Re: Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: March 16, 2008 04:51AM

I just made it all up. The message and the parallelism is that you are responsible for choosing your leader. I've no sympathy for the American people for bringing George Bush to the world as well as for the SoI members for following a twit. Hokey?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: March 19, 2008 02:31AM

quotesman
That is the problem with politics.. a real politician will go with the tide. Now that the war is becoming so unpopular Krishna Katha das might change his attitude externally and do a different dance in order to keep his popularity. It has nothing to do with the truth.

Krishna Katha das was never really homophobic or a war monger until FL taught him to be and at heart I think he probably hates the role he is playing just as much as Katyayani hated the politics. But somehow he lets FL control him. That is really a waste in my opinion. He could be so much more. Now when I see his face it reminds me of someone wearing a mask. The whole political personification FL created for him is just so gooey and phony and against the person I once knew. How could he live with it? I think Krishna das just got sick of all of it and that is why he stepped out of the politics.

I think this is a good assessment of Chris Butler's followers who engage in politics. Indeed, it seems that MOST of the sincere followers are indoctrinated somewhat into being extremely "homophobic" ...

There is also indoctrination that they are the holiest people on the planet, and that all other religions are somehow lacking and therefore useless...

I believe that human beings can be very easily "programmed" into believing certain things by what they listen to in lectures, watch on TV, and even read on various web-sites, etc... Also of note is that most of the followers of CB did take an interest in politics to some degree, in that a lot of them were watching the TV news and generally taking a right-wing neo-con stance on most topics (instead of chanting 24 hours a day... !!! which seems to have got lost over the years...)

Wearing a mask is a good way of putting it...

:)

Posted by: Dassi ()
Date: March 20, 2008 08:08AM

dharmabum
The message and the parallelism is that you are responsible for choosing your leader. I've no sympathy for the American people for bringing George Bush to the world as well as for the SoI members for following a twit. Hokey?

Hi Dharmabum, I laughed again at your joke!
As far as Bush goes; half the people in America don’t think he was really elected democratically – that the election was fixed….
I know it’s popular to think that Americans are all stupid and spawned from the Jerry Springer Show, but it’s not true.

I also think that while we need to take responsibility for our choices, we periodically make missteps. Here’s the thing. It’s human nature to be fooled at least once. We are fooled all the time by advertisers, politicians, doctors, spouses, con men, magicians... People lie. We can’t always tell. We eat the lies for many reasons. We paid out a lot of money, invested, already cast the vote, don’t want to face the truth, need to protect someone, don’t want to feel a fool, or enjoy the illusion for awhile.

Siddha’s cult was very pleasant to be in for a time. A fine illusion for easy marks; kids still influenced by drugs. The call of spirituality was a side effect of the drugs… so why couldn’t this cool guy have made it to Godhead? We were in the Age of Aquarius, right? If he could make it, he could guide us, right? We could make it too.

The drug effects that were replaced by this new religion wore off. In time, the contradictions became more and more apparent. It’s not like I was so strong and bright with lots of guts...… I was scared to leave. What if he really WAS a pure devotee? What if I was wrong? What if I really would die spiritually? It took some time to think this through. It took forgiving myself for being an idiot. It took trusting my inner authority. I eventually figured it out and was willing to face the truth. It was a cult. Chris Butler is a narcissistic fraud.

I recently rented the film- Lucky # Slevin. There is a great quote. I copied it in my journal and titled it ‘Lesson to Self’: “My father used to say, “The first time somebody calls you a horse, you punch ‘em on the nose. The second time somebody calls you a horse, you call ‘em a jerk. But the third time somebody calls you a horse, well, then perhaps it’s time to go shopping for a saddle.” I didn’t go shopping for a saddle. I went shopping for a mirror and changed my whole life for the better.

They say most people are weak and sheep-like. I guess those types will always be followers. I doubt Chris Butler will have much of a lasting legacy. I don’t even think he needs his followers now. He certainly has enough dough to retire on and live his life independent of his sheeple. The rest-- the adulation, worship, and money to play politics is just icing on his cake, salsa on his chips, hoisin sauce on his Chinese dumpling.

Date: March 20, 2008 08:11AM

Hi terrenaut, I noticed you over at the other thread. I always check out corboy’s posts. He’s been around a long time and knows what he’s talking about. The thread that the following post is quoted asks the question, can a cult leader ever be helped or recover from their delusions?
Highlights from corboy’s post --- very applicable to Chris Butler's group.

“(Len) Oakes studied the lives and methods of his sample of 20 charismatic leaders and found that they all had some degree of narcissistic personality disorder. They were unable to enjoy intimate relationships with adult equals. Instead, they compensated for this lack by becoming avid students of social manipulation and communication arts--and business/marketing.”

“Len Oakes' book is entitled Prophetic Charisma and its well worth reading.”

