I survived a Krishna cult
Date: May 17, 2015 07:49AM

Here is the article link with wonderful quotes by Rama das Ranson:

[www.stuff.co.nz]
A Kiwi says he was brainwashed from birth after he was born into a secretive religious sect.

Rama das Ranson, 35, was brought up in the Science of Identity faith, and says he was instructed by his parents Robin and Allan Ranson to worship its reclusive leader Chris Butler 'like a God'.

Ranson, who has spoken for the first time, said he rejected the group's teachings, which he labels as a cult.

and companion article: The Science of Identity is building a new community at Lake Pukaki.

Using the protection of Parliamentary privilege he questioned whether Ti Leaf Productions Limited was "nothing more than a front for a religious cult or more importantly Mr Speaker, it is in fact an international drug ring".

He added: "Mr Speaker, unless the veil of secrecy is broken, these questions will remain unanswered but the people of Twizel do not want a David Koresh and Waco, they do not want a Jim Jones in Guyana."
Patrick Bowler, a convicted drug smuggler, is a member of the Science of Identity.
Supplied

Patrick Bowler, a convicted drug smuggler, is a member of the Science of Identity.

Neill repeated the claims in interviews outside of the House, was sued for defamation for $1.75 million.

Ti Leaf Productions also sued the owners of a homestead they rented, Lester and Robyn Baikie, and took a petition to Parliament demanding the naysayers back off.

Neill spent several years of his life investigating the group. But he eventually settled and apologised on the fourth day of a High Court defamation trial.

"It just about destroyed me, both financially and otherwise," he says.

The Baikies continued to trial and they were eventually ordered to pay $5500 for breach of contract and defamation for making comments to the Timaru Herald - well short of the $1.3m Ti Leaf Productions had been seeking.

One of Rama's old posts that caused me to refer the NZ journalist to Rama:
[forum.culteducation.com]

More links below.

Flash

Patrick Bowler article:
Continued [flashlightonroaches.wordpress.com]

Allan Tibby article:
Continued [flashlightonroaches.wordpress.com]

Ti-Leaf Productions:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: May 17, 2015 12:24PM

Rama Das !!! I am soooo happy to see you back. I have thought of you often and wished you much peace and well-being. We have struggled along but thanks to some very brave souls, we are all still here. Please check in with us more. Your voice is valued and most important- You Matter! We all did, in spite of Butler’s best attempts to shut us down.
We are free.
We are sovereign.

Rest assured, Butler will be exposed.

Hawaii Free Press – Chris Butler Cult Tied to “Billion Dollar Drug Empire”
Date: May 18, 2015 04:11AM

Hawaii Free Press has never shied away from reporting the rumors surrounding Chris Butler and his cult following. Today they have gone above and beyond with the headline: Chris Butler Cult Tied to “Billion Dollar Drug Empire”

[www.hawaiifreepress.com]

See headline number 4 in the screen capture above.

It’s too bad the headline does not link to the article about the New Zealand News Stories.

Look for “Exposing Chris Butler Cult” in the links section to the far right. That link placement is sure to boost this blog in search engines results. Mahalo to Hawaii Free Press!

Flash

Date: May 18, 2015 01:07PM

HUGE ARTICLE IN THE HAWAII FREE PRESS !!! (Thanks to Flash and Rama Das)

"Tulsi Gabbard's Cult Tied to "Billion Dollar Drug Empire"-- Funded Taliban
By Selected News Articles @ 3:27 PM :: 218 Views :: Congressional Delegation, Military, Drugs” Sunday May 17 2015

[www.hawaiifreepress.com]
The Sunday Star-Times and Timaru Herald of New Zealand are reporting the story of two drug kingpins tied to the so-called "Science of Identity" Hare Krishna cult whose members reportedly include Hawaii State Senator Mike Gabbard and US Rep Tulsi Gabbard.

