Current Page: 14 of 61
Re: Supreme Master Television free-to-air satellite -Ching Hai propaganda
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 12, 2011 03:37AM

That is a great idea, start a wiki on a site to organize the actual real info about Ching Hai and her organization. Even if it doesn't last forever, then at least the core doc can be saved and posted.

As far as Wikipedia, there have been some outrageous things done on there with various cults, as sect members will work 24/7, and usually win, as regular folks just get tired and give up.
But if there are references, the sect members can't really keep it deleted.

For anyone who makes a Wiki or document, be sure to keep local offline backup copies, as material in this area tend to get "disappeared" pretty fast.

Ocean_Of_Lies
The Anticult
Its a great idea to put all of the info about Supreme Master into one single place.
A wiki also can be moderated ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 03:42AM by The Anticult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ocean_Of_Lies ()
Date: April 12, 2011 05:31AM

The Anticult
That is a great idea, start a wiki on a site to organize the actual real info about Ching Hai and her organization. Even if it doesn't last forever, then at least the core doc can be saved and posted.

As far as Wikipedia, there have been some outrageous things done on there with various cults, as sect members will work 24/7, and usually win, as regular folks just get tired and give up.
But if there are references, the sect members can't really keep it deleted.

For anyone who makes a Wiki or document, be sure to keep local offline backup copies, as material in this area tend to get "disappeared" pretty fast.
I have some ideas (here) and would like to participate if some other people are motivated, but I don't have the technical knowledge to build a wiki and operate maintenance on my own.

I've already seen many wikis which are not open as can be wikipedia, but only edited by a restricted number of persons, or sometimes only one person. I know there is a powerful history function, and any changes can be monitored. So it's safe, nobody could delete the datas.

More information about the concept : [en.wikipedia.org]

Date: April 12, 2011 09:11AM

An interesting video which list most of the recent lies of Ching Hai on SMTV :

Supreme Master Ching Hai International Association 2010 in Review [www.youtube.com]

Timecode of some notable parts :

00:30 : Internatonal Disaster Relief : A long enumeration of all her (probably fake) humanitarian activities. I'd really like to ask disciples if they have ever seen a full documentary showing Ching Hai's humanitarian activities in detail for each disaster. Because it's quite easy to send a team of 3 or 4 disciples in Haiti (they probably pay the flight ticket themselves), with a streamer with the logo and some yellow T-shirts with the logo also, shoot a few minutes of disciples helping and hugging poor people in need (with the logo in the background), then thank you now we have to go back to Taiwan to edit the video...
01:08 : And you don't know the best! : "Apart from the activities we know, Supreme Master Ching Hai has quietly and sometimes anonymously [oh really? ha ha ha :D] contributed to various groups and individuals in need, which have never been reported. Caring deeply for the undeserved at times she ask our Association members if their circumstances allow, to help and comfort the victims [here we are...] , especially to the families of the perished, the orphans and the elderly."

02:25 : Shining World Awards

03:05 : Saving The Planet (Look, Ching Hai have been invited sooooo many times!)

04:57 : Loving Hut (She opens 190 Loving Hut in just 2 years... let's admit that it's impressive)

05:44 : Book Launches (Oh yeah! Here are the #1 Amazon bestsellers books!)

06:18 : Gifting Peace (Ha ha, even for the 4th anniversary of SMTV, Ching Hai couldn't be there, the poor disciples only had to smile in front of a flat screen)

07:30 : about the (probably fictive) President’s Volunteer Service Award she would have got from Barack Obama himself (the funny part is that instead of her being present to reveive the award, there is a big picture of her (probably overlayed on postproduction). I wonder if there is an official list of the award winners...

08:13 : The King & Co. : "One of the many exciting events of the year was the worldwide Premiere on Supreme Master Television of the much lauded "King & Co." an epic series that was written and directed via remote control by Supreme Master Ching Hai"... I would love to see the making of! You can see the movie here : [www.youtube.com] (but you should not, except if you have time to lose)

08:50 : Conferences With Supreme Master (we'd better say "without", because she never assist to her own conferences anymore, so that she doesn't risk to be interviewed by journalists after...)
I would love to hear her "Revelations on the Magnanimous Sun and the Universe"! :D

09:23 : Yes, V Cancun! : Here you can see how the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Cancun - Mexico can be a grat opportunity for Ching Hai to be filmed shaking hands of dozens of VIP for the pleasure of her disciples.
10:20, it says : Supreme Master Ching Hai also accepted interviews with various medias to share her pratical and spiritual viewpoints on saving the Earth, as is presented in her compilation book You will notice at the minute 10:27 that the (only one) journalist we actually see interviewing Ching Hai is from Encadena TV... Google is your friend, type "Encadena TV" and you will notice that except the first result which is the official website, the results from 2 to 5 are all from Supreme Master TV istelf... funny isn't it?
10:32 : an other lie : "In addition, Supreme Master Ching Hai was invited to a conference with members of the mexican media at which she presented further compelling specifics emphasizing that putting an end to the livestock industry would stop 91% of the global warming effect. The funny thing is that in the background, there is a big big placard made by Ching Hai's disciples, which makes hard to believe that it was just a conference she was invited to join in... You'll also notice that the camera insist on filming photographers shooting Ching Hai... of course, it's an important information that everyone should know :D

