Re: Ching Hai, meditation brainwashing, Sai Baba
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:33PM

There was a small Yahoo group about Ching Hai. More information is coming out about Ching Hai.

Search Google for:

Ching Hai cult

---------------------------------
Exchinghai
[uk.groups.yahoo.com]
"Description
This group is for those who have left ching hai's quan yin meditation group,present questioning devotees other interested people to leave messages on why they left the cult.Please post messages anonymously constructively. You may have been shouted down or ridiculed in front of everyone at group meetings whenever you asked a sincere question, well here's your chance to speak your mind freely without the fear of being accused of being a low level practitioner. You are not alone. On the surface, this group looks like the real deal spiritually with their free meditation classes and ching hai's charitable works but our former groups did the same still deceived us. We thank the ex members and the courageous ching hai members who have privately sent us links infos for inclusion to this new site. This will help us and others view things in a more objective light. Thank you and welcome. "

Re: Supreme Master Television free-to-air satellite -Ching Hai propaganda
Posted by: puresoul ()
Date: April 07, 2011 05:53PM

Ocean_Of_Lies
I was really shocked and didn't know how to react. It was unbelivable for me that an educated girl (the is a postgrad student!) could watch such a TV chanel more than 1 minute without thinking "what the hell am I doing here!". I really tried to watch more, in order to check if there was something good that I missed, but there is not. I understood that SupremeMasterTV was much more than an insult to human intelligence : a brainwashing machine. I didn't know much about sects at that time, but it was obvious to me that she was in a kind of sect. I naively tried to warn her, in vain. An endless denial. Each time she was repeating that Master was so good, that she never lies, impossible. The more I was trying to put her in an awkward position (for her to notice there was something wrong in her beliefs and her blind love for Ching Hai), the more she felt confident to tell me about Ching Hai's teaching. I know that there are still many things that she doesn't allow herself to tell me, but what I heard is already amazing.

On one gathering not long ago, She started like ‘ you know you’re all poisoned by the society, what’s point of studying & becoming a lawyer etc..’, then She claimed she had obtained a Phd, but she had forgotten about it, further more, she carried on saying ‘you know how easy to get a Phd, I just turned up in the classes, that’s all!’ To me, the fact that She has a degree of Phd, sounds like an apparent Lie to me. Then I started to wonder those of Her official biography, romance story of Her ex-husband searching for Her in Hymalaya & the story of Her real guru of 450 years old coming up 10 years later since She started the group, and now 20 years later she claimed She holds a Phd. She could have been living in Her own fantasy world where she can rewrite Her own history of life.
Pity, Her claim of having a Phd, is very likely off record, as working team or Herself would edit out all the “improper’’ materials feeding to disciples. I wish Dr. Tuttle would know this claim and verify there’s in fact a Dr. Chinghai.

Re: Supreme Master Television free-to-air satellite -Ching Hai propaganda
Posted by: dynamic ()
Date: April 08, 2011 02:58AM

<SIDE STORY>
LOL at using Dr. Will Tuttle. The reason that Dr. Tuttle is in SMCH's back pocket is simple. The disciples single handedly made it a best seller on Amazon and possibly NYT. Let me tell you how. When Will's World Peace Diet book was released on Amazon, initiates got an email from Foreign Group(the administrative arm of the orginization) for initiates and centers to purchase as many books as they can on amazon(as it will help save the world and educate on the benefits of vegetarianism), reccomending 5-10 at minimum and have them billed to and shipped to different addresses to game Amazon's ranking system, much like how the two bizzare animal books SMCH wrote were able to skyrocket on amazon for a short period of time. The disciples sales volume brought the book to best seller status and put a good amount of money into Will's pocket, if he knows it or not(pretty sure he is aware of it) The funny thing is the eco/green/vegetarian movement is all greased with other people's money.
<end side story>

As for the PHD thing, havent heard of that one, and i've watched alot of the videos. I'm still trying to get a copy of the thesis that was written by Lai at the University of California back in the 90s about SMCH that many articles apparently reference to. It has a researched background and true history of SMCH apparently. Anyone have access to UCSD thesis database?

Re: Supreme Master "Dr". Ching Hai PhD? true or false?
Date: April 09, 2011 11:01AM

This is a very good start into researching the facts about this Ching Hai group/sect and their leader and persuasion techniques, and alerting the general public about what is going on.
There is not that much research yet into Ching Hai out there.

