Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: June 27, 2013 06:19AM

Thanks, Corboy, for reminding us of the terrible harm done by Mike Gabbard. I agree it is great day for same-sex couples and for all of us who support their struggle. Of course, it is a very bad day for Chris Butler and his anti-gay spokesman, Mike Gabbard. Both of whom, along with Carol and Tulsi Gabbard, have long histories of spreading hatred of gays as part of their wacky Hare Krishna-like religion. Yes, it will be interesting to watch what unfolds in the Butler cult but I’m sure that Mike Gabbard is one politician who will never again win public office.

It is my hope that Mike Butler’s sister, Caroline, will now take this opportunity to speak of her own sexuality and how she has dealt with her brother’s public bigotry and also about her niece, Tulsi’s, alleged transformation. It is rumored that Caroline Sinavaiana-Gabbard, a Professor of English at the University of Hawaii, is a lesbian. Caroline can be seen in the photos below with her brother, Mike Gabbard, and another along with a lesbian poet. She has associated with a number of well-known lesbians and has been published on the topic of homosexuality amongst Pacific Islanders.

Mike and Caroline on the far right:

Skye and Caroline (Sina):

Caroline publically supported Tulsi Gabbard, but did so in such a way as to hide her Gabbard name and the fact that she is Tulsi’s aunt. Was this done to keep the truth from the LGBT community or because she was ashamed of the Gabbard family’s anti-gay politics?

“…As someone who has known Tulsi all her life, I have witnessed firsthand the steady development of someone making her own way in the world with a courage and commitment to hard work and serving others, to honesty and learning by experience. While our respective political views have diverged in the past, I am extremely gratified to see a transformation and newfound clarity in Tulsi's positions on social justice, human rights and equality…”

Is she saying that Tulsi’s change of heart regarding lesbians is gratifying? I’ll leave it to the reader to guess at the reason for the deception. Perhaps “Sina” can encourage Tulsi to admit to her cult upbringing and how it has affected her and other family members (there are rumors that more than one Gabbard child might be gay).

Here is a snapshot of the page in case it is removed. Note that her last name, Gabbard, is not stated and I don't think she ever married:

…and the link to Tulsi’s own web site

[www.votetulsi.com]

Another quote mentioning LGBT and Caroline.

“…One immediate effect was that several student volunteers were inspired to begin planning a writing workshop for Pacific Islander LGBT persons and their friends, as well as an international conference for women in color in struggle. Audre would have loved to see such a result from the gathering. We also had the chance to experience the island and the warmth of the ocean, and to spend time with our old friend, Caroline Sinavaiana…””

[audrelorde-theberlinyears.com]

“The co-organizers of the 2012 Audre Lorde Legacy Festival (Professors Christina Gerhardt, Elisa White and Caroline Sinavaiana, UH Manoa)”

[www.poetryfoundation.org]

[skyeviewtraveler.wordpress.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 29, 2013 09:09AM

There have been no posts at all to any of the Rick Ross Forums in the past two days. Does anyone know why? I have a lot more to say about the Chris Butler money trail, but not to an empty room.

Flash

Posted by: terrenaut ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:34AM

Flash, I have been unable to get into this forum for the last two days. Presumably others had the same problem. No empty room, I can assure you.

Your work has been vitally important, very much noticed and appreciated.

Date: June 30, 2013 04:03AM

Thanks for the encouragement, terrenaut.
I thought readers of this message board might appreciate seeing an example of how I battle with the cult behind the scenes. I’m sure that Tulsi was not happy to be the subject of my ethics complaint and having to admit some embarrassing facts. Hopefully these facts will be useful to anyone challenging Tulsi in future elections. Tulsi Gabbard is still pretending to be a practicing Hindu rather than admitting to her upbringing in a Hare Krishna styled cult led by her Guru, Chris Butler. Many people are frustrated that the media has not reported on this essential piece of background information. The proof of her association with Butler and his disciples is not well hidden. Please read below how I was able to confirm that Tulsi Gabbard lived (lives?) rent free in a condo owned by a long-time follower of Butler. The same exchange below confirms that a business in her name was established and operated with cult money and cult labor.
My promise of more information on the money trail and Richard Bellord will have to wait for another day.