Since returning from India, where she learned first-hand about the foreign policy goals of Indian PM Narendra Modi, Gabbard has made a name for herself as a sharp critic of President Obama's approach to Islamic terrorism.

Ironically, the dope-smuggling ring bought hashish and marijuana by the ton -- from the Taliban.

How much? As the New Zealand papers explain: "...The Ring operated on such a vast scale that just one shipment was enough to lower the price of pot along the entire West Coast of America...."

Here are the details....

Revealed: the Kiwis behind a billion dollar drug empire

by Bevan Hurley, Stuff.co.nz, April 26, 2015 (excerpts)

EXCLUSIVE: Once, they ran the world's biggest dope-smuggling ring. But after giving evidence against their violent criminal associates and doing 15-year stints in some of America's toughest jails, two New Zealanders have returned home to escape their lives of crime. This is their story - a story that has never before been told.

"He is 54 years old. He has nothing. He has done everything he can do to atone for his life as a hash smuggler."

So said lawyers acting for Patrick Christopher Bowler, as they pleaded for mercy at his sentencing in 2008 for trafficking 240 tonnes of hashish into the United States.

Bowler pleaded guilty to charges in the United States of conspiring to sell marijuana on a grand scale, and was convicted and sentenced to 12-and-a-half years in jail....

Bowler, a vegan yoga fanatic, was released in 2010, and has returned to New Zealand where he said he had led a "quiet peaceful life" since then.

But the court records suggest he may never have found himself incarcerated without the testimony of his former friend and fellow Kiwi smuggler, Gregory Paul Timewell, who also proved an invaluable source of information to authorities.

Timewell, was sentenced in 2010 for smuggling 120 tonnes of marijuana into the United States. He had been arrested in 1995 over an attempt to import 25 tonnes of hashish from Pakistan through Long Island to upstate New York and Canada, and cut a deal with prosecutors in which he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to import hashish, provide complete cooperation, give full disclosure of all his assets and forfeit his property....

According to the sentencing records, Timewell's testimony helped secure the prosecutions of over 180 defendants around the world, at least US$20 million in forfeited assets seized as well as tens of thousands of kilograms of marijuana seized in the United States and overseas, the court heard at his sentencing in 2010.

'Blondie' as he had been known, is now 65 and believed to be living under a new identity back in New Zealand. He has changed his name by deed poll. But the US court records reveal that at one time he was near the helm of a billion-dollar global drug empire....

Court documents show that between 1980 and 1995, a group of dealers loosely associated with the Kiwi duo smuggled thousands of tonnes of marijuana and hashish from Asia, mainly Thailand and Afghanistan, into Europe and North America.

"They were close to the biggest in the world at the time, they were tremendously active and with organisations all over the world," said Burton Ryan.

Ryan confirmed information contained in court documents about how the pair's influence extended from the tribal lands of Taliban-controlled Afghanistan and Pakistan, to Thai generals, the IRA, Dutch shipping experts and the Hell's Angels on the West Coast of America. The court records show they used camels, trucks, planes, and shipping routes across the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans to shift their product....

read ... Revealed: the Kiwis behind a billion dollar drug empire

'Chris Butler Worked to Help' Drug Kingpin tied to Taliban

by Bevan Hurley, Stuff.co.nz, May 17, 2015 (excerpts)

The Sunday Star-Times revealed last month how Bowler and fellow Kiwi Greg Timewell turned Federal witness in return for reduced sentences. When Timewell was arrested in 1995, he turned in his former mate Bowler, and Timewell's testimony led to hundreds of convictions worldwide. Bowler was arrested in Switzerland and became a prolific informant, flying to Thailand, Holland and around as a DEA undercover operative, and risking his life on perilous assignments.

They were released from prison in the United States in 2010 after serving lengthy sentences, and their stories were revealed in the Star-Times last month.

The paper has now tracked Timewell down to a remote border town in Thailand. He had changed his name by deed poll. He and his girlfriend declined to speak.

