Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: GODHIMSELF ()
Date: December 18, 2018 01:27AM

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: May 18, 2013 08:23AM
MANY MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM HAVE READ THIS BOOK ..AND KNOW THAT IT WAS WRITTEN BY
ONE OF SON OF A LONG TIME DEVOTEE OF BUTLER ...
I read some excerpts of this book on Amazon Wet Hot and Wild American Yogi
Having studied this cult for years and interviewed many exers I found the following sentences a fairly common experience.

Of Sai he says, "I don't know where the clarity and humor went." [Older exers from the 70's describe a shift in Butler from mellow guru to insane megalomaniac].

And again, every exer had an ephiphany where they realized the guru had clay feet.
The book describes it perfectly,
"In that moment, I saw the game. Inside I felt alone and lonely. I realized I had played the role of spiritual being all along. And she, the guru, was just maintaining the political heirarchy. She had no insight into my heart." [Of course the "L.A. guru" refered to in this passage is Katyayani.] Her cold advice to the protagonist of the book is classic Butler philosophy.

The book also describes the process of choosing select followers as "pure devotees" or enlightened, solely to further the scam. This is a dangerous manipulation that Butler used on Katyayani, Wai Lana, and presumably Tulsi Gabbard, [and others]. It looks as if Katyayani herself continued the tradition. In reality it only serves the purpose of the narcissist who feels elevated enough to know who is worthy. Only the pure devotee can determine another pure devotee. In the end, the finger wraps around the person trapped in the guru's mirror and points back to the guru alone. Make no mistake, unless you can be used to make the guru look good, you are useless to him/her.

AND THIS WHAT AS HAPPEN TO THE THE AUTHOR OF THAT BOOK AFTER IT WAS PUBLISH.
BUTLER AND HIS FOLLOWERS DO NOT TOLERATE ANYONE TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THEIR CULT ...EVEN A PERSON THAT WAS BORN AND RAISE IN THE CULT.

The author received death threats from Butler Cult followers.
The author has blood relatives who will not speak to him.
The author was not allowed to be in the same room alone with his little sister after the book was written, because he was thought of as "crazy" and would possible rape his sister... this was instructions coming from his guru and other "leaders"
The majority of the people who grew up with him (friends, and relatives no longer speak with him)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 18, 2018 01:37AM

Date: May 19, 2013 06:05AM

COULD IT BE THAT THE CULT THAT A US REPRESENTATIVE BELONG TO ACTUALLY MAKE DEATH THREATS TOWARDS MEMBERS THAT WILL REVEAL THE SECRETS OF THE CULT ?
ANYONE THAT AT THIS POINT RECEIVE DEATH THREATS ....SHOULD CONTACT THE POLICE ASAP

Now more questions are emerging for me.

Several people have reported that they have received death threats from Butler followers for leaving cult or publishing things critical of Butler. In Shyam Dodge's interview he says that his mother, a devotee of Butler at the time, went to him to complain about the threats against her son Shyam. Butler claimed to not know anything about it and declared that it stop. His mother was close enough to him to ask him about this personally - not all followers have this relationship. Why doesn't Butler come out publicly about this behavior instead of plastering the internet with his vacuous psuedo-spiritual musings from 30 years ago (photos, quotes, and videos). Doesn't anyone see anything wrong with this picture?!
Why doesn't he create anything new?
More than one person has contacted me to tell me they were threatened and told to not post on this forum.

Date: December 18, 2018 02:01AM

Date: May 29, 2013 12:20AM
VERY IMPORTANT POINTS BY A EX DEVOTEE OF BUTLER THAT WAS BORN IN THE CULT
THE WAY THE CULT DEALT WITH THE SISTER OF MR DODGE IS SCANDALOUS ...
IF YOU STOP WORSHIPPING BUTLER AND SERVING HIM THIS POST TELLS YOU ARE YOU ARE QUICKLY OSTRACIZE FROM THE CULT .

