Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: Jay Cruise ()
Date: March 07, 2009 03:45AM

Labelling aside.

My opinion is that they are a cult yes. As such I was trying to present a case of fraud perpetrated by this cult. But at this stage I'm not convinced this has been acheived.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 07, 2009 04:33AM

Jason Cruise:

Thank you for clarifying your position and intent.

Date: March 08, 2009 05:25AM

Since Antartic doesn't seem to be available for comment, they are a member of SIF as stated on page 147:

"As one who has been and is presently a student and disciple of Chris Butler for over 20 years, let me state here for the record that the vast majority of the stuff posted here about Chris is complete nonsense."

This person, who stresses the importance of verifying of facts, doesn't seem to mind illegal impersonations of individuals.

Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: March 09, 2009 05:44AM

It's funny how this big shot who claims to be God's dearest friend on Earth is resorting to legal action to crash an obviously disturbed girl. If that's the case, he's just as flesh and blood as you and I, and without the mighty green bucks he claims he's so detached from, he's not that so dear to the almighty after all, as previously believed. Why, oh why he made fun of lawyers in the past called them greedy materialists and all sort of unsavory names, then sought restitution from. Not that I don't understand - all he needs is to drop these fantastic claims, free all his conned slaves and admit that he's just a plain businessman, as any businessmen could be. He made millions from his woo-hoo enterprise, shouldn't that be enough? The quarrel is all about his claims, that are obviously not, and the damage it causes to children and families; otherwise, those in the know will just leave him alone.

Date: March 09, 2009 02:45PM

Dharmabum: If you think that fantastic claims are all that Butler is guilty of, you've clearly not been paying attention.

SIF needed to invent their critics mental state, not dissimilar to Scientology's tactics. So why didn't they use your evidence considering it's so "obvious"?

Their propaganda machine is missing a few nuts and bolts. Or maybe it has too many.

Posted by: stephanie ()
Date: March 10, 2009 04:31AM

I am very sorry to see the websites created by Cara James gone. The satire, the cartoons, the games - ROTFL. I'd a brief albeit traumatic encounter with this group many years ago and the humor, especially of the chriskcon page, was healing and liberating.
I can understand how SoI is scared of this material. People can acknowledge making mistakes, but to see that one was, or is, a part of something ridiculous, that really hurts. I hope she is well and the First Amendment protects her.

Date: March 10, 2009 07:15AM

I remember this propaganda painting from "Bhagavad-Gita: As It Is" by SIF's grandfather guru Bhaktivedanta scami:

The devotees are seen in the background with serene, warm and inviting demeanors, while non-devotees (demons) are suspicious, pissed-off, coarse-looking, etc.

asitis.com/gallery/plate39.html

The corresponding purport to this painting:

The demoniac mentality is described here. The demons lust is never satiated. They will go on increasing and increasing their insatiable desires for material enjoyment. Although they are always full of anxieties on account of accepting nonpermanent things, they still continue to engage in such activities out of illusion. They have no knowledge and cannot tell that they are heading the wrong way. Accepting nonpermanent things, such demoniac people create their own God, create their own hymns and chant accordingly. The result is that they become more and more attracted to two things--sex enjoyment and accumulation of material wealth. The word asuci-vratah, unclean vow, is very significant in this connection. Such demoniac people are only attracted by wine, women, gambling and meat-eating; those are their asuci, unclean habits. Induced by pride and false prestige, they create some principles of religion which are not approved by the Vedic injunctions. Although such demoniac people are most abominable in the world, still, by artificial means the world creates a false honor for them. Although they are gliding toward hell, they consider themselves very much advanced.

Date: March 11, 2009 03:28AM

This is who's gonna git ya! The Yamadutas.

Otherwise the blue dudes on the left take you.

If this image bothers anyone SIF has magic anti-yamaduta necklaces for sale. Five to ten bucks. And no I am not kidding.

srimadbhagavatam.org/images/pictures/picturesc6.html

Date: March 11, 2009 04:28PM

More SIF propaganda:

This painting depicts punishments in hell for those who break the four regulative principles: sex, eating meat, drinking intoxicants and gambling.

srimadbhagavatam.org/canto5/chapter26.html

Date: March 11, 2009 11:37PM

The images didn't show up. I'm guessing the site doesn't allow it. Click the link to the site instead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is not that the woman do not like rape... Outwardly they show some displeasure, but inwardly they do not." A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami, Morning Walk May 11, 1975

"So if the wife is not submissive, then, of course, this always increases the chance that she is going to get physically banged." Chris Butler Siddhaswarupananda, Letter to Chaitanya Mission

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.