Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: GODHIMSELF ()
Date: December 11, 2018 02:24PM

POSTED BY DASSI MARCH 07 2008

You forget that there were also a lot of people who gave up their education, lives, and money to Chris Butler thinking him to be a pure devotee, which he clearly is not. Also, public, political figures like Mike Gabbard have misled his constituency by denying and distancing himself from Butler's group. This makes him disingenuous. Homophobia also has no place in politics. It is not modern and cool. It is a fact that has existed since time immemorial. Some people are homosexuals. They deserve the same rights and services as any other citizen. I knew Mike. He was not particularly homophobic. He took this position only at the request and direction of Chris Butler. Which brings us to the real problem. Chris Butler has meddled in Hawaii's politics for years using his followers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 11, 2018 02:41PM

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: June 13, 2008 11:56PM

This memo clearly marked “letter available to all disciples” shows CB in a false light. It shows a persona people thought they were following, but not the real person. It has already been shown that Chris Butler had no compassion for the health and well being of his followers. He may have had a heart for a dying bee, what he calls a “lower species of life” in the letter. “…I give them material care and spiritual care to the best of my ability without over doing it in the sense of spending 2 or 3 hours at the beach sitting with the bee.” In his father Willis Butler’s memoir about his mother, “Barbara: Memoir of Love Affair”, the senior Butler is clearly disappointed with his guru son because of the lack of visits he has with his mother dying of cancer. I guess he considered his dying mother less than a lower species of life.

In true narcissistic style he would have short visits to his dying mother where he would bring garlands made by his followers. In his mind CB thought he was bringing her “maha prasadam” (the highest, holiest leftovers from a “pure devotee” – anything that touched the body of the 'messiah' supposedly becomes transformed and possesses purifying powers). Willis writes in his book, “Chris brought gorgeous leis, often on January 13. Barb insisted sentimentally that he chose that day because it was his birthday.” I’d say she was being sarcastic!

Willis is respectful towards his son Chris in the book, but makes it clear that he does not buy into his son’s religion. “There are moments, rare ones, when I envy Bruce’s and Chris’s facile understanding of the body-soul relationship. Too bad it is based on a creed reflected in garish paintings of what Barb and I used to call (only privately, never to our sons) “little purple boys, beige fawns, and pink-girl children”… I once lashed out…, “I don’t want to hear about the subtle body and the gross body. I miss Ma!” Willis also writes, “Kris appeared for awhile and sat on her bed, whisper chanting “Hare Krishna.” I wished later I had played some of her favorite music.” About the funeral, “I called Chris and left a message with a secretary, of course. [Willis could not ever call his son directly.] He called back: “I probably won’t come, I’m not much for partying.” (his word)…he would not care for any event at which he was not the center of attention, with stately entrance, much bowing over folded hands, etc.”

I wonder if Willis Butler is aware of how much damage his son has done to the lives of many people…

Date: December 11, 2018 02:49PM

Posted by Vera city 2008
CHris Butler would often use the tactic, "Why be here?" and threaten to "leave the planet" and thus condemn the spiritual lives of his followers forever! Such salvationist threats were his constant MO. We should have taken his bluff! LOL!

Also, using CB's health as a rod over everyone's head is another cult tactic used in this letter. Remember, we were told that if guru gets sick, it is our fault because he is taking on all of our sins for us! I'd be laughing now, but it is no laughing matter for those people duped into believing it. But, I don't give a shit about the people who knowingly propagate these lies.

The paranoia about germs is very evident in this memo as well. The hotel rooms that CB was being shuffled around to were not shabby residences to say the least!

Date: December 11, 2018 03:17PM

Dr Lifton concept refers to the mobilization of the entirety of the person's social, and often physical, environment in support of the manipulative effort. Lif
these 8 can be found in the Chris Butler cult

1. Control of communication(followers are not permitted to associate with other Krishna devotees from any other guru but Chris Butler )

2. Emotional and behavioral manipulation (followers must think that Chris Butler is their only path to salvation)

3. Demands for absolute conformity to behavior prescriptions derived from the ideology(Chris Butler is the ultimate authority in everything concerning the cult and where the money ultimately must flow )