In Shyam Dodge's book, "Wet Hot and Wild American Yogi"?
At least twice in the memoir and in his inteview, Shyam tells of the cult "line" that everyone used on him and his family after his father's death.
"The wise neither lament for the living or the dead." It's a quote from the Bhagavad Gita.
His mother and sister were suicidal and not allowed to grieve. His sister was sent away to the school in the Philippines as a cure.
Great - separate a grieving girl under the age of 11 to a far-off country and don't allow her to talk about or grieve her father.
They couldn't handle her distress so she was locked up in a room isolated most of the time. By the time Shyam saw her again she had pulled
most of her hair out...
Shyam was told that his 11 year old brother was selfish and materialistic for missing his father and crying over his death.
They were told that they were preventing their father from moving on to the spiritual world by their grief.
People in this cult are not allowed to grieve or feel compassion for other's who are suffering in their own community.
When there was a suicide in the cult, this is the line given to widows and chilren. It is such a powerful and stop gap phrase
that shuts down all humanity. "The wise neither lament for the living or the dead." unless the guru gets sick or his paramour
gets in an accident - then it is the fault and sins of the followers... Butler claims to take on the karma of his initiates.
So the followers total concerns and loyalty are centered around getting every one of guru's OCD needs met.
If a kid doesn't get the party line after years of indoctrination,
after a certain age, the kid gets cut loose. He is of no use to Butler.
He has probably been labeled an "aparadha" (blasphemer) by Butler so no family members are allowed to contact him.

Date: December 18, 2018 05:43AM

Posted by: VitaminC ()
Date: June 06, 2013 01:35PM
ANOTHER TESTIMONIAL OF AN EX-MEMBER OF THE BUTLER CULT
LIKE SO MANY EX-CULT MEMBERS HE EXPLAIN HOW DEEP IS THE BRAINWASHING AND HOW HARD IT IS TO BREAK FREE FROM THAT CULT .
If it means anything to anyone, I left many years ago. Afterwards, I felt lost, confused, lonely and almost went back to what I thought was the safety of the cult. It slowly sank in that those people were not my friends, they were not my neighbors, nor did I owe them anything. All they did was take years of my life away and used me. I thought they gave me purpose, but what they gave me was emptiness that made me keep going back for more false illusions of happiness. It was like trying to carry water in a bucket with a hole on the bottom. I would get filled up, then quickly feel empty again, but instead of plugging the hole, I just tried to fill it up again.

Its rough in the beginning because we are brainwashed into believing that the cult brings happiness and salvation. The food, the music, the dancing.

None of it is real. I was just being used. Treated as a means to a goal for Butler's pockets. To make one man and his family rich. No different than any other con man. A common criminal.

These negative feelings subsided eventually when I realized that I wasnt the one that was fucked up. They were. I realized after a while that it was normal to feel this way after being betrayed by a large group of people who say they are your friends but their only goal is to use you.

I worried for a long while about what my "friends" would think about me leaving. I worried about the guilt that I felt for leaving. I realized all of this was just part of what Butler put into my head, a system of control.

It just takes making the first step to leave and go back to having a beautiful life.

Ive never looked back since.

Date: December 18, 2018 05:53AM

Posted by: flashlight_on_roaches ()
Date: June 07, 2013 07:44AM
THE CONGRESS REPRESENTATIVES SHOULD KNOW THAT TULSI GABBARD GURU MAKES FUN OF JESUS CHRIST (as most Americans in Congress do swear on the bible allegiance to serve the American public )BUTLER DOES NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF THE WORD OF GOD (in the Bible )MEMBERS OF THE USA CONGRESS SHOULD ASK SERIOUS QUESTIONS TO TULSI GABBARD ABOUT HER VIEWS ON JESUS CHRIST .

