Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: September 04, 2012 11:23AM

VitaminC
Except few Americans read India.com. So if you spill your beans in the forest and no one is there to see it, are the beans really spilled?

I'm not sure what century are you in? In Google Age, whether you're in Timbuktu or in New York, spilling beans online is indelible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: VitaminC ()
Date: September 04, 2012 03:27PM

dharmabum
VitaminC
Except few Americans read India.com. So if you spill your beans in the forest and no one is there to see it, are the beans really spilled?

I'm not sure what century are you in? In Google Age, whether you're in Timbuktu or in New York, spilling beans online is indelible.

Google is not like your TV. It does not just spit out information at you as you stare at your computer. You have to actively look for it. You have to type in search key words that bring up relevant pages. So unless Joe and Mary Voting-Homeowner go and search for it, they wont see it.

The average person online is too busy updating their Facebook, reading email, watching videos of cats on youtube or playing solitaire.

Whens the last time you googled to see if your car had a manufacturer's recall on a part? Its the same thing, if you dont know theres a problem, you wont go look for the solution.

The VAST majority of the public get their information from newspapers (and their websites) ,TV (and their websites), radio, Facebook, and news portals such as Yahoo!, CNN, NPR, etc.

Google is a PULL technology, meaning you need to PULL the information out of it. The others are PUSH technology, meaning they PUSH the information to you. Its effortless, you open the page and theres the info. People like effortless.

If you were to walk down the road and stop someone and ask them if they knew who Rick Ross or Chris Butler were, I would bet more than 90 out of 100 people asked would have no clue. This is the real battle we are facing. Educating people about who Chris Butler is, the damage he has done to people, and how to walk away from the cult that hes created.

And heres the kicker, in every India.com article that has her saying shes a Vaishnava, its stated that shes a disciple of Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa, not Chris Butler. The average American, reading that would say "oh, some new age guru guy from India" as opposed to "wow, its that crazy egomaniac cult leader from Hawaii."

The Butlerites are counting on the ignorance of the average American to be oblivious to other news sources that arent in their main stream. Theyre counting on people being too lazy to not be bothered to research. They know that if its out on the fringe of the American public's eye, they can get away with it not being seen and be able to say later "oh, well, there it is, it was public all along and it wasnt a problem then. Why is it a problem now?"

Hell, I read a lot of internet news sites and information sources and even for me, India.com is NOT on my regular reading list.

We need to educate the public more about who he is and what hes doing and what Tulsi's connection is with this man. There has to be a better way. Right now, I just dont know what it is.

Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: September 04, 2012 07:09PM

VitaminC
The VAST majority of the public get their information from newspapers (and their websites) ,TV (and their websites), radio, Facebook, and news portals such as Yahoo!, CNN, NPR, etc.

Now I'm getting where the frustration is coming from. I don't believe this forum or the world see this issue the same proportion you do. I'm not even sure if Chris Butler or the Science of Identity has that much influence on the world that exposing them warrant the coverage you mentioned. We're talking of apples and oranges here. Nope, that's not the proportion I would be willing to spend my time on about this cult. I would just like to be a witness to a very obscure yet significant ill in society, contribute my knowledge and hope the truth will work itself up to the small number of people that may be victimized or to the small number of victims themselves by Chris Butler's modus operandi. I just want the information here readily available to those seeking the Truth. Where that Truth will lead to, is really up to how the people view this problem. I'm not in the understanding that I'm fighting a pestilence here or witnessing the parting of the red sea kind of thing. I must be in the wrong forum then.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 04, 2012 11:00PM

To do a good search one has to be a bit like a detective.

Assume there might be trouble and select your search terms accordingly.

In sort, one has to have a state of mind that cults despise and try to train you out of

You need to think negatively - but in a wise manner.

(This is a valuable trait, contrary to what cults assert. Disaster response teams are trained to anticipate trouble, various disaster scenarios and train for trouble. When trouble hits, they know what to do and save lives.)

Vitamin C wrote

Google is not like your TV. It does not just spit out information at you as you stare at your computer. You have to actively look for it. You have to type in search key words that bring up relevant pages. So unless Joe and Mary Voting-Homeowner go and search for it, they wont see it.

Exactly. To do research one has to have the attitude of a private eye. One assumes that there is trouble somewhere.

One has to do the search assuming this is a group that wants to sell itself, like any other group. So..you wanna find out if anyone has already complained about it being a bad product.

Also, some groups will use strategies to ensure they land on the first page of the goodle results and that any bad reports generated by Google will be buried further back.

You have to type in search key words that bring up relevant pages

Yes, yes, yes. That means you have to have some knowledge sufficient to know what key words to use in your search strategy.

Otherwise Google will churn up a pile of stuff that has to be sorted through.

Lots of us dont have time to do that or do not know how.

And how many Americans imagine that a candidate for public office may be the daughter of a cult leader?

To add to complexity, some groups have been known to write reassuring material claiming to prove they are not cults.

So someone who types that name of a group and 'cult' into google might find the reassuring material that that group has written and conclude they're OK.

One has to look for everything.

One has to know to use terms such as these and use them in various combination.

son

daughter

concerns

financial transparency

financial

abuse

property records

real estate

real assets

real property

zip code

farm

labor law*

immigration

immigration fraud

settlement

court

judge

(* stands for "any character". So law* will get results for law or laws via a search)

CONTACT NANCY PELOSI
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: September 04, 2012 11:12PM

Re: CONTACT NANCY PELOSI
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 04, 2012 11:15PM

Vera City:

Be very careful about posting contact information.

Date: September 05, 2012 12:24AM

rrmoderator
Vera City:

These are links to the websites of public political figures.

Date: September 05, 2012 12:26AM

Vera City
rrmoderator
Vera City:

These are links to the websites of public political figures who may or may not want to know of Tulsi Gabbard's connection the the Cult of Butler since she was invited to speak at the Democratic Convention.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 12:28AM by Vera City.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 05, 2012 12:59AM

I'm not even sure if Chris Butler or the Science of Identity has that much influence on the world that exposing them warrant the coverage you mentioned.

Errr...a member of the Butler family is running for public office.

Thats potentially very influential.

Lets keep the focus on this.

Date: September 05, 2012 08:46AM

corboy

I'm not even sure if Chris Butler or the Science of Identity has that much influence on the world that exposing them warrant the coverage you mentioned.

Errr...a member of the Butler family is running for public office.

Thats potentially very influential.

Lets keep the focus on this.

She is not a member of the Butler family but grew up in the Butler cult to be more precise. She is the daughter of long time follower Mike Gabbard (Krishna Katha das) who is also a political figure in Hawaii. The public is not aware to what extent they have been connected to Butler, which in reality is quite extensive. Butler exerts incredible undue influence on the lives and decisions of his followers including what laws they want to promote. This was very ugly when Mike Gabbard went on his homophobic tyrades along with his daughter. They have both switched parties and platforms to get elected. Their protean changes are suspect in my opinion. Tulsi has publicly apologized to the gay/lesbian/bi/transgender community. She has been asked by Nancy Pelosi to speak with a group of other women politicians at the Democratic convention. Obama is seeking womens votes. Tulsi represents the pluralistic ideal for Obama. Mixed race and religion and female. Her rise has been at the behest of Butler and his followers. She owes them a lot. Emily's list and other progressive and liberal orgs that have endorsed her are not aware of the cults beliefs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.