Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: August 31, 2012 04:48AM

Excellent discourse Dharmabum, and thanks to Vera for also pointing out the main reason for the existance of this forum.
quote: "If we are to coax people to get out of the cult we have to set an example and not be the very reason they got into cults in the first place.... "

Compassion & understanding is needed and we will never stop looking for ways to help people stay away from this destructive cult.
You cannot hold back the Truth, as much as Butler would like to drown it.
My main concern, as Vera has also stated, is for those unfortunate souls yet to be born into this madness.
And truth be told, we have also tried to talk to other cultists and when one starts to explain to them the errors of Butler's 'Theocracy" and the illogical statements and pure psuedo-scientific nonsense he has spewed, ad nauseum, you can almost see the faint flicker of reason get quickly snuffed out.
Its painful to witness. So be it. If they wish to follow their wizened little mad emperor over the cliffs like loyal lemmings, so be it.
The real tragedy will always be those born into this slavery of Butler's world and the goodhearted people that Vera mentioned, who have been horrendously misled. This thread exists to help those that want help. You can leave, it is possible.

You will not experince spiritual suicide as Butler claims.
You will finally be free.
And this is the biggest truth, dear cultist. You & your eternal soul, do not need Butler.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: On the beach
Date: August 31, 2012 07:43AM

Vera City
For what it is worth, my contacts are with people who have left the cult two and three decades ago plus some ex kids who are now thirty something. I am sure much has changed while many things have remained the same. So my words are only IMHO (In My Humble Opinion).

Regarding the beach incident, first you would need to think of what would be viewed as a "medical procedure" that needed licensing and would alarm a medical doctor. One of my friends suggested acupuncture, as this was Butler's preferred mode of therapy.

Massages every night by male disciples, Chinese medicine, and acupuncture are historically what Butler used. He instructed one of his Brazilian disciples in the 1980's to get his acupuncture license. I believe his name was Rommel who married another follower on Butler's command. He did complete his studies. Butler wanted only initiated and trusted followers in his company and direct service. I do not know if this follower is still in Hawaii serving Butler...
Thank you for your suggestion of acupuncture as the mystery medical procedure; I would never have guessed acupuncture and my own guess would be an I. V. or transfusion. Chris Butler’s known acupuncturist, Romel A. Cordeiro, moved from Hawaii to Australia about seven years ago (2005?) with his massage therapist wife, Vanessa Cordeiro. He was licensed in the State of Hawaii at the time he was treating Butler, but his HI license (ACU-166) since expired in 2005. I don’t know why the couple left Hawaii, but their son, Nimai, apparently still lives here and works at DTE; he was a recent contributor to Tulsi Gabbard’s campaign. Speaking of contributions, Romel Cordeiro contributed to many of Chris Butler’s candidates including Wayne Nishiki, Rick Reed, and Mike Butler:
[www.newsmeat.com]

I can’t find any reference to a more recent acupuncturist treating the sick Jagad Guru. Thank you for the information about Chris Butler’s paranoia concerning modern health care. At his age, it is quite possible that he’s already a victim of cancer (prostate the most likely) and, like many drug-using baby boomers, might have an asymptomatic case of Hepatitis that could cause a fatal liver disease. His fears just might lead to his very painful death. Chris Butler is the youngest of Dr. Willis Butler’s four children, but he could be the first to die by shunning modern health care.

I doubt the doctor who reported this case will just let it go. The State of Hawaii can bring charges for unlicensed activity and do not need Chris Butler to file a complaint.

Two other things we have learned from this case: The police officers who responded were apparently unaware of Chris Butler’s political connections with no standing orders to leave him alone. Secondly, they were in the dark about Butler’s alleged use of armed body guards, otherwise they would have approached the property much more carefully.

