Current Page: 1 of 24
The Christ Family
Posted by: Hogan ()
Date: April 27, 2004 01:33AM

In the 80's I had a young girl living with our family who had been hooked up with the Christ Family, a nomadic cult. They believed in "three keys to heaven" which included no sex, no killing, and no materialism. They used to walk around in clothing made from sheets, using diapers to cover their heads (if they were women). They used marajuana constantly. Their leader, Charles McHugh, claimed to be the reincarnation of Jesus, and his followers all claimed to be reincarnations of biblical characters, too. McHugh was arrested on gun charges, and I think the cult broke up. However, recently I saw some people near the Mexican border who were dressed like Christ Family members. Does anyone out there know anything about this group?

Options: ReplyQuote
The Christ Family
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: April 27, 2004 05:43AM

They sound a little confused. Diapers on the head eh? Wonder if thats an indication they have shit for brains.

The Christ Family
Posted by: Hogan ()
Date: April 27, 2004 10:31PM

Actually, the cult members were quite bright. Many young people who have no spiritual foundation are drawn to strong leaders with extreme moral and religious views. They are searching, I believe, for the structure their parents never provided.

The Christ Family
Posted by: spigma ()
Date: September 18, 2007 03:52PM

I was born in 1978 and when I was very young, My oldest brother got involved with them. He has told us alot about what they did and where they "walked". For many years he didn't speek about them until recently. By brother sometimes ask people to call him by the name of one of the people from the bible and he has started to behave oddly. I have a lot more information and I went searching for more because we (my family) our concerned for him. Luckily I have not been able to find or hear anything about that that says they were violent. Feel free to e-mail me if you have information and would like more. One of the identifying thhings he says is Jesus Christ Lighting Amen

The Christ Family
Posted by: privateperson ()
Date: September 20, 2007 07:38AM

They are very much still active, in Hemet California, you should look up Lightning amen on the Riverside county court records, yes they are violent. They do not just smoke pot, many members have been arrested for selling meth and needles. Lightning Amen (legal name) was found guilty of child molestation, I am not certain of the sentence he received.

These people are evil from the word go, and they used a half of a t-shirt tied around the head, not a diaper as far as I know.

My family has been irreparably damaged by this cult, may the rot in hell.

Innocent children have been hurt, physically and emotionally.

Re: The Christ Family
Posted by: teresasDaughter ()
Date: July 27, 2008 04:59AM

who was this young girl? Just curious, my mother was in the Cult, she has passed now, but just searching for people that may have known her.

Posted by: teresasDaughter ()
Date: July 27, 2008 05:12AM

My Mother was in this Cult, The Christ Family, and i have come to the realization what a Bad Man Charles McHugh(Lightning Amen) is. He ruined our Family and had my mother become a Whore... She did drugs, gave her children away, and was beaten. I am one of those Innocent children that was hurt by Lighting Amen... If anyone is associated with The Christ Family, tell them to read them Bible, which HE FORBIDS his followers to do. He uses it now to twist the scripture and sucker in his followers, but in early CF days, it was forbidden for them to even read it! Doesn't sound very Christ like to me!

Date: September 18, 2008 08:22PM

My family was involved with the Christ Family for 15 years or more. I was moved to the desert, bathed in the river and begged for food when I was 3. I have very vivid memories of those days. Living with rattle snakes and wearing "white robes". I was eventually sent to live with my uncle and was separated from my parents while they were "on the road" to enlightenment. It is my understanding that during that time my father was shooting up and doing multiple drugs under the pretense that they were spreading gods word. We were involved with them through 1997 ish. I eventually talked some sense into my mother and she finally got out! My father never recovered he threw his whole life away on a lie. It ruined our life. It took many years for recovery. I am familiar with many individuals who were in the cult, especially those who spent any amount of time at "the land" in New Mexico across the colorado boarder. They did nothing but take and use our family.

Posted by: asiam02 ()
Date: September 19, 2008 10:56AM

Just thought that I should let you know, my girlfriend; Maureen Sajna Clarke has published a book entitle "In The Wind." The book details her life as a Christ Sister in the Christ Family. Anything you ever wanted to know about this cult is made known in this very well written book. You can find in online at many book stores. Just google "In the Wind" by Maureen Sajna-Clarke.

Posted by: endure ()
Date: October 16, 2008 03:14AM

"Drop KSM - The Christ Family Story"
another book about the Christ Family written by James Dure
Dreampalace Publishing

Details a great wealth of information about the CF [160 pages]
the author is a witness to the military [wacco] style invasion in Hemet.

documents the endless stream of changes to doctrine through the years,
the life of Charles McHugh [before the cult],
his claims and his teachings.
the book includes copies of documents written by the CF memebers.

Compares this cult to other mind control [and drug] cults and some of their links to
mind control experiments perpetrated by both the CIA and KGB in America in the 1960's and 70's

Current Page: 1 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.