Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: October 03, 2011 03:23AM

corboy
Both the guards and inmates become lost in their roles.

Both the guru and the followers become lost in their roles…for years and decades.

corboy
And with our intelligence, we are social creatures. Anyone who would NOT be affected by the social undertow would have to be

*Someone with extensive training in social psychology and who knows in advance the full facts about this organization and possesses means to get out immediately and has friends on call to arrive and perform an 'extraction'

*Someone who has been through training programs designed to inculcate skills needed to identify, evade and resist indoctrination. To get that sort of training, you have to join the armed forces--and then make the cut for entry into and completion of training as a fighter pilot or Special Operations.

*Someone who cares so little about social cues that he or she is too disturbed to be capable of functioning in any social situation.

Scary. Hard to face these facts.
What are the recovery statistics, measurable data?
What are the proven best therapies and expected outcomes?
What variables predict positive outcomes or not?

Jay Cruise

When the girl at Dharma Farms talks about the criticising of all other religious paths or society (except worshipping Krishna with them) that's a very common theme. They say "This is what other people do, and this is what we do. Don't you agree we are so wonderful?" They present such idealistic values with pure motives which can be very seductive. A person can quickly become lost in the belief that this is the one true way to save themselves.
You nailed it. “Don’t you agree we are so wonderful.”, and if you don’t, you are argued AT until you get caught in the undertow.
(Someone wrote me, "They are really good people. They have spent so much time helping me. They just KNOW things. They have mystic powers. How can I not believe?")

If that does not succeed, then you are demonized.

I am also purchasing the book, “Prophetic Charisma” by Dr. Oakes.
Found the following on Amazon:

The Ultimate Anti-Guru List

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: October 03, 2011 03:30AM

OKAY RAMA, HOW ABOUT WRITING A GRAPHIC NOVEL ABOUT YOUR LIFE IN THE BUTLER CULT NOW!?
With your incredible art and writing talent, it could be a best seller. Just saying...

Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: October 04, 2011 11:21AM

In the end, what these people do is pure self-gratification. They know what they're doing - to feel good and look good for themselves, to satisfy their sentimentalism and romanticism. To feel spiritual security has nothing to do with God or Truth. All religious people feel the same. Chris Butler has given them this feeling of security and the excuse to exploit everything in the name of God. They think there is security, even though deep inside they know but ignore that everything is just a make believe. They will not open their eyes to the truth and inquire in their heart because of deep fear. Chis Butler's well being is their own well-being. They prop up Chris Butler for the game to go on. Without Butler the merry-go-round stops, and the pleasure they get from the game ceases and makes way to the true reality – how they let down others, how they exploit even their own children, how they have become so left off from society, for something, no one outside their group would even dare go near to. It's just plain strength in numbers. Thus the spiritual hypocrisy, false joy and arbitrary attitudes towards society they wouldn't admit they too are so attached to just like anybody else. And the feeling of security is overcame by loneliness, defeat and failure. I've been with these people for more than twenty years, and I would bet my neck, when left on their own - they are the saddest and most insecure people in the world. To let go is to spiral down the abysses of their lives. Their denial is their salvation, their fantastic reality is in the hand of the puppet master. They make me sick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2011 11:35AM by dharmabum.

Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: October 10, 2011 05:56PM

Elementary penguin
Singing Hare Krishna
Boy, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.

Posted by: atheist ()
Date: October 12, 2011 12:38PM

People may be aware that Tulsi Gabbard, currently a Honolulu City Councilwoman, is running for the U.S. House of Representatives in Hawaii Congressional District 2, which is Hawaii outside of most of Honolulu.

Tulsi is the daughter of long time Jagad Guru Chris Butler devotees Mike Gabbard, Krishna Katha das, and Carol Gabbard, Devahuti dasi.

Tulsi is running as a Democrat. Her major Democratic opponent, so far is former Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann. Mufi ran for governor of Hawaii in 2010, with backing from the religious right Mufi Hannemann & Religious Right Mufi Hannemann is a Morman.

Tulsi has a formidable and experienced opponent in Mufi Hannemann. In her run for Honolulu City Council, Tulsi was up against a well-meaning, but politically inexperienced opponent, Sesnita Moepono. Sesnita had no idea who she was up against and the cult backing that Tulsi Gabbard has.

Tulsi was endorsed by six construction trade unions in August 2011 Tulsi Endorsed by Six Trade Unions

I would be interested in knowing what Jagad Guru Chris Butler and the Science of Identity Foundation cult think of trade unions. I'm guessing that since being in a trade union has nothing to do with Krishna and there's no involvement with Jagad Guru, they would be against trade unions. On the other hand, I am certain that Butler and his cult are very interested in getting Tulsi Gabbard into higher office.

