Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: emntk ()
Date: January 23, 2007 08:06PM

Siddhavarupananda stated in Sai Speaks that he was experienced in many forms of yoga. These yoga methods were (as research on several gurus shows) throughout Hawaii so he could easily make the claim of seasoned traveller of the spiritual realms - hatha yoga, raja yoga, kriya yoga, Nidra yoga, kundalini. He mentions meeting various Swami's and zennists.

According to Sai speaks he wrote Simple meditations in '1968' and together with Tejomayananda and Ma Devashakti Haiku Meditation centre was formed. This evolved into Krishna Yoga Community and it wasn't until a year and a half later that he began teaching Bhakti yoga.

That takes us up to at least late 1969 before he taught Bhakti yoga and Sai Speaks was printed in 1970. One of Sai's followers became a disciple of ACB in July 1970 and was running the temple in Laguna along with another Sai follower, Sivanivas, in 71.

Here is a summary on a few of the impersonalist gurus of whom Siddha would have easily been aware of prior to ACB:

Satya Sai Baba became a spectacle in the western media in 1960. Although he only left India once in his lifetime his books title "Satya
Sai Speaks" (uh huh!) had left India and by 1970 he had ten volumes.
He taught the mayavadi philosophy and Yoga sutras, particularly Raja yoga of course as a means of attaining samadhi.

In 1957 swami Vishnu Devananda left India and for the next few years travelled to various countries and many places in the US (including Hawaii) until his centres spread throughtout America. Also a mayavadi philosopher who was expert in yoga asanas he went about selling his books and setting up Sivananda Ashram's and yoga teacher training schools.

Tejomayananda who was instrumental in Sai's group, according to Sai Speaks, was a member of the Hawaiian Sivananda ashram.

Paramahansa Yogananda taught Kriya yoga (mentioned in Sai Speaks) and came to the US in the 1920's and opened many yoga centres across the US dedicated to the Science of Self-realisation. He passed away when Siddha was 4 years old but the organisation still exists today internationally.

Maharishi also left for the west in 1957 setting up yoga centres (including Hawaii). His method was TM (Transcendental Meditation) which is a form of mantra meditation designed to create an altered state of consciousness called cosmic intelligence. His brand of 'Deep Relaxation' a form of Nidra yoga is used to reach a state of 'yogic sleep' (trance-like state) where one is neither asleep nor awake. This state doesn't immediately dissipate even after a person's first experience and according to TM after many years an individual will attain to a permanent altered consciousness.

Dr. B. Ramamurti (an Indian neurosurgeon) stated in regard to prolonged meditation:

"There are areas of the brain, which are responsible for the sense of "I". We know that the feeling of aham (I) and mama (mine) is in the temporal lobes of the brain. When disease occurs in the temporal lobe of the brain, the concept of the "I" in the individual changes. Suddenly the person may not know who he is. He will ask "Who am I?" "

This is a rather technical subject so I will kindly request that Cara publish an article regarding nidra yoga ( which refered to as deep relaxation or psychic sleep) in her blog.

Vernon Howard also authored books in the mid-sixties on the subject of psychic sleep and awakening your cosmic intelligence titled - The "Mystic Path to Cosmic Power", and "The Power of Your Supermind."

I'll just post these links to advertisments regarding SOI's method of "Gauranga Breathing". I have given a description of my experience of this technique in a previous post. RKd has taught this method for years and states that after half an hour you feel like you've been asleep for many hours. Just like TM. This form of yoga is either in a sitting position or lying on your back while a speaker will tell you how to relax each body part, slowly control your breathing and not control your thoughts. This way your body becomes so relaxed that you feel seperate from your body and by not pushing away your thoughts and simply observing them come and go you detach yourself from your natural thoughts. Just like TM. Finally you are in an almost hypnotised state and asked to repeat the word - Gaur - ra - ang -ga on each exhale. While this is happening mystical music is played created by Siddha and Wai which is on a continuously looped tape. At the end you are feeling extremely relaxed and it takes a long while for the effects to wear off. Yes like RKd states you feel like you've just come out of a deep sleep.

Again I will ask Cara to elaborate on this as part of her research and writing.

All of the classes below are run by followers of Siddhaswarupananda.

[www.seekerwoman.com]

On this CD, Wai Lana talks you through two relaxation
techniques, [b:807241ce5e]Gauranga Breathing and Yoga Nidra[/b:807241ce5e], followed by a
restful meditation. These ancient techniques can relieve stress, anxiety, and depression. They will also help you overcome insomnia, enabling you to slip into deep and sound sleep.