Chris Butler now looks a lot older than in this rare photo taken after his prime:

June 17, 2013
Aloha Xxxxx,
The Ethics Commission staff has concluded its investigation into your complaint and is not able to find sufficient evidence that Rep. Tulsi Gabbard received unlawful gifts or had conflicts of interest during her time as a City councilmember. [[[We reviewed the information you submitted and did not find that Rep. Gabbard took any action at Council affecting either the owner of the apartment where she lived or Kanu Productions, and there was no other tenant at the apartment.]]]
As a result, we will close this case subject to additional information.
This staff opinion is based on the facts and circumstances presented to us. If the material facts are not as stated or change, the opinion may no longer be valid and you should contact the Commission. In addition, the opinion is based on staff’s understanding of the ethics laws and prior Commission opinions. If you disagree with the staff opinion, you may request a review by the Commission itself. If a review is requested, submit the request in writing stating the reasons why you believe the staff opinion is in error. The request should be made within 5 days of the opinion.
Xxxxx
Xxxxx X. Xxxxx
Executive Director and Legal Counsel
Honolulu Ethics Commission
715 South King Street, Suite 211, Honolulu, HI 96813-3091

Hi Xxxxx,
As frequently occurs in our complaint cases, the subject of the complaint is asking for a copy of the complaint. We do not disclose the identity of complainants except in very limited circumstances which do not apply at this time. My intent is to send a copy of the complaint, your 3/10/13 email below after redacting your name and email address.
My question to you is whether there is any other information stated in the email that you believe would identify you. Please let me know by May 10, 2013.
Thank you.
Xxxxx

Aloha Xxxxx:

I sincerely appreciate your follow-up on this important matter. Thank you for the explanation and for your willingness to review additional information. Tulsi Gabbard has received other gifts and financial assistance which might be easier for you to research. First let me point to her financial disclosure submitted as a requirement of the office of City Council member. ("Disclosure of Financial Interests" with the Honolulu City Clerk's Office.)

[www.hcssc.net]

Tamayo (Gabbard) claimed to live at Kukui Plaza in Honolulu. The address on her Organization Report is:

Xx S. Kukui Street, Dxxxx Honolulu, HI 96813
Honolulu real property records indicate this property is owned by Francis P Martin (non-homeowner). It is a condo owned by Francis P. Martin who is a fellow Hare Krishna and owner of several "cult" business employing many Hare Krishnas. Tulsi paid no rent for this under-the-table assistance. Most of us on Oahu must pay rent or a mortgage. Why not Tulsi? This same address is listed as the office of Kanu Productions and the business records indicate that Tulsi is the Registrant.

[hbe.ehawaii.gov]

[www.kanuproductions.com]

Kanu Productions owns very expensive professional cameras worth tens of thousands of dollars, yet Tulsi’s disclosure stated she had no assets with which to buy the cameras. Richard Lowther of Kailua works as a cameraman at Kanu Productions and is aware of the financial transaction. Chris Butler of Lanikai paid for the cameras plus web development and hosting service for Tulsi’s web site: www.kanuproductions.com
Let me be clear that Tulsi has accepted money and favors for years believing that she is “serving Krishna”. This is unethical and unacceptable. I hope you agree that these violations are serious enough to publically reprimand Tulsi Gabbard.
Please let me know if I can assist you with any further information.

Sincerely, Xxxxx Xxxxx

Francis (Frank) Martin; free rent for fellow cult member Tulsi Gabbard

John Rogers; business associate of Frank Martin, friend of the Gabbard family and disciple of Chris Butler.

Richard Lowther, Kanu Productions and disciple of Chris Butler

Dear Mr. Xxxx,
Thank you for concerns raised regarding possible ethics violations.
Regarding former Councilmember Gabbard's campaign contributions, lawful campaign contributions are not considered gifts under Revised Charter of Honolulu Sec. 11-102.1(a). Therefore, there is no violation under that section.
I have reviewed the web links you provided and do not find that they provide sufficient information upon which to base a finding of probable cause of an ethics violation. Therefore, the Commission will close this matter, subject to opening should additional information be provided. For example, if you have information pertaining to gifts or other matters that may raise conflicts of interest, please let us know. …

Hi Xxxx,
We're reviewing your complaint against Councilmember Gabbard.
First, I need to inform you about a legal limitation affecting this matter. Under current law, giving a lawful campaign contribution to a candidate for office does not create a conflict of interest for which a councilmember has to disclose the contributor. See, Revised Charter of Honolulu Sec. 11-102.1(a)
[www1.honolulu.gov]
and Advisory Opinion No. 76,
[www1.honolulu.gov]
This advisory opinion is from 1977 and I do not know whether the current Commission would be convinced by its reasoning. But, for now, it is the interpretation I have to follow.
Second, the connection between the people you name in your email and CM Gabbard is not clear. For example, I could not find any testimony or comments submitted by those you named in your email on the City web site for Resolution 12-57, [www4.honolulu.gov]
It would be helpful to have more concrete information about the supporters of Reso 12-57 and CM Gabbard, such as whether they have close family or personal relationships or financial interests or business activities in common.
I would appreciate any information you can offer.

