Scientology cult in NYC Subway (42nd St Lex Ave transfer tunnel)
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: February 18, 2008 02:42AM

Sent to the MTA:

Sir or Madam:

Please note that the Scientology cult was in the Transfer Tunnel that runs from
the 4,5,6 subways to the Shuttle on the afternoon of Sat, Feb 16. They set up tables
in an unauthorized area of the tunnel. As such, they were creating dangerous conditions
for passengers trying to walk past them to the 4,5,6 or the Shuttle.

Regards,
Matt

Question Reference #080217-000029
---------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Scientology cult in Transfer Tunnel
MTA Service: NYC Transit Subway
Category: Complaint
Date Created: 02/17/2008 01:33 PM
Last Updated: 02/17/2008 01:33 PM
Date/Time of Event: 02/16/2008 04:30 PM

Location of Event
---------------------------------------------------------------
Transfer tunnel bet 4,5,6 and Shuttle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scientology cult in NYC Subway (42nd St Lex Ave transfer tunnel)
Posted by: laarree ()
Date: May 17, 2008 05:26AM

They've also been set up in the 42nd Street/8th avenue subway station for years. I see them all the time, as I enter the subway to go home at this station. Their table is in the underground area right by the entrance to the pedestrian tunnel connecting this 8th Avenue station to the Times Square subway stations. This tunnel typically has a group of Christian nutjobs soliciting in it.

Posted by: talking_bowl ()
Date: June 07, 2008 06:31AM

I used to live in Boston, and Scientologists there regularly set up their little "free stress test" tables at the Harvard Square T station. It doesn't surprise me they've been blocking foot traffic in other cities as well.

Date: July 07, 2008 12:17PM

Thank you for the information - are they usually outside the turnstiles to the A, C and E trains? I think I know the area you are speaking about.

laarree
They've also been set up in the 42nd Street/8th avenue subway station for years. I see them all the time, as I enter the subway to go home at this station. Their table is in the underground area right by the entrance to the pedestrian tunnel connecting this 8th Avenue station to the Times Square subway stations. This tunnel typically has a group of Christian nutjobs soliciting in it.

Posted by: laarree ()
Date: July 08, 2008 11:06PM

mjr40
Thank you for the information - are they usually outside the turnstiles to the A, C and E trains? I think I know the area you are speaking about.

laarree

They are near the turnstiles, actually within the subway station itself.

Roger that
Date: July 09, 2008 08:57AM

laarree
They are near the turnstiles, actually within the subway station itself.

Roger that. If I see them in the future, I will file a report on www.mta.info through the "Contact Us" link so that a paper trail will start to develop.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.