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: August 31, 2012 07:52AM

Dear Vera and others
I am extremaly gratefull for this forum
without it ....I would have never found the informations I was looking for when I found some banners of TULSI just 6 months ago on a visit to Hawaii.
If people are new to this forum and looking for info ......they will have lots of pages to search
I will when time permit more of the essential info under one of the video that as nearly 2000 views so far .....
Still I had not one intelligent critict from BUTLER disciples .....just shorth insults like

in the last few days

"HENRY you are a DEMON "
"HENRY you are surely an homosexual"

Butler as not produce any Theologian capab;e of defending his faith that is for sure

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: August 31, 2012 09:01AM

merrittj1993 has made a comment on "MIKE GABBARD" "TULSI GABBARD" BRAINWASH BY THE JAGAD GURU SIDDHASWARUPANANDA PARAMAHAMSA CULT ?:

I think everything that you are saying is non-sense. No one forces you to chant. I chant I have a normal job, Cult means to worship something above everything else. Christians are in the cult of Christ. Buddhists are in the cult of Buddha. I worship Krsna and I have that right.

My awnser .............You sure have that right merrittji .....to be a devotee of Krishna
My point as a person that join the Hare Krishna mpovement in 1969 and knew swami bhaktivedanta as
much as anyone could know him .
1- Is that Chris Butler as twisted the theology of KC and turn his cult mostly in the worship of himself
as a pure representative of Krishna .....Swami Bhaktivedanta never gave his nail clippings to his disciples to eat ......read the RICK ROSS FORUM carefully and you will know why so many of his ex disciples
are trying to expose him as a fraud
Thanks
henry

Posted by: RestEasy ()
Date: August 31, 2012 08:34PM

dabcult and others posting here make claims that Jagad Guru is saying that he is the "lord or guru of the universe"

If that is his teachings, there must be evidence of it in his recordings or writings. I challenge any of you to provide evidence of that. If there is no evidence of it, then it is obviously not his teachings. These claims are total fabrications on the part of people who in my opinion are being deliberately manipulative to incite anger and hatred against Jagad Guru and his students.

Jagad guru's teachings are very clear on this matter. The following quotes are directly from his writings

Jagad Guru on The Meaning of Guru

Question: What is the meaning of the word “guru”?

Answer: The Sanskrit word “guru” means spiritual teacher; however it is also often used to refer to teachers of all kinds—be they teachers of music, ayurvedic medicine, cooking, etc.
“Guru” as an adjective means “heavy or weighty” as in “one who is heavy with spiritual knowledge and wisdom.” Additionally, “guru” means servant; “guru” does not mean master.
It’s very important to understand that an actual guru never sees himself as the dominator or master of anyone. He never teaches that he has become God, or realized he is God, or tries to take the place of God in people’s lives.

A guru is someone who is so filled with bhakti or love for the Supreme or Original Cause—and therefore love or compassion for all living beings who he understands are part and parcel of the Original Cause—that he sees himself as the servant of everyone and dedicates his life to helping everyone find true happiness.

Because he has realized the truth that happiness comes from rendering selfless service, he may accept the service of his students or disciples in order to teach them what he has learned from his own guru. This is his service. The important thing to understand is that a real guru finds his happiness in serving, not in being served.

And further

Jagad Guru on The meaning of Jagad Guru

Question: Could you tell us about yourself?

Jagad Guru: I am not very important. What’s important is what I teach.

Question: So if I come to know what you teach, then I’ll come to know you?

Jagad Guru: Yes, in the deepest sense. To truly know someone, you must know their heart and soul. What I have learned and understood from my gurus and yoga scripture is my heart and soul, and that is what I now try to pass on to others. So if you wish to truly know me—my heart and soul—then contemplate upon what I am teaching and apply it to your personal life. If you do this, you will actually be greatly benefited.

Question: Many people refer to you as Jagad Guru. How would you define that term?

Jagad Guru: Jagad Guru is a term that usually refers to a yoga teacher who has disciples in different parts of the world and who come from different cultures, races, religions, etc. Most importantly, it means that the teaching I’m passing down from our line of gurus is relevant to and can be applied by every single person in the world regardless of his or her race, nationality, ethnicity, age, religion, political affiliation, etc.

This is direct evidence of what Jagad Guru is actually teaching - where is your evidence from his writings and recordings to back up your claims?