But Timewell's cousin Greta Jourdain said he was a bit of a "wild child" who had found solace in the Hare Krishna religion.

"He had a magnetism, he always had a beautiful lady on his arm."

Listed on Bowler's US indictment were his many aliases, which included the Guru, Top Hat, and Das Paramahaja, a misspelling of his initiated name Paramahansa Das. In the judge's sentencing notes, it was noted how Bowler "always seems ready to help others and share in the spiritual resources" while in prison.

"He leads classes in meditation to assist in keeping the level of the activities there calm. He teaches yoga and meditation classes there."

Rama Ranson remembers Bowler from his time within the Science of Identity.

"I have known him and his children my whole life.

"He was known through the whole cult, he was the man and everyone knew he had tonnes of money."

He says Bowler was heavily involved in the Science of Identity in New Zealand, which is believed to number several hundred.

Bowler declined a request for an interview.

In a statement, Jeannie Bishop, president of the Science of Identity Foundation, said: "As a branch of Vaishnava Hinduism, the Science of Identity Foundation recognizes the free will of every individual to follow the path of life they want to follow.

"Rama das Ranson has never been a member of the Foundation and we have respected his right not to follow the path of Vaishnava Hinduism.

"Patrick Bowler is not a member of the Foundation, but to our knowledge, is now sincerely trying to practice Vaishnava Hinduism, which includes using his life to help others.

"We are aware of certain allegations but do not wish to dignify them with a response other than to say you should be very critical of the motivation of people making many of these allegations.

"Chris Butler and the Foundation have worked to help many people get their lives back on track, including Patrick Bowler and will continue to do so."

read ... Disciples, deities and development

Chris Butler Cult Tied to "Billion Dollar Drug Empire"

by Bevan Hurley, Timaru NZ Herald, May 17, 2015 (excerpts)

Using the protection of Parliamentary privilege (Alec Neill, MP for Waitaki) questioned whether Ti Leaf Productions Limited was "nothing more than a front for a religious cult or more importantly Mr Speaker, it is in fact an international drug ring"....

Patrick Bowler was drawn to the healthy living mantras of the Hare Krishna religion in the 1970s.

He became an adherent to Chris Butler's Science of Identity, an offshoot of mainstream Hare Krishna. He later became a master drug smuggler, earning millions of dollars as he trafficked hundreds of tonnes of hashish from Afghanistan and India to North America and Europe.

SST: Revealed: the Kiwis behind a billion dollar drug empire
SST: 'I survived a Krishna cult'
read ... Religious sect plans development in MacKenzie Basin

RELATED:

Tulsi Gabbard Hires Cult Associate as Chief of Staff
Tulsi Gabbard Office Manager tied to Chris Butler Cult
To Stop Mufi, Mrs Abercrombie Joins the Chris Butler Cult

Whistling While We Work
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 18, 2015 07:43PM

As this story unfolds, anyone needing assistance composing headlines
should look up the lyrics to Tom Lehrer's 'The Old Dope Peddler"

[www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2015 07:46PM by corboy.

Mike Gabbard Outs Himself
Date: May 19, 2015 02:18AM

You know what I love about this job? It’s when I stumble and fumble and yet manage to come up with a previously hidden gem like this: Mike Gabbard writing a letter admitting to dishonesty, heavy drug use, and a life-member devotion to Krishna. Hawaii State Senator Mike Gabbard has a history of reinventing himself and rewriting his biography. I’m rushing to post this now so journalists can question Tulsi Gabbard about these embarrassing and important admissions.