11:10 : The Greenest Heroes Gala Where Ching Hai gave the "Greenest Heroes" distinction to 8 vegan and vegetarian laureates (Will Tuttle inside!). These people may be some kind of celebrities (even if I don't know them myself, except for Will Tuttle that I discovered recently because of who you know), and I wonder if Ching Hai is looking for her Tom Cruise... Anyway there must be some good promotion to do here among rich and famous people, because looking at the ceremony, you can smell the money...
12:50 : I loved the news of the coming soon 3D animation movie Birds of Paradize inspired by a so famous #1 Amazon bestseller : Birds In My Life. Fortunately as we say in french : "Ridiculousness does not kill".

We respectfully wish beloved Supreme Master Ching Hai excellent health and a joyful future on a vegan Earth. Our very best wishes, kind global viewers, for a wonderful 2011, filled with happiness and much promise. (promise of truth, maybe...)

Date: April 12, 2011 08:27PM

An article on The Unsuitablog [thesietch.org]

Ching Hai: Supreme Master…Of Hypocrisy, by Keith Farnish

http://thesietch.org/mysietch/keith/2008/03/31/ching-hai-supreme-masterof-hypocrisy/

Keith Farnish have been spotted by Ching Hai's team after he wrote a pro-vegetarian article, What If...We All Became Vegan?, on an other blog whom Keith is also the author : The Earth Blog.

So the article Ching Hai: Supreme Master…Of Hypocrisy is an answer to the letter from a disciple who tried to convince him to promote Ching Hai on his own blog.

FAIL :)

(There are 50 comments for this article, also interesting)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 08:41PM by Ocean_Of_Lies.

Posted by: dynamic ()
Date: April 12, 2011 08:38PM

LOL, nutty.

On the disaster relief though, this is usually how it shakes down. In the centers, the contact persons normally make a request for donations for disaster relief, most give checks with blank names in it so whoever could cash it. For the Haiti relief, I do recall it was to be forwarded to the Florida center to purchase supplies. If that was or was not done, I have no idea. Quite a few initiates fly our on their own dime and time to do the relief and the supplies are supposedly purchased with the donated funds. There were actually quite a few disiples that went down to haiti, including quite a few highly trained medical staff. Some have spent a couple of months down there working non stop for the benefit of the Haitians. I have nothing against the disciples, at heart, they are kind and wonderful people. However, as always they go selflessly and go as "ambassadors" of SMCH and SMCH gets the glory for the relief even though she was not directly involved other then telling folks to go and donate money. This is similar in many other relief efforts. Now are the donated funds account for and is all of it used for supplies and stuff? Is some of it siphoned off? Have no idea. Definately not comming 100% from the "benevolent" SMCH though. This is similar to many other disasters like 9/11, earthquakes in China etc. Initiates selflessly work hard and on their own dime and it becomes a photo op for SMCH.

99% of efforts including the advertising campaigns when SMTV first rolled out was funded by "donations" from disciples. They didn't donate to her directly per say, but they were the ones that directly paid for the advertising out of their own pockets.

Date: April 12, 2011 08:50PM

As for the Presidents Service Award, anyone can get it. It costs a few bucks, a registration on the website etc. Over 2 million were given out so far, lol. Nothing exclusive or revolutionary about it. Here is a link:
Presidents Service Award
She got one from Bush also, but Obama sounds better.

On Cancun, actually her being there was a surprise for many disciples that were there. My theory was that she was shaken down by Italian and French police from her fisaco there and as always ran away and appeared in mexico. When the whole Florida thing in Biscayne occured, she dissapeared for a couple of months, on "retreat" and reappeared in Hungary. I bet she's running from the law or taxes in multiple countries, hence multiple surnames and different coprorate names being used.

Date: April 12, 2011 09:00PM

dynamic
There were actually quite a few disiples that went down to haiti, including quite a few highly trained medical staff. Some have spent a couple of months down there working non stop for the benefit of the Haitians. I have nothing against the disciples, at heart, they are kind and wonderful people. However, as always they go selflessly and go as "ambassadors" of SMCH and SMCH gets the glory for the relief even though she was not directly involved other then telling folks to go and donate money.
What you say is very important, and that's what we should keep in mind in all our actions to denounce Ching Hai.

Of course, I also believe some disciples are not so kind inside, and they perfectly understand what's happening, especially the key disciples who manage the meditation centers. They can not possibly ignore the manipulation job from the top, as they are the relay of everything.

