Current Page: 21 of 61
Re: Supreme Master Television free-to-air satellite -Ching Hai propaganda
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: April 20, 2011 04:25AM

The literal meaning of the Chinese Guanyin or Quan Yin is: observing the sound/cries of the world--that is, one who looks down on the cries of lamentation of the sentient beings needing help.

Nothing at all about hearing some cosmic inner sound that is enlightenment and brings superpowers and salvation.

She made a canny choice there as Quan Yin is venerated right across the east, by buddhists, taoists, christians (as Mary Kannon) and does appear in Shaivism with a tenuous connection through the sanscrit to Shiva, the creator god--so the hindus get to be targeted also.

So Ching Hai has something for everyone, covering all her bases and maximising the profit potential.
I guess no matter which country she has to flee with the tax man on her tail she can always set up in a new one with her Quan Yin meditation, her 'something for everybody' schtick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SMCH Ching Hai, a dangerous manipulator, a destructive cult
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 20, 2011 04:28AM

The Ching Hai Birds book came from the library, will post info when time permits.

But right on the cover of this book, is a seal that says...

-- #1 Amazon.com Bestseller --

Meanwhile, on the Amazon.com page it says..
"Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #171,616 in Books"

The public already knows how Ching Hai and her group worked to cheat the Amazon.com rating system. [forum.culteducation.com]
Supreme Master Ching Hai instructions on how to cheat Amazon.com rank [forum.culteducation.com]

but even with the Ching Hai cheating, they didn't get a #1 Bestseller?
They may have pushed the book up in one small subsection for an hour, but where is the proof it was #1, and in what category?
It looks like another outright fraud and lie by this group.
Where is the proof it was a #1 Amazon.com Bestseller?

If the Ching Hai publisher is putting fraudulent stickers on these books, then that can be reported to Amazon.com.

---------------------
[www.amazon.com]
The Birds in My Life [Hardcover]
The Supreme Master Ching Hai
The Supreme Master Ching Hai (Author)
(Author), Gary (Illustrator), Annie (Illustrator), Nadia (Illustrator), Pearl (Illustrator), Kim Jung Eun (Illustrator), An So Soun (Illustrator), Sofia (Illustrator), Jackie (Illustrator)
# Publisher: The Supreme Master Ching Hai Intl Assoc Publishing Co.,Ltd.; 1st edition (June 1, 2007)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 9866895149
# ISBN-13: 978-9866895142
---------------------

Re: SMCH Ching Hai, another Amazon.com scam Noble Wilds
Date: April 20, 2011 04:40AM

check this out, proof that for another Ching Hai book, they were claiming it was #1 on Amazon.com, when it was selling nothing.
Outright brazen lies.
The true believers in this group will do anything for Ching Hai.

Will the Vegans wake up to reality, and realize that aligning themselves with a person and a group who will more than happily lie lie lie lie to get what they want, is bad for veganism?
Taken with everything else, this is some of the most blatant crooked behavior seen for one of these types of groups.
After a few dozen proven lies, its time to pack it in. Shows over.

---------------------------------
[www.amazon.com]
Author sending SPAM, June 29, 2009
By Empress Susi "An Angel in Paradise" (Paradise, CA) -
This review is from: The Noble Wilds (Hardcover)

This author is sending SPAM and asking to befriend people on MySpace and Facebook claiming this is the #1 selling item on Amazon (here is the current ranking as of 6/29/09 @ 1:03pm: Amazon.com Sales Rank: #668,712 in Books)
I won't buy from someone with these kinds of practices.

