Current Page: 35 of 39
Re: JESUS CHRISTIANS VISUAL ARCHIVE
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 26, 2011 02:58AM

Yes, I know who made that "prophecy" but will not mention it here, out of respect to the McKay family's (those other than David, Cherry, and their children, I mean) wishes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: July 26, 2011 04:56AM

Apollo
Casey of the Jesus Christians cult working closely with children.

Bump*

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 26, 2011 05:26AM

Stoic
Speaking of tyrants, some very interesting information has emerged, from a Children of God publication,
'New Nation News,' Vol 6, No 2. It is a 1973 edition.

Who cannot recognise those distinctive glasses and that beard?

Kids ages match the time period, etc and of course, he was in Queensland at the time. So what now of the constant denial that Cherry was ever a COG member?
The poor kids got COG bible names too:

COG Bible names used by the, "McKay Family" - July 1973:

Tyrannus - Dave

Lebanon - Cherry

Simon - Kevin

Deborah - Sheri

Bartimaeus - Gary

Tabitha - Christine

Kids ages match the time period, etc and of course, he was in Queensland at the time. So what now of the constant denial that Cherry was ever a COG member?

The poor kids got COG bible names too:

COG Bible names used by the, "McKay Family" - July 1973:

Tyrannus - Dave

Lebanon - Cherry

Simon - Kevin

Deborah - Sheri

Bartimaeus - Gary

Tabitha - Christine

Date: July 27, 2011 05:14AM

Here is Simon's (Kevin) response to the above article. He has not returned to the xjcs since this post.

[www.xjcs.org]

''I am not sure what you would like me to say, Blackhat.

Do you have any comment to make?

I find it unconscionable that the forum that posts this clipping blocks me from seeing it, and behind this wall, people who conceal their identity, publicly slander the private lives of ex-members and behave as if every member of my biological family are fair game.

I have already clearly stated my memories of this period:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=530&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=caravan&start=10

I indicated the COG association began in 1972, that my family travelled in a caravan with "Children of God" painted on it in 1973, that using this name generated some strife with the COG leadership in Sydney, that culminated a personal letter from Mo himself saying they don't have a copyright on the name.

I believe this news clipping was the catalyst for this exchange.

Have you ever known a newspaper article to confuse the finer points? Even so it begins "An American family associated with the Children of God..." Dave is only identified as the head of the family not a member of the Children of God (as no doubt he made it clear he was not), and my mother is quoted as saying her priority was to teach her children. A country town reporter wrongly attributed this to "her place in the Children of God"... and this is the basis for people saying the most vile things about her?

Apollo asks: "Did Kevin McKay support the lie that his mother was not a member of the notorious Children of God paedophile cult?'

No, my mother was NEVER a member of the Children of God... which at this time was not associated with the criminal activity that Apollo seems determined to smear her and my childhood with.

I think my record for speaking truthfully and for correcting lies stands for itself.''

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 05:15AM by Apollo.

Date: July 27, 2011 05:30AM

There's strong rumours that Kevin McKay may be sheltering his parents. Now would be a good time for Kevin to either confirm or deny this. They are family at the end of the day so it would hardly be a shock but if Kevin is sheltering grandpa Tyrannus and grandma Lebanon then the local community deserve to be warned. Dave and Cherry McKay have a history of grooming young teenagers. Dave and Cherry McKay have a history of sheltering child molesters. If the McKay's are in town then parents have to be extra vigilant.

Kevin McKay, are you sheltering Tyrannus and Lebanon?

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 27, 2011 06:39PM

[www.imdb.com]

Memorable quotes for
Braveheart (1995)