[www.google.com]

FREE Mantra Meditation Classes. Gauranga Breathing, Japa Yoga, Kirtan, Readings from the ancient Vedas. Taught by Sankirtan Das—disciple of Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa in the line of the Brahma Sampradhaya. For information please call: 812-322-2180.

[www.veg.ca]
[www.harbourfrontcentre.com]

Canadian Meditation Centres (45 min, in the Studio Theatre)
Madhavendra will teach you a deeply relaxing and restorative form of breath meditation known as Gauranga breathing, followed by group meditation and a question and answer period.

Madhavendra of The Canadian School of Meditation

[www.theglebe.com.au]

7pm: Learn gauranga breathing and mantra meditation at Glebe Town Hall, St Johns Rd. Details: 9660 2152. Run by Australian School of Meditation in Glebe. (Glebe - Australian School of Meditation)

[www.bloomingfoods.org]

Gauranga Meditation Center: Free Mantra Meditation classes (Gauranga Breathing, Japa yoga, Kirtan), Bhagavad-Gita classes, Sunday Vegetarian Dinner & Kirtan, video presentation of Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa.

[www.wailana.com]

—NAPRA ReView, September/October 2002

As part of a trilogy, Rest and Relax introduces two specific relaxation techniques. "Free Your Mind" familiarizes us with gauranga breathing, which calms the mind as you chant "gau-ra-an-ga" with each inhalation and exhalation. A challenge at first, this is a powerful, visceral experience. "Relax Your Body" utilizes yoga nidra to effectively relax the body from the toes up. Track 3, "Soothe the Soul," calls upon gauranga and invites the soul into the complete state of relaxation already realized by the mind and body. Hypnotic musical strains accompany these three tracks and move the practitioner seamlessly through the sessions. Also in the trilogy: Yoga Music of the Heart and Yoga Sound™.

Gauranga Breathing works.

—Naomi DeBruyn, linearReflections, August 2002

Rest and Relax is the third disc in this boxed set, and features Wai Lana doing a guided meditation, actually talking the listener through two different relaxation techniques—Gauranga Breathing and Yoga Nidra. I found this to be the most entrancing and enjoyable disc of the set, and if you actually do the guided exercises, you will find yourself completely relaxed. The objective is a goal that is reached in this case.

[wholeexpo.com]

Short talk on the real meaning of meditation and yoga- Gauranga Breathing, Japa Yoga, and Kirtan.. Sankirtan das... is a disciple of Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa.

[www.csus.edu]

[www.esatclear.ie]

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: January 23, 2007 09:27PM

[b:011a14af7e]Tremendous research em![/b:011a14af7e]

CB also mentions on one of his tapes BF Skinner -- look him up. I am sure CB was studying mind control techniques in the mid 70's as many of his talks (not recorded) were about 'de-programing' people away from cults. He hated one guy called "Black Lightning" (if I recall the name correctly). RR is probably more familiar with the history of deprogramming.

CB schooled himself in these techniques and probably consciously started to employ them in the early 80's, after the great exodus of a lot of talented people. It seems that all these 'meditation' techniques he learned at a young age are also being used again in conjuction with sophisticated mind control techniques. Gore---ahhhhhn---gahhhh breathing indeed! What a joke!!!

It is my opinion (and open to be proven wrong) that CB was a born attention whore with charisma, but the more negative behaviors evolved over time. From "Barbara" you get the feeling, no matter how much Willis Butler tried to paint a nice picture, that Chris grew up with an alcoholic mother, adulterous parents, and a contolling father. This coupled with a psychotic break due to LSD created the man we know as CB.

Both his parents seemed to overcome many of their more negative aspects and truly tried to do good in the world, for the world in spite of their flaws. Chris on the other hand....

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: January 23, 2007 10:03PM

Australian School of Meditation has nothing to hide :roll:

After I published my article on police corruption they have either blocked me or made the newsletter limited access (can't go wrong preaching to the choir)

This was the link - www.a-gradesanding.com.au/gauranganews

That is two websites that I have killed for them :twisted:

I have them all saved anyway and I have quite a collection of newsletters including every single copy of Life Force News which they used to put out in Australia during the late nineties (the newlestter, not the magazine from Poland) Siddha doesn't have that many teachings anyway so I have probably got them all by now.

Life Force News was a very interesting read- aside from the poetry by Siddha the recurrent theme was an extremely negative world view, every issue jam packed with what is wrong with the world and how it is only to be expected that you are so miserable that your only hope is to up and join a cult. They even had a regular feature page of a devotees take on the current news - focussing mainly on shocking crimes. The bio of Siddha was different then - he actually openly claimed to be in direct discipic succession on the Guadiya Sampradaya line. Books were openly offerred for sale - they even had advertisements for them, and there were five centres listed in Australia. Now there are only two that are openly ASM and several covert operations in Logan University, disciples homes and calling themselves meditation classes in public venues.

