Second congregation fighting over me
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: July 20, 2004 09:57PM

I seem to be a hot topic in Avenel: A Jew who knows a least something about Judaism. Another church has tried to get me in. They promised me a whole bunch of things they never delivered including music equipment so I can play my guitar with them during the services. They're just diddling me and I know it. They're also hinting to me that they want me to teach. I will put the latter to the test next Sunday. If they don't deliver the goods I'm gone. I'm gone anyway.
These ministers are very pushy. And this whole situation needs to be watched.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: July 21, 2004 04:50AM

Guitar eh?

Play some Skynnard, man!!!

Date: July 21, 2004 09:30PM

Templar
Guitar eh?

Play some Skynnard, man!!!
I mostly play Jewish music which is in a minor key as opposed to most church music which is in a major key. I simply don't fit in and besides I have my own beliefs in G-d which are my own business.

Posted by: Wordgirl ()
Date: July 22, 2004 03:32AM

So maybe it's your musicianship they're really after, Mr. Musician who Mostly plays Jewish music. I say MAKE THEM PAY. Big time.

It's high time musicians started making demands on people who would have them volunteer their services for free. You are probably every bit as popular as some well-spoken preachers/gurus/head honchos.

Tell them exactly how much it will cost them for the use of your services. Then go in and play what you want to play. Either they'll never bother you again, or they'll realize what an excellent draw you are and how essential you will be for maintaining or improving their membership.

PS: Skip the Skynnard. Santana's more spiritual (IMO, of course). (And yes, I know he was/is(?) a follower of that Chimnoy guy.)

Date: July 22, 2004 09:19PM

Wordgirl
So maybe it's your musicianship they're really after, Mr. Musician who Mostly plays Jewish music. I say MAKE THEM PAY. Big time.

It's high time musicians started making demands on people who would have them volunteer their services for free. You are probably every bit as popular as some well-spoken preachers/gurus/head honchos.

Tell them exactly how much it will cost them for the use of your services. Then go in and play what you want to play. Either they'll never bother you again, or they'll realize what an excellent draw you are and how essential you will be for maintaining or improving their membership.

PS: Skip the Skynnard. Santana's more spiritual (IMO, of course). (And yes, I know he was/is(?) a follower of that Chimnoy guy.)
They're just diddling me. It's a small congregation, mostly the Pastor's family. I prefer to extricate myself from all of this and not get my soul soiled again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.