Current Page: 41 of 61
Re: Supreme Master Television free-to-air satellite -Ching Hai propaganda
Posted by: dynamic ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:37PM

Run the link through google translate to get the jist of the thing. Basically, in Vietnam, SMCH is totally underground except in the semi progressive city of Saigon. It's illegal to be a cult follower(of any cult) in a communist society. Even in Saigon, Loving Huts/vegan resturants affiliated and run by followers of SMCH do not list it as such and there is no SMCH propoganda or SMTV playing(I visited 4 of em when we were in Vietnam last month, at least we know it's really vegetarian, and my family is still vegetarian)

As for your relationship or want to be, I know quite a few disciples from Australia, and all were pretty mellow and cool but the group and many disciples have recently become more and more socially distant for fear of karma or spiritual downgrades. Many do not want to be involved with any type of public outing unless it involves SMCH in some shape or form. Hey, if you can have a normal relationship with that disciple, and they seem normal, go for it. Who are we to stop you or advise you, it's your life buddy. Just be aware that they are at some point going to try to sway to to their side.

As for the crying thing, yeah, she first used it on a florida retreat back in 98 or so when her right hand nun kicked the bucket and it worked. Even I got a little moist and sad. I think from then on, she was like, ah-ha...another emotional trick to get em goin.

As for that ridiculous musical, it's funny how she said she was surprised by it all, funny being surprised seeing that she is god and all. What's even funnier is the fact that she was not physically present. Probably can't enter the US and clear customs after all the stuff she has done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ocean_Of_Lies ()
Date: October 03, 2011 06:26PM

dynamic
Run the link through google translate to get the jist of the thing. Basically, in Vietnam, SMCH is totally underground except in the semi progressive city of Saigon. It's illegal to be a cult follower(of any cult) in a communist society. Even in Saigon, Loving Huts/vegan resturants affiliated and run by followers of SMCH do not list it as such and there is no SMCH propoganda or SMTV playing(I visited 4 of em when we were in Vietnam last month, at least we know it's really vegetarian, and my family is still vegetarian)

Hi dynamic

I'm surprised cos I was in Hanoi in 2009 and I know 2 Loving Hut there, both of them have televisions showing SMTV continuously with a normal-level sound (by that I mean that you can't not hear it even if you don't pay attention to it). Here are their locations, tell me if we are talking about the same ones :

One in 8/2/40 Ta Quang Buu – Bach Khoa area (near the University of Polytechnic) was there long ago but only recently be called "Loving Hut" : [g.co]

One opened in 2009, not far from the West Lake, at 4/192 Quan Thanh Str. : [g.co]

Both are not in the 166 Loving Hut list (PDF) from [lovinghutcuisine.com] But as far as I know, there are about 6 Loving Hut in Hanoi, and probably not all are official Loving Hut, but just willing to become Loving Hut. Opening a restaurant in Vietnam is very easy, nothing surprising when Loving Huts pop up like mushrooms. The food is good except the fake meat, and quite cheap for what it is. And the staf is nice, as usual. There are other non cultish vegetarian restaurants in Hanoi, the food is not better, but much more expensive. Loving Huts would be good restaurants if there was no TV...

By the way I didn't notice flyers or DVD's in the restaurants. But SMTV propaganda seems not to be forbidden.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 06:32PM by Ocean_Of_Lies.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 07, 2011 04:11PM

So it looks like the Ching Hai Corporation has hired some PR minions to hunt around online to try and suppress criticism of Ching Hai and her activities?

They use the same techniques used by many other sects, just try to abuse various mechanisms to drive websites offline.

Why is the Ching Hai group so afraid of open discussion, and the facts being researched?
Why does Ching Hai think that critical information about Ching Hai should be suppressed?

Well, Ching Hai and her hired PR hacks are probably going to learn a new lesson.
When they try to suppress information about their Guru, it always backfires.

Sure, they get a few websites down for a while, but so what?
More websites pop-up.
Others might get motivated to post relevant material on sites like Wikileaks.org.
Or cross-postings all over Usenet that cannot be deleted.

