, conditioned human being, like sadhguru having the same defects like me; 1-Imperfect Senses,2-Sure to make mistakes,3-propensity to Lie & cheat others, 4-Become Illusioned can be worshipped as "God" whole some, by so many educated people even in this 21st century. For me Lord Sri Krishna is only God! I rest in peace with my Guru Maharaj Nitya Leela Pravishta Om Vishnupada Astottara Sat 108 His Divine Grace Srila A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada's Transcendental Books, Gaudiya Vaishnava Philosophy, Krishna Consciousness and Scriptures.

Colonel Zaysen

Zaysen.colonel@facebook.com <Zaysen.colonel@facebook.com>

The above has been written, only to warn new comers, deciding to join the Isha yoga program for the 1st time so that they can make an informed decision keeping in mind all the truth available beforehand.

Readers are fully welcome to post comments, both pro & anti Isha, without any moderation or word verification.

Both the posts Life After Isha Yoga & Life After Isha Yoga 2 can be downloaded in a single PDF File Format From

Posted by Colonel Zaysen at 11:28 AM

-------
[zaysen.blogspot.com]
Comments(selected by Corboy)

1. chaxx15 August, 2012 17:57
yes a true spiritual seeker never follows anyone blindly nor do he/she puts down someone...it is just that he respects his guru as any other guru...when something is not in one's experience u have no point in proving that it is not....then what do u say about the people who literally experienced the same which u have not...so please mr. colnel zaysen...donot disgrace any one and uplift the other...religiou/caste/sect/believes are all the same....it never tkes you to the reality...plez it is my humble request...

ReplyDelete
1. Anonymous17 December, 2011 00:05
Hi there Zaysen,

You are the 1st person who has correctly described the BSP program. I just got back from the BSP program, and was going to stay for a Sathsang on the next day. As soon as they gave me my cell phone back, I called my husband and had him change my flight to a day earlier. I wanted to run like hell. The whole thing scared me straight.

I loved IE, (Inner Engineering) but BSP was way too bizarre for all the reasons you mentioned. I, have not felt myself, since coming home. It's totally bumming me out, since I had to do so much work to get out of my depression and anxiety.

I absolutely hated the whole thing and would never attend another class. I feel almost superstitious like I'm feeling this way because I came home and told my husband of some of the bizarre things that went on. As you know, it's supposed to be classified information---LOL. I need to get rid of that and move on. I was perfectly fine before, I went there. I'm freaking myself out now!

Wesslea
ReplyDelete
Replies
1. Anonymous24 February, 2012 15:09
Good Wesslea that you took the right decision to quit. Thank you Mr. Zaysen for the blog. It is sure to be an eyeopener for one and all.
Delete
2. Anonymous05 March, 2013 15:43
Hello.. Talk about people with no experience of the tradition of Shiva and who are too used the sophisticated silence of their places of worship. Just because there is madness in BSp, it does not mean that there is no method. There is more method to it than you can fathom. But yes it can scare the daylights out of you if you are the more proper kind. If you persevere, you will love shoonya and the rest to follow

2. Anonymous31 December, 2011 14:50

The BSP program during the initial talk of the program only, it's made very clear that it's something to do with making you see beyond the your own limitations. So, we have got lot of limitation is our life. it can be physical limitation or mental limitations. Everyone who all have posted comments about BSP program, if they have not attend the program they would have never known in there life that they could do something of that intense in there lives. There is no doubt that going through BSP is not easy at Isha Yoga Centre but the program itself is designed to break your limitations and i feel it solves the purpose and does make you realize your body and mind is capable of doing much more things then you have imagined.

1. Colonel Zaysen28 November, 2012 21:50
I am completely open to learning any new teaching or kriyas for my inner growth, but not in favor of undergoing nervous or body break down programs like BSP. But if u have not read my 2009 blog post please do so and u will then realize what happened after BSP and why I then ventured for Shoonya!