Readers can make an independent analysis of what information is presented to draw their own conclusions

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 31, 2012 10:32PM

Friends, lets have an audit of Resteasy

One, that userhandle takes the form of an order.

Rest Easy

Two, click on the profile.

RE registered in February 28th but did not post until April 13 th, a month and a half later.

Here is the calendar for the two posts made by Resteasy.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Note that both posts address someone by name and come on strong, especially the first post which was bold large font, like screaming on paper.

(When doing what I call an audit, put an author's name into the search slot and select all dates--this message board is ten years old. Only the all dates function will cover the entire decade of this message board.

Flashlight on Roaches registered April 6th

-- and began posting one day later, April 7th.

When Flashlight posted on April 13, Resteasy made the first "shouting post in response to Flashlight.

Resteasy has made two posts.

One in April 13 in response to Flashlights first post and a second post just now August 31.

Post One by Resteasy was in all caps, large font--the equivalent of screaming on the printed page. Accuses Flashlight of dehumanizing people.

(Corboy note: Resteasy objected to Flashlightonroaches name. However, Resteasy was a registered member for six weeks and had posted nothing. Also had written nothing in response to Flashlights first 5 to 6 posts on the board. If Flashlights name was so dehumanizing, why didnt Resteasy speak up in reprimand the first time Flash appeared?

Instead this is what Resteasy seemed most interested in photographing license plate numbers and cried dehumanization in large caps to add some steam to what he or she was really frightened by==that this expensive and politically ambitious secretive family is FINALLY getting some outside scrutiny.

I was really disturbed by flashlight’s post. The main reason is because it appears to me to be an obvious attempt first to dehumanize people, and secondly, by posting the license plate numbers

Note that others appreciated the same post made by Flashlight on Roaches.

On the same page VoxVeritas replied.

Dear Rest Easy:
You know nothing of this insidious cult OR you are a cult member.
I for one was interested in seeing the places where these cult members are hiding.
This is why the US government should look into this so-called non profit organization.
How is this possible that they all live in a very rich area of Oahu?
Most of the inner circle do live there, what Flashlight did was confirm what all of us already know.
We also knew his posting would be taken down in a short while as it is against the forum rules to post addresses etc, but
Flashlight didn't know this.
This cult has harrased, this cult preaches hatred, this cult should not be operating with impunity under the radar and trying to get one of the cult leaders minion to gain a seat in Congress is just plain wrong. This forum exists to expose this evil cult and their narcissitic and insane leader.
All Chris Butler ever did was dehumanize people, especially those who slaved beneath him doing his every crazy bidding.

After this, RestEasty didnt make another post.

Until August 30th, months later.

This time Resteasy responds to one of our articulate members, dabcult.

dabcult and others posting here make claims that Jagad Guru is saying that he is the "lord or guru of the universe"

If that is his teachings, there must be evidence of it in his recordings or writings. I challenge any of you to provide evidence of that. If there is no evidence of it, then it is obviously not his teachings. These claims are total fabrications on the part of people who in my opinion are being deliberately manipulative to incite anger and hatred against Jagad Guru and his students.

Jagad guru's teachings are very clear on this matter. The following quotes are directly from his writings

All in all it seems Resteasy is quite familiar with Chris Butler's teachings.

And waited six weeks after registration to post a first item and posted that first item as a large font cyber equivalent of a shout.

And though insisting that Flashlight on Roaches name was in itself dehumanizing, waited until after Flash had made 5 or 6 posts under that name before Rest East spoke up about it.

The scrutiny directed toward the Butler clan seems to be the meat of the matter.

Date: August 31, 2012 10:41PM

Remember what Vox wrote:

we have also tried to talk to other cultists and when one starts to explain to them the errors of Butler's 'Theocracy" and the illogical statements and pure psuedo-scientific nonsense he has spewed, ad nauseum, you can almost see the faint flicker of reason get quickly snuffed out.

And just after dharmabum wisely made some posts that reminded this forum of what is important and should be focused on, back comes Rest Easy telling us to dig through sources to verify someone's alleged claim that Butler stated he was lord of the universe.

Rest Easy then prints a lengthy excerpt from Chris Butlers teachings.