Ching Hai people get more curious why there is such censorship around Ching Hai, so hundreds of them read threads like this to try and find out what's really going on.

And these celebrities being courted by Ching Hai, another technique, like the other sects.
They target naive celebs, or D-list people who want to be on any TV.
Or people who think they are promoting Veganism.

Or people getting PAID for their endorsement, perhaps with a juicy "gift".

Ching Hai knows money talks, and bullshit walks.
Check out her history.

Date: October 07, 2011 04:26PM

This ridiculous Ching Hai musical, its simply crude propaganda, almost Stalinist, or like the propaganda musicals approved by Mao in China.

Now of course, how did she get these Broadway people involved?
Something called a paycheck.
They just get hired to do the job.

As others have said, its the Ching Hai followers who are going to pay for all of this.

But Ching Hai is very clever, she uses crude art, and crude propaganda on her people, and it seems to work on them, even though its crude.
A Scientology Musical would get laughed off the stage, but Ching Hai seems to get away with it.

the only thing missing is Ching Hai giving herself the leading role, and then appearing by recorded video in the musical lip-syncing to some songs and pretending to sing them.

so now Ching Hai moves into courting celebrities who are Vegan.
Vegans need to do some research and check out Ching Hai very carefully before they blindly jump into business with her, in exchange for a cash injection for their cause.
The means does not justify the ends.

Supreme Master -Ching Hai 'The Real Love' Musical "Money Talks"
Date: October 07, 2011 05:18PM

Ching Hai understands the USA.
You want talent to endorse you, you purchase it, for very large paychecks, for an appearance fee.

Money Talks...Ching Hai Lesson #1.

You purchase planted articles in the media by your hired PR firm. The same PR firm planted both these fake articles, they contain the same text, which are just press releases. Which company has been hired to shill for Ching Hai?

[losangeles.broadwayworld.com]

The Real Love, Starring Daisy Eagan, Cady Huffman, Adam Pascal,
[www.theatermania.com]

There should be a REAL musical about Ching Hai...called...

Money Talks and Bullshit Walks...The Ching Hai Story.

Search Google News for "Ching Hai" there are a few stories.

[www.cleveland.com]

DO THESE CELEBS KNOW CHING HAI IS USING THEIR NAMES AND SAYING THEY WERE HONORING HER?

HOW MUCH WERE THEY PAID FOR THIS?
Seriously.
How much were they paid to appear?

----------------------indexing of crude Ching Hai PR media propaganda----------------

World Premiere of 'The Real Love' Musical

Pasadena Civic Auditorium in California, USA. For the creation of this musical, famous actors, singers, song-writers and composers worked closely together to honor world renowned peacemaker, humanitarian, poet, acclaimed artist, best-selling author and spiritual teacher, Master Ching Hai.

Daisy Eagan ("The Secret Garden"), Tony winner Cady Huffman ("The Producers"), and Tony nominees Adam Pascal (original cast of "Rent") and Robert Torti ("Starlight Express") performed along with special guest stars including the internationally celebrated Tony winner Betty Buckley ("Cats"), Italian classical/pop star Filippa Giordano, Oscar winner Shirley Jones ("The Partridge Family"), Tony winners Trent Kowalik and Kiril Kulish (stars of "Billy Elliott"), Emmy-winning singer Faith Rivera, actor and singer Tom Schmid, actor Dick Van Patten ("Eight is Enough") and Drama Desk Award nominated soprano Lynne Wintersteller.

Original songs for the world premiere were written by eminent American composers of stage, filmand television: Oscar and five time Emmy winner Bill Conti ("Rocky"), two-time Oscar winner Al Kasha ("The Morning After") from "The Poseidon Adventure", "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"), Emmy nominee Doug Katsaros (music director for "Footloose"), Tony and Emmy winner Don Pippin ("Oliver!") and Oscar and two-time Grammy winner David Shire ("Baby", "Big"). Lyrics are based on the poetry of Master Ching Hai, Amazon #1 International Best Selling Author, who recently released From Crisis to Peace: The Organic Vegan Way is the Answer as a loving solution to help solve the present global water, food and health crisis.

