Current Page: 38 of 61
Re: Supreme Master Television free-to-air satellite -Ching Hai propaganda
Posted by: puresoul ()
Date: September 17, 2011 05:01PM

A piece of news in year 2000 in Taiwan is about some disciples of ching hai rented a room from this top academia research intitute holding a interview/conference with smch. The attendants included few outsiders. Therefore smch were not asked difficult questions. This was recorded in a vedeo with title “been invited to Academia Sinica”. This vedeo is very popular in the group.

The Academia Sinica clarified it on TV/news to deny ever inviting Ching Hai & disapproved Ching Hai’s stealing the academia name for publicity.

[www.goldsuntv.com.tw] "

This news is all over the internet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 05:03PM by puresoul.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puresoul ()
Date: September 17, 2011 05:39PM

About Who is Ching Hai’s real master? There’s an interesting deduction from Sambhavapaya about Khuda Ji who ching hai claimed to be her real master. [webcache.googleusercontent.com]

(1)Khuda Ji is 450 years old. The span of time of Sant Mat from Guru Nanak to Thakar Singh happened to be around 450 years also.

(2)Khuda in Punjab language for Sikh is a synonym of “Self-enlightened God”. Ji means sacred.

What she wants to say all along is that she is self-enlightened without a Master.
So definitely she made up this fictional Khuda Ji.

Of course, she is not a “God of all Gods” in human form. She has somehow deluded & convinced herself that she is God due to the excessively adulation & worship from disciples as did by many self-proclaimed God masters.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 05:40PM by puresoul.

Posted by: tran ()
Date: September 20, 2011 05:59PM

hi there,

do people have a hard time with family memebrs and friends involved with this?

Are there any moderates followers? also has anyone been in relationship with a follower and that relationship worked out?

Please let me know your thoughts or P. would like to discuss this .

Thanks friends

Date: September 20, 2011 06:02PM

Hi,

I would also like to know about places for help in the Asian comunity. Is there any social services to go to that cater for this that we know about.

thanks

Posted by: Ocean_Of_Lies ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:35PM

@ Tran :

>>>do people have a hard time with family memebrs and friends involved with this?
Yes, as it is with most of abusive cults. Disciples are constantly brainwashed and progressively lose contact with reality and it's always difficult to handle for all kind of relatives. Disciples try to convert their family, and if not possible, become more and more isolated. Friends also usually don't understand what happen and most of them get tired of their friend-disciple, because it's boring to talk to someone who have lost his/her critical mind. The most intimate friends/family members may try to help, but usually they are helpless, and soon or late the cult will push the disciple to consider these helpers as nasty people who try to get them out of the way to God. In any ways, disciples are stuck by the cult.

>>>Are there any moderates followers?
The newbies are probably not as fanatics as those who have been brainwashed for years

>>>also has anyone been in relationship with a follower and that relationship worked out?
I hardly doubt that it's possible, because since one join the cult, the second one is obliged to drasticaly change his way of life, and accept to listen and watch a lot of bullshits everyday (and soon or late join the cult too, or divorce). Are you in this kind of relationship? Feel free to share your experience. And maybe some people here, who still didn't want to share those intimate stories, would follow you or give you interesting comments.

Have you read all the thread yet? You will find some interesting testimonies and views. That could answer at least a part of your questions. Because your questions are a little bit vague. Actually this cult has almost the same issues as any other cults, and you can find a lot of litterature about cults and mind control. I see you just ask questions without sharing any point of view, information, feeling about the cult. Remember you can remain anonymous here, and free to talk.

To begin with, you could tell us a little bit about your own experience of this cult (from inside or outsite), then it will be easier for the members to understand what you are expecting from this forum, and answer to you properly, without just repeating what has already been said.

Date: September 22, 2011 06:01PM

hi there in reply i am thinking about embarking on a relationship with someone who is a member. whilst i know they are vegan and meditate daily, there is nothing in terms of their behaviour which is fanatic or cooercive. a couple of their friends who are in it are also pleasant people and when they talk it does not revolve around all this that i hear, it is easy going genuine conversation. we don't dwelve into the sutff i hear on this forum.

they don't discuss the meditation, end of world etc with me and all that, they just appear to be nice friendy people who take moral choice to be vegan and practice.

I am just wanting balance viewpoint that's all. From what I know of them, they accept my own views on religions and stuff and it does not seems an issue. Also understand that they can marry someone who eats meat and so forth and that to join her is a personal choice an dnot one that is expected upon their partners, they are free to choose to marry non -followers.

thanks for opening up the discussion

Date: September 23, 2011 08:10AM

@tran

It's not only an appearance. They are nice friendly people (at least the "true believers") and convinced they are doing good.

The problem is not being vegan or meditate daily. These are just personal choices, habits, belief, way of life, etc. And if you love a vegan, I bet you can happily become vegan yourself.

Your first impression reminds me my the first times with my friend : a very open minded person, with interesting ideas on the world... during 1 month I didn't even understood she was a disciple of anything.

But don't be deluded by the tolerance they show : it's totally built up, it's fake and temporary. It's just a repliqua of the tolerance speech the cult try to spread through the websites and SupremeMasterTV ("christians, muslims, buddhist, etc... that's all same same, you are all wellcome!!!" big joke!). It's made to attract those who aren't inside yet. For those who are inside, it seems that the speech becomes much more radical, and soon or late the disciples look superior, they isolate themselves from the outsiders to avoid spiritual pollution, they are deeply convinced that their master is the best ever, their method is the fastest method in the world, their way of life is the only one which can save the planet, etc... And they will (consciously or unconsciously) serve you the same speech, because that's what they listen looping all the day on suprememastertv.