----------------------
Posted on Aug 24, 2010 11:40:46 AM PDT
Empress Susi says:
Sarah, why would a "random spammer" send a link to the authors book? Apparently you don't understand how authors of print books get paid. And the more people buying (at whatever price) makes it jump up in rank. This is why many publishers will offer a book free for a limited time.
J. Polland, maybe it was #1 at some point in time (if you actually read most of the reveiws about the poor quality/content of the book, I highly doubt it). HOWEVER, I actually posted the DATE and TIME which was the date I GOT the spam/email/message both on my Facebook and MS accounts. My husband also got them. That was the ranking of the book at the time I got the message. Did you not understand that?
I'm a nice, reasonable person. I just don't like people trying to scam other people or in this case making false claims. And they didn't say it was the #1 selling BOOK, they said it was the #1 selling ITEM on Amazon (which would be the Kindle; I own two). I love authors. I love reading. I read about 115-130 book a year. I refuse to support this kind of practice. End. of. story.
======================

The Noble Wilds [Hardcover]
The Supreme Master Ching Hai
The Supreme Master Ching Hai (Author)
# Hardcover: 472 pages
# Publisher: Love Ocean Creative International Company, Lt; 1st edition (February 1, 2008)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 9868415225
# ISBN-13: 978-9868415225
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #985,024 in Books

Posted by: puresoul ()
Date: April 21, 2011 10:05PM

She has explicitly told disciples that she is the reincarnation of Jesus. To disciples, Jesus come to save planet & animals make perfect sense to them. As the stories of Jesus was persecuted and crucified repeatedly told by Chinghai, it’s not surprise that disciples treat criticism as persecution (or devil workshop to obstruct God’s missions) and won’t believe any word of it.
Another link to show she claimed she has saved the planet in year 2000.
[groups.google.com]

I wonder how to shake off this God figure of chinghai from her disciples?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2011 10:06PM by puresoul.

Posted by: dynamic ()
Date: April 21, 2011 10:53PM

Actually, to clarify, in her "disciple only" DVDs, she states that she is a reincarnation of Jesus and Buddha. In addition, she claims that she is "9th level" and one with God(whatever that means) implying that she is God. She has been making some wild claims.

To shake it off is very difficult, expecially from the older disciples, as it's part of their life now. Only the ones that are open minded would look and consider. My wife and I are pretty open minded and it took us over a year to finally come to terms with ourselves, seperate and part ways with the group It took a combination of a few events as well as my distaste of the mythical global warming to make me come to terms with it all. The only way to "convert" initiates back to reality is a slow trickle of information. They themselves need to come to terms with whats happening. To try and force feed the truth when they believe they know the "truth" will only result in their faith being strengthened and result in an opposite effect. Trust me, i've tried it on my parents over the past year or so, and between the denial and their own skewed version of reality I haven't gotten anywhere. It will take time, much like the therepy of an injured person.

Posted by: Ocean_Of_Lies ()
Date: April 21, 2011 11:58PM

One of the most powerful falacious argument from sophism that a liar can use to escape critics, consist in reversing the burden of proof : It's not me to prove that what I say is true, if you don't believe so you have to prove that it's not true

Actually it's probably impossible to prove that Ching Hai is not the reincarnation of Jesus. Because paranormal statements are hardly falsifiable.

But there are some stupid bullshit Ching Hai says sometimes, that are so huge that it would be very easy to prove it's a lie, or at least a big bullshit. Then it would maybe affect her credibility toward some open minded followers.

For exemple, the last funiest thing I have read : The Secrets Revealed by Master's Hair [sm21.net]
You can also watch the lecture here [www.youtube.com] (the "hair" story begins at minute 1:15

Date: April 22, 2011 02:13AM

Very true, about how people's beliefs about Ching Hai might change.
In cognitive science, belief change is achieved by many new pieces of evidence/experience, accumulated over time. Then repeated.
The same way normal life experience shapes our beliefs.

But Ching Hai knows this better than anyone. That is why she has locked peoples beliefs down, using powerful emotions, and powerful images.
She has used PTSD and trauma, with the animal slaughter videos on one hand, and the Ching Hai is Mother Earth books and videos on the other hand.

Ching Hai has systematically linked herself to GOD in her followers minds. That is reinforced everyday for 2 hours, as they chant, and their mind is getting linked back to Ching Hai.