“In the '80s and '90s, Butler appeared in a series of locally filmed shows, titled Jagad Guru Speaks, in which he sermonized on spirituality. In one episode, titled "Is God Really Loveable?" Butler mocks the Bible and the Christian interpretation of God, calling them nonsensical. "These Christians don't know God," Butler says. His comments summon laughs and nods of agreement from the room full of listeners. Mike and Carol Gabbard are shown sitting just a few feet away from the charismatic guru, laughing along with the audience.
[www.honolulumagazine.com]

Mike Gabbard represents himself to be a “practicing Roman Catholic”, but for many years has been a member of a radical Hara Krishna splinter-group, who’s leader, Chris Butler, a.k.a. “Jagad Guru”, claims to be “Teacher of the Absolute Truth, above all religions and above all governments and refers to the Christian God as a “Sadist”.

Date: December 18, 2018 06:00AM

Posted by: tellyoulies ()
Date: June 08, 2013 04:10AM

TESTIMONIAL OF AN EX-MEMBER OF THE CULT CONFIRMING NOT ONLY THE PRESENCE OF THE GABBARDS IN THE BUTLER TV SHOWS ....BUT ALSO CONFIRMING THE EXTREME ANTIHOMOSEXUAL
VIEWS OF CHRIS BUTLER ...AND MIKE GABBARDS
Yes the TV show jagad guru speaks audience was filled with his followers, after a large chat or “gathering” the would round up the “normal” looking disciples and students and these were the people sitting around with staged questions, and yes the Gabbards were in these shows, I have seen them all and it is true.

There is no way in hell Mike Gabbard is a Catholic, I know for a fact this is a shame and a game he is playing … he is a devoted disciple of Chris Butler. Mike Gabbard is a full-fledged initiated disciple of Chris Butler.

Also Mike used to send out a newsletter (god I wish I still had copies of this) to all the devotees and disciples of butler it would come out and readily read by the disciples and Mike was held up as a fighter for a cause against the homosexuals. it was a great newsletter...

Mr. butler in his maniacal state would give lectures out at the beach in Malibu california. it as pretty much on the county line of LA county north of LA on the PCH. One time he gave a lecture about "fagots" he walked from his beach condo to the gathering of devotees and gave a lecture as he saw a man wearing a thong on the beach and he went into this crazy lecture about how the man who was wearing the thong so his male partner had a nice butt to look at when fucking it... this was in front of women and children.. it was kind of harsh now looking back at it.

Date: December 18, 2018 06:15AM

THIS IS A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE OF HOW THE CHRIS BUTLER WORKS ...THEN ...NOW AND IN THE FUTUR

The fake master, can look for this phenomenon and take advantage of people who
really believe that you are some kind of god. These affected people will be
loyal to you for life and can be used as an unshakable core of your evil empire
because they have totally convinced themselves that you are for real.

SECURITY AND SECRECY
In order to design a cult that will withstand the test of time, you must have an
effective secrecy and security plan in effect. Otherwise, people who have
figured out you are a fake will expose you. You will lose your following and
your cult will go out of existence.

The main secret you need to keep secret is money. You don't ever want your
followers to find out all the stuff and assets you have or where they are
hidden. The main purpose of setting up your cult was to get rich. But, you
never talk about this. You talk about the quest for enlightenment. You never
say anything about how "enlightened" your bank account has become.

To ensure control you need a standard "need to know" hierarchy. Your family
knows you are a scam artist and they are in on the scam. Some trusted friends
may be too. But, your followers must never know the truth or they will leave
you in a heartbeat.

You need an information control system where all information passes thru you so
you can control knowledge. Knowledge is power. The cult members must only be
allowed the bare minimum of knowledge about your cult. Make it hard for them to
learn the identity of other members so they do not start "comparing notes" which
could allow them to uncover the real truth. All orders come from you. You
appoint all in positions of authority. Everyone "serves" at your pleasure.

Eventually, you may need to set up some kind of damage control system. For
example, if someone catches doing some cult bullshit ... You may need hired thugs and expensive lawyers to make sure that anyone who learns the truth about you never be able to
talk freely about you . After all, there is a multi-million dollar business at stake here. Who
cares about a few lives destroyed

MAINTENANCE
Having taken all the necessary steps to set up a viable cult, you and your
relatives can now relax and just watch the tax free money roll in.(INCLUDING THE WAI LANA CHIPS AND YOGA MATS .Delegate any
remaining jobs and just let the system run on "automatic pilot". Tell followers
you are "off talking with god" or any story you want to make up.
Representatives can do all the leg work now. You don't even have to be seen any
more......and if you make sure to tell followers that you are a germophobe the better Just say you are "watching everything from an invisible plane" or some
such crap. The fools that follow you will recruit more fools and your cult and
bank account will continue to grow."