4. Obsessive demands for confession

5. Agreement that the ideology is faultless (THE GURU IS PERFECT )

6. Manipulation of language in which cliches substitute for analytic thought

7. Reinterpretation of human experience and emotion in terms of doctrine

8. Classification of those not sharing the ideology as inferior and not worthy of respect

Date: December 11, 2018 03:17PM

Dr Lifton concept refers to the mobilization of the entirety of the person's social, and often physical, environment in support of the manipulative effort. Lif
these 8 can be found in the Chris Butler cult

1. Control of communication(followers are not permitted to associate with other Krishna devotees from any other guru but Chris Butler )

2. Emotional and behavioral manipulation (followers must think that Chris Butler is their only path to salvation)

3. Demands for absolute conformity to behavior prescriptions derived from the ideology(Chris Butler is the ultimate authority in everything concerning the cult and where the money ultimately must flow )

4. Obsessive demands for confession

5. Agreement that the ideology is faultless (THE GURU IS PERFECT )

6. Manipulation of language in which cliches substitute for analytic thought

7. Reinterpretation of human experience and emotion in terms of doctrine

8. Classification of those not sharing the ideology as inferior and not worthy of respect

Date: December 12, 2018 01:53AM

Posted by VERA CITY July 01 2008

There was tremendous pressure to get the approval from CB and therefore the group. You did not want to be the next brunt of one of CB's jokes pointing out all of your flaws in public. CB once called a young woman a "dog in heat" because she wanted to marry a man who was not in the group. She married him anyway and CB continued to reject her but didn't mind a lot of free labor. This man succumbed to the cult too.

Followers of Chris Butler with doubts say they felt like they could not express them to anyone or become a target for insults and shunning. They were told that "doubts are demons!" One person told me that they didn't get the "lord in the Heart" thing and complained about not "feeling" anything at kirtans. No one would have dared to express these feelings publicly! Other people would go on an on about stories and spiritual experiences with their guru, how "amazing" he was. A smug toss of the head and the feeling from them that YOU could NEVER understand just made you want to follow more diligently so you COULD really feel like you were one of them! Everyone had at least one event that proved to them that Chris was a pure devotee. Some only based their belief on what other people "for sure could trust" had said. Others based it on dreams or on a comment or charismatic smile from Chris.

Date: December 12, 2018 02:17AM

Posted by Vera city July 2008

Chris Butler was told by Swami Bhaktivedanta to STOP using "PSYCHIC SLEEP" a process very similar to hypnosis that BUTLER was using in the Krishna temples when he first came to be a devotee of Krishna ...Did he replace "psychic sleep with other mind control techniques over the years ??

"Have you ever been to a live hypnosis show or gone to a hypnotist to stop a bad habit? It is always surprising to see who goes under easily and who obviously is resistant. My father, a brilliant and inventive man used to say it was all nonsense, yet he would be the first guy to go under at entertainment hypnosis shows, according to my mom. I had dinner with some friends recently where hypnosis was the topic of conversation. One suggested that a person with greater intelligence is more susceptible to hypnosis because they make more connections in their thinking and have greater access to information in their brains, (but he couldn’t cite any research to prove this. ) Another suggested that it has nothing to do with intelligence, rather it is the more creative people with high imaginative capabilities who are most susceptible to hypnosis because they have greater access to the subconscious mind (one could argue that creativity and imagination is a form of higher level thinking/ intelligence). He also suggested that the ability to be hypnotized is an innate talent like the ability to draw and that it is also a skill that can be developed.

Googling, think about how you got involved in CB’s cult. Just like with hypnosis, you are put into a relaxed state of mind and had positive, high expectations about what would happen in your life as a result of the experience. You are inducted into a relaxed state of mind to receive new messages beyond your conscious mind. This was reinforced by a convincing and supportive peer group that seemed to be really nice (cool, reliable, educated, credible…) people. What you didn’t realize is that those new friends had already been deeply reformed. You didn’t “feel” manipulated or hypnotized, but there you and others were for years.

CB has followers chant mantras, make kirtans (group chanting with musical instruments), eat nice vegetarian food, listen to lectures. These are all very pleasant and relaxing experiences. Followers live a very healthy and clean lifestyle and manage ordinary businesses. What could be wrong with that? But while practicing the meditations and associating with people whose lives are completely invested in the cult, in this state, research has proven that you are very susceptible to hypnotic suggestions. Hypnosis can give you helpful suggestions to stop smoking or eat properly; or for entertainment purposes, make you act silly, but a cult uses the same techniques to make nefarious suggestions, like believing that an ordinary man is God’s representative on earth and you should give your life and money away to him. Where was your choice then? You really had none. You were set up (and luckily one of the few to escape.) You did not know then what you know now, so there was no choice. A reserved person does not go to a hypnotist's show to act like a chicken and get laughed at by the audience, but marvels later at how quickly and easily he was made to act that way.

