Current Page: 7 of 39
Re: JESUS CHRISTIANS VISUAL ARCHIVE
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 25, 2008 05:54AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2008 06:22AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 25, 2008 06:10AM

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2008 06:32AM by zeuszor.

Date: May 25, 2008 06:50AM

Date: May 25, 2008 08:36AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2008 08:44AM by zeuszor.

Date: May 26, 2008 12:17PM

TWO GOOD ARTICLES

I do not know what happened with the first four of the new batch just then...I cannot rotate them. The first four new scans are part of one article, the last six another.

The Dude Abides!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2008 12:31PM by zeuszor.

Date: May 26, 2008 12:49PM

Date: May 26, 2008 01:25PM

MORE ON THE BERG/MCKAY CONNECTION

[welikejesus.com]

Quote:
"But a better example is paedophilia. Kids are not FORCED to have sex, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults. But you see, we each have our restrictions that we think makes it wrong or doesn't make it wrong. And so what we decided to experiment with is just trying to follow the rules as we honestly and humbly think God wrote them."

Here McKay (leader of the Jesus Christians) is saying that pedophilia does not involve force, and is trying to use this principle as an example of why it's OK for members of his cult to attempt to recruit minors.

MORE FAMILY ART

[xfamily.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2008 01:37PM by zeuszor.

Date: May 27, 2008 09:17AM

Read the first page of that "Dare to be Different" article carefully..."Christianity gone mad" is right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 09:18AM by zeuszor.

Date: May 27, 2008 11:20AM

DM was associated with the COG/Family beginning in approximately 1973. That's what page seven of the "On Being" article says; see "The Children of God Connection" blurb. Look carefully; this is from 1985. DM sure got a lot of ideas from them, didn't he?

Date: May 27, 2008 01:09PM

There is real proof here that DM was heavily influenced by David Berg. Influenced to the point of mimicry in certain respects.

[media.xfamily.org]

[xfamily.org]

Those scans were meant to illustrate something: to prove that you were far more influenced by Berg and The Family than you will admit, David.

"Invading the churches," leeching onto established churches and denominations in order to raise support and credibility, is something that you have been doing, and teaching your group to do, for years. Usually they will tell folks that they are "traveling Christian missionaries" and invite them to a "Bible study" as a pretense to attempt to recruit and/or raise support. This is your group's basic MO on the street. It is a very deceptive and audacious practice. Also very hypocritical, as they'll try and "blend in" and take advantage of the very churches that they supposedly have such contempt for.

About a year and a half ago, weren't they hooked up with a ministry in CA called "Gates of Praise?"

Also the comics. And the "forsake all" emphasis, and the apocolyptic bent too. And your whole website, which is full of "Dave Letters" similar to the "Mo Letters." Many are the characteristics that you appropriated from your COG days. Like you got tired of being in somebody else's cult, and so went and started your own. You got tired of being somebody else's puppet and decided to take the strings to play puppet master yourself with other people's lives, huh David?

And how long exactly were you in the COG again David? Some sources say a few months, some say a few years. That detail I have yet to ascertain precisely.

Another thing before I go for now, something I was meditating on today: the story of the Centurion in Matthew 8. The Roman Centurion was the
ultimate representative, was the very personification of The System at the time and in that place. Yet he was praised by Jesus:

Mat 8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this [man], Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth [it].
Mat 8:10 When Jesus heard [it], he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Jesus never told the Centurion that he had to "forsake all" and quit being a Centurion. Same thing with Zaccheus. That wee little man won the Lord's praise for his devotion and faith too. Why is this?

Think about it. That's why I say that you JCs have no concept of balance or the larger context when reading and applying Jesus' teachings. Being a Christian does not mean that I have to give all of my stuff away, quit talking to my friends, and hate my family. Jesus addresses each of us as individuals and never said that absolute renunciation is for everybody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 01:19PM by zeuszor.

Current Page: 7 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.