Re: Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: SoI Kills ()
Date: June 12, 2008 05:42AM

Again ok Vera City you are a liar you make accusations and have no way to back them up.

Period.

What happened to the once banned always banned rule Rick?

Just as a final word to Zelig and friends when I mentioned I backtracked the image I went into the account which Mr Make Information as widely as possible on the internet has since locked and copied all the files there. There were 164 images in all although some of them were doubles. At least you eventually proved to be good for something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2008 05:55AM by SoI Kills.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: self promotion
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: June 12, 2008 07:00AM

and again...

SOI KILLS- I am here posting primary historical documents. People reading these documents really have no choice but to conclude that it is a dangerous cult. Period. End of story. It's self evident. Everyone else, including you, have a place here to fill in whatever opinions or memories they want. You come here to promote your websites and your points of view. You consider yourself an expert. Not everyone has to agree with you, especially when they conflict with what we experienced. There are many details on your website which are inaccurate. But it is a moot point. Most of the differences are not important. The general picture is spot on. The bottom line is letting people know about the cult in as many forms on the web as possible. I am posting proof. People can make up their own minds. You can editorialize all you want. But please do not bully the participants on this forum. A lot of the people here have suffered enough harshness in a cult...don't make it worse. You do not have proprietary rights on exposing this or any other cult. Please play nice here.

rrmoderator
Vera City:

Thanks for those words.

Let's all stick to those guidelines.

No one should be bullying or name calling here.

Let's try to get along without getting nasty despite disagreements.

Date: June 12, 2008 07:06AM

Googster, this one's for you!

The 70's were a great time for guru fashions.
Note the flowing Sanscrit fabrics to make any one look holy! Of course the lei accessories top the look off!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2008 07:12AM by Vera City.

Posted by: SoI Kills ()
Date: June 12, 2008 02:46PM

Vera, the Valley Isle was started in 1977 during the Independents for Godly Government project. It would make sense that the papers were started to promote the IGG candidates while covertly being the same cult running them. The Valley Isle was sued by Lehau in 1978 and according to Rick Reed's eulogy on mikegabbard.info he met marsland in 1979 while still running the Valley Isle. He and Marsland had a common enemy.

[www.maui-lahaina-sun.com]
[www.kycbs.net]
See for yourself

Since you speak with the exact same manner as Zeligs, you have stated that you were there for IGG and you have the brochures. Now why would you get this fact wrong, stating that the paper folded in the mid 70s. Is this just a failing of your memory?

These failings of memory and your facts not matching up is part of the reason for your falling out on this forum in the first place. You can write fraud on Butler's picture all day but it will still be viewed as suspicious. How would anyone consider any of your experiences to be valid while there are these falsehoods in your statements,, like that there was no chanting at the schools? You posted a document proving your own statement was a lie.

I know you're posting documents, you've explained that several times already, but really what's the deal with your stories?

Date: June 12, 2008 11:43PM

SOI KILLS-

Why make trouble where none exists!?

Your links do not support your statements. One link has nothing to do with either the Valley Isle nor the Garden Isle newspapers. The other link only has a passing reference to VI's "Godfather" article about Larry Mehau. FYI - mid seventies can be anywhere between 1973 to 1978. Both the Valley Isle and the Garden Isle started PRIOR to the Independents for Godly Government (IGG) campaigns and were in full swing during the IGG campaigns, supporting their platforms. Those papers folded after the IGG campaigns and the crew that published the papers moved to Honolulu to work on other projects. There have been many other political campaigns of CB's followers since, both in the Democratic and Republican parties.

I am not Zelig. I write like Zelig? I'll take that as a compliment.

You have come on this forum only to be rude, insulting, and aggressive, calling people names, and trying to pick fights. The only one suspicious here is you.
Go troll some place else if disruption is your purpose.

This is my last response to you unless you can play nice on this forum.

Anyway, this is a good transition to the next documents about the Independents for Godly Government.
The followers who criss-crossed the islands going door to door, who stood in front of shops and grocery stores to pass out these flyers naively thought they were making the world a better place. Even today, most people would agree with the IGG platform. You can also see how it neatly fit into the right wing Christian agenda and how the anti-homosexual stance of CB's followers evolved. Never underestimate the power of "monkey see, monkey do".

Crews involved in campaigning door to door walked all day and part of the evening with only a small, vegetarian lunch. The mornings began very early before the sun came up for a communal chant in a beach park, a breakfast of yogurt, fruit, and some carbo. Bags were packed with flyers and people were driven to different neighborhoods, working in pairs. Dassi wrote me that CB complained that she looked too much like a hippie and had to go to a thrift store to buy an awful pink, straight looking dress. People lived in communal houses or apartments (men and women separate) sleeping on floors and came home exhausted to a quick dinner, then crashed. In the quest to be un-ISKCON, this sure looks like the same, old "sankirtan" scenario.

IGG was definitely a party run by cult leader CB and peopled by cult members. They also produced their own television spots. CB brainstormed and directed all the advertising. CB had all the free labor he needed. I have no idea how he financed the whole affair. Most were in the illusion that it was financed by the many businesses he was behind world wide. Possible, I suppose with all the free labor willing to do anything for what they believed was a messiah. Some have suggested that his empire is run by drug money. Certainly possible. There were also wealthy donors.

Date: June 12, 2008 11:48PM

IGG Platform
Date: June 13, 2008 12:13AM

In reading these documents you can understand how a group of mostly 20-something people coming out of the 60's (Kennedy and MLK assassinations, Vietnam, etc.) would really buy into this. Here was this hip, charismatic, bold leader with the toothpaste smile from their own generation who seemed to have all the answers. He had made it spiritually. The guy went up the mountain and came down to help us all get there too. The message was appealing. The reality behind it was not. The memos that follow will show what a rip off the phony master really was. All this was the cover up, and incense scented smoke screen for a mentally disturbed and petulant child hell bent on getting his own needs met in a very unique fashion. Guruhood is a very lucrative business.

Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: June 13, 2008 12:40AM

Hey, Vera, thanks for posting the godly government brochure... I don't think I have ever seen these before ... CLASSIC!

"Godly leaders are not showing the way to austerity but are living luxuriously..."

hahahahahahahah :) CLASSIC!

And thanks for the pic ... dig that hip clothing...!

:)

Date: June 13, 2008 02:06AM

just-googling
Hey, Vera, thanks for posting the godly government brochure... I don't think I have ever seen these before ... CLASSIC!

"Godly leaders are not showing the way to austerity but are living luxuriously..."

hahahahahahahah :) CLASSIC!

And thanks for the pic ... dig that hip clothing...!

:)

Oh yeah, you can go down the IGG brochures line by line (all written by CB) and compare the ideals to the reality!
He has become exactly what he puts down!
You know, they say you become what you focus on -- in this case it is true.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 13, 2008 03:13AM

SoI Kills and Vera City:

Please stop flaming each other.

Flaming is against the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.