Discussions on the Cult News from Rick Ross site?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 01, 2008 02:08PM

hey, hope this is not out of line, BUT...the
[www.cultnews.com]
site seemed to be quiet for a while, and I stopped looking.
I happened to look, and there is a whole string of new excellent detailed reports!
Very educational.

So I hope its ok to post this, but I just wanted to shout-out that reminder, in case others got out of the habit of looking.

Its covering some media analysis, large and small.
Also information about cult deprogramming, and the so-called "Anti Cult Cult".

Now, not that I am fond of my ironic namesake, but I have noticed a growing use of that very phrase in certain areas. As mentioned in the article, it does take on the character of thought-termination.
Its a way to deflect any criticial analysis. Perhaps a version of the Straw Man, or a type of Ad Hominem?
One could easily list a huge string of ambiguous Cult Apologist sites that are using that exact terminology, even just boiled down to one sentence, and repeated over and over.
Is that a new strategy being promoted, or has it evolved?

I have noticed there does appear to be a new type of ambiguous "Double-Bind-Cult-Apologist" emerging, with a mixed tactic of highly selective cultic ambiguousness, and active aggressive cultic criticism. It does created a type of Programmed Confusion in the average reader.

Regardless, maybe we could keep this thread open, and when there are new articles posted, we can discuss the ideas?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.