It is for this reason only I did Shoonya and Shakti Chalana Kriya and never bothered to do Samyama as it would be the same like BSP!

Colonel Zaysen

(Some comments deleted for brevitys sake. go to Blog to read them all--Corboy)

2. Anonymous05 March, 2013 15:50
Sadhguru has never claimed he invented it you immature fool. He always says that in days of yore it took 21 years or more to receive it from the masters. Stop lying please

17. Rama Lekshman15 May, 2012 18:14
Finally one think I have realized from your experience. BSP must be a great experience like giving birth to a baby. You are such a poor person to misunderstand it. Jaggi always used to say, "Don't imagine things, be yourself and look into yourself". I think you have missed that point

22. Anonymous20 May, 2012 21:10
isha is just a bunch of crap and vasudev is just an entertainer. he has nothing to offer. there's lots to find out about his dark side if you look and research. zaysen has just scratched the surface of his shenanigans.

Replies
1. Colonel Zaysen21 May, 2012 10:04
I had dug much deeper into Isha and Had published a very long article about SJV his lies and deceptions manipulations which was removed on 15-May-2012 because the Isha Shenanigans threatened me with death/law suit. If you need the same please e-mail me!

Read the other writings by Colonel Z
Date: November 27, 2013 12:37AM

If interested, there is additional material on Colonel Z's blog. Go there to find additionalm material and live links.

Isha Yoga - [zaysen.blogspot.com] ... - Facebook[zaysen.blogspot.com].
[www.facebook.com]... - Similar pages

Colonel Z lives in India and faces much more vitriol than someone resident in the United States. All Westeners who romanticize gurus, yoga and India and who are invited to become involved with Jaggi or some other guru should be well aware of this:

If later, you discover you want to leave, you will face a tidal wave of hatred if you dare write or say anything in public media. And the cruelty of insult dished out by Indian spiritual aspirants far exceeds the mere brutishness produced by pro-guru American cyber trolls.

The flip side of Indian spirituality is Indian cruelty toward anyone who dares offer objective critique of a guru.

Now...for another perspective on Isha, the Chronic Vagabond blog

--------
This is Google's cache of [vamseekamana.blogspot.com] of a Vagabond

Sunday, January 3, 2010
My Review of Isha yoga

One of my relative who is spiritually inclined ,forced me to come to isha class with him. I went to the first class and liked what I saw. As an atheist, it was nice to see yoga and meditation being taught with the use of science instead of religion and mysticism.

Whenever you meet these non-profit social work based organisations, the first test is the money test. Tell them that you have no money. If they refuse, then its good 4 u. You dont need them and they must be totally bogus..just like 'art of living'. I put them to test and they passed, as they offered installments at reduced price. Of course, I had no money either.

Okay, the first day went like like this.

who are u?
I am my consciousness.
no.anyone else.blah.blah..blah..and you are your consciousness.
I just said that
no u didnt.
no ..i did.
no..u didnt.

The teacher gets pissed off if you already knew the answers, as she already prepared a half-hour speech to lead us into that answer.

There must be certain amount of narcissim to be in the position. Infact, I believe that all the so called famous guru's are hardcore narcissists.These narcissists always start a belief system, and the sheep has to follow it without questioning.I have to agree though, that Isha classes allow certain amount of questions and arguments, but in the end, they don't agree with you even though your argument is more logical. They say that it is experiential rather than logical.

For me, questioning is a very fundamental aspect of being human being.Thats where human beings got seperated from republicans and right wingers.Some of the best gurus and human beings are those about whom you would have never heard off.Thats the irony.

I used to be totally intolerant to the belief systems. But, now, things changed a bit and I feel that there is something good in everything. Get the good thing and throw away the bad stuff..using cold logic or just by intuition.But, never approach any belief system when you are depressed. They will obviously provide you with temporary relief....but it acts more like a cocaine, which I believe is a dangerous drug, and make you want it again and again....ever heard of Karl Marx, who said 'Religion is the opium of the masses'.Agree to disagree, if you want to, but, Christian evangelists work in that way by exploiting sad people.