But there are a lot of people reading this thread, so for all the former or current Ching Hai insiders, this might be the thread to simply tell it like it is. They could just register with a pseudonym, and just let everyone know what is really going on, from their perspective.
Pretty soon someone is going to tell Ms Ching Hai herself about these threads, and mommas not going to be too happy, and will probably just tell her followers the internet is evil, except for her website and TV station, so just watch SMCH TV 24/7 and get more Chingbrainwashed.

If one searches Google for:

Ching Hai cult

this forum comes up on the first page. So anyone in the world can find their way here with a few clicks, so this might be the place to spill the (organic vegan) beans.

The way they made Will Tuttle's books an "amazon bestseller" is the way most of these sects, and MLM's manipulate the system, so they can claim "Amazon bestseller" (in a fringe category for 2 hours, that is).
They get their people to flood the system, and drive it up the rankings for a couple hours. What honorable behavior.

Someone should find that email that went out about shilling and buying that book
World Peace Diet: Eating for Spiritual Health and Social Harmony [Paperback] Will Tuttle (Author) [www.amazon.com]
and then repost it in this thread. The facts matter.
You can see books like that have almost all 5 Star reviews, due to the cross-shilling factor. Unlike regular mass-market books, which have Amazon reviews that are balanced.

And when ANYONE in this cultish field, claims to be a "Dr." or a "PhD" that needs to be researched and verified.
What is seen time and again, is they are either lying, have it from an unaccredited college in an unrelated field, or have bought some bogus "PhD" off the internet for $19.99. (rarely its legit, but usually in an unrelated field).

If "Dr." Ching Hai was claiming to have a PhD, someone can call her office and ask WHERE and WHEN. Then that can be verified or falsified. For those on the inside of SMCH they will be shocked when they find out someone has been telling blatant lies. (of course, that is common practice in these groups, to tell big lies with confidence.)

The way to figure these groups out, is to study the techniques they use. For example, Ching Hai uses very direct and even crude persuasion and even "brainwashing" techniques on her followers. Many followers of hers would be shocked to learn the specific techniques she is using, and how other cultish leaders use them too.
Ms Ching Hai clearly learned these techniques from her other Gurus and people she has studied. Not the "spiritual" techniques, the actual techniques of persuasion she is using on people. She is doing it 100% deliberately, that is very clear.

Re: Supreme Master Television -Ching Hai, UCSD thesis database
Date: April 09, 2011 11:05AM

dynamic
I'm still trying to get a copy of the thesis that was written by Lai at the University of California back in the 90s about SMCH that many articles apparently reference to. It has a researched background and true history of SMCH apparently. Anyone have access to UCSD thesis database?

One might be able to access that with an inter-library loan from a related institution. If you could post the full title, author, and any other details you have on this thesis, then perhaps it can be accessed directly through various online academic databases, which most libraries these days have a subscription for.

Will Tuttle conflict of interest -Ching Hai, www.lovinghut.us
Date: April 09, 2011 11:45AM

Its also quite sad about the Loving Hut situation. In a few areas where Vegan is popular, they MIGHT be able to break-even. Maybe.
But in other areas, not a chance. The cost of the lease, insurance, taxes, and everything else would make it a money-pit for the owners.

There is a Loving Hut which is always empty, with 4 "staff" at the front, of course they may not be getting paid. But the price for the lease in the location is huge, and selling a few lunches is not going to cover the electric bill.

Meanwhile, the local true believers in Ching Hai, have taken the risk, and set-up this restaurant. Ching Hai Inc gets paid up-front, when they buy the overpriced food.
Then how are these folks supposed to stay above water?
Of course, they think they are saving the planet, but that is all part of the SMCH persuasion-system.

On top of all this, you go into the Loving Hut, and you get completely creeped out. Its empty, and so the staff are staring and hovering. Then in a small restaurant, you have large flat-screens on every wall, EVERY WALL, which is broadcasting this absolutely crazy SMCH TV station. You have Ms Ching Hai getting her TV vanity close-up, with the screen covered with translations.
To the average person, its like some type of joke.
but its not.

So the few customers they get, get creeped-out by this cultic TV propaganda in their face. Its not enough for Ching Hai to put one TV in the corner, or hand out a brochure. She needs a flat-screen on every wall.
Why?
Its media-persuasion, crassly done. It shows that in fact Ching Hai engages in deliberate attempts to use media to "brainwash" people.
And its just too over the top. It would be worse if Ching Hai learns about the West, and tones it down a bit. But perhaps her Ego is too great for that.