So far, Tulsi's little sister Vrindavan Gabbard has given Tulsi's campaign $5,000 Vrindavan Gabbard Campaign Contributions

Posted by: atheist ()
Date: October 12, 2011 12:54PM

Tulsi Gabbard now has a Wikipedia article of her own Tulsi Gabbard on Wikipedia

I don't see any hint in the article of Jagad Guru Chris Butler or the Science of Identity Foundation Cult.

But I find this line from the Tulsi Gabbard Wikipedia article very interesting: "Tulsi was homeschooled through high school, with the exception of two years spent at an all-girls missionary academy in the Philippines."

Very interesting wording: "all-girls missionary academy in the Philippines." The name of this school is not given. I'm betting that it is a Jagad Guru Chris Butler cult-run school.

Does anyone have any information about Tulsi's attendance at this school in the Philippines? Does anyone have any idea what the name of the school might be? If someone can point us to any proof that the school is affiliated with Butler and his cult, that would be great.

For her campaign, Tulsi will be reaching out to conservative Evangelical Christians for support. Attendance at a "missionary academy" will certainly go over well with this group.

Date: October 13, 2011 10:34AM

We all need to go into Wikipedia and insert some additional background information on her. People should know that Tulsi Gabbard is heavily affiliated with this cult and only obeys Chris Butler. Imagine the power he could have thru this particular puppet. I think you are allowed to go in and add to this Wikipedia page. Check it out. Tulsi Gabbard on Wikipedia
Thanks for the heads up Atheist!

Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: October 17, 2011 01:38AM

"all-girls missionary academy in the Philippines." The name of this school is not given. I'm betting that it is a Jagad Guru Chris Butler cult-run school.

The most diabolical move by the Haribols. I wonder what happened to Rama. He actually lived it, in the all-boys school. That's all they could do I guess. Not many recruits nowadays as compared to the 70s. I guess that's their only means to secure the cult's longevity. Poor children, they are deprived of proper education and social assimilation just because they were born into brain-dead parents. From what I gathered only those from hardcore parents like Tulsi that stay true to the philosophy. Children nowadays are well-informed and have broader knowledge base, even of their parents' beliefs. A cult like the Science of Identity whose belief system and leader are so flawed and indefensible, it's almost a miracle they are still surviving. Chris Butler is so good in avoiding public scrutiny and in inculcating to his followers his seductive persona (just like any cult leaders) and false sentimentalism to a fairy tale not even appreciated in India nowadays. My guess is, even with this diabolical move of involving the innocent to his hippie delusion, the days are numbered for this cult. As long as information about the cult exist, like on this site, people in the cult will be encouraged to question and investigate. They need not go through the pain and lies we all went through. Just like the tide, when it recedes, people will see who are swimming naked. My only hope for Tulsi is to save herself from the influence of the cult, and be a true public servant, otherwise she'll be laid bare naked during the ebb.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 17, 2011 02:43AM

(Glum)

If a leader has succeeded in accumulating enough property and liquid assets, that can greatly prolong the influence of a group.

Advertising can be purchased. Funds can be donated to election campaigns.

Money and real property--the Elixir of Longevity

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 17, 2011 03:03AM

Areas where a wealthy cult can prolong or extend its influence are through projects, PR events, and businesses catering to health and diet and--these days, especially, gourmet vegetarian or vegan restaurants and food items.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Yoga is another area. I long for the halcyon days of the mid nineties, back when the big fad was not yoga, but--kid you not, boxing, Spinning (powerbiking) and Pilates. At the gym I went to, there was a long waiting list for the Pilates classes--they were that popular.

Boxing, Pilates and Spinning were all great exercise, as is yoga. But unlike yoga, none of the three promised to make you a better person and did not promise any sort of spiritual uplift.

And unlike yoga, boxing, Pilates and Spinning, didnt spawn a nauseating materialistic fashionista scene, nor was Pilates a launching pad for a myriad of commericial gurus.

(Ha. If you did boxng or Spin classes, you'd stagger out of there smelling like a goat and sweating like a pig.)

In addition to yoga, there is another area where a group with a charismatic leader and a lot of accumulated wealth can make inroads.

These days anything linked with sustainability, gardening, farmers markets is an excellent and sneaky shit way for ambitious cranks to slip in and peddle their stuff.

Anyone getting involved in a venture like this should read fine print, find out who is actually sponsoring the venture they are interested in, and use Google. And when using Google, utilize search terms such as "cult" "concerns" "suspicions" "secretive" "claims"

Unless one uses search terms such as these, running a search using only the Google slot may elicit only those things a group wants you to read. You may not discover there is other stuff that a group might not want you to read.

Corboys warning: all this is to educate and free people from wasting time energy and money in dead end ventures. Life is short and we dont know how much time we have in this body and in this life. You dont want to waste your time and heart on someone who is greedy and sees you as an interchangeable object and who will throw you aside when you are no longer useful.

Anyone using this information to enslave other people will turn into a monster.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.