So,

The pros:

1. The concept of living in the moment. They say that the moment you are living in right now is inevitable. The americans in the class, seemed to have a huge problem with the word 'inevitable'.They argued that the future could be changed and I think the word got lost in translation. The moment is something that lives on the border of past,present and future..and if you try to change it, it would already be in the past..and you cannot change anything that happned in the past.right? since you cannot change THIS moment, it becomes inevitable. Thats it. So, if you cannot change the moment, then u have two choices. one, accept it and be happy or fight it and get angry or sad. What would u choose??

Obviously, you choose to be happy.This is such a simple but profound concept.This concept has the power to change lot of things in a person. The secret is in accepting the moment.

You are right now reading this sentence, mother fucker.Now, you saw this and you got angry or embarrssed. But, look at it this way, whats the purpose of your anger?? You are just screwing up your 3 mins of your time getting angry, instead of reading furthur with a happy mind.The fact that you saw that sentence would not change and even the fact that I wrote that would not change. So, given a choice of being happy or sad,you choose the negative emotion instincitvely.Now, at this moment, while you are reading this sentence, why dont u choose to be happy. Why not?? I ask you.

How about all the revolutions and civil right movements, which changed the world for better and which had anger as its main source. The fact of the matter is -- anger is there for a good evolutionary reason -- to protect yourself. But, can it be possible that you have no anger and protest at the same time. Good question. I have no answer, but, I believe that any long term movement cannot be run on anger alone.Anger must be there as a starting point, not the middle or end point. You gotta sit, write stuff and have discussions etc with a cool mind. Right?? But, in the purview of a family, I can 100% say that anger is definitely a negative emotion which produced suffering to lot of people.

2.The concept that you are a nobody. You are not your body. You are not your mind. You are a nobody. If you are a nobody, then why are u always worrying about body and mind and pain and death?? Pain necessarily dosent mean that you have to suffer. Jesus chirst was on the cross with lot of pain ..but he didnt suffer because he loved the world. Of course, christians disagree with that.

In your life, you are always playing roles..as a son, wife or CEO etc. The problem is that, people think that they ARE those roles. Thats why they suffer. The fact is that, they are just playing those roles. You are just an actor. Once you realise that, you will be free of suffering.

Actually, I came to those conclusions many times before using mushrooms.This surely shows (to the world) that mushroom is not some useless drug, it is a mind-opener, atleast temporarily.

3.When it comes to food, listen to you body than mind. I agree.

4. The fact that u like or dislike an external stimuli is your karma.
Its better not to have that karma at all. I have some problem with that concept.

5. There is no god as such..whatever you are praying to is just energy which we all are made off.

6. Sadguru (the head of the organisation) is knowledgable, clever and a great story teller..and above all he is a great businessman.

Cons:

1. The volunters looked like robots...mesmerized by sadhguru..which actualy scared me. Everything was soo professional and exact..

2. Emphasis was more on the person than the message

3. They started pooja and all that Sanskrit chanting which bored me.

4. Just by observing your breath, sadguru can tell your past, future and present. You fking kidding me??

5.You have to unlearn every thing u learnt in life. Knowledge leads to suffering.This is total BS.

6.There is a difference between fact and truth.Like blind belief??

7.If we follow sadhguru message, there can never be capitalism. but at the same time sadguru has a special program to help these business people to effectively run their business..

8. They want world peace..but wont protest wars. they want to change one person at a time...lol

9. The teacher talks like a carbon copy of sadhguru as if she lost her own will and mind. Whatever he says is right. They have this method of teaching..where they ask lot of questions before moving in to a concept.
so, a huge problem if some one anwers them.They think that they are on a moral and knowlegde highground than you.

10. "please see", "isnt it so?" ...they always use the same words sadhguru uses..including his smile.