But its a sad situation. A lot of Loving Hut owners are going to get bled-dry, and Ching Hai has NO RISK. She gets paid when they order the stuff. And she gets the publicity.
And she would keep ALL CONTROL to herself, and if you don't please her, she can pull the plug on your Loving Hut due to the trademarks which she owns, and then what?
(there is something strange here)
LOVING HUT
LIVE (Circa: 2010)
Goods and Services: Fast-food restaurants; Restaurant and catering services
[www.trademarkia.com]

So Ching Hai is not some big joke, some people are going to get hurt. And she targets a certain demographic, that is not the most savvy in these areas, on purpose.

So hopefully more ex-ChingHai will post their experiences here, so people can analyze what exactly is going on.

And of course, Will Tuttle is cross-promoting Loving Hut business too.
Will Tuttle is in a direct conflict of interest with Ching Hai. Is he paid to attend these conferences? Do they sell his material at the Ching Hai events? If so, then he is in a direct conflict of interest in regards to the Ching Hai sect.

And frankly, it sounds like he's joined up.
And he is not being intellectually honest to say they don't accept "donations". Then where is all the money coming from? Magic?
Of course, they accept donations, by any other name. People have already stated they donated large sums of money, and buy those absurd trinkets at inflated prices, etc.
So its a persuasion word-game, seen time and time again.
Why the bait-and-switch?

WHERE ARE THE AUDITED IRS 990 FORMS for the Ching Hai group, or their equivalent, so people can see where the money comes from, and where it goes?
Surprise, its all top secret. You are supposed to trust cross-promoters, telling you no one is scooping money for themselves.

Yes, those in these groups feel they have to bend the truth, to win converts to their cause. But it doesn't work. It backfires.
Its very obvious even what Will Tuttle is trying to do below.
Where's the FACTS?
Where are the hard numbers, audited by 3rd parties?

Time to find the VegNews expose of Ching Hai, and see what they were looking into.

---------------QUOTE EXCERPT FOR RESEARCH-----------------------------
[www.vegsource.com]
Loving Hut - Part of Something Bigger

Dr. Will Tuttle | January 27, 11 at 12:14 PM | Lifestyle

Read More: Loving Hut, Supreme Master Ching Hai, Veganism

I recently discovered that on January 30, 2011, the Loving Hut on Irving Street in San Francisco officially opens as the 219th Loving Hut restaurant in this burgeoning international chain of vegan restaurants.

I would like to urge everyone to support this inspiring, and nearly miraculous, manifestation of the vegan spirit of compassion, sustainability, health, and benevolent cooperation. For years, we in the vegan movement have been plotting, planning, and praying for a successful worldwide vegan restaurant chain—at last we have it!! Woo Hoo!

Please patronize a Loving Hut near you, get to know the people running it, and encourage your friends, vegan or not, to eat at Loving Hut. The menu is filled with healthy dishes that are friendly to non-vegans, to help them make the transition to more compassionate eating habits.

As most are aware, the Loving Hut vegan restaurant chain is a project of the international community inspired by the Vietnamese spiritual teacher known as Supreme Master Ching Hai....
....I have watched, read, and studied their teachings and actions for over twenty years, and since the publication of The World Peace Diet, I’ve worked with them in cities around the U.S., ....

Recently, I had the opportunity to spend an evening in Cancun, Mexico, with Master Ching Hai and about 400 guests and celebrities that she had convened to help bring the vegan message to the international global climate change negotiations that were convened there. ....

....creating vegan restaurants, books, pamphlets, videos, CDs, and Supreme Master TV, which broadcasts vegan cooking classes and constructive programming 24/7 throughout the world in over 20 languages.

Refreshingly (and remarkably), the SMCH community accepts no donations, and Master Ching Hai herself accepts no donations from her students or from anyone. Nor do they accept revenue for advertising. ...

They were recently targeted by VegNews magazine (of all bizarre things!), which ran an “exposé” in the Sep/Oct 2010 issue that awkwardly tried to “expose” the SMCH community as a “cult.” I have rarely seen a sorrier piece of journalism, and have written an in-depth critique of it here.

In the Jan/Feb 2011 issue, VegNews chose to publish a second misleading disparagement of the SMCH community in the form of a double spread of comments on their earlier article. My letter was severely truncated, eliminating vital information, as were the letters of others writing in support of the SMCH community. ....