"The Real Love" musical also included a guest performance by legendary singer/songwriter Don McLean and his band, presenting some of his all-time classic hits â€" "And I Love You So", "American Pie", "Vincent (Starry, Starry Night).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 05:24PM by The Anticult.

Posted by: tran ()
Date: October 07, 2011 05:46PM

hi there,

there is healthy and robust debate in terms of this group. As stated I am interested to know how things may happen between initiates and non-initiates whether it be workable or not.

Your views have been noted and I wish to just present another. not justifying the groups existence at all, but heed what is said here, but maybe believe that differences can be overcome by sharing friendship or love together with others.

I guess it appears that there may come a time when one has to choose, but I still beleive that things can work out. Any body in Brisbane or there abouts PM me.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 07, 2011 08:10PM

tran:

You seem to be here essentially as an apologist for Ching Hai.

In my opinion Ching Hai fits well within the criteria that defines a destructive cult.

See [www.culteducation.com]

The leader of this group Hue Dang Trinh, is little more than a con-woman preying upon and exploiting her followers.

The group has a history of bad press, complaints and controversy.

See [www.culteducation.com]

There is really not much of a "debate" about this.

Ching Hai has been labeled a "cult" leader for years.

Posted by: tran ()
Date: October 07, 2011 09:49PM

Hi there , to clarify it seems a forum for healthy discussion though I don’t agree with each and every view point. Ching Hai’s group is labeled a cult on this site and also Dalai Lama as well.

I am not even sure why the Dalai Lama is featured as one of the topics, is he a cult? People are discussing him on one of your forums which I find disappointing, that he is in the same class as a lot of other cult gruops or lead to believe that he is cult. My point is to discuss some matters arising from this Ching Hai's disciples etc and leave that cult thing up to you guys to decide.

Anyway I think the point is perhaps my friends are just not fanatical about her teachings it is so rarely mentioned and the things that you guys talk about are rarely brought up. Most stuff brought up is how work is going, and what overseas holiday to take etc. I am just wanting to present a viewpoint that is all.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 07, 2011 10:28PM

tran:

In my opinion the Dalai Lama is not a cult leader and his following does not fit the definition offered of a "cult".

The Dalai Lama is not the topic of this thread.

The topic of this thread is Ching Hai.

You appear to be someone in denial, or posing for the purpose of subverting discussion on this thread.

Ching Hai has hurt and exploited people, which is the cause for concern and comments on this thread.

People in cults are encouraged to be "fanatical". Don't blame your friend for this.

If you don't wish to recognize this you are really wasting time here.

Posted by: Ocean_Of_Lies ()
Date: October 07, 2011 11:04PM

tran
(...)not justifying the groups existence at all, but heed what is said here, but maybe believe that differences can be overcome by sharing friendship or love together with others.

That sentence seems particulary "inspired"...

You know what you should do? A diary. I suggest you to title it The journey of an incredulous in a so called "dangerous cult". I mean a secret diary, only for yourself. A private blog on WordPress for exemple, not aviable to public. And we make this deal : if one day you eventually become an initiate, then you will make your blog public, to prove to everyone that you did it on your own, freely... or to let us show you point by point, step by step, your endoctrination process.

How to proceed? Each days you would describe your meaningful conversations, meetings, activities, with your new enlightened friends. Maybe the things we talk about "are rarely brought up" as you say. Or maybe the things that we talk about are actually brought up to you in a subtle enough way for you not to notice. And maybe other viewpoints on your journey would notice many interesting typical cultish seduction tricks in what you are experiencing these last weeks (or more...). Maybe not. Maybe we are totally wrong, who knows...

Maybe reading your own words after a few days will reveal to yourself things that you couldn't make up when experiencing from day to day. See that as a self control, if you like.

Current Page: 41 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.