And even sometimes, some disciples are guilty of enlisting other people in the "association", as some members said here in this thread.

My own friend tried many times to discreetly put some flyers of Ching Hai in my letterbox, then pretending it was not her. I know she's not bad, she's just fully convinced that it's for the good of humanity. I don't even know if she's conscious that this small lie cost her to betray the 2nd precept. I don't say that as a joke at all, because I'm sure that it is really a big deal for her. She is so conditionned that she's totally paranoiac about food, always very carefully reading each packaging to see if there is the smallest atom of meat, egg, or milk. There are plenty of activities she can't do, even being cashier in a supermarket, because it would force her to touch meat (even through cellophane...). Crazy paranoia.

Date: April 12, 2011 11:51PM

Ocean_Of_Lies
Of course, I also believe some disciples are not so kind inside, and they perfectly understand what's happening, especially the key disciples who manage the meditation centers. They can not possibly ignore the manipulation job from the top, as they are the relay of everything.

Absolutely,
I have seen my fair share of bad seeds. Most are mild mannered, but when put in the position of power like a contact person, their true personality comes out after they get drunk with the assumed power over others. There are also a ton of politics and infighting in the regional centers as well. Kind of reminds me of a multinational corp with multiple divisions.

Date: April 13, 2011 05:01AM

Yes of course, like most other sects, the regular folks at the bottom, the true believers, the joiners, they really believe the stuff. They don't know anything about cultic recruiting techniques, or international money laundering, or techniques of group persuasion using mass media.
They just believe in Ching Hai as they have be conditioned to.

The person buying some crummy cheap lamp from Ching Hai maybe worth $50 for $2100, they are the victim of the sect, getting overcharged 4000%.
These are not millionaires getting scammed, but just regular people who can't afford it.
The members who have cashed in their retirement funds and bought into a local Loving Hut, they are the victim. It often the actual regular members of the sect who are the worst victims of the sect.
The regular folks who follow Ching Hai who might work in a Salon, and then also working constantly after hours for no pay to make Ching Hai richer, they are getting exploited.

So of course, like many other sects, the members at the bottom of the ladder, the average people, they are the first victims of the sect, and only realize it later.
Other sects are similar,
(links to other exploitative "Buddhist" sects SGI Soka Gakkai, Kwan Um School of Zen, OneTaste) [forum.culteducation.com]
Some of these sects like OneTaste try to reframe defacto sex orgies as "Buddhist" and SGI making millions/billions in profits from investments in weapons and arms sales as Buddhist.
Hey, if you call it Buddhist, then it must be ok right, even if its the opposite of Buddhism and everything you preach?

And of course, when you get to the senior LEADERS of the sect, that is a different story. Many of them know what is going on, and are picked by the Leader Ching Hai, for the qualities she is looking for. Those people turn from victim, to victimizer. They carry out Ching Hai's orders, and do the dirty work.
And they appear to be willing to do almost anything for her, like the case of one becoming a fugitive in the cover-up in the Ching Hai illegal private island.

This is why its essential to get the facts out there, as the regular people at the bottom of the Ching Hai sect, they might not know anything about "cults" or persuasion, or how these things work. They might be in their first sect, or their tenth.

but eventually, those little birds of doubt in their mind start to get louder. Like when they see illegal labor violations being covered up.
Or other precepts being broken.
Or people getting scammed for money.
Or environmental violations and other hypocrisy.

Human beliefs can change by being exposed to new accurate facts, and having new experiences. So as the accurate facts of the Ching Hai group are exposed, step by step, people beliefs can change along with that.

Ms Ching Hai knows this 100%. That is why Ms Ching Hai bans people taking in information from other groups. Ching Hai wants total information control. She wants you to watch only her TV station, books, and media.

But the local SMCH members with doubts, can log into threads like this, or others, from the privacy of their home or library, or smartphone, and read the facts, and think things over carefully, and make up their own minds, freely, without pressure or brainwasing techniques being rammed down their throats.

Ching Hai will try to block this, by controlling information. But at least these days there are ways to access good information, without going to a research library! Just log-in with a smartphone, and make up your own mind.
If Ching Hai believed in intellectual freedom, she would embrace analysis and open debate. But of course, she fears it, as then people might not follow her commands, and they might start listening to their own conscience.

Ms Ching Hai is very skilled, and another technique of hers will be explained soon, stay tuned...

Date: April 13, 2011 05:07AM

As well, to allow for more open information, LINKS to this thread, and posts in the thread, can be posted whereever appropriate. Like on blog comments about Ching Hai, or discussion forums, anywhere.

As when the LINKS [forum.culteducation.com] to a forum like this reach over 100 or so, then Google really starts to kick-in, as its based on linking.
So linking and cross-linking can really help to get the facts out, and a few links a day, in a few months there are hundreds of links.
Then people can get the facts in an open way, and think carefully, and make up their own minds, on their own time.

Current Page: 14 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.