If any devotees are reading this board and come to that long quotation from Chris Butler, they risk zoning out again, exactly the way Vox described.

Date: August 31, 2012 11:04PM

Instead of going on a wildgoose chase trough Butler's teachings, lets look at a post by Vox that deserves a re-print

In fact, if any of you remember especially informative posts from this vast thread, print them here where new readers can find them--like radio programs dedicating an afternoon to playing classics on request.

Flashlight, you are not wrong in what you are discovering by your investigation. This cult controls Tulsi, this cult controlls her father and tried to control Rick Reed during his run for senate.

I recall hearing how undercover investigations were ordered and orchestrated by Chris Butler to infiltrate known gathering spots of homosexuals who he calls DEMONIACS, for the express purpose of gathering material (videos, photos etc etc) to be used against them. We all knew this back in the 80's.

(and here was Rest Easy objecting Flashlight on Roaches information gathering. So..insnt it interesting that Butler was reportedly doing even more intrusive snooping at the expense of gays?)

Butlers homophobic message was loud and clear.

He preached hatred and intolerance and it wasn't just for the LGBT community.

He also had a special derogatory name for people who ate meat, it was posted here on this forum many pages back. In fact an incident did occur in which Butler was trying to discredit Sen. Inoye (the rival to his puppet, Rick Reed) in which a former hairdresser was illegally being recorded, causing this person much personal trauma when she later found out what this cult had done.

Flashlight- take the time to go thru this forum you will see many examples of this insidious cult at work.

Then copy some of these pages and mail them to those 9 donor you listed above. People deserve the right to know where they are sending their money to and what they are really supporting. It is not Tulsi- it is the insane ideas of Chris Butler and his ever-supportive minions who share his insane beliefs.

This has nothing to do with religion or spirituality. It has NOTHING to do with Vaishnavaism.

(So Rest Easy's advice to study the teachings of Butler will get you no where and probably give risk of re-triggering indoctrination if you once were a member Corboy)

This group exists to cater to the whims of a megalomaniacal leader. If you do more research into other Vaishnava groups you will see that Butler's group is considered a misguided splinter from Hinduism. In fact, Butler ordered his slaves not to read anything printed by ISKON past a certain date in the later 70's. The sheep in his group do not realize why they were told not to read these publications. It is because word of Butler's odd behaviors, misdeeds, and spiritual decay would have been located in these documents indicating that he was not a teacher in good standing with the Vaishnava community.
Butler claims he had the backing & approval of his teacher AC Baktivedanta PRABHUPAD. This was not true. When ACB found out that Butler was using hypnosis to curb his followers to his wishes, he was appalled:
[www.youtube.com]
What Hanuman Das says is gospel truth. Show this video to all those donors.

Another witness, the former personal doctor of Butler speaks about the misguided & harmful teachings of Butler:

[www.youtube.com]

Here is what Butler taught- he ridiculed everyone unless they were under his feet and under his dominion, and the rest of the sheep laughed along with him.

And then there were those times that he turned against them; many were the times that he would yell and curse his followers and condemn them, at one time even causing them to leave the compound or to wear paper bags over their heads because he dind't want to see them.

But then who would eat his toenails? Or get his mangos?

Their arrogance knows no bounds.
They are blind and deluded.

Jeanne (Janet) Bishop is actually aka Jamuna Dasi - please refer back to the earliest pages of this thread.

Patricia Compton aka Prema Dasi.

Richard Lowther aka Mamada Das.

John Bishop aka Jnana Das.

Donna Lay aka Krishna T Dasi and her husband Avaduta Das.

Then there is Rama Das. We all remember Rama Das. Rama, now is the time to start posting again.

The media is watching!

All these people had children and those children are now Tulsi's contemporaries.

And they are all devotees of Chris Butler. They are all in this cult.

The Harvey's in Sacramento have been the Sacramento Branch of this cult for several decades. T

hey have a so-called meditation center up there.

Sunset Studios was the name given to the video production service that Butler used for his propaganda machine.

This has all been documented on this thread.