11. Dhaynalinga....my ass!

12. You are not supposed to tell any one the kriya as you may go crazy. what??

13. The 'cult' bells rang crazy in my head

I came to conclusion about all these things long time before using science, except living in the moment.

In one sentence, it is all about being aware and conscious...and meaning of which the materialistic world can never understand. Being conscious is a beautiful thing....your inner world cannot be shattered because of outside events. There are moments when I am aware of myself and conscious of who I am. Funny thing is that, I found that again during sex on weed.The few seconds of organsm are the few seconds of awareness you get during the day.Please dont try to put the orgasm in the taboo shelf.(That is one more thing which always used to bug me..why talking about sex is such a taboo thing when everyone else do it. I believe orgasm is in competition with the religion and the censorship has its roots in supressing women...wait...it needs a bigger article) Weed gives a sense of half awareness..(unlike mushrooms which just take control of your brain and produces ego death) ..where u become aware of your heart beat to everything else in your body.

It makes u introspective. It slows everything down. Now, sex is difficult on weed ..but if somehow u manage, it would be very pleasurable.The fact that you love your partner more on weed also helps. Since everything goes in slow motion on weed, even the organsm goes in slow motion.

Its like neo watching the bullet shot at him.(I believe that the philosophy of matrix movie is the philosophy of mushrooms. Replace the machines with your brain) You not only experience it in slow motion but also conscious of it.I think, this is called ecstacy or bliss. Experiencing something without being conscious (sometimes) is not pleasurable to me..and during those times, I felt like as if I reached a higher state and I like there. Now, don't get angry with me, as I made you embarrassed for even reading the blog. I want you to ask yourself, "Why am I embarrassed or feigning embarrasment?"...and the only answer you come up is "because I was taught to be". Good logic and good night. ;)

Some people say that being on weed is not real. But, I ask you, what is real?? If you take a situation and ask people to describe it, every one would describe it in a different way. If you are on weed though, every one may come to the same conclusion -- for example, they may reject that situation and just say everything is love.

So, If you are aware all the time,then, you not only act in your movie of life but also watch it as an audience. I like what the isha teacher said about it..that your life is like a suspense thriller, and you would be pissed off if someone is telling it before hand, isnt it so?? The suspense thriller has soo many unexpected turns in it..and you wish that it would have soo many turns yourself..then why not with your life..why cant your life be like an organic suspense thriller instead of a boring 'janaganamana' everyday. Excellent point.

We all know that the protagonsist die in the end, but u still enjoy the movie. (Actually u wont die...since ur a nobody in the first place). The key is in being aware and aware.

How to become aware in legal and non-taboo way. I will give it you for free. Just run or excercise like crazy for 5 mintues. Then fall down or sit down exhausted...and relax...and then take breaths a little bit slower than usual..and observe it. Observe (not study) how the air is supplying you life..the purpose of it is to eliminate all the clutter in your brain....then u may find yourself..for a few seconds..

(excerted for brevity-corboy)

In conclusion, Isha is the same shit in a new bottle..a rather nice scientific looking bottle.Some how, I am convinced that I need to look furthur in to this inner science ( thats what he calls it). Because I used to think that certain things like human mind and soul can mostly be understood from within..because its YOUR mind and soul.

If it costs like 100 bucks, then give it a shot.

Note : Osho (rajneesh) said the same thing many years back what Isha is teaching these days.
Posted by Vamsee at 3:13 PM

32 comments:
Anonymous said...
So true my friend. I have been through it and there is some useful stuff in it, but under all that sheep's clothing it is nothing but a cult.

You should try out Vipassana, it too has the cultish mode, but still there are a lot more positives if you can ignore the cultishness. www.dhamma.org. You don'tt even have to pay anything, they give you board and food for 10 days.

I like your writing, it is very very good, you have a flair for it.