“If a charsmatic leader has spent years insulating him or herself with the the help of a selected entourage and large bank account, he or she will probably lose quite a few ordinary social skills (eg patience, the ability to accept differences of opinion, the ability to feel frustrated without exploding and dumping on an underling) and have little incentive to function any other way than as this kind of leader---someone who functions in a drastically unequal power imbalance and who hides the real self behind a public persona and whose emotional needs and flare ups are modulated and managed by an entourage who parent and nurture the guru and cover up for him or her.

The only possiblity for recovery might be some drastic form of hitting bottom and long term residential treatment at a facility where no one can be manipulated or charmed.

A grave pitfall for recovering disciples is to have more care and concern for their leader's healing than for their own well being.

It is safer, especially in the early stages to concentrate on ones own healing and leave the leader to deal with the consequences of his or her chosen lifestyle.

Leaders are powerholders and yet have a remarkable ability to get us to parent them and mourn for them at the expense of ourselves.

The former disciple needs to re-discover that his or her own life and self is worthy of attention, compassion and care. Former disciples have to pay their own rent and do their own shopping, unaided by an entourage of protectors and handlers.

Compassion is just as real when directed toward oneself--it doesn’t become real only when devoted to a powerful leader...

IMO These leaders for all their power, are quite good at getting people to worry more about their welfare (which is well taken care of, at least financially), and this drains energy needed to care for one's own welfare.”

See: [forum.culteducation.com]

Date: March 24, 2008 07:01PM

I ain't gonna work at Siddha's mansion no more
No I ain't gonna work at Siddha's mansion no more...
He doesn't give you a nickel, he doesn't give you a dime,
He asks you with a grin if you're having a good time...
Then he fines you every time you slam the door.
No, I ain't gonna work at Siddha's mansion no more.

He stubs his cigar out in your face just for kicks,
His bedroom window, it's made out of bricks,
the National Guard stands around his door,

I ain't gonna work in Siddha's kitchen no more,
No I ain't gonna work in Siddha's kitchen no more...
I work from morn' to sunset preparing his 60-course meal,
Meanwhile I'm anorexic - you can imagine how I feel...
No, I ain't gonna work in Siddha's kitchen no more.

I ain't gonna clean Siddha's mansion no more,
No, I ain't gonna clean Siddha's mansion no more...
I spend all day scrubbing seven thousand square feet of floor,
He tells me, "Chant while you work" - I just get bored,

I ain't gonna work for Siddha's political party no more,
No, I ain't gonna work for Siddha's political party no more...
It used to be called Godly Government, simple living, and feeding the poor,
Now it's hate the homosexuals... and let's go make war...
No, I ain't gonna work for Siddha's political party no more.

I ain't gonna work on Siddha's farm no more,
No, I ain't gonna work on Siddha's farm no more...
They get those Woofers working just like plantation slaves,
While Siddha's out there playing, just surfing on the waves,
No, I ain't gonna work on Siddha's farm no more.

Well, it's been 40 years or so since I heard this song,
so my memory may be a bit rusty...

Just Giggling...

Date: March 25, 2008 07:14AM

Nice, Googster =).

Date: March 25, 2008 09:44AM

I’m not gonna spam for Siddha’s websites no more
He asked me to go online always, be such a geek
Go on Craiglists.com plug 300 ads a week
I just hate spam because I’m a vegetarian freak
Ah, I’m not gonna spam for Siddha’s websites no more

Sorry, I can't help it!

Date: March 26, 2008 09:32PM

Good one, Dharmabum!

For those Generation X people who might not know what we are talking about here...

Bob Dylan was a popular and prolific singer/songwriter from the 1960s...

"I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more" was a song from his "Bringing It All Back Home" album.

Maybe we could do a re-make of his comical "Talking World War 3 Blues" ???

"Long time ago a crazy dream came to me...
I dreamt I was in the Science of Identity...
Chanting the Holy Names ... and holy cow...
Then I started feeling all holier than thou."

Date: March 27, 2008 06:56AM

Here's one more:

I ain't gonna google Siddhaswarup no more
All I wanted to know, what the guru is up to
What I get, ten thousand hits or so
Of nothing but quotes from the guru, oh no
Ah, I ain't gonna google Siddhaswarup no more

Googs, you're fun guy!

Date: March 28, 2008 04:12AM

Hey Dassi, I apologize for being so rash in condemning us for our wrong choices. You're right, it's too easy and simplistic to blame those who were duped by the lies and deceitful tactics gurus and politicians employ. I don't know what to say about blind followers who after learning that they've become tools for propagating lies still hang on to their dogmas. I still stand by my belief that innocent children are 100% free of guilt. They were simply brainwashed by their brain-dead parents. Thanks for your ever frank and very intelligent views. I always enjoy reading your posts.

I ain't gonna homeschool my children no more
I had to pull my children out of school
Science and karmis to guru are ain't cool
But isn't brainwashing the children at home cruel?
Aaaah, I ain't gonna homeschool my children no more
No more, no more ... no more, no more
No guru, screw you ... no more, no more
I ain't gonna go for that retard, no, no, noooo ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.