I recently discovered that Mike Gabbard had written to the founder of the Hare Krishna movement back in 1977. I’ve since obtained a copy of his letter from the official source and am disclosing it here for it’s very first public viewing. It seems clear that Gabbard was a heavy drug user while also working as a drug counselor. He was also converting young people to Krishas while working as a guidance counselor. He offers his home and all his worldly possessions to Krishna. He and his wife, Carol Porter Gabbard, changed the legal names of their sons and raised all five of their children as little servants of guru Chris Butler.

read my full article here:

Date: May 19, 2015 03:05AM

We were raised Anti ISKCON, taught never to look like a Hare Krishna because of all the evil corrupt shit they all did in the name of Krishna. We were taught that was the most offensive and demonic thing you could ever do, worship one of these false demons posing as pure devotees of Krishna while committing these totally vile acts in God's name

That was clear in my mind when I learned SoI is just as filthy, if not far worse. They could well be the worst of the A.C. Bhaktivedanta off shoots.

None of you have any possible way to justify your own group now that it is clear Butler and the SoI were absolutely filthy the whole time. The whole time through the 80's and 90's the corruption was going STRONG and you raised us kids to NEVER be a part of such things.

What do any of you have to say for yourselves?

Date: May 19, 2015 03:14AM

Hi everyone, just reading here and it seems Bevan Hurley has been even busier than I thought! I had only seen the original two articles but the Chris Butler - Taliban connection is amazing!

The only thing on earth worse than all this ultra right wing racist extremism that salivates at the notion of a mass holy war against Muslims would obviously be Chris Butler's shameful legion of mind controlled minions, so seeing their bogus "War On Terror" tact absolutely blow up in their faces, and seeing that my simple and truthful testimony so effortlessly become a crucial thread that enabled so much of this to stick is absolutely unbelievable.

Seeing that our NZ articles were more than enough for these Hawaii papers to go hard at the Gabbards is really something special.
Talk about a ripple effect.

It has been very surreal, Bevan contacted me less than a week ago, before that I had zero idea any of this stuff had ever transpired within the cult.

I can only imagine the level of cognitive dissonance the cult members are employing to justify these things right now.

I wanted to say THANK YOU to flashlight on roaches, first for getting Bevan in contact with me, and of course for his mind blowing wealth of tirelessly stockpiled evidence of the Butler cult. Bravo, man.

Thanks Veritas for your cool comment above!

Date: May 19, 2015 03:49AM

Rama Das (slave name) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
...and seeing that my simple and truthful
> testimony so effortlessly become a crucial thread
> that enabled so much of this to stick is
> absolutely unbelievable.
>
> Seeing that our NZ articles were more than enough
> for these Hawaii papers to go hard at the Gabbards
> is really something special.
> Talk about a ripple effect.
>
> It has been very surreal, Bevan contacted me less
> than a week ago, before that I had zero idea any
> of this stuff had ever transpired within the
> cult.
>
> I can only imagine the level of cognitive
> dissonance the cult members are employing to
> justify these things right now.
>
> I wanted to say THANK YOU to flashlight on
> roaches, first for getting Bevan in contact with
> me, and of course for his mind blowing wealth of
> tirelessly stockpiled evidence of the Butler cult.
> Bravo, man.
>
> Thanks Veritas for your cool comment above!

You are very welcome, Rama. However, I should be thanking you since your personal testimony was the missing ingredient. When I first read your account of your Father's funeral, it inspired me to make your suffering have a higher purpose. Bevan had the same reaction when I sent it to him. You are a very brave soul and my own anonymous efforts pale in comparison. Please stay with us as the press and researchers grab a hold of this matter.

Flash

Date: May 19, 2015 05:11AM

I drive a taxi in SF still and I randomly gave a ride to a journalist from PBS in San Diego, I told her about the story and she gave me her card and would be back in september and asked if I'd want to do an interview about it. I said yeah and I will definitely send her all the articles.

This whole thing just seems marked with pretty unbelievable coincidences like this, just the fact for my own case that it all broke in New Zealand is a massively positive thing for me as it shed so much light on it, people who new us our whole lives but not in the group are really blown away and very disturbed by this but it has been a magnificent outpouring of love and support for me from just the most amazing people ever. It forges very strong and healing bonds, still in total suspended belief.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.