-----------end QUOTE--------------------------

Re: Will Tuttle conflict of interest -Ching Hai, www.lovinghut.us
Date: April 09, 2011 12:03PM

Can anyone makes sense of this?
It looks like their trademark and logo, involved in selling products with animal skins? Or is it just imitation skins?
-------------------------------------
[www.trademarkia.com]
On Wednesday, November 26, 2008, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for L LOVING HUT BE VEG GO GREEN. This trademark is owned by LOVING HUT INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, TORTOLA. The USPTO has given the L LOVING HUT BE VEG GO GREEN trademark serial number of 77622120. The current federal status of this trademark filing is REGISTERED.
Filing Date: 11/26/2008
Registration Number: 3766011
Registration Date: 3/30/2010
Goods and Services: All-purpose carrying bags; Animal skins; Harnesses and saddlery; Leather and imitation leather; Parasols; Travelling trunks; Umbrellas; Walking sticks; Whips
--------------------------------------

On Tuesday, May 11, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for LOVING HUT. This trademark is owned by LOVING HUT INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, TORTOLA. The USPTO has given the LOVING HUT trademark serial number of 85035974. The current federal status of this trademark filing is REGISTERED.
Word Mark: LOVING HUT
Status/
Status Date: REGISTERED
1/11/2011
Serial Number: 85035974
Filing Date: 5/11/2010
Registration Number: 3903521
Registration Date: 1/11/2011
Goods and Services: Fast-food restaurants; Restaurant and catering services
Mark Description: NOT AVAILABLE
Type Of Mark: Service Mark
Published For Opposition Date: 10/26/2010
Latest Owner: LOVING HUT INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
TORTOLA

Correspondent:
MONICA WOO

Classification Information
International Class Code(s): 043
US Class Code(s): 100, 101
Primary Class: Services for providing food and drink; temporary accommodations.
Class(es) Status: Active
First Use Anywhere: 10/20/2008
First Use In Commerce: 10/20/2008
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Loving Hut International Limited -Ching Hai, www.lovinghut.us
Date: April 09, 2011 12:19PM

Here are the people/entities who appear to be listed for this company trademark.
Of course, the trademark seems to be registered out of a Virgin Islands POST OFFICE BOX, which of course is not for tax-benefits, as Ching Hai is so "crazy".
;-)
All these "crazy" spiritual Gurus with multiple corporations globally, based in areas to minimize taxes.

Check out how many hundreds of other companies come up for the same PO Box in the Virgin Islands as the Loving Hut Int trademark.

Search Google for the address:

OMC CHAMBERS, P.O. BOX 3152, ROAD TOWN, TORTOLA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS

----------------------------------
Loving Hut International Limited

OMC CHAMBERS, P.O.BOX 3152, ROAD TOWN, TORTOLA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS

Offices:

JANET LEE 1747 CHADWICKE CIR NAPERVILLE, IL 60540-0398

OMC CHAMBERS, P.O.BOX 3152 , ROAD TOWN, TORTOLA , VG

MONICA WOO 1747 CHADWICKE CIR NAPERVILLE, IL 60540-0398

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 12:27PM by The Anticult.

Re: Loving Hut International Limited -Ching Hai, www.lovinghut.us
Date: April 09, 2011 12:52PM

And you have to shake your head. Will Tuttle is saying this is nothing like a cultish group??
In the next breath he is talking about Supreme Master Ching Hai.
Its not enough for Ching Hai to be your Master. She wants to be your Supreme Master.

Now of course every one of these groups these days tries to fudge that, and try and make it sound like "God" is the Supreme Master...(later you find out they are One with "God" and thus...you guessed it...listen to your Supreme Master now and follow her suggestions, rules and divine commands).

Its the same game as Sai Baba, who came right out and said he was the Supreme Lord and Master of the Universe. [forum.culteducation.com]

Or Ikeda from SGI who calls it Master-Mentor/Disciple [forum.culteducation.com]

It would be useful to find the actual written/spoke text, where the Supreme Master Ching Hai talks about her status in relation to "God".

It would be fascinating to put 15 Supreme Enlightened God-Masters into one house, like Big Brother, and see who comes out on top.
Supreme Master Ching Hai frankly, would kick most of their butts, with charm, Vegan food-bombing and non-stop loud 24/7 media broadcasting to make them just give-in from mental overwhelm, confusion technique and exhaustion.
But Byron Katie [forum.culteducation.com] would give a good run for the money.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 01:02PM by The Anticult.