Lots of interesting stuff to post - my new scanner was so worth it :D

Freeatlast I hope that you are doing ok being the most recent escapee.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: January 23, 2007 10:15PM

zelig
It seems that all these 'meditation' techniques he learned at a young age are also being used again in conjuction with sophisticated mind control techniques. Gore---ahhhhhn---gahhhh breathing indeed! What a joke!!!

Ash and I had a long discussion about Gauranga breathing while she was doing this research and whether or not Siddha invented it. I was honestly under the impression that there was a basis for it in KC, although I will admit I have no idea what it is. I have been to three different temples (one was Buddhist though)and not seen it practiced or mentioned.

I know that when she googled it that all the links that came up strangely were related to SOI with only a few being indistinct. Some of the indistinct knowing disciples names and locations she was able to link to SOI.

Since finding out about his invention of 'Jaya Yoga' certainly nothing would suprise us. Maybe Z or anyone else has some insight into this?? If it is a SOI exclusive or uncommon practice it would certainly make them easier to expose and a lot easier to trace.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: January 23, 2007 11:53PM

Gaudiya
One of the original eleven ISKCON gurus after Prabhupada - "Jayatirtha" the Guru in London - started taking LSD and other drugs and sleeping with women disciples in the early 1980's. One of Jayatirtha's disciples became outraged and he cut of Jayatirtha's head with a samurai sword. The British police never found the head. The killer has now been released from jail. This is how karma works for false gurus.

I left Siddha in the 1970's and I've found what I was searching for - spiritual happiness (not bliss, but I'm on the way to that and I feel OK about life). For me, Siddha and his group are a dim memory from the past.

I find the discussions going on here interesting. But I have no intention of giving up my day time job and starting a new career as a Ghost-Buster.

Depending on who you get information from all of the eleven who are dead died as a result of their bad karma. It doesn't really explain the ones that are still alive and it could be considered a little fanciful. People tripping on LSD tend to do weird things like that. It is commonly said that Tamal Krishna was killed in a 'freak car accident' when his head went through the windshield of the taxi he was travelling in. I don't know the details maybe it was weird, but there is nothing particularly unusual about people in car accidents getting propelled through windscreens. If he was trampled by a rogue herd of elephants in the centre of New York I would say that this would qualify as being deemed a freak accident and a clear sign of divine intervention.

I would never and didn't sugguest that anyone give up their job to do anything, I simply wondered why the condemnation from bhaktas. Everyone has their own relationship with the divine - why is mine perceived to be fradulent, exaggerrated or irrelevant? I am not a Ghost-Buster btw, although I do like the graphic on my site inspired by the logo, it is just a bit of humor.

I'm not sure what you mean by career either. I am too sick to work that is why I have time on my hands. As most people who know me know I actually spend most of my time with doctors or asleep. I am not out to make any money so I would not call what I do the beginnings of a career. I am not spiritually unhappy either although this has been alledged against me many times how could I be unhappy when I am so immersed, overwhelmed even with service? I am a servant of Narasinghadev, always have been which was not accepted by Siddha's crew either. If you want to know why I say this, I will not bore everyone here or stray too far from the topic I would be happy to fill you in. Seems to me that noone likes to worship Narasingadev much. In SOI I heard they forgot his last appearance day and on retreat they made him sit on the floor in a cheap frame with no flowers. In my own house he was in the kitchen and not in the altar room. He is not in the Sydney ISKCON temple even for sale. They have lots of Hanumans and Ganeshas though, probably because they have a mostly Indian congregation.

Interestingly from the perspective of discussing deviation from spiritual traditions in cults the Narasingha prayers were not introduced in ISKCON until ACB had a heart attack and sensed the end of his life was getting nearer and decided to evoke them. There are a couple of stories of him saying he prayed to Narasingha one was when he asked him to kill the guy they bought the temple land from in New Zealand. I suspect that in SOI Narasingha does not get to be on the wall because he does not look like a human form and would likely prompt people to ask questions. Everyone always seemed to like the picture of baby Krishna eventhough they mostly had no idea who they were looking at. Also interesting to me was that the only other person I knew in SOI who was attracted to Narasingha bailed not long after me.

