Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: March 29, 2009 11:19PM

newagesurvivor
newagesurvivor
There's first 30 minutes of Religulous to be seen in Google video.
Sorry, that link went to the trailer. Anyhow, there's 30:53 min Religulous (2008) by Bill Maher to be seen at least in my country in Europe. It's in the list if you can see it in your country.

Hi NAS,
There are lots of interviews with Bill Maher on You Tube.
The DVD is good because of all the deleted extras and the commentary on the movie.
I wish he would do a sequel!

Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: April 05, 2009 05:47AM

Vera City
newagesurvivor
newagesurvivor
There's first 30 minutes of Religulous to be seen in Google video.
Sorry, that link went to the trailer. Anyhow, there's 30:53 min Religulous (2008) by Bill Maher to be seen at least in my country in Europe. It's in the list if you can see it in your country.

Hi NAS,
There are lots of interviews with Bill Maher on You Tube.
The DVD is good because of all the deleted extras and the commentary on the movie.
I wish he would do a sequel!
I just made my way to this thread because someone mentioned to me that they'd been involved in the Chris Butler cult and I was curious...

I've gotta jump on the "Religulous" bandwagon with y'all because I thought that movie ROCKED! I enjoyed it so much that recently I went out and bought the DVD. I've seen it twice already and will definitely be watching it again and again.

For some reason it's been hugely therapeutic for me to see "Religulous". I guess coming from my cult involvement, I get a vicarious thrill witnessing a ballsy guy relentlessly asking wonderful questions about spiritual beliefs AND finding humor in it all.

I totally recommend the movie!

Wai Lana ~ Mrs Chris Butler appears in a surfer/stoner movie
Date: April 09, 2009 04:08AM

How ironic. How hilarious. How appropriate.
A clip from Wai Lana's (Mrs Butler) t.v. show appears in the title credits of the Matthew McConaughey movie "Surfer Dude", a surfer/stoner comedy.
She's on the t.v. in the background while a character is getting high while talking on the phone.
I laughed my ass off!
It's a fun but dumb movie with all the surfer and evil corporate stereotypes well represented.

Surfer Dude

Posted by: hoax108 ()
Date: April 09, 2009 06:12AM

I've just come across one of CBs booklets that I didn't realize I still had lying around.

It's an early work entitled "Jesus Loves Krsna", by Siddhaswarup Goswami.

If anyone wants it, PM me, I'll be glad to send it to you (trolls excepted).

Date: April 10, 2009 09:58AM

hoax108
I've just come across one of CBs booklets that I didn't realize I still had lying around.

It's an early work entitled "Jesus Loves Krsna", by Siddhaswarup Goswami.

If anyone wants it, PM me, I'll be glad to send it to you (trolls excepted).

It was also posted on this forum a while back.
Butler's book on Hehzuess

more on J n K

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2009 10:05AM by Vera City.

Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:00AM

Does anybody know what ever happened to Swami Iconoclast's excellent website that was at [guruoftheworld.blogspot.com]?

Is there a mirror site available anywhere?

Is any of the same information available elsewhere?

Why did it close down? Is Swami going to bring it back?

That was the best and most informative resource of critical information on ISKCON that I have ever seen.

Date: May 13, 2009 09:36PM

Any news on the the television network show on Wai Lana?

Posted by: tarry_willson ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:25PM

It is a somewhat apocryphal story in the first place, a persistent rumor with no supporting documentation to confirm anything about it, and I do not know for a fact that all the details are true in every respect. You got me on that one. Just like the question of Visnujana: nobody really knows.

Posted by: Concerns ()
Date: May 25, 2009 11:38PM

Hi everyone I have been following this thread with interest for a while now as my daughter has been increasingly getting involved with this group over the last year or so.

My reason for posting now is out of concern for Cara the person who was posting here as cultreporter.
I went to the www.sif-facts.com site. It seems like Cara is in a lot of trouble with the police and recently lost a defamation lawsuit for things she said on her website. She was ordered to pay $70000 as well as hit with a court order stopping her from posting.

It seems these people will not hesitate to aggressively go after anyone who speaks out about them, it is outrageous.

I also have concerns they may go after other people like Rama because he has openly identified himself here. Rama you will have to be very careful that you don’t get caught up in this kind of thing as well.

What is so good about this forum a person can express their concerns, experiences and points of view but stay safe by staying anonymous.

Despite the disagreements some people here may have had with Cara I think it is important to offer her support. She seems to be the backbone of and in the frontline of this important battle.

I would like to propose we show that support by perhaps offering her some financial assistance, to help pay her damages or lawyers’ fees etc. what do you guys think? How could we do that? Is it something Rick Ross could be involved with? Please PM me if anyone has any ideas.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 26, 2009 07:42AM

Concerns:

Please don't solicit funds for Cara here.

BTW--US Law and federal law in New Jersey protects this message board.

Landmark Education, a much larger and more financially capable organization than Butler, sued this site some time ago.

In the end they dismissed their own lawsuit and never were allowed any confidential information through discovery, i.e. any registration information for anyone posting about them on this message board.

It seems the laws were not in Cara's favor outside the US.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.