Hebrew text meanings
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: April 23, 2004 09:46PM

Jews for Jesus missionary literature seems to be the most hard to refute of its kind. One tract points out that the word "echad" can mean compound unity rather than singular unity. I don't have a Hebrew Tanach right now but plan to get one soon.
Also the Talmud (Gemara) in Sanhedrin 98b points out that the Messiah can be a resurrected human being. Moshe Yess pointed that out to me. It's interesting how these verses weren't brought to my attention years ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Hebrew text meanings
Posted by: Hogan ()
Date: April 27, 2004 10:39PM

Many years ago I went to a "Jews for Jesus" seminar. As a Christian, I was very impressed with their presentation. They really make the Old Testament come alive.

Hebrew text meanings
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: May 12, 2004 09:50PM

Hogan
Many years ago I went to a "Jews for Jesus" seminar. As a Christian, I was very impressed with their presentation. They really make the Old Testament come alive.
Rick has a lot of negative things abou them on the site BUT the pamphlet that I got "Questions and Answers" clearly points out (and I verified this using a JPS Tanakch, I speak and read Hebrew fairly well these days) that the word "echad" in Hebrew can imply compound unity. I'm not a unitarian. I believe G-d's nature is compound.
The next thing I'm going to check out is their claim that Maimonides used the word yachid for singular unity in his 13
Articles of the Faith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.