January 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Vamsee said...
Thanks for reading yo. I will look in to that. but, I believe that any system or idea which is codified in to rules and practices will ultimately lose its effectiveness

January 27, 2010 at 7:35 PM
I said...
Vamsee

What a co-incidence, I also been to one Satsang recently who are a followers of Osho. Until then I had very negavtive opinions about these kinds of people but this Master was very good, I have to agree that he is more knowledgable than me and listening to his speeches from then onwards. And you know what, these are exactly the same concepts (Words & sentences) which he taught us, so the ways may be different, but the destination is same.

One difference was that in my case its not like a complete lecture, kind of interactive session, but at the end its always the Masters words get true :)

The pros:
4. The fact that u like or dislike an external stimuli is your karma.
Its better not to have that karma at all. I have some problem with that concept.
I am still not convinced whether we have births and karma, but I beleive that we give our soul to our children as children are born from inside us, thus our soul goes on growing.
6. Sadguru (the head of the organisation) is knowledgable, clever and a great story teller..and above all he is a great businessman.
True (Especially the last point :))

Cons:
1. The volunters looked like robots...mesmerized by sadhguru..which actualy scared me. Everything was soo professional and exact..
May be that was not intentional
2. Emphasis was more on the person than the message
Isn't this a good point? Instead of being abstract, they are concentrating on the subject.
3. They started pooja and all that Sanskrit chanting which bored me.
Everyone has their own ways. The reason they do pooja and pray is that we can control our mind during that time, we concentrate only on that task (pooja). If you can achieve the same thing doing any other task, then thats well and good.
4. Just by observing your breath, sadguru can tell your past, future and present. You fking kidding me??
Just think how you analyzed and guessed my details; isn't this the same?
5.You have to unlearn every thing u learnt in life. Knowledge leads to suffering.This is total BS.
Well, I am still in dilemma over this.
6.There is a difference between fact and truth.Like blind belief??
I agree with this, I dont know the truth; all I see are facts and different perspectives from different people
7.If we follow sadhguru message, there can never be capitalism. but at the same time sadguru has a special program to help these business people to effectively run their business..
8. They want world peace..but wont protest wars. they want to change one person at a time...lol
9. The teacher talks like a carbon copy of sadhguru as if she lost her own will and mind. Whatever he says is right. They have this method of teaching..where they ask lot of questions before moving in to a concept.
Basically the truth is the same, so wheoever teaches it, it remains the same.
11. Dhaynalinga....my ass!
Well, its not necessary that everyone should follow the same route, but its not good to criticize other paths

Take care

(Corboy: V is offering his own opinion. And it is his human right to do so. And remember, he stated that a relative pressurized him to attend that Isha session. If you dislike food in a restaurant no one disputes your right to say so. Yet, if you dislike what is offered in some guru's spiritual restaurant, the gurus followers claim you have no right to 'criticise thier path'. So..we lose our human right to free speech the moment its a religious discussion? Come on...Corboy)

February 17, 2010 at 8:24 AM
Anonymous said...
bhai this is nice article...i have been through this bull shit somme 2 years back...it was called "art of living"...naa bongu 2000 rupayalau dobbinchukunaanu just for 6 days...adedho sudarshana kriya ani breathing exercise cheyipistaaru...its better to watch porn movie of tera patrick u will get much more relief....n e ways ee left wing right wing ante endanna?

-- sheshu

March 16, 2010 at 10:56 AM
wallgazer said...
very nice! majority of people are plain lazy. they just want to believe in someone else, who can figure out stuff for them.. paying those hefty fees is an appropriate penalty for their laziness.. i particularly liked the part that 'everybody imitates the master guy' -thereby losing their own individuality. cant get more disastrous than that.. atleast we know that if people practice isha yoga, they will end up looking alike (reminds me of the multiple copies of agent smith in the matrix). i think u should make a black comedy out of this whole episode..
btw, did u hear abt RamD's claims that yoga can cure aids??? flatulence, ringing ear, twitching eye -tops; aids impossible... sorry i'm digressing!