Thanks,
Xxxx
Executive Director and Legal Counsel
Honolulu Ethics Commission
Subject: Possible Ethics Violation

Dear Mr. Xxxx:
On May 9, 2012, the Honolulu City Council passed Resolution 12-57. Introduced by Honolulu City Councilmember Tulsi Gabbard, this resolution urges the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to require labeling of genetically engineered (GMO) food.
Did Tulsi Gabbard report her Conflicts of Interest or abstain from voting as required by law? “Down to Earth” have directly and indirectly contributed to Tulsi Gabbard’s campaign for her current office and she has received the majority of her funding from those who stand to benefit most from this resolution. Her personal and family history with “Down to Earth” is long and deep and is alleged to include receipt of gifts and in-kind donations. Public support from Down to Earth on this issue (see links below) undoubtedly influenced passage. This business, its affiliates and associated people including Mark Fergusson, Joseph Bismark, and Chris Butler have been accused of labor and health violations as well as discrimination. My point is not to question the resolution, rather to address the possible ethical violation and to ask if her fellow Councilmembers were made aware of the potential conflict.
Thank you.
[www.downtoearth.org]

[www.dailykos.com]

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: tellyoulies ()
Date: July 02, 2013 01:16AM

flashlight_on_roaches... please don't stop ... I am here I check out the forum every day or every other day. keep up the good work.

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: July 02, 2013 02:07AM

flashlight_on_roaches
Thanks for the encouragement, terrenaut.
I thought readers of this message board might appreciate seeing an example of how I battle with the cult behind the scenes.

Remember it is always darkest before the dawn. Never give up.

Date: July 02, 2013 11:30AM

Media darling, Tulsi Gabbard, is featured in the July 2013 issue of Vogue Magazine (at least the on-line edition). This article troubles me for two reasons: First, the Media would rather perpetuate the myth than to conduct any actual research or ask probing questions. Second, Tulsi seems to be compounding her lies instead of distancing herself from the Chris Butler cult. Let me give some examples of both these troubles.

Perpetuating the Myth: Tulsi allegedly converted to Hinduism as a teenager, surprised everyone by becoming a politician, surprised them again by becoming a soldier, The War destroyed her marriage, etc. Why do we never read quotes from people who served under her or were familiar with her early years and her marriage? Is it too much to ask for a reporter to fact-check a politician?

Compounding her lies: Now she refers to Eddie Tamayo as her Childhood Sweetheart, Surfing Buddy, and Best Friend. Chris Butler is such a pathological liar and I sense his grandiosity in these newly embellished details. Eddie was a citizen of the Philippines while Tulsi was home schooled in Hawaii and Samoa except for a year or two in Baguio City (where there is no surf). Plus, boys and girls do not have contact in the Butler Cult and certainly don’t have sweethearts.

Here are a few excerpts from the article, but go ahead and follow the link if you can stomach it. In the next few days I will write an alternative and perhaps shocking scenario regarding Tulsi Gabbard’s marriage to Eddie Tamayo.

[www.vogue.com]

“…She was also happily married—to her childhood sweetheart Eduardo Tamayo. “You know,” she says wryly, “young love. We surfed together and were best friends. His family was like my family.” Gabbard’s personal life and career looked steady; then, in the spring of 2003, the United States invaded Iraq, and she made a choice that dismayed her political advisers: She joined the Hawaii Army National Guard, and when her brigade was deployed to Iraq in 2004 and her name was left off the deployment list, she insisted on going anyway…”

“…For now, Gabbard, who is single, must content herself with the unglamorous life of a freshman House member: jetting ten hours and six time zones for district visits, splitting her time between her tiny apartment on Capitol Hill and her modest rental (a small unit behind another house) in Kailua. You’ll get nowhere asking if any of it wears on her. This is a woman who takes obvious pride in being a good soldier who approaches things with a blend of stoicism and hope…”

Lastly, here are a couple of well hidden and unflattering images of Tulsi in the interest of fair and balanced reporting:

All for now -- Flash
PS. It seems easy to sign up anonymously at Vogue if you care to comment on their article.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 03, 2013 09:57PM

News Today via Yahoo

‘No girls allowed’: Iraq war vet Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on opening combat missions to women
By Rick Klein, Richard Coolidge, and Jordyn Phelps | Power Players – 2 hrs 28 mins ago

Top Line

Ask Rep. Tulsi Gabbard why she supports the military’s new policy to allow women to serve in combat roles, and the Iraq war veteran speaks from experience.

“I can tell you during my deployment, there were missions that I-- volunteered for and was not allowed to go on, simply because I'm a woman,” Gabbard, D-Hawaii, tells Top Line. “They said, ‘Sorry, no. No girls allowed.’”

Gabbard served in combat in Iraq and says the military’s policy shift is much more than symbolic.

“What we see in the policy change now…is just a reflection of what women have already been doing in the military,” she says. “And it'll now open those doors so that we can have women serving in positions of leadership and within units where previously they were not allowed.”

Gabbard also brings a first-hand perspective to the issue of sexual assault in the military, saying she “heard and saw incidents” of sexual assault within her military camp when she was in Iraq.

