Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: September 19, 2007 12:13PM

hoax108
Speaking of Satya Sai Baba...

I remember that we weren't allowed to offer Nag Champa incense to the deities because apparently the manufacturers were devotees of Sai Baba and offered all their products to him.

Now I burn it all the time because I really like it. No more crazy rules.

Oh, Yeah, I remember the crazy rules! Probably they will tell you that smelling incense that has been offered to Sai Baba will send you straight to the worst kind of hell imaginable ... even if you were a passer-by who accidentally happened to get a whiff of the evil stuff!

I once read a story in one of their books about some bramanas who found some food on the side of the road, and they were hungry so they ate it... However, when these bramanas finally left their bodies and arrived at the Pearly Gates, they were told they had to take birth as ghosts... This was because that food which they had eaten had been previously offered to the ghosts!!!!

Yeh, they'll tell you some weird stuff...

Seems like it's real easy to go to hell ... but reaching Vaikuntha is extremely difficult ... which reminds me of the "camel through the needle" lecture... anyone remember this classic Sid lecture? ... I think this was when he was starting to get a bit wonky in his lectures with his interpretation of Christianity ...

:?

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 19, 2007 12:27PM

Dassi
I remember the [b:457d921364]"Gift Wrapped Emptiness"[/b:457d921364] booklet and radio broadcast.
It pissed a lot of people off! They called into the radio station to complain.

It was so negative and put everyone on a bummer.
But Sid liked doing this to people.

This is so true! I used to have the [b:457d921364]"Gift Wrapped Emptiness"[/b:457d921364] lecture on video and I certainly lost a few friends by showing them this video... As time went on, I learned that if I wanted to keep any friends, don't show any Jagat Guru Speaks to them... and besides, if they got too critical of G0d's one and only rep on earth, it would destroy their "spiritual life" and so it was in their benefit not to see the lectures anyhow, I suppose...

[b:457d921364]"But Sid liked doing this to people"[/b:457d921364] -- Do you remember he wanted to run a huge ad in the newspaper that read like this: YOU ARE DYING! ... talk about negativity!!! The implication was that only HE and his followers knew that life was temporary and that we are all going to die...

:roll:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Dassi ()
Date: September 20, 2007 07:38AM

The "Gift Wrapped Emptiness" was originally an audio lecture in the early 70's. He broadcast it once on the radio and then made a booklet. I guess he thought it cool enough to make the video in the 80's. But it's title belies it's content. Emptiness.

Re: YOU ARE ALL DYING. I remember how he always wanted to do campaigns like this. Get everyone on a bummer so they would need his empty philosophy and pay him money so he never would have to work a day in his life. In fact, I don't think the dude ever had a real job in his life!

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Dassi ()
Date: September 20, 2007 07:42AM

hoax108
Speaking of Satya Sai Baba...

I remember that we weren't allowed to offer Nag Champa incense to the deities because apparently the manufacturers were devotees of Sai Baba and offered all their products to him.

Now I burn it all the time because I really like it. No more crazy rules.

BTW, Sid makes a perfect GodFather. He'll even make you an offer you can't refuse.

That incense was the best! 8)

Sid had a video called something like "God the Father or The God Father"
He wore dark sunglasses and put down all religions 'cept his own.

So what offer did Sid make that you could not refuse?! :twisted:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: hoax108 ()
Date: September 20, 2007 08:23AM

Dassi,

When I saw the question in your post "so what offer did he make you that you could not refuse?", I immediately thought of Sid saying that Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one can approach the Father except through me."

Sid explained that Jesus meant that the only way to God was through a bonafide Spiritual Master and further that Jesus was speaking in the context of time, place, and circumstance.

Sid went on to say (or imply may be a better word) that since Jesus was apparently no longer physically on the planet but he (Sid) was, therefore you should surrender to him.

For a time I think I thought that he was the "real deal" and so I stuck around. However, after I time I began to question this in my heart and I found that my heart said "no".

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: hoax108 ()
Date: September 20, 2007 08:27AM

Speaking of brainwashing (or just habit), I still find myself saying "Sri Visnu" before popping a piece of food into my mouth.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 20, 2007 06:49PM

Dassi
Even the Homophobo stuff is a decade old.
What new stuff is coming out?
NOTHING is recent from Chris Butler,
at least publicly.

There is a steady supply of lectures going out on C.D. still, to all the disciples. I listened to as many as I could a couple of years ago when I was last at my parent's place... all far worse than you could imagine.
But the days of open public preaching are long gone, I wonder why?
Not the biggest fan of criticism, old Chris Butler.

I guarantee that their new method of recruitment actually yields more harvestable individuals.

Gradual conditioning, carefully planned out introduction/indoctrination...

where as coming straight out with what it is really all about would likely result in a much larger percentage of people being creeped out and turned off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be approaching the one year anniversary of my family refusing to talk to me pretty soon here, congratulations, you guys really bring new meaning to the terms "sellout" and "slave".

YOU SOLD ME OUT BEFORE I WAS EVEN BORN.

again, thanks.

kisses!

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 20, 2007 06:53PM

hoax 108 said:

"For a time I think I thought that he was the "real deal" and so I stuck around. However, after I time I began to question this in my heart and I found that my heart said "no"."

that's a good heart.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 20, 2007 07:27PM

How about this for a movie title:

SAI SUCKS[/size:59836bfc63]

The story of a guru who sucks the life out of his followers.

The followers are indoctrinated and brainwashed into spending their whole life with unrelenting guilt and grief. They are made to feel guilty for eating, sleeping, having any sexual libido, or even smiling and laughing. Many of them are depressed and suicidal. The guru sucks all the money from the followers in order to live an overly extravagant and luxurious lifestyle.

:x

[b:59836bfc63]THE GUBERNATORIAL GURU[/b:59836bfc63]

The story of a guru who starts with good intentions, trying to give the name of Krishna to all people. As time goes by, he convinces his followers that the best way to do this is by getting one of his puppets into high political office. However, as the puppets are campaigning, they deny having anything to do with the name of Krishna. (Did someone mention throwing out the baby with the bathwater?) They claim that they are of the Catholic faith, which is a belief system of resurrection of the body, eating fish on Friday, and eternal hell for anyone who is not baptized a catholic...

:?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 20, 2007 07:41PM

Rama Das (slave name)

There is a steady supply of lectures going out on C.D. still, to all the disciples. I listened to as many as I could a couple of years ago when I was last at my parent's place... all far worse than you could imagine.

Yo, Rama, welcome back... I have heard one of the recent lectures on CD, yes, definitely lacks the pizaz of the earlier lectures. My impression is that the gruesome guru brings a lot more politics into the latest lectures... is that true?

When you say "all far worse than you could imagine" -- do you mean more of the arrogant guru claiming that he is the only way, etc?

Too bad things couldn't get worked out with your family... Seems like rational people would be able to put all religious beliefs aside and keep on friendly terms with their offspring...

:wink:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.