REVIEWSTREAM REVIEW
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: October 04, 2010 04:15AM

Found this well written review of the Science of Identity Prabhufraud group.
You can scroll down and vote for it.
[www.reviewstream.com]

Item: Science of Identity Foundation

As a religion the Science of Identity Foundation has managed to maintain obscurity since being founded in 1977.
I really felt that I had seen a lot in my life before I got involved with the schools of meditation when I was twenty five, but this experience was not even comparable with anything I had ever seen apart from some dimly remembered snippets of coverage of the Branch Davidians in Waco on the evening news
After six months of living among the followers of Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa (Chris Butler) and being continually drip fed more information about him, his many business interests, how he treats his followers and what he teaches I was genuinely afraid for myself and those who I had become friends with.
Whenever I talk to people about my experiences their initial reaction is invariably how on earth did you ever become involved in that? If I had known in the beginning what I emerged with the knowledge of I certainly would never have considered it. I find it very difficult to imagine who would. I was constantly cautioned about talking to outsiders who would not understand and for never explained reasons persecute and attack me if they knew that I knew that the “absolute truth” comes from Chris Butler. His followers refer to him as ‘Srila Prabhupad’ - meaning he who is in the position of God.
Although many of the followers I met had never met Chris Butler they had become devoted to him through his books, Who Are You - The Science of Identity and Reincarnation Explained, his many recorded lectures and through their contact with older followers who are known as disciples and take on initiated names, like Radha Krishna das.
On the surface the beliefs seemed very simple, harmless and appealing in the sense that they directed spiritual
, peaceful and clean living, with a lot of emphasis on meditation, which was what caught my initial interest.
As soon as I was accepted among the very reclusive and secretive followers I was taught that meditation is secondary to bhakti yoga, which is devotional service. Basically devotional service is whatever Chris Butler tells you to do, whether it is recruiting others or working in one of the factories which are owned by other followers.
There were regulations to be followed from everything to not wearing shoes in the house, to offerring all food and drink, altar worship, chanting for a few hours each day, listening to at least one lecture per day etc etc. Charity or preaching was not encouraged at all. I was taught that women have the place of keeping the home, serving the husband and having babies
. Women who did not have husbands were told that this was due to their bad karma and that they needed to chant more. It was never acceptable to ask questions or express any sort of doubt. The result of being disagreeable or independent about anything ranged from being fined to being publically humilated in front of the other followers or ostracised by those who are the only people that you are suppossed to be in contact with.
I feel very fortunate that I realised quickly what I was involved in and got away from there. It took me about a year to really get over the daily experience of being a ‘devotee’ and the abuse that I received for choosing to leave. Although it was difficult to find a counsellor that was aware of cult issues I was very lucky to meet former followers and access a lot of information through the internet. Mostly I felt intially as if there must be something wrong with me, then very disillussioned about my own spirituality, and depressed about the way that people who I had felt that I was close to became my enemies and abusive towards me.
I would really advise anyone to approach free meditation classes with caution and to pay attention to the danger signs of being encouraged to cut off family and friends, an elitist and perfect leader (which from what I found out about Chris Butler is very exaggerated), not being allowed to ask questions, punishments being inflicted, giving excessive money or labour and keeping secrets. Based on my experience I really cannot see any good coming out of being in these circumstances, or why any sincere religion would adhere to them.

Re: REVIEWSTREAM REVIEW
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: October 05, 2010 06:05AM

Vera City
Found this well written review of the Science of Identity Prabhufraud group.
You can scroll down and vote for it.
[www.reviewstream.com]

Item: Science of Identity Foundation

........ Basically devotional service is whatever Chris Butler tells you to do, whether it is recruiting others or working in one of the factories which are owned by other followers.

Ain't that just the truth? This is a very well written piece. Thanks for posting this, Vera!

TUCO SPEAKS: "Whoever offers me a fruit, a flower, a leaf, or a little weed ... I will accept it."

Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: October 06, 2010 03:51PM

I am back...I have been sniffing around taking video at several of the CB locales. What great stuff I have. I am just starting to put it all together, I figure I will continue to go undercover as a stinky mainland haole and get little clips of these turd bugler followers before slamming them all on YouTube. I thought I had been found out a couple times, but turns out they were just looking at me funny because they are so brainwashed that thats how they always look haha. I asked one of his sheepeople to explain the rules over and over again acting as though I just couldnt grasp it until they were just incensed. I figure if I waste their time I am just taking away from time they could spend on recruiting more followers. This along with my lunches at the healthfood store whispering CULT to the cashier and the videos I will release should really piss the Turd Burgler off. Hey Ms. Chris...catch me if you can! haha, thats the problem with your system, you rob people of their normal scenes so its fairly easy to manipulate your malnourished, brainwashed followers. Chris I will be on Oahu next month we should try to hook up, I talked to your leader he said its OK, I am a dear friend of the family. haha! BOOO! Happy Halloween.

Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: October 07, 2010 08:17AM

Hey Guds. Very good. Be careful, brother.

Date: October 16, 2010 11:29AM

Message for Googling from an old friend:
Tuco says : "There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend. Those who have a lotus rope around their neck and those who have the job of cutting with humor."

Date: October 18, 2010 04:29AM

Vera City
Message for Googling from an old friend:
Tuco says : "There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend. Those who have a lotus rope around their neck and those who have the job of cutting with humor."

Yep ... Almost 60 years old and still laughing (just like Cheech and Chong, eh?) ... heheheheheheh! I certainly hope our humor on this forum can alleviate at least some of the stress that this cult seems to cause in people's lives, and yes, even cut the noose that is around their neck due to being involved with this cult.

My message to any cult members reading this forum: ~ You have been indoctrinated to develop a mindset of fear* and guilt. Being in this fearful condition makes it easier for others (i.e. Christ Butler) to push their power trip over you and control you. Do you REALLY believe that this is necessary to gain the favor of g0d?

* Fear of g0d, yamadutas, not pleasing the spiritual master, etc. etc. I believe the old paradigm of guilt, "original sin" etc. is on the way out. Maybe the much talked-about 2012 paradigm shift is indeed becoming a reality for some people? LOL!

Date: October 21, 2010 05:48PM

I am tip toeing as we speak. Luckily I have a background in reconnaissance along with unbelievable cutting edge video technology, undetectable even with a wand. You will notice @ the 0:30second mark there is a computer diagram, I will be taking the roll of the darker figure. The more silvery figure will be anyone that tries to control my mind, body, or soul against my will. Krav Maga is my friend.
[www.youtube.com]
If these videos are successful, which so far they seem to be, I have contacts in NZ, AUS, as well as the USA/Hawaii that will be taking a close look at the info I have compiled. This would not be possible without this site and the brave members that have fled the cult and told their story here. Speaking on behalf of the future prison cellmate of Chris "ButtLove" Butler, thank you all very much.

Date: October 28, 2010 09:20AM

bump

Date: October 29, 2010 11:21PM

Vera City
bump

ouch!

TUCO SPEAKS: The erroneous definition of God is the most malevolent and powerful manipulation of consciousness...

Tulsi Gabbard article
Date: October 30, 2010 07:56AM

Oh yeah, the truth is known!
Recent article on Tulsi Gabbard's divorce, politics, and connection with Butler cult.

[www.pamshouseblend.com]

Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo - Stealth Candidate in Hawaii?
by: Heathen07
Sun Oct 17, 2010 at 06:11:29 AM EDT

Probably most LGBT people have not heard of Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo, or her father, Hawaii State Senator Mike Gabbard.

Mike Gabbard is an intensely homophobic man who has been battling LGBT people since the early 1990s. He is best known as the leader of a very successful but ugly and hateful campaign against gay marriage in Hawaii in the 1990s. “I am accused of being a hatemonger, but I’ve never given anyone AIDS . . ." Mike Gabbard quote.

Mike Gabbard founded "Stop Promoting Homosexuality International" in the early 1990s, had an anti gay radio program "Let's Talk Straight, Hawaii" (1991) and an anti gay cable TV program "The Gay Deception." He founded the "Alliance for Traditional Values and Marriage," a major group fighting against gay marriage in Hawaii in the 1990s.