Date: December 18, 2018 06:18AM

THIS POST IS A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE OF HOW THE CHRIS BUTLER WORKS ...THEN ...NOW AND IN THE FUTUR ..IT IS ALSO THE SAME RECIPE FOR COUNTLESS OTHER CULTS THAT ARE MENTION OF THE CUT EDUCATION WEB SITE

The fake master, can look for this phenomenon and take advantage of people who
really believe that you are some kind of god. These affected people will be
loyal to you for life and can be used as an unshakable core of your evil empire
because they have totally convinced themselves that you are for real.

SECURITY AND SECRECY
In order to design a cult that will withstand the test of time, you must have an
effective secrecy and security plan in effect. Otherwise, people who have
figured out you are a fake will expose you. You will lose your following and
your cult will go out of existence.

The main secret you need to keep secret is money. You don't ever want your
followers to find out all the stuff and assets you have or where they are
hidden. The main purpose of setting up your cult was to get rich. But, you
never talk about this. You talk about the quest for enlightenment. You never
say anything about how "enlightened" your bank account has become.

To ensure control you need a standard "need to know" hierarchy. Your family
knows you are a scam artist and they are in on the scam. Some trusted friends
may be too. But, your followers must never know the truth or they will leave
you in a heartbeat.

You need an information control system where all information passes thru you so
you can control knowledge. Knowledge is power. The cult members must only be
allowed the bare minimum of knowledge about your cult. Make it hard for them to
learn the identity of other members so they do not start "comparing notes" which
could allow them to uncover the real truth. All orders come from you. You
appoint all in positions of authority. Everyone "serves" at your pleasure.

Eventually, you may need to set up some kind of damage control system. For
example, if someone catches doing some cult bullshit ... You may need hired thugs and expensive lawyers to make sure that anyone who learns the truth about you never be able to
talk freely about you . After all, there is a multi-million dollar business at stake here. Who
cares about a few lives destroyed

MAINTENANCE
Having taken all the necessary steps to set up a viable cult, you and your
relatives can now relax and just watch the tax free money roll in.(INCLUDING THE WAI LANA CHIPS AND YOGA MATS .Delegate any
remaining jobs and just let the system run on "automatic pilot". Tell followers
you are "off talking with god" or any story you want to make up.
Representatives can do all the leg work now. You don't even have to be seen any
more......and if you make sure to tell followers that you are a germophobe the better Just say you are "watching everything from an invisible plane" or some
such crap. The fools that follow you will recruit more fools and your cult and
bank account will continue to grow."

Date: December 18, 2018 06:43AM

Date: August 13, 2013 03:59PM

IN THE BUTLER CULT THE CHILDREN MUST WORSHIP CHRIS BUTLER
IF ONE OF THE PARENT DECIDE THAT THEY WANT OUT OF THE CULT ...THE OTHER PARENT WITH THE HELP OF THE CULT MONEY WILL TRY TO KEEP THE CHILDREN IN THE CULT
EX-MEMBERS HAVE GIVEN TESTIMONIALS OF THIS PRACTICE OVER AND OVER ON THIS FORUM AND ELSEWHERE .THIS POST OF VERA CITY EXPLAIN CLEARLY THE WAYS OF THE CULT WEN IT COME TO FAMALIES.
One of the reasons why this is not happening is that this cult is so difficult to penetrate due to its secretive nature. It is known that Butler studied ISKCON's mistakes coupled with tactics used by some of the original "deprogramers". He read books about cults and mind control as far back as the '70's. He is also a master at following and monopolizing upon popular cultural trends, such as the "yoga lifestyle". He uses the same protean abilities with his political puppets. (e.g., Running some on Republican tickets, while others with the Democrats).