April 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Anonymous said...
Most of you guys are doing what you claim these organizations are upto. So what is this old guy doing amassing all the so called wealth? I ee you guys as the dogs that bark at rain. sad i bumped into your blog to waste time on ur opinionated, shallow, narrow minded, close to retarded views packed in some nice words. You sure can write, but got no substance.

August 6, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Vamsee said...
At least I am not the anonymous dog barking at anonymous rain.

One advice : Never get dependent on any system.

August 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Anonymous said...

finally someone has written bout something intellectually worthwhile.. this is a great post..im going through this isha 7 day program. today i was INITIATED in to shambavi bla bla..

to tell you the truth i did start shaking and smiling when i did this..ill tell you why..i ve just finished my mbbs degree so i m up o this stuff..during this shambavi thinghy in one step you re supposed to breathe erratically for 4 minutes..

this can cause a decrease in the carbon di oxide content of blood leading to a cndition called respiratory alkalosis which is commonly calleda panic attack..

this can cause a clouding of the sensations..together with the heavy and fast drums playing on the background this can cause furthrer confusion to the sensory system..and alongwith the belief of or atleast forcefully made to believe that something great or supernatural is going to happenit makesfor a nice buildup...well i had a glass of water that they gave before i started the meditation thing..of four ppl i spoke to 3 felt woozy duru=ing the procedure and one guy who dint drink anything couldnt even understand what we re talking about..guys this is a cult..beware!

August 29, 2010 at 5:37 AM
Anonymous said...
finally,I'd like to break off with telling u that
'the greatness of yoga and meditation is far beyond the comprehension of inferior beings like u to understand'

January 10, 2011 at 3:53 AM
Renu said...
Right!

Y do u blame BULL. It is Vamsee SHIT.

In fact you can rename the Blog as Vamseekamana SHIT SPOT

It would be more apt.
I wonder how can anyone write such NONSENSE & do u think people are bunch of fools to read your blog. sorrry SHIT

February 25, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Anonymous said...
I loved your article,its so truee! i've been to this program!it scared me .. volunteers looked crazy as if they smoked marijana!!smiling like stupid.I left the program the 4th day i was so scared after listning to the volunteers saying : its difficult to me to describe what happens to me after the meditation,i start laughing histarically than OF COURSE i crY histariclly..

the second volunteer said: I was sitting on the table .. i was looking the fruit,i couldnt believe that i couldv see each particul of it..it was so HUUUGE,and than i looked and found no one on the table everyone left .. they get crazy man!! with the hallucinations,crying,laughing!

On the last day, i went to the class to ask for a refund at least for the days i didnt attend,guess what the guy said,we used to pay the refund before but now,our organisation became bigger and we are registered so we have the right to refuse to reimburse..

i told him that i need the money,since you are saying that you are a non profit org and you help people i ask u to help me and give me back my money .. he refused of course..I felt stronger after this class .. i felt that i control my mind .. i am a human being i think i give my opinion .. i refused to GIVE THEM MY MIND.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF U HAVE A GROUP ON FCBK TO JOIN IT AND SHARE IT.PLEASE NOTE that your article saved me,when i came back home on the 4th day,i was scared spent the night crying than surfed the internet and found ur article I WAS EXTREEMLEYY HAPPY,when i found out that i am not crazy,since all the participants were going on and on with this pg and i was the only one aware of it,how dangerous it was.Thank you so MUCH. LEBANON-BEIRUT

April 14, 2011 at 9:53 AM
Colonel Zaysen said...
I agree very much on whatever has been written. But again it is a Cult and A Hugely Profitable Organization Masquerading as a Charity. However there are too much contradictions and Lying by the Sadhguru to Get People to come to his programs.

Please check this to know the real truth:

[zaysen.blogspot.com]

June 4, 2011 at 1:26 PM
Anonymous said...
It's a long thread and I apologize for not actually reading through every single post. I just want to quickly share a little of my experience with Isha. I've spent time in the Isha Yoga Center in India, and completed the Samyama program.

