Current Page: 59 of 61
Re: Supreme Master Television free-to-air satellite -Ching Hai propaganda
Posted by: cultleak ()
Date: October 27, 2014 07:53AM

Leaked Email to members with a message from Ching Hai - 6 February 2013. If Ching Hai was omnipresent and omnipotent as she claims why does she need to ask members to pray for people in the world to change.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: 6 February 2013 19:30
Subject: Master wishes

For all centers :

Master sends best wishes to all in Luna New Year.

Please meditate and pray more for all beings and for all human to be more benevolent. So we will have world vegan, world peace.

Love, Love
Supreme Master Ching Hai

6 Feb 2013

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cultleak ()
Date: November 03, 2014 07:27AM

Ching Hai in a videoconference with Supreme Master TV staff said 9th level (spiritual level) masters can bless the world "without the Quan Yin method" and said it as, a better way to 'bless' people to reach the 5th spiritual level than to rely on the meditation, which of course was giving away that she, isn't at the 9th level which she told her disciples is the highest (until she later changed her mind and said it isn't the highest) because she only uses the Quan Yin method for members to reach the 5th realm and in an attempt to undo her mistake she then said - 'but it's slower'. In a continued attempt to undo the damage she later started claiming she's at levels higher than the 9th and these days claims her level is so high that no number in the English language exists for it.

Why Games are Better than Guru-Led Religions
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 03, 2014 08:56AM

How would we like it if, in the middle of an important
sports match, say the World Cup, the losing team were to announce,

"We are not losing because the rules have changed, therefore
the scoring system has changed. Therefore, because this is no
longer a soccer game, we are not losing, and you people are full
of ego if you dare notice and take issue with our
changing the rules to stay in the game."?

The fans would throw projectiles at the team.

But in religion, unlike sports, a leader can get away with arbitrarily
changing the rules and no one publicly says "Boooohhh".

Re: Why Games are Better than Guru-Led Religions
Posted by: whatevahs ()
Date: March 07, 2015 01:10PM

I've watched this lady's program in passing, I think it was when I was channel surfing for something to watch on TV.

She seems to think she's God or something, yeah? That's the impression that I got, or if not THE god, maybe a god?

She also kept saying things that didn't really go anywhere, kind of like when you read one of those horoscopes and they say a lot of nothing, yet somehow everyone who reads it can relate. The horoscope says, "Your day will start off with a bang. Perhaps you will meet someone you haven't met in a long time. This day may not be ideal, but do not worry, all things pass."

Wow, how deep.

One person reads it and goes, "Oh, gee, my milk was sour this morning, but at least now I know that all things will pass, I feel so much better. Thank you!" and the other person goes, "Oh wow, a bang--you know, I fell off my bed this morning--this is incredible, how can they know such details?!"

Each to their own, but I've met people who swear by these things and they won't go outside without consulting their horoscope. So I guess there are certainly people who would feel that she helps them out as well.

Posted by: whatevahs ()
Date: March 07, 2015 01:13PM

Oh, and I guess she reset the 2012 D-Day? Anyone happen to know when the next D-Day is?

Posted by: b.f.m. ()
Date: March 08, 2015 06:43AM

Is this particular cult all about getting a lot of money from people or do they just mess with people's heads?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 08, 2015 08:12AM

b.f.m,:

It seems at little of both.

Posted by: LaurenRose ()
Date: March 09, 2015 04:51AM

Does anyone know how her restaurants are related to the mission? I have eaten in several and have always gotten a strange vibe. Of course, they have her pics on the wall and her brochures around (and maybe a TV with her show on, I can remember)m but it is like it isn't really a restaurant. We went to one and although it was supposed to be open according to the posted hours, no one was there. We called the number and the one and only person working there was sitting in hos car a little ways away. He eventually came and served us but it was weird. Is it a real, legitimate business or what? And if it is just a cover for preaching, they don't seem to be pushing it very hard. Very strange.

Posted by: Otto Wagner ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:06AM

LaurenRose,

I've been to 2 of of their restaurants and got the same thing at one of them. We waited about 15 minutes past the hour they were supposed to open, and called the phone number and no one answered. When we were about to leave, someone finally opened shop...

I thought that was very strange. Maybe they are all "her" restaurants, but just under her follower's names, and they are all expected to work for her and give her all the money?

There doesn't seem to be any profound underlying philosophy from what I've heard from her, basically be kind, be vegan...that's about it. I don't even know what their goal is?

Posted by: LaurenRose ()
Date: March 14, 2015 02:04AM

I'm glad to hear someone else had the same experience. I never went again to that restaurant b/c it felt so weird. Maybe they get enough donations elsewhere and the restaurants are just some kind of cover.

Here is an interesting convo about her: VeggieBoardThread

Current Page: 59 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.