Current Page: 16 of 24
"In the Wind" by Maureen Sanja Clarke
Posted by: 666isMONEY ()
Date: March 19, 2010 12:50AM

Just finished reading Maureen's fascinating book about the Christ Family . . . couldn't put it down, read it in one day! It brought back all the memories I had of meeting some of these "Brothers" "In the Wind" here in Tucson, San Diego and Carbondale, Illinois -- as well as my pursuit to escape "Babylon."

I too was "In the Wind" but never a member of this cult . . . I was a "Connection" in Tucson for one of the former Brothers and, one of my friends was too.

Funny how Maureen was tripped out about "Christ" smoking cigarettes. I couldn't imagine a Christ defiling the body with cigs or needing to get high smoking pot.

When I traveled around I'd often recite many of the Bible passages she would about the "Son of Man" not knowing where he would lay his head and "walking through the valley of the shadow of death". I'd run into many Christians on "Faith Walks" and admired their idealism but wondered if it really proved anything or if it was "tempting God" to provide for U.

According to the Jewish historian, Josephus, the Essenes would travel like the disciples of Christ without money in their purses "and everywhere they went, ppl would invite them into their homes and freely share." (Quote is pharaphrased.)

The biggest stumblingblock to the Christ Family is believing Christ was here on the planet and no one knew about it, the second is what a real Messiah would say. My conclusion is a Messiah would believe in eliminating money, laws & the State (international boundaries), as these are man-made devises meant to enslave ppl, a yoke or unnecessary burden for Christ's children.

I would wonder why ppl like Charles Manson, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, Lightning Amen, Ron Hubbard or even Mary Baker Eddy could find so many followers with their cheesy philosophy, which had so many holes in it and never came to the same conclusions as I.

Maureen's idealism about finding The Valley in Peru was a similar pursuit I had in the late 70's. I too thought the world was coming to an end and was looking for a place to escape to. (Peak Oil, Climate Change & Exponential World Population Growth is unsustainable.)

I checked out Steve Gaskin's "Farm" in Tennessee & that other popular Commune "Twin Oaks" in Virginia and found them to be lacking in thought & led by a cult-leader. My older sister was worried one of these cults would convince me to join but I always found a flaw and thought they were like zombies.

The Christ Family Brothers I'd run into seemed like arrogant Pharisees to me, loved to be admired wearing their robes.

Wonder if the Richard, Maureen hung out with was the same one I knew . . . what a hypocrite. I lol'd about him falling into love with her & leaving -- the karma of seducing her in the plum orchard!

The easiest way to find false Christs is to ask their solution. I disagree with mainstream Christianity that "confessing with Ur mouth that Jesus has risen from the grave" is the answer & I could see they were no more "saved" than I. (The ones I met who had wives were more convincing than those who didn't.) Jesus did set the example (no money in their purses) but first we must "preach/teach the Gospel" of how to live before actually living it in the Kingdom of God.

My question, which I answered above, was, what would the Kingdom of God be like? None of the Cults had a sufficient answer. Sure, there would be no killing but within reason, sex is okay in marriage or love but this world is not fit for children and, materialism/consumerism is ruining this planet. (Jesus said one of the worse sins was for children to suffer & I see much suffering ahead . . . highest unemployment is among 20-year-olds. . . U don't want ur children to curse U for bringing them into this world, do U?)

Jesus was the Logos or logic of God . . . if it's not logical (or if it's slander -- the etymology of the word, "Devil" means, to slander) it's not of God. Jesus is the best guru ever but the modern-day Pharisees do not know Jesus (if he existed) or God, if they did, they would be preaching the Kingdom of God without money, laws (law would be in ur heart) and international boundaries.

If a Christ did return "they" would probably think he/she was a false Christ & cult-leader.

PEACE & LOVE! :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Christ Family
Posted by: marrgaret ()
Date: April 14, 2010 02:50AM

wow ==You would think that there would be more chatter from the blanket people.It must have been so rewarding to finaly have the proof they need what with -christ/god in the flesh/jimminy cricket/the one/cotton -giving up the ghost. Im not a siritual expert but I am betting that he just got stiff.The last time I conversed with him I had pissed him off,would not go along with his new crap or something,shook his finger at me "Your getting a lightning bolt,not right now not a week from now but sometime you are getting it"I remeber thinking how far he had fallen.Giving evil doers a lightning bolt was his untimate weapon and now look at him.He cant even crank one little sparky job up. SO I ask the unaskable "Ill take mine right now,I want it right now." If you are wondering how i could have survived ? Well all I can say is that god must have been with me because i was not even scared As a matter of fact I had him on the run That was a good day. I heard the other day that there was a order passed down I had been kicked out of heaven -darn not another pink slip- I saw him with rare clarity-A sick sad man that didnt even have god to call on -.to help him. apparently he just prayed to himself and thats just sad.

