Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Leonard Orr and Rebirthing
Date: December 29, 2005 09:34PM

[www.dailyping.com]

[i:e80829440a]"Apparently, this cult-like organization was exposed in the 1970's to be fraudlent (at least in the United States). The idea behind this group is that man does not need food, and that it is actually healthier to not eat or drink anything at all. They argue that you get can get all the life force you need to live and feel good from the air. The man on the above site, Wiley Brooks, is in his 60's and has supposedly only eaten a couple times in the last 20 years (presumably for social reasons). It's easy to doubt this movement, but it has religious roots (as most cults do, I guess). Extended fasting was the norm in both Tibetan Buddhism and the mystic sects of Islam (Sufis). And even in Catholicism, there's the case of Terese Neumann, a German nun, who did not eat anything at all for 35 years. And in Dr. Weil's latest book, he mentions Paramahansa Yogananda, a yogi that also never ate.

In the United States, as mentioned earlier, the Breatharians have had little success. 20 or 30 years ago, after giving a talk on Breatharian living, the so-called "guru" was seen at a Jack in the Box eating a huge stack of cheeseburgers. In another case, a hidden camera caught a guru in the snack room during a break in his talk, hoarding candy and other snacks."[/i:e80829440a]

Breatharianism is, in my mind, very suspect and dangerous. I read an article where a woman who was practiced breatharianism died as a direct result of not eating.

QE

Options: ReplyQuote
Leonard Orr and Rebirthing
Posted by: Wiser Aussie ()
Date: December 30, 2005 11:46AM

[b:6bc92ab11d]BREATHARIANS[/b:6bc92ab11d]

Thanks for the interesting information.

I actually met a 'breatharian' at one of my LGAT I was assisting at. However didn't know it at the time. Found out later, as it was kept 'very low-key'.

He was very thin, withdrawn, quiet, placid, seemed without ego and certainly was different from the rest of the participants. I believe he became a breatharian as a direct result of doing the LGAT.

He left such an impression that stays with me. He was at the stage of eating fruit every now and again. I wonder if he's still alive? Logic says, if we were meant to live on air alone our anatomy wouldn't be equipped with such a wonderful 'digestive system'.

Wiser Aussie

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.