Tulsi is an attractive young woman who is currently running for the Honolulu City Council. When she was in her early twenties, she was elected to the Hawaii State House of Representatives, where she served from 2002 to 2004. While she was a state representative, she joined the Hawaii National Guard and served two tours of duty in Iraq. She left the Hawaii House of Representatives to serve in Iraq. Tulsi's campaign website: [tinyurl.com]

After serving in Iraq she became an aide to U.S. Senator Daniel Akaka. She also earned a degree in International Business from Hawaii Pacific University.

Although we just went through an intense and unsuccessful campaign to get Civil Unions (HB444) in Hawaii, Tulsi hasn't made any comments about equal rights for LGBT people. She also has not disclosed her position on a woman's right to choose a safe and legal abortion.

Her parents, Carol and Mike Gabbard, are both extremely anti gay and anti choice.

Tulsi isn't even mentioning "family values" in her campaign. But she does have pictures of Mike Gabbard on her website and in her expensive campaign flyers. Tulsi is prominently featured on the website of one of Mike Gabbard's non-profit groups "Stand Up For America" [www.standupforamerica.net]

It is probably a good thing that she is not talking about "family values," because the word is that Ms. Tamayo is divorced. She's saying very little about her own marriage. She was married for a number of years, but no photo of her husband, Eduardo Tamayo, has ever appeared in the press and she never appeared publicly with him.

We have to assume that Tulsi is trying to appeal, as much as possible, to the very conservative fundamentalist Christians and Mormons who have long supported her father, without alienating the more liberal downtown Honolulu residents in her district.

Throughout their public lives, Tulsi's parents, Mike (Krishna Katha das) and Carol (Devahuti dasi), have denied any association with a reclusive guru, Chris Butler, aka Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa, even though there is ample evidence of their association with this extremely homophobic guru and his cult, the Science of Identity Foundation (SIF). Jagad Guru Butler has also been keenly interested in politics for years. Both Mike Gabbard and Carol Gabbard have served on the board of the Science of Identity Foundation. Honolulu Magazine says they are both listed in a Polk Directory as teachers in the Polk's City Directory in the 1990s. Carol was the producer, for a time, of Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa's cable TV program "Jagad Guru Speaks." ("Jagad Guru" means "teacher of the world.")

In the mid-1970s Jagad Guru Butler and his devotees formed their own political party in Hawaii, the "Independents for Godly Government." They ran a number of candidates for office in 1976, all using their western or "karmi" names on the ballot (i.e. Jivan Krishna das ran as John Moore). All the Independents for Godly Government candidates lost in 1976 (they were revealed as religious devotees of Chris Butler in Honolulu newspapers before the election).

Starting in the August 21, 1977 issue of the Honolulu Advertiser, Walter Wright wrote a series of articles about guru Chris Butler and his political and business activities. These articles are an important foundation for anyone who is interested in the Gabbard family and their background. The articles document the founding of the Down to Earth natural food stores chain in Hawaii, a business that is said to be managed and run mostly by Jagad Guru Butler devotees.

Over time five of Butler's devotees have been elected to public office in Hawaii, including Mike Gabbard (Krishna Katha das) and Mike's wife, Tulsi's mother, Carol Gabbard (Devahuti dasi). Mike Gabbard has been a Honolulu City Councilman, as well as being a current Hawaii State Senator. Carol was on the Hawaii Board of Education. In addition to Mike, Carol and Tulsi Gabbard, the other Jagad Guru devotees elected to public office in Hawaii include former Hawaii State Senator Rick Reed and current Maui Councilman Wayne Nishiki. Both Carol and Mike Gabbard worked as staffers for Rick Reed.

Rick Reed was a somewhat controversial political figure in Hawaii. Mike Gabbard's bio on his website at [www.mikegabbard.com] does not mention that he once worked for Reed.

There are some good articles about Mike Gabbard that mention Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, and his Science of Identity Foundation church: Honolulu Weekly, Jan 27, 1999, "The Gospel According to Mike Gabbard" [tinyurl.com] and Honolulu Magazine, August 2004, "Who is Mike Gabbard?" [tinyurl.com]

Chris Butler and his devotees left the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), the Hare Krishnas, around 1977. Butler's teachings are essentially the same as those of ISKCON.

Like the Catholics, the Hare Krishnas believe that sex is for procreation only. Out of that teaching comes opposition to homosexuality, abortion, birth control, divorce, and equal rights for women.