Anyone with an interest or belief can draw their own conclusions about what the aversion to Narasingha means, I know what my own are.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Gaudiya ()
Date: January 24, 2007 12:58AM

Dear Moderator,

This message is for you. It's not for public display.

You put a note on the last post I made saying. You said: [moderator note: don't use the board to promote beliefs]

Fair enough. It is your web site and you have a right to make up your own rules.

However....

You also removed the link to web site[...]where people can read authentic translations of the writings of Vaishnava saints. When you say, [moderator note: don't use the board to promote beliefs], what are you saying? That you are against anyone having any beliefs whatsoever? On the page I put a link to texts written by a vast range of saints and sages including Buddha, Confucius, Lao Tzu and Sri Chaitanya. It wasn't a "sectarian" site but rather a scholars presentation of Asian religious texts.

On your web site I have seen a lot of negative information about my religion, Vaishnavism. And you have a rule, "don't use the board to promote beliefs". Are you against all "beliefs" or just against promoting Vaishnav beliefs?

I have noted that you have a rather sympathetic attitude towards the Judeo-Christian tradition. Are you opposed to Asian religious traditions in general?

From my perspective, the Judeo-Christian tradition is hardly something you would want children to be exposed to. I'm sure you have read the book of Deuteronomy in the Bible. I might contend that the Jewish faith is evil, since Judaism accepts the lunatic ravings in Deuteronomy as "God's instructions to mankind". From my perspective, the genocidal Hebrews were even worse than Osama bin Laden and his gang. I believe in a loving God and I utterly rejected the Judeo-Christian tradition before I came in contact with Buddhism and Vaishnavism. After coming in contact with Vaishnavism I was amazed to find that there are living Vaishnava saints in the world. Is it harmful for me to mention that such saints exist in the world right now? Today?

My Guru is a living saint[...]His ashram has 50 centres around the world that were opened since the early 1980's. It is not a "new" religion either - the main temple at Bamanpara has been a place of worship for over 450 years by successive generations of Srila Govinda Maharaj's family. The temple is called Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math. Search for the name of Srila Govinda Maharaj or Chaitanya Saraswat Math on Google or on your own cult site and see if you can find any information about scandals, exploitation or sex abuse. You won't find any. Ask Nori Munster if you think our ashram is a cult. I haven't corresponded with her for five years but in the past she was very sympathetic to the Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math mission.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and maybe you are not anti-Hindu (unlike ISKCON, we are considered to be a Hindu community. And by the way, the first European devotee of Krishna were Greeks who came to India with Alexander the Great - see [en.wikipedia.org]. That is, white or European people have been converting to Vaishnavims since the time of the ancient Greeks.)

In summary, it annoys me that on your site you allow anyone to post anything at all that is negative about "Krishna" while at the same time blocking people from saying anything positive.

This will be the last posting I ever make to your site. My Guru once said to me, "don't be a drain inspector", and I do find your site to be something like a sewer).

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: emntk ()
Date: January 24, 2007 11:43AM

This is how karma works for false gurus.

Ah Gaudiya, it has been said that Bhaktisiddhanta was given poison and locked in a room. So by your own logic he is another false guru.

Bhaktivedanta was poisoned over many months and treated very badly so he is a false guru and this is their karma.

I find it strange when devotees (ACB down) claim that another person is such a great devotee it is due to their putting up with hardship, being cruel, foolish or criminal. Uncommonly a person is a great devotee due to being a decent person.

ACB apparently prayed for the death of a man and he died, so he is such a great devotee for being so cruel yet having faith in Krishna. The guy offered to hold chants in his house and the deities were set up and then he changed his mind and wanted them to get out. I find it strange also that by the guy dying it meant that they could continue having chants and dieties at his house.

Siddha asked ACB to accept a massage with sandlewood oil. Siddha insisted and ACB got sick. He is such a great devotee for accepting this oil even though he knew it would make him sick.

ACB was poisoned and he is such a great devotee for letting his devotees poison him over so many months as he could have left his body at any time.

Siddha is such a great devotee for isolating himself in Hawaii as he is accepting the karma of his disciples.

Siddha is such a great devotee for being an angry, intolerable grouch as he puts up with his disciples and takes time to chastise them. I heard a lecture where Siddha claims that it is the guru's job to chatstise his disciples even if he cannot find a fault with them. In this way he is teaching them to be surrendered. Regardless of whether they are surrendered already?? He is such a great devotee. If the disciple finds that the guru is incorrect or engaged in contradictory behaviors he should not correct the guru. In this way they are such a bad devotee and have argued their way to hell even if they are correct. (This is really what the lecture was about)

Siddha is such a great devotee for allowing his disciples to call him Srila Prabhupada and we are such bad devotees when he says not to call him that.