We all know that over the years Butler has became more and more obscure and secretive. He is a master at covering his tracks. Now the cult is into the third generation. Relatives who have left the cult live in fear of their lives or permanent loss of loved ones. Grandparents and Parents outside of the cult are decieved and lied to about the cult. There are no outward signs of cult involvment such as clothing and large group compounds (e.g., New V). If contact is maintained with "karmi relatives" it is limited to just enough to gain financial support. Members futher disguise their beliefs, as the Gabbards have, by taking on a veneer of being a Hindu or a Catholic, thus making it all seem more socially acceptable to outsiders.

The rescue contingency has been artfully blockaded by Butler. He has imbued cult members with cynicism, "learned complacency" and fear. If anyone even imagines to rescue any children, this programming kicks in... Butler also knows child custody laws and how to incite parent alienation against non-cult members. A non-cult parent would need to pay at least a 100K to get their child back and then pay for years of therapy. After all that, the indoctrination would be so deep that they still could lose their child back into the cult once they reach a certain age. (For example, in some states, once a child reaches age 14, they have the right to live with the parent of their choice.)

The reasons for shipping children off to a third world country and out of the reach of US law is obvious. What is not so obvious, and these are the invisible disorders put upon followers, are the learned phobias and dependencies upon the cult. This is why newly liberated cult members can not or will not expose Butler. They say, "I just want to get on with my life and put this all behind me." They do not become advocates for freedom. Shyam was exceptional, but it came about through great pain and loss. I am not saying this to judge anyone, only to point out that exers may need to look at the fact that Butler planned for detractors and those that leave the path in his teachings.

Date: December 18, 2018 09:19AM

Date: September 15, 2014 04:19PM

WHAT VERA CITY WROTE IN THIS POST IS A TRUTH REFLECTION OF MANY STORIES THAT WE HEARD ON THIS FORUM ABOUT THE DEALING OF CHRIS BUTLER FOLLOWERS WITH EACH OTHER
AND THE TREATMENT THEY RECEIVED FROM CHRIS BUTLER .
By the time you wake up you have discovered that your husband or wife is having an affair with another devotee…
or that your child was hurt in the boarding school and you were not told…
that your spouse wants a divorce because you are not “serious enough” in your service to Chris Butler
that Butler chastised you for something you did not do…
that you discover that the pure devotee really does not know everything nor does he have the supposed mystical powers you were told…

that your child no longer respects you after going away to the indoctrination "missionary" school because you are not “serious enough”…
that during your divorce or custody battle you can not mention Butler involvement because you fear “spiritual death”…
that you find yourself kidnapping your own children away from their other parent who is no longer a devotee...
that all your fights with your spouse are over "to be celibate or not", how much money to tithe, or how you never see each other because of working on one Butler "projects"...
that because you are a woman you can not get remarried after an unhappy marriage because you are too old and gave your youth away in service…
or that you can not marry because you are needed on a "project"...
or that the person you desire is not approved of by the guru...
or that if you do marry the person you desire, you are downgraded to "lustful" in the cult's rankings...

that you can’t bust fellow devotees of unethical and criminal acts because it would implicate guru…
that you have to stop seeing a beloved family member or friend who is shunned for offenses …
that you have just been played all these years…
that the people in charge, the ones Butler trusts, are really opportunistic assholes who seem to be free to break the rules…
that the people you thought were so compassionate and full of bhakti joy are really cold and heartless when you suffer a serious illness, tragedy or death in the family...

that you can no longer leave the group because the sacrifice is too high…
that years later you do not have the skills, networks, or friends to make it outside of the cult…
that to leave the group would be to lose your family, friends, and income…
that to leave the group means that you will need to be responsible for yourself again...

that you have discovered the cult's hidden history and how ancient practices were modified, derivative, and reductive - used by a clever narcissist for his own selfish motives...

that all the good and beauty was just a cynical weapon used against your spirit to forward one man’s grandiose delusion of himself…

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.