Jagad Guru Butler and his devotees are not big supporters of separation of church and state. As one Butler devotee says: "Separation of church and state is ludicrous. Everything comes from God."

SIF and ISKCON do not believe in the theory of evolution, either. God created everything, all at once.

There is a Rick Ross Cult Education forum about Chris Butler and the Science of Identity Foundation cult at [tinyurl.com] There you can read a lot of gossip including assertions that Butler arranges the marriages of his devotees and that it is an honor for devotees to eat food (prasadam) prepared from the finger and toenail clippings of guru and also to drink the water used to bathe the feet of guru.

Eduardo Tamayo, Tulsi's husband or ex-husband, is said to be the son of a Filipino military guy, Col. Antonio Tamayo, Jr., who is said to be a devotee of Jagad Guru Butler.

Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa has devotees across the U.S. and in a number of countries around the world: In the Philipines, Australia, New Zealand and in Europe. Butler and his devotees have been successful in business. Guru is very rich. Devotees run a large and successful chain of natural food stores in Hawaii known as Down to Earth. Butler and his wife (Wai Lan Butler, aka "Wailana") run a yoga and meditation supplies business at www.wailana.com Devotees of Butler are expected to give tithes to their guru. His employees contribute in the range of 25% to 50% of their income to guru.

Mike Gabbard's anti LGBT radio program "Let's Talk Straight, Hawaii" was sponsored by Down to Earth in the early 1990s.

We have found that many of the financial contributors to Mike Gabbard's political campaigns are Jagad Guru Butler devotees. We haven't checked for Tulsi, yet, but she says she is the largest financial contributor to her campaign. She does not have a job, that we know of. She does claim to be a "small business owner," but we don't know the name of the business or how successful it is. Her father does not seem to be very successful in business, either. He once got fired as Chris Butler's personal assistant.

Tulsi, sometimes spelled "Tulasi," is the most sacred plant in India. It is sometimes called "Krishna Basil" or "Red Holy Basil." Krishna is often depicted with tulsi or holy basil at his feet.

Hawaii State Senator Mike Gabbard has been muting his homophobia lately. He strongly opposed HB444, the Civil Unions bill, but he has been concentrating on environmental issues. He is well-known, as a homophobe, to Hawaii LGBT people. Tulsi is attractive, energetic and perky. Her views and accomplishments are mostly unknown to voters. She doesn't have much of a record from her time in the Hawaii House of Representatives.

(LGBT activists worked heroically, for more than four years, to get HB444, Civil Unions, through the two houses of the Hawaii legislature. It was vetoed July 6th, 2010, by Republican governor Linda Lingle. Activists are now working to elect the Democratic Party candidate for Governor, former U.S. Representative Neil Abercrombie this November. Neil Abercrombie has promised to sign a Civil Unions bill into law. The Republican candidate for Hawaii governor, James "Duke" Aiona has ties to a far right, strongly anti LGBT religous group [tinyurl.com] "Duke" Aiona says that he would not sign a Civil Unions bill into law and has called for a public vote on Civil Unions.)

Right now, there are no issues of equal rights for LGBT people or issues of equal rights for women before the Honolulu City Council. so no one is asking Tulsi about her opinions on these important issues. (Honolulu City Council runs both the City and County of Honolulu. They control the entire island of Oahu and all the cities and towns on the island. This is an important position.)

Only people in Honolulu District 6 (which covers a portion of Makiki, Downtown Honolulu, Punchbowl, Liliha, Pauoa Valley, Nuuanu, Alewa Heights, Papakolea, Kalihi Valley, and a portion of Kalihi) can vote for Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo in this upcoming November 2nd, 2010 General Election.

I believe that Tulsi's opponent, lawyer Sesnita "Ses" Moepono, has some understanding of Tulsi's background. She is said to be good on LGBT issues and equal rights for women issues. (This is a nonpartisan, runoff election).

Ses Moepono obviously cannot trot out the guru or the cult or even the record of Tulsi's parents in her own campaign.

For voters who support equal rights for LGBT people and equal rights for women, there is a lot at stake in this election. For progressives, there is also a lot at stake.

Overall, the Gabbard name could help to get Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo elected. This could be a close race.

There is a lot of information about this candidate and her background that is hidden from the voters.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.