Princess Isabelle: The king desires peace.
William Wallace: Longshanks desires peace?
Princess Isabelle: He declares it to me, I swear it. He proposes that you withdraw your attack. In return he grants you title, estates, and this chest of gold which I am to pay to you personally.
William Wallace: A lordship and titles. Gold. That I should become Judas?
Princess Isabelle: Peace is made in such ways.
William Wallace: Slaves are made in such ways. The last time Longshanks spoke of peace I was a boy. And many Scottish nobles, who would not be slaves, were lured by him under a flag of truce to a barn, where he had them hanged. I was very young, but I remember Longshanks' notion of peace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert the Bruce: Lands, titles, men, power, nothing.
Robert's Father: Nothing?
Robert the Bruce: I have nothing. Men fight for me because if they do not, I throw them off my land and I starve their wives and their children. Those men who bled the ground red at Falkirk, they fought for William Wallace, and he fights for something that I never had. And I took it from him, when I betrayed him. I saw it in his face on the battlefield and it's tearing me apart.
Robert's Father: All men betray. All lose heart.
Robert the Bruce: I don't wanna lose heart. I wanna believe as he does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
William Wallace: It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom.

There is never a time when I cannot listen this, so why not now?:

[www.youtube.com]

(Of course the film took a bit of poetic license with the story of Robert the Bruce, who is never recorded to have betrayed Wallace, but you get the gist)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 06:48PM by Stoic.

Date: July 27, 2011 11:04PM

Apollo
Here is Simon's (Kevin) response to the above article. He has not returned to the xjcs since this post.

[www.xjcs.org]

''I am not sure what you would like me to say, Blackhat.

Do you have any comment to make?

I find it unconscionable that the forum that posts this clipping blocks me from seeing it, and behind this wall, people who conceal their identity, publicly slander the private lives of ex-members and behave as if every member of my biological family are fair game.

I have already clearly stated my memories of this period:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=530&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=caravan&start=10

I indicated the COG association began in 1972, that my family travelled in a caravan with "Children of God" painted on it in 1973, that using this name generated some strife with the COG leadership in Sydney, that culminated a personal letter from Mo himself saying they don't have a copyright on the name.

I believe this news clipping was the catalyst for this exchange.

Have you ever known a newspaper article to confuse the finer points? Even so it begins "An American family associated with the Children of God..." Dave is only identified as the head of the family not a member of the Children of God (as no doubt he made it clear he was not), and my mother is quoted as saying her priority was to teach her children. A country town reporter wrongly attributed this to "her place in the Children of God"... and this is the basis for people saying the most vile things about her?

Apollo asks: "Did Kevin McKay support the lie that his mother was not a member of the notorious Children of God paedophile cult?'

No, my mother was NEVER a member of the Children of God... which at this time was not associated with the criminal activity that Apollo seems determined to smear her and my childhood with.

I think my record for speaking truthfully and for correcting lies stands for itself.''

Oh how very convenient, Kevin.

I didn't see Labanon distancing herself from the group when asked what her place was in the Children of God. Surely if she wasn't a member of the notorious Children of God then she would have simply said I do not have a place in the Children of God?

Date: July 28, 2011 12:11AM

McKay has never distanced himself from the teachings and methods of 'Brother Mo' either, and is on record as hoping to broker a reconciliation between his organisation and what is now known as the Family, formerly the notorious Children of God.

So there is no recognition there that the behaviour encouraged in the Children of God, the tyranny, cultic dynamics and subsequent apalling abuse of children---along with at least 30 second-generation suicides of those children---is in any way reprehensible.

Sure, McKay can talk a good game about how distanced he is from 'Brother Mo' and all his works but that rings very hollow when he is still employing the methods he learned from, plagiarised from and admired in 'Brother Mo'.

Just the honorific that he still applies to David 'Mo' Berg of the notorious Children of God, that fond 'Brother,' gives the lie to any repudiation of the man and his works.

'Brother Mo' is what Dave McKay aspires to be when he whinges about the 'movement' that he could have had but which has inexplicably escaped him.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 12:30AM by Stoic.

Date: July 28, 2011 12:19AM

McKay's place as a 'shepherd' in Brother Mo's cult was secured by using his family members, including Cherry, as his disciples. They were on record as members to give McKay the quota of recruits that he needed to get his hands on the Mo Letters and other written work that he kept under lock and key in a leather binder as a do-it-yourself manual to forming his own cult.

They may not have been particularly enthusiastic members but they went along with it---they were members.
You can't have it both ways, at least, not at the same time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 12:33AM by Stoic.

Date: August 08, 2011 04:44PM

Have we run out of "room" on the principal thread?

Current Page: 35 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.