Literally since day one with Isha I've been trying to get used to the fake ecstatic mourning and groaning of most of the "meditators". One Indian woman during a discourse by Sadhguru certainly certainly pushed my patience to the limit.

Usually the mass hysteria happens only when Sadhguru is quiet, meditating himself, chanting, or guiding group meditation, NOT when he's giving a lecture, like what we see in his many overpriced DVD of his teachings. So it was during the very first BSP in the newly consecrated Mahima dome, when Sadhguru was giving a discourse. This Indian woman was sitting in the first row, I sat right behind her. Throughout the discourse she was clearly faking ecstasy, mourning and groaning in a manner that could only be described as if she was being slow-fucked by two men at the same time and was liking it. And yes, she was THE ONLY PERSON in the entire Mahima making noises as Sadhguru was lecturing.

She was so very annoying that at one point I was really close to telling her to shut the fuck up. She got so loud that even with the speakers, I couldn't hear Sadhguru properly because of her. (Don't forget the echos and poor acoustics in the dome - in those days anyway.) Sadhguru at one point did pause and look at her but didn't say anything. She wouldn't have known because when I looked at her face, she seemed to be keeping her eyes closed all the time.

The interesting thing is, when Sadhguru's discourse turned into a guided meditation for all, suddenly she stopped and followed Sadhguru's instruction like the rest of us. So if she can control her annoying noises, turning it on and off at will, what the fuck is that??

I could go on and on about my experience with Isha, but that's all for now. My recommendation: save your money. Get all the free stuff you can with Isha on the internet if you must. Your guru is within you.

September 1, 2011 at 3:21 AM
for sadhguru said...
Haha. this was an interesting thread to go through. With no offence to anybodys feelings.. if anyone out there is truly seeking something, it would be better to try sadhgurus methods rather than dissect his external personality.. and regarding the mass and individual hysteria,will make sense to ignore all the real ones/fake ones and be totally focussed on experiencing whats happening to oneself. maybe after few months of simply unbiasedly following instructions, commenting makes sense. If taking a logical approach, then i think you guys should just stop being such sore losers and appreciate the huge organisation that he has created and the solace that he is bringing to lakhs of people in life. Obviously he is not ordinary, people dont follow everybody do they. To carry the immense responsibility of so many peoples faith untiringly and remain grounded is not the mark of an ordinary soul. If you have a belief develop it and dont waste time defaming others beliefs..live and let live.

September 1, 2011 at 11:18 PM
Anonymous said...
hi,i m new to this isha.i dont have any beliefs in saints or gurus.i attended the 3 day cls by sathguru and i cant explain or understand what happened to me.tears were jus flowin without any reason.after someime i started doing it regularly. attended bsp also. i really experience calm and peace inside.if one can hav it by doing some simple practices,it is a worth try.

April 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM
krishna said...
isha yoga caused mental illness to me ! i suffered a lot when i was one of the follower of isha

September 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Shiva Kumar said...
Hello,

I have been doing the Isha Shambavi Mahamudra for last 150 days. The first beneifit is I stopped smoking which I have been in addiction for last 30 years. And I feel more alive,and I hv done all my routine more efficient.... and so many things.. after this 20 Minutes practice daily. There are lot sciences behind this practice. Thanks Isha... If you want to read more sciene about this... you must read the book Enlightenment.....

August 8, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Post a Comment

NVamsee
Intensity is the hallmark of my character. Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. Betrand Russel
View my complete profile

Awesome Inc. template. Powered by Blogger.

Date: November 27, 2013 08:19AM

Corboy note: One possible reason to spend time in the US rather than India:

Go to this website and look up current rate of exchange for US Dollar vs Indian Rupee.