Re: Loving Hut International Limited -Ching Hai, www.lovinghut.us
Date: April 09, 2011 01:58PM

It would be enlightening to make a complete list of all the different companies and websites that are owned and controlled by the "crazy" like a fox Supreme Master Ching Hai.
They sure love Post Office boxes at SMCH.

www.smchbooks.com
www.suprememastertv.com
www.remembergod.org
www.godsdirectcontact.org
www.godsdirectcontact.com
www.contatodiretocomdeus.com.br
www.nepali.godsdirectcontact.net
www.magazine.godsdirectcontact.net
www.crisis2peace.org
www.sm21.net

Search Google for:

"The Supreme Master Ching Hai International Association"

"Loving Hut International Limited"

"David Tran" "ching hai"

-------------------------------
[www.corporationwiki.com]

Loving Hut, Inc
Loving Hut, Inc is located at 358 Van Gogh Cir Ponte Vedra, FL 32081. The officers include David Tran, Jennifer Y Lin, Nguyen Pham, Tao T Nguyen. Loving Hut, Inc was incorporated on Thursday, April 17, 2008 in the State of FL and is currently not active. David Tran represents Loving Hut, Inc as their registered agent.
Source: Public Record data - Department of State - Division of Corporations.

-------------------------------

David Tran

Related Companies:
* Buddha Hut, Inc
* Loving Hut, Inc
* Loving Hut, LLC

Possible Related Companies:
* The Supreme Master Ching Hai International Assoc
--------------------------------------

The Supreme Master Ching Hai International Assoc

The Supreme Master Ching Hai International Assoc is located at PO Box 492852 Leesburg, FL 34749.
The officers include Jennifer Lin, Scott John, Susan S Sam.
The Supreme Master Ching Hai International Assoc was incorporated on Thursday, March 31, 1994 in the State of FL and is currently active.
Susan S Sam represents The Supreme Master Ching Hai International Assoc as their registered agent.
Source: Public Record data - Department of State - Division of Corporations.

(public information about website domain registrants)

------------------------------
Domain Name:GODSDIRECTCONTACT.ORG
Created On:05-Jun-1999 11:13:30 UTC
Last Updated On:08-Feb-2010 16:16:28 UTC
Expiration Date:05-Jun-2015 11:14:08 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
Registrant ID:595808-NSI

Registrant Name:DAVID TRAN
Registrant Street1:### Van Gogh Circle
Registrant City:Ponte Vedra
Registrant State/Province:FL
Registrant Postal Code:32081
Registrant Country:US
------------------------------------

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

Domain Name: GODSDIRECTCONTACT.NET

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.GODSDIRECTCONTACT.ORG.TW
NS2.GODSDIRECTCONTACT.ORG.TW

---------------------------

Domain Name.......... suprememastertv.com
Creation Date........ 2006-08-13
Registration Date.... 2006-08-13
Expiry Date.......... 2012-08-13
Organisation Name.... Hoang-Thuong V U
Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
Organisation Address. 94088
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US
Domain Name:REMEMBERGOD.ORG
Created On:16-Jun-2007 07:16:26 UTC
Last Updated On:08-Dec-2009 16:14:16 UTC
Expiration Date:16-Jun-2013 07:16:26 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR33461524
Registrant Name:Harry Yi
Registrant Street1:####### Frankmont St.
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:El Monte
Registrant State/Province:California

------------------------------------------

Registrant:
Domain Discreet
ATTN: smchbooks.com
Rua Dr. Brito Camara, n 20, 1
Funchal, Madeira 9000-039
PT

--------------------------------------------
Registrant:
SMCH
4271 N. 1st St.
San Jose, CA 95134
US
Domain Name: GODSDIRECTCONTACT.COM

-----------------------------------------------
Domain Name:CRISIS2PEACE.ORG
Created On:21-Nov-2010 22:59:42 UTC
Last Updated On:21-Jan-2011 03:49:41 UTC
Expiration Date:21-Nov-2013 22:59:42 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Gabia Inc. (R84-LROR)
Registrant ID:GDC-00003695363
Registrant Name:Eunjung Kim
Registrant Street1:Gaepo 4-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Registrant City:Seoul
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code:135961
Registrant Country:KR

----------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.