Oh yeah they are "free", that's probably what they often tell you (even before you could think they are not... just in case!) because they are told so all the days. Attack is the best defence. It is one of the most basic mind control trick : tell to someone he is free is the best way to slacken his vigilance and you'll reduce his freedom with his own approval. Anyway, considering the pressure Ching Hai put on her disciples with her incredibly ridiculous and stressful system of spiritual points, believe it, they are NOT free. They are under a constant pressure : The world is going to collapse, hurry up, meditate more give more, work more, hurry up if you want to be saved, the world need us, hurry, hurry... And also a constant guilty making process : eating meat is murder, it's bad, are you killers? you have to spread the word, the master sacrifice herself for you, you have to do your best to deserve her efforts, you don't meditate enough, you are not pure enough, purify! meditate! If not how can you pretend to save the world? Don't be selfish, find the time! You don't need to sleep, meditate instead! Etc...

For the moment your friends just avoid difficult subjects with you like meditation, en of the world, breatharianism, etc, because they know can't discuss with you. They are told that we don't have enough spiritual level to understand these reallities :) But in fact they would just fail at arguing with anyone. Actually I'm not even sure they discuss these subjects together sometimes... My friend told be that between disciples they don't need to talk, they can communicate by thought transfer (sic).

But wait until you enter deeper in thoses subjects with disciples (it can happen), and you will quicky see the limits of their reflection, their so called tolerance and open-mind.

About your girlfriend, that's your choice and we are in no position to interfere. But I guess that from her point of view, marrying with a non vegan would be a BIG issue. It's not a sustainable situation : it supposes she will lose a lot of spiritual points because of you, and will need to go meditate more and more to compensate the sin of having contact (not only sex) with a non vegan. And explicitely or not, she will continuously try to convert you, and if she can't, she may progressively get away from you.

Then, there are a few points you need to think before. Can you bear someone who watch a brainwashing TV channel for hours each days, because it gives her energy from her master? Someone who will meditate for hours in order to save the planet? Someone who argue stubbornly that it is possible to live without eating or drinking at all, and who will sometimes fast (starve herself) for a month, and become sick because she have been told that it will purify her? And maybe the worst of all : you will have to bear the pictures of Ching Hai everywhere in your house :)

Thanks no thanks.

(everything here is just my own point of view)

Date: September 23, 2011 07:21PM

Dear friends,

I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt; I do believe there are moderate followers who may see things in a different perspective. For eg, there are Islamic extremists but that does not mean that all Muslims are bad.

I think that even within this group there will be good decent people. Even though the master seems strange perhaps we need to also consider the benefits as well, and how some people from this group may be decent and draw good from their teachings, eg be a better and caring citizen.

Just like going to church and hearing all about doom and gloom form some pastors; maybe people in the congregation have drawn their own truths from the teachings.

It is sad to hear that many people are negatively affected, but I am wondering if the followers can exert self control and some restraint and reasonable without being overzealous in their beliefs, perhaps this might have saved a lot of grief. Perhaps followers too have to accept responsibility rather than blaming all on the master?

Meet friends seem to be well balanced individuals.

May you be blessed.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 23, 2011 09:14PM

tran:

Attempting to blame "overzealous" followers for what's wrong with Ching Hai is not a meaningful response to complaints about the group and its leader.

In my opinion the group fits the criteria of a destructive cult and Ching Hai appears to be little more than a con woman fleecing her followers.

News reports, complaints and the glaring lack of any meaningful accountability and/or financial transparency further demonstrate this.

Date: September 24, 2011 03:19AM

tran
Dear friends,

I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt; I do believe there are moderate followers who may see things in a different perspective. For eg, there are Islamic extremists but that does not mean that all Muslims are bad.

I think that even within this group there will be good decent people. Even though the master seems strange perhaps we need to also consider the benefits as well, and how some people from this group may be decent and draw good from their teachings, eg be a better and caring citizen.

Just like going to church and hearing all about doom and gloom form some pastors; maybe people in the congregation have drawn their own truths from the teachings.

It is sad to hear that many people are negatively affected, but I am wondering if the followers can exert self control and some restraint and reasonable without being overzealous in their beliefs, perhaps this might have saved a lot of grief. Perhaps followers too have to accept responsibility rather than blaming all on the master?

Meet friends seem to be well balanced individuals.

May you be blessed.
"May you be blessed"... it reminds me something... but what?

Are you really what you pretend to be?
It seems you already have the answers of all the questions you ask.
Whatever.

Nobody here says that disciples are not good decent people. That's what you want to hear. They are good people, victims of the abuses from a megalomaniac old lady who run an affair, the kind of dishonest affair which is often called "cult". If you don't know what does a cult consist in, it's still time to learn. Until last year I didn't really know, and since I know (about cults in general) I have absolutely no doubt that Ching Hai's so-called "humanitarian association" is a cult. Why dangerous? Because it makes peoples become totally alienated and unable to have a free independant normal social life.

What's your point in comparing one fanatism with an other? Is it a reason to accept the unacceptable? Oh yeah that guy is a criminal, but hey Hitler was even worse, so... all right that guy is not so bad after all...

The fact that some teachings may be good doesn't prevent you from being critical toward the teachings which are obviously not good (mind control purpose), and sometimes harmful (like breatharianism, for example).

Current Page: 38 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.