Today, November 26, 2013 the rate is 1.00 USD = 62.4910 Indian Rupees

[www.xe.com]

Excerpt from discussion on Guruphiliac

[guruphiliac.lefora.com]

Sep 4 12 9:09 AM

why do all the isha-sadhguru followers want to explain privately to those who disagree with them (by mailing them to there personal id's.....weird isn't it)
I have done 2 of their programs:

inner engg and bsp...both of them promise to be out of body experience and something which they say "science" can't explain.

I think they never tried to find if there is a scientific explanation to these experiences, which btw are very similar to those of the psychedelic drugs.

One wonders why sadhguru is always in the U.S doing those programs and why most of his programs are targeted to the middle class quarter or midlife crisis facing people. Also what is amusing is that the followers believe that yoga(a combination of meditation and stretching exercises) can make them realized human beings, if at all such a thing like "realized" exists. What disturbs me is that Sadhguru during his discourses uses statements like "even modern science has proved ...... " ; which at times is entirely bs

Date: November 27, 2013 08:24AM

[guruphiliac.lefora.com]

21 12 12:13 PM

Isha Yoga is the biggest trap. Jaggi talks alot about transformation and the importance of it but the only way to be truly transformed by isha yoga is to be fully trapped by it. The only one that is free in isha is Jaggi because he can pretty much do what he wants, when he wants. The volunteers and the sanyassi's there are the most trapped people I can think of. they talk about liberation but they so trapped in a cult like mentality unable to think for themselves. whenever they talk they are just repeating Jaggi's words. he is very clever but he seldomly answers a question. he takes each question and uses it to propagate his particular view which is about mind control and getting people to surrender more and more to him and his foundation. I've even seen him ask his senior volunteers to ask a specific question so he can use it to sell whatever he wants to sell. Usually some program for them to show that they are making a difference for others while simultaneously they are pocketing money. He came to me and wanted me to sponsor and ambulance for a couple thousand dollars a month. WTF? I'm all about helping others but I can't give like that. He couldn't even remember my name when i was the one that had gathered about 50 people to come and hear his spiel.

As a 'spiritual' organization they are the best in terms of marketing. they are master marketers and will stop at nothing to propagate their bullshit so that more and more people can be mentally trapped.

I went to their ashram in Coimbatore for a week long program called Wholeness. When i went there I was amazed at how clean and organized it was. I also realized that they were very controlling but I loved doing the yoga and pranyams. after that I went to other programs in the USA and even brought my wife to the 7 day program. While she was their I volunteered and got to see more of the organization from the other side. the head volunteers fight like anything for Jaggi's approval. it felt very very cult like. I also attended a Bhava Spandana program that was even more controlled. One side i was seeing things that didn't jive with me but one the other side the programming was working some what and I felt guilty if i didn't follow the practices. The meditation technique didn't make much sense. it was like taking a mini power nap. I didn't trust it. the breathing practices (pranayams) are the main part of their program and throw in some asanas and a weird meditation techniques taking you through this ceremony and giving you a mantra.

Jaggi does a great job at making people think and feel that his yoga is real yoga and others are pretty much mislead yoga or dangerous yoga. I also remember reading in one of his books that he lives off the energy of his followers and through their practices. I think it was in mystic musing or Encounter the Enlightened.

check out that title Encounter the Enlightened. so this guy is Enlightened and selling enlightenment big time. They have a couple hundred acres of land in Tennesse and big ashrma in India not to mention followers in other countries. Lots of foreign volunteer live in India slaving away for free.

There's not much negative info regarding Isha on the net. They're great at getting their followers to spam and all that. It's been almost 6 or 7 yrs since my Isha yoga experience but I'm so glad I'm not into that trap. it never felt right even though i love yoga and my Indian culture and heritage. if you're a follower join Isha. you'll fit in with all the others that have given up a sense of true responsibility for their life. that was another thing he always talked about Responsibility. I never understood what he was going on and on about. He can be very boring to listen to for long periods of time. i would fall asleep at his lectures in India and they would make you feel so bad for it. he goes on and on about responsibility to create all these mindless volunteers that give everything to him and his foundation.

it's a trap. Run be free

Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.