A person who has been hypnotized will tell you they did not feel a thing. My father would argue pridefully with my mom that he never really went under. And with more meditation and practice, a follower becomes more adept at deepening the inductive process and reinforcing the cult dogma. I think that the people in Chris Butler’s cult honestly do not think they have been programmed. When you watch an ad or news on television, you can argue back, hold a different opinion, chose not to buy a product, turn it off, write a letter to the editor, email a congressman. You can’t do that in a cult."

Date: December 12, 2018 02:34AM

THE IDEA OF GODHIMSELF REPOSTING SOME OF THE EARLY POSTINGS ON CHRIS BUTLER CULT CAME FROM A JOURNALIST FRIEND WHO SAID THAT THERE ARE SO MANY POSTINGS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRIS BUTLER AND THE SCIENCE OF IDENTITY CULT ON THIS THREAD.THAT IS A LONG AND TEDIOUS TASK TO SEARCH FOR PERTINENT PIECES OF INFORMATIONS REGARDING THE CULT PAST ABUSES .

AS A SERVICE TO THAT JOURNALIST AND OTHERS GODHIMSELF WANTS TO PUT SOME OF THE MAIN QUOTES ON THIS NEFARIOUS CULT IN A SERIES OF PAST QUOTES THAT POINTS OUT THE MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CULT AND OF CHRIS BUTLER .

Date: December 12, 2018 02:57AM

POSTED BY Concerns ()
Date: May 25, 2009 11:38PM

Hi everyone I have been following this thread with interest for a while now as my daughter has been increasingly getting involved with this group over the last year or so.

My reason for posting now is out of concern for Cara the person who was posting here as cultreporter.
I went to the www.sif-facts.com site. It seems like Cara is in a lot of trouble with the police and recently lost a defamation lawsuit for things she said on her website. She was ordered to pay $70000 as well as hit with a court order stopping her from posting.

It seems these people will not hesitate to aggressively go after anyone who speaks out about them, it is outrageous.

I also have concerns they may go after other people like Rama because he has openly identified himself here. Rama you will have to be very careful that you don’t get caught up in this kind of thing as well.

What is so good about this forum a person can express their concerns, experiences and points of view but stay safe by staying anonymous.

THE CULT AS NOW TAKEN LEGAL ACTIONS AGAINST RAMA ....
"RAMA WAS BORN AND RAISE IN THE CULT SCIENCE OF IDENTITY BY HIS FANATICAL PARENTS RAMA WAS FORCE SINCE BIRTH TO ADORE CHRIS BUTLER AS GOD REPRESENTATIVE ON EARTH.CHRIS BUTLER AS NO COMPASSION EVEN FOR A YOUNG MAN THAT AS BEEN USE AND ABUSE BY HIS CULT FROM BIRTH .SCIENCE OF IDENTITY AS SAID THAT RAMA WAS NEVER A MEMBER OF THEIR CULT ...LIES ...DECEPTIONS ...COVER-UPS ..

Date: December 12, 2018 05:10AM

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: March 21, 2009 12:45AM

THIS POST IS 100% applicable to what we see in the cult of CHRIS BUTLER

A) Intelligent people are more susceptible to cult influences than we may realize. Hell, we can even be led to believe we like Pepsi over Coke against our will! It doesn't take much to fool, hypnotize, indoctrinate a person to believe they have had a "spiritual" experience or are in front of an "enlightened" being. It doesn't always take torture, long sessions of chanting or lecturing, or even a low protein diet. While aversive techniques are very effective, they are not the only LGAT methods used or even needed.
B) To paraphrase Alan Tate Wood; a successfully indoctrinated cult member supplants his own character development, critical thinking, compassion towards others, and self-reliance into blind obedience, conformity, moral slavery and psychological bondage.
C) Because of A and B, cults are dangerous and damage the lives of everyone involved; themselves, their children, their non-cult family members. Followers end up rationalizing their own exploitation, the exploitation of their children, and often become complicit in the crimes and misdeeds of the leader and group. This is the most tragic result. Previously kind, moral, and loving people can turn into blind submissives or brutal zealots.

CONCLUSION: Question Authority.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.