Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: UNIVERSAL TEMPLE OF HIGHER CONSCIOUSNESS (U.T.H.C.)/TES
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:20PM

They look like a lovely bunch of irreverent troubadors, adhering to no creed, accepting of most universal truths, pushing many boundaries, and more interested in performance, polyamory, music and hippy culture than anything which could be called a cult.
Inclusive artistic groups like this often attract those with very creative spirits, who find no other place in this world. They don't prey upon adolescent seekers. They attract adults who freely choose their association. And we are blessed to have them here! They actually minister to the outcasts, disturbed and downtrodden in a practical artistic way. And make our lives more colourful!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2008 04:26PM by Blackhat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 13, 2008 07:04PM

realuphuman.net has been banned from the board.

Too much spam instead of substance in posts.

Pretty much self-promotion and blather.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: May 13, 2008 07:18PM

Not surprising.

Which has nothing to do with UTHC, and there is still nothing to suggest that they are anything but a loose artistic polyamorous hippy collective, not a cult. Any information to the contrary is as yet forthcoming, and until such, they should not be pursued or persecuted as some kind of cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2008 07:21PM by Blackhat.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 14, 2008 12:19AM

But yet, they seem like a kind of quasi-religious group to me, what with the references to "God" and "The God Squad", pictures of Krsna and Yogananda on the walls, overtones of shamanism, TES' special status, etc. OK, they are probably relatively harmless. I ran into them during my travels and thought that they were noteworthy enough to report on here. That is all.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 14, 2008 02:37AM

It just occurred to me that they call themselves a "temple" or "church"is likely for tax purposes only, so that they can receive a special tax-exempt status.
That's probably why they present themselves so. Probably they are harmless IMO.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.