One devotee was in jail and had no access to beads or books and he missed Krishna and guru so much so he was such a great devotee. Why was he in jail in the first place? Of course this is irrelevant.

ACB was such a great devotee for yelling at his disciples or students for asking stupid or even well reasoned questions who had no material value yet was so polite and kind to those who had money or other valuable assests who asked similar questions.

What a great devotee!

You are such a great devotee Gaudiya for pointing out that we are 'ghost busters' and have no faith that Krishna will chop Siddha's head off without our help and we are such bad devotees for trying to expose a false guru who has hurt so many people's lives without concern.

What bad devotees we are.

I'm going to go stand in the corner now until I learn my lesson.

These comments are some of the many I have read made by people about their guru or others.

Rarely does a person consider another a great devotee for a logical reasons. My suggestion is that this reasoning is used to explain ineplicable behaviors.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Gaudiya ()
Date: January 24, 2007 12:42PM

emntk
You are such a great devotee Gaudiya for pointing out that we are 'ghost busters' and have no faith that Krishna will chop Siddha's head off without our help and we are such bad devotees for trying to expose a false guru who has hurt so many people's lives without concern.

What bad devotees we are.

I never said that any of you should stop working to see that Siddha is exposed for the horrendous things he has done. I only said that I wasn't going to devote MY TIME to Ghost Busting.

I consider Siddha to be a psychic vampire feeding on the innocence of his foolish followers.

And in regard to Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura, I've never heard anyone ever say that he was poisoned or locked in a room by any people. Those things have been said about ACB but not Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura.

ACB spent less than 24 hours in the direct physical presence of Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura. But the claim is made by some people that he was THE SUCCESSOR of Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura. Similarly, Siddha claims to be THE SUCCESSOR of ACB. Believe that if you like, but I don't buy it. I never did - even when I was with Siddha.

My own Guru spent more than ten years living with Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura in the capacity of a personal assistant - he was with him night and day. My Guru was the person who buried Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura. My Guru put the rock-salt around Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura's body and wrote the samadhi-mantras on his body, then covered him up with earth.

I don't know what sources you have for your stories about Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura and his philosophy but I have my source.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 24, 2007 09:27PM

Gaudiya:

Whose "foolish"--sounds like you went from one guru to another.

Please don't attempt to use this forum to promote your new guru.

Note: I also have cleared a recent post from Gaudiya to demonstrate what kind of "troll" he is, despite his intent to keep it from others viewing this thread.

Gaudiya has been banned from this message board.

FYI--Wikipedia is not a reliable source for informaiton. Note the disclaimers posted at the Web site regarding its entries.

Interestingly, some groups that are bible-based and included within the Ross Institute database often claim that those who criticize them are "against the bible," or "anti-Christian."

Gaudiya seems do the same, claiming that those who say things he doesn't might be somehow "anti-hindu."

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: January 24, 2007 11:07PM

I note that David Koresh (of the Branch Davidians) claimed to be Jesus who had come back to Earth - but this time instead of living a life of austerity, he was living a life just the opposite - of debauchery... :?

The parallel with J. Guru is that he is supposedly acting according to "time and place" which conveniently enables him to live a life of luxury instead of austerity. And while claiming to be the only real follower of Jesus Christ, remember what happened to the rich man who asked Jesus, "What must I do?" and Jesus told him to give all his possessions to the poor and leave his very opulent home to become a follower of Jesus.

The most amazing thing is that David Koresh had a group of followers who fell for this crap... grown people who were handing over their teenage daughters to Koresh to become "brides of Christ." :?

Another amazing thing is that J. Guru claims to be the greatest follower of Jesus but is ignoring these basic teachings of Jesus. :?

:!:

:D What did Siddha say as the slaves were lining his new mansion with tin-foil?

[b:78a5c5a214]FOILED AGAIN![/b:78a5c5a214]

:lol:

:arrow: Lining six thousand square feet of living space with aluminum foil must be extremely costly!

:arrow: Note that George Bush is losing popularity in the USA - down to 33% - the majority of the populaton are [b:78a5c5a214]not[/b:78a5c5a214] supporting his war in Iraq any more. I wonder what J. Guru thinks of Hillary Clinton? she wants to put a stop to the war! :lol:

The Germans killed the Jews
The Jews killed the Arabs
The Arabs killed the hostages
- It's no wonder the monkey is confused!

Roger Waters ([i:78a5c5a214]Amused to Death[/i:78a5c5a214])[/size:78a5c5a214]

:D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.