“We got issued rape whistles so that as we walk out of our tent or walk out of our hooch, we've got our body armor, we've got our helmet, our weapon, and we've got our rape whistle,” Gabbard recalls. “It was an eye-opening experience to have to consider that fact when we're serving overseas in Iraq and…this is a risk or a danger that exists.”

On Capitol Hill, Gabbard, a freshman representative at age 32, says she sees a “great opportunity” to work with “the next generation of leaders being elected.”

She adds that there’s a “collective impatience” among younger members of Congress, and she has joined the United Solutions Caucus, a bipartisan caucus composed of mostly young, rising representatives.

“It's been relationship-building, but also very substantive to say, hey, in these issues of job creation, of healthcare, of reducing the deficit, we've got to be able to find areas that we can agree on,” Gabbard says of the caucus.

For more of the interview with Gabbard, and to hear why she says sexual assault is undermining the military’s values, check out this episode of Top Line.

ABC's Cindy Smith, John Parkinson, Eric Wray, Alexandra Dukakis, Betsy Klein and Dick Norling contributed to this episode.

Date: July 04, 2013 04:48AM

Thanks, Corboy. Let me add the information below to rain on Tulsi’s parade:
“Allison Morris
I'm not sure why Tulsi is pushing for reform. When she was a Company Commander, a complaint was made about a 1SG putting her hands on two Soldier's inner thighs and Tulsi buried her head in the sand. In fact, the 1SG in question is a friend of hers on facebook.”

[m.facebook.com]
“…This is what real vets think of Tulsi: ...Allison Morris • Waialua, Hawaii "I served under Tulsi in the Hawaii Army National Guard. She was the worst Conmmander I ever had. Full of nice words but no action. Soldiers approached her and informed her of various harassment issues and she turned her head and didn't do anything about them. We were unsure if she was incompetent or a coward, but she did nothing when the opportunity presented. She swept everything under the rug and catered to those who out ranked her. She is a master at saying the right things but has no action to back her words. I find it hard to believe that she cares about Hawaii and the issues that are out there. She cares about herself and that is it, what ever it takes for her to move forward, she will do."”
[www.huffingtonpost.com]
A big shake up reported in Civil Beat!!!
“As she looks out from the pages of the just-released July issue of Vogue magazine, the present looks golden for Tulsi Gabbard, Hawaii's freshest member of Congress.

But there are signs of a surprising shake-up in her cabinet.

Amy Asselbaye, Gabbard's chief of staff, is leaving, and Gabbard's deputy chief of staff Jennifer Goedke has already left the office in June.

After inquires from Civil Beat, Gabbard issued a statement saying that Asselbaye had helped her pass her first piece of legislation, the Helping Heroes Fly Act, as well as standing up on sexual assault in the military and eliminating the VA backlog.

Asselbaye said in a joint statement that Gabbard has "already proven herself to be an effective leader."

Deputy chief of staff Goedke left the office earlier this month, according to people close to Gabbard's office to whom Civil Beat granted anonymity to allow them to avoid damaging their relations.

Goedke did not return an email seeking comment. Other staff at Gabbard’s offices in Washington, D.C., and in Honolulu also declined to comment, and Gabbard did not return a call from Civil Beat on Tuesday.

The circumstances surrounding the departure of Gabbard's top aides were not immediately known. Were they fired? Did they quit? Is this a sign of disarray or is the congresswoman aiming for an upgrade? That all remains to be seen…”
[www.civilbeat.com]

Date: July 04, 2013 10:56AM

Flash here again to remark on the seriousness of the information I just posted regarding Tulsi Gabbard. Civil Beat has been “pro Tulsi” as long as I can remember and even censored any critical comments including mine and Dabcult’s. Now, however, they are reporting that not only is her chief of staff leaving, but also her deputy chief of staff. I’d call that a mutiny if both resigned, or a cover-up if they were fired. This news is amazing considering how little time she has been a congresswoman and I can only guess that the real reason has something to do with Chris Butler. Either her staff left in disgust after discovering the destructive cult, or they were fired in order to continue the conspiracy. That’s just my guess.

The other serious bit of information is Allison Morris asserting that Tulsi Gabbard did nothing about sexual abuse occurring in her unit. Allison seems to imply that a female First Sergeant made sexual advances to two female soldiers, all of them under Tulsi’s command. And, the apparent lesbian abuser is a “friend” of Tulsi Gabbard.

Amy Asselbaye, Gabbard's chief of staff, Gabbard's deputy chief of staff, Jennifer Goedke, and accuser Allison Morris are all out there in public view and might presumably be contacted via Facebook and interviewed. Maybe it would be “off the record”, but at least the media would have a perspective differing from the myth of Tulsi Gabbard. Do you think any journalist is up for this challenge?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.