Then the rest of the day, Ching Hai TV is on for many of them, and her books, DVD's, and the rest of it.

On top of that, she's made the followers make a lifelong oath/pact to be a Vegan, a Ching Hai Vegan, so there is another link.
And she constantly talks about the next world too, and apparently the past, so she is trying to lock peoples minds in for "eternity".

Ching Hai has layered levels of emotional belief, to lock people into her sect.

Using supreme willpower, have forced myself to watch these boring and crummy Ching Hai videos, as well as some Breatharian.
Jasmuheen is a self-conscious fraud out for money, as well as self-deluded with some type of eating-mental-disorder. It seems a person can be deluded and a scammer at the same time.

Ching Hai on the other hand. She is very street smart, she knows what is going on. And in fact, Ching Hai's understanding of english is very good, she has complete understanding of english, and appears to break the english language up intentionally, as another Ching Hai technique.
Dumb westerners always fall for those from the east, who are in some type of saffron robe, and have an accent and inverted grammar.
But its more PLAY-ACTING from Ching Hai.

Ching Hai also play-acts, how "sad" various things in life make her, and her "compassion" for this and that. Its almost funny, as in some videos, you can see how bored Ching Hai is with her own playacting, its like a bored actor in a cheap TV show at times.
But some of her followers, just eat it up. They are in a trance, anyway, and not paying attention to reality.

As far as being One with Jesus. Everyone does that these days. One could list 100 other Gurus in 2 minutes that make that claim right here, Sai Baba, MSIA, New Thought, everyone.
Actually, it would be easier to make a list of who DOESN'T claim to be Jesus II.
All they are doing, is trying to press the New Age Jesus button in people's minds, which may already exist. Why should Ching Hai reinvent the wheel, when she can just press the Jesus button too?
And of course, like Jesus she is being crucified, Judas, etc, etc.
Ching Hai knows its easy to get people to project she is One with Jesus in their minds, its something almost every Guru does.

As stated, its 100% up to Ching Hai to prove any claims she makes.
Miracles [www.skepdic.com]
Of course she can dance around that easily, as she is smart. First off, no one can ever ask her a question anymore, as she controls everything.
But any Guru can dance around any of this stuff easily.

Ching Hai is very clever, and she clearly thought up the Ching Hai slogan...Be Veg, Go Green 2 Save the Planet!
She understands the english slang and shorthand, and knows how to work it.

So the way to deconstruct Ching Hai, is to simply research each point she makes, and to analyze the techniques she is using on people.

But Ching Hai has that angle covered too. She can tell her people, she lies to deceive the meat-mafia satan, or whatever.
Ching Hai lies to save the planet. Isn't it better to lie and save the planet?
See, its easy.

Ching Hai is not going to change, she will peddle this for life.
But the facts coming out about her methods, can really slow down their ability to bilk naive westerners.
And the Vegans need to wake-up and see what is going on with Ching Hai, and speak out against her methods of indoctrination.

Date: April 22, 2011 11:51PM

'Kuan Yin’s Method of Listening to Sound
(...)
In the Surangama Sutra, it’s said that when we use our eyes and see that the boundary of seeing or vision is limited — we only see about 30% of what’s around us. We have to turn our head left and right and backwards to see everything, so we’re only seeing about 30% unless we do that. For HEARING, however, unlike seeing the proportion of efficiency is more like 100%. Doesn’t matter where the sound comes from, you can hear it. There’s no natural blockage or limit. Sound therefore is a more efficient method for cultivation.

The Buddha Manjushri said in this world there is a clear and clean teaching of sound. Sound and chi are closely related. The reason we hear is because of chi — chi (air) can transmit sound. CHI means ENERGY. It exists in all directions, so in the Surangama Sutra, Manjushri said the best way to cultivate was to listen to sound. He examined 25 cultivation methods and said for this world, this Earth, this method was the best for human beings. It can help you attain enlightenment quickly.