Posted by: ohjohn ()
Date: May 14, 2010 11:45PM

Hemit, Calif. seems to be quite the little town. It has made news concerning the Scientology Church. The local law enforcement is under attack from the motorcycle gang. I finally came to grips with myself being brainwashed by the Christ Family back in the middle part of the 70's. That cult was always a skyhook for me in case my life fell apart. Now with the leader being revealed for what he wasn't plus passing away I haven,t that false cruix.

Posted by: DavidWish ()
Date: January 16, 2011 04:44AM

You can still make a positive difference. Get educated on what improper behavior is and most likely, you will never again be the victim of such abuse.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 16, 2011 05:01AM

DavidWish:

Yes.

That's the stated mission of the Ross Institute and the purpose of this site and Internet Archives.

There is a subsection regarding recovery issues on this site.

See [www.culteducation.com]

There is also a directory of recovery resources listing licensed professional counselors well-acquainted with cults that specifically have experience helping former members.

The basic dynamics of destructive cults is discussed in this subsection.

The best books to read on the subject would include the following:

Bounded Choice: True Believers and Charismatic Cults

Cults in our Midst

And from an evangelical Christian perspective:

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse - Recognizing and Escaping Spiritual Manipulation and False Spiritual Authority within the Church

The Drift Into Deception - The Eight Characteristics of Abusive Christianity

Most cult leaders fit the profile of psychopaths. To better understand psychopaths this book is helpful.

Without Conscience

For more information about these and other related books see [www.culteducation.com]

There is also a large subsection within this Web site concerning "brainwashing."

The key research articles, which can be quite helpful in the recovery process, through gaining an in-depth understanding of manipulative coercive persuasion techniques are:

Coercive Persuasion and Attitude Change by Richard Ofshe

Thought Reform and Psychology of Totalsim by Robert Jay Lifton

Cult Formation by Robert Jay Lifton

You can better understand the distinctions between various forms of persuasion by studying this chart prepared by clinical psychologist Margaret Singer, author of "Cults in Our Midst." Singer professionally counseled more than 1,000 former cult members.

Singer also wrote the seminal paper "Coming out of Cults" about the recovery process.

Singer observed that virtually anyone could be recruited by a cult. All of us are vulnerable at various times and therefore potentially viable targets for cult recruitment.

The key is understanding how such groups operate and the techniques they employ. And by reviewing the above material this can be done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 05:05AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: DavidWish ()
Date: January 18, 2011 09:44AM

I particularly liked the chart by Margaret Singer. Good stuff. Stay to the left. It certainly helps reinforce what everyone should already know. I do not have a problem following cults, but it still helps me remember what it is to be a better person. Most can easily get it. They just needed a good place to read up where the information is on spot. This is a very valuable resource. Hopefully, even the rest will be reachable through commonsense education and minimal short term treatment. In order for us to make positive change, we all must get better at understanding which way is really forward. As a human, I can always use positive reinforcement. I look forward to others realizing what “positive” really is and perusing it and reading more as time permits. Thanks

Posted by: 7he7ruth ()
Date: April 05, 2011 08:30PM

1n the wind is the title of the book 1 read.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 05, 2011 09:01PM

What does this have to do with the topic of this thread?

Date: April 08, 2011 04:47PM

inthewind
"If you see this (physical body) doing cartwheels saying 'sex', 'sex', 'sex', you book the other way cause I'm not in there." He also said that the Christ Family would exist for 17 years. 17 years after Amen began walking, everything flipped. "

i remembered that i was told he said
'' blessed are those who recieve my words and never met me ''

this made me wonder ... how many people accepted the message in faith without ever feeling the need to go see him in person
[doubting thomas scenario] ????????

see it crossed my train of thought that if the ones who DIDNT go to see him in person are those who are BLESSED
then what does that make those who DID feel the need to see him ?

Date: April 08, 2011 04:50PM

corboy
What does this have to do with the topic of this thread?
i saw a member named inthewind, perhaps didnt connect it well
connecting dots ...

Current Page: 16 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.