If Tulsi wants to distance herself from this group she has to publically disavow Chris Butler. Then and only then can she be trusted.

If you disavow your "spiritual master" then you have taken on spiritual suicide, according to Butler.

If she really is against him now, she can easily do this. He will have no power over her.

But she hasn't, has she?

Instead she switch hits for both sides like her dad, first a Republican, then a Democrat. First she is not okay with same sex marriages, then she is okay?

Or is it the other way around? She is being controlled by a madman. It will be whatever he tells her it will be.

Date: August 31, 2012 11:13PM

Veracity September 06, 2008 05:53PM

In both ISKCON and with (Chris Butler)and his followers, the party line is that if you eat meat, this will affect your consciousness and degrade you to a point of not being able to understand anything spiritual

They believe that the cruelty involved in animal slaughter hardens your heart and by eating meat you are cut off from g0d.

But they are hypocrites because they are "hard hearted" towards meat eaters and have no compassion for them

People who eat meat are looked down on and considered evil, not worthy of association. It is dogmatism. They are intensely intolerant. A devotee woman will "not kiss the lips of a man who eats meat." They will not eat out of the same pots or utensils that meat has been cooked. I call them "veggie fascists".

There is nothing inherently wrong in being a vegetarian. That is not the issue.

The harm comes from the fanatical attitudes towards others. For example, their views created estrangements from family. CB cult members are taught that parents, siblings, grandparents who are meat eaters are incapable of understanding what they (followers) are doing, they can not ever advance spiritually unless they stop eating meat, are dangerous to associate with, and are lowly people who will drag you down. they are told that meat eaters are in the "mode of darkness and ignorance". This is just another form of mind control over followers. It has caused a lot of pain to so many families.

The children come home for a visit and a fight ensues over food!

But underneath, the fight is really about the wedge that the cult has created between family members. This is, IMO, the real spiritual crime; to destroy once loving family relationships because of the cults intolerance.

In general, seeing everything in black and white is a chief characteristic of cults and fanatical religions.

But the votes of us meat eaters are needed if Tulsi is to win the upcoming election.

Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: September 01, 2012 12:47AM

RestEasy, don't believe whatever materials given to you by the cult, especially the interviews. I was present in so many of those interviews and all of them were staged. Questions and answers seem to be the favourite format of Chris Butler and they go through so many editing before they get printed. Of course things said are a lot different than things done. Chris Butler is notorious for doing the opposite of what he preaches. He claims he is exempted from the rules, and whatever he does sometimes goes beyond human understanding as the usual excuse for all fake gurus. It's also not true that the title was given to him by his students as quoted by Tusta, I was there when he announced that he wanted to be called this title:

[
www.indiadivine.org]
The literal translation of "Jagad Guru" means "universal teacher," or "teacher of the whole world," as distinct from the teacher of a particular sect, religion, race or nationality. This title was given to him by perceptive students of the Truth, who perceived him to be a master amongst masters, a rare and very special teacher qualified not just to teach the followers of a particular country or religion, but a teacher for all mankind.

To make the long story short, Jagad Guru is a liar. He must have told you to check your heart if you want to find out if he's genuine, and verses from Srimad Bhagavatam to describe how to tell a genuine guru, which is a trick check. If you're one of those sincere Truth seekers you will unshackle yourself from all these traps and set yourself free. Do not waste your life serving masters, chances are there really is none. Instead use your God-given brain and common-sense to live your life fruitfully and spiritually. It's not too late brother/sister, we all went through the same phase and it's really hard to let go. But just like anyone will attest here, life after cult is way, way better and freer than living as a slave to dogma.

RestEasy, Just to add, at least you're still responding to criticism. Other followers I spoke with, as soon as I open my mouth about subjects that may touch on the dogma, the brain automatically shuts down and the face would just stare somewhere afar, avoiding contact. That is a dangerous stage, you're criticial faculty is still intact. Cults set invisible barriers from friends, families and people around that truly care. Foster good relationships with all human beings, become a student of compassion instead. I would beg you to give reason a chance. Take care.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2012 01:10AM by dharmabum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.