(...)
After this you can have all sorts of miraculous superpowers. That’s why Kuan Yin has 32 special appearances. He will follow the sound (thoughts) and try to help people. He can do that because he’s out of the stream of sound so he’s never confused and can follow it back to the origin. The method is so powerful that Kuan Yin used it to reach enlightenment before Shakyamuni, but came back to be an assistant. Manjushri praised this method, Samantabhadra attained enlightenment by using a hearing technique as well.'

If you strip away all the self-serving gobbledygook about miraculous superpowers in the above, you are left with:

'The Buddha Manjushri said in this world there is a clear and clean teaching of sound.'

I would suggest that this clean and clear teaching of sound is the sound of the words of others who have gone before us--knowledge passed down through the ages in the only way possible for humans to pass on cognitive knowledge through time--using language and words, both oral and written.
How we each individually interpret that knowledge rests on our current understanding of the world and our particular place in it.
Accepting Ching Hai's self-serving interpretation--that:

'you can have all sorts of miraculous superpowers'

serves as a carrot for the vulnerable seekers who may be feeling overwhelmed at the realisation that the world at large does not view any individual as particularly special or deserving of special treatment. The sun shines on saints and sinners alike, and the rain makes no exceptions either.

The real way to enlightenment by using a hearing technique is to listen to others who might have something worthwhile to impart and to use our own god-given thinking capacity to decide what is worthwhile to retain and what can be discarded as gobbledygook.
Increasing our understanding of the world by benefitting from the knowledge of others--freely given, not doled out in return for complete submission to a cult leader--is pretty much the way that understanding has been accomplished and incrementally increased in human beings down the ages.

Why should it be any different for Ching Hai and her acolytes?
She is human after all.

What I would really like to know, after watching some of Ching Hai's talks via TV to her acolytes, is why such a self-proclaimed, accomplished Master would put up with such a fourth-rate facelift that one eye and one side of her mouth shows nerve damage from a botched job of surgery?

Surely her self-proclaimed miraculous superpowers would have led her to a better-trained surgeon than the one who did such a bad job on her face?

Or perhaps she is so immersed by now in her own gobbledygook that she falls prey to the gobbledygook of any other smooth-talking salesman for plastic surgery or the many other rich person's toys?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 11:57PM by Stoic.

Posted by: Ocean_Of_Lies ()
Date: April 23, 2011 12:57AM

Stoic
What I would really like to know, after watching some of Ching Hai's talks via TV to her acolytes, is why such a self-proclaimed, accomplished Master would put up with such a fourth-rate facelift that one eye and one side of her mouth shows nerve damage from a botched job of surgery?

Surely her self-proclaimed miraculous superpowers would have led her to a better-trained surgeon than the one who did such a bad job on her face?

Or perhaps she is so immersed by now in her own gobbledygook that she falls prey to the gobbledygook of any other smooth-talking salesman for plastic surgery or the many other rich person's toys?

She would probably say that her superpowers are only effective in the spiritual world, in the various levels of conciousness she can freely travel in, and where she plays and talks with the other gods and buddhas (even martians!). She would say that her physical body is not important, it is just the temple of her soul, and anyway she could change her body if she wanted, and simply use an other one. :D

But anyway, we can say whatever we want about her ugly face, she still has an DNA much more perfect than our DNA, even more than The Buddha himself's DNA (this have been determined by very advanced machines!), which definitely proves that we are shit compared to her totally-opened-chakras body. [sm21.net]

Date: April 23, 2011 01:18AM

'She would probably say that her superpowers are only effective in the spiritual world, in the various levels of conciousness she can freely travel in, and where she plays and talks with the other gods and buddhas (even martians!).'

So her imaginary superpowers are only effective in her imagination?

No wonder, then, that she is so interested in the business of taking other peoples money any way she can. All that plastic surgery, fancy clothes and private island retreats have to be paid for in cold, hard cash, not imaginary 